The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm done watching this show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-04, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm done watching this show"
I haven't watched every episode of this season's show, and after last night's fiasco, I really see no reason to continue. I'm completely disgusted with Jesse's choice of Trish as one of the final four. She should have been gone last week after being outed by Jenny, and for reasons known only to Jesse at the time, he keeps her again. Jesse actually seemed concerned about her past while he was confronting her during the picnic, but Trish couldn't even come up with an explanation for being with a married man. Not that it should matter- infidelity should be a 100% deal-breaker, but Jesse continually blows this off like it was a minor lapse in judgement. I was waiting for Jesse to give her the boot at the picnic, but what happens? HE KISSES HER! "It's all right, honey; I guess you just slipped and fell on this guy when he had his pants off."

By bringing Trish to the final four, he's showing that his character is little better than hers. What I really wanted to see last night was for one of the girls to call it quits after he picked Trish. It would have been great if one of the girls had made up her mind to decline a rose if Jesse picked Trish. Now that would have been something to see.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm done watching this show smiley 04-29-04 1
   RE: I'm done watching this show Raven0404 04-29-04 3
 RE: I'm done watching this show Breezy 04-29-04 2
 RE: I'm done watching this show Loree 04-29-04 4
 RE: I'm done watching this show frenchsilk 05-01-04 5
 RE: I'm done watching this show ValleyGirl 05-01-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-29-04, 07:45 AM (EST)
1. "RE: I'm done watching this show"
Its called ratings. Unfortunetly....but I loved Tara's comment at the end LOL. Don't blame Jenny Trish...we all know you shouldn't be here LOL

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Raven0404 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-04, 08:27 AM (EST)
3. "RE: I'm done watching this show"
If you take into account how "real" these reality shows are, you can't forget that the network wants to create drama and keep people tuning in, so I was not surprised at all that Trish was given a rose. Although I don't care for the way Trish is portraying herself, I think it's going to come down to Trish the "bad" girl and Tara the "good" girl. Oh my! which one will he choose!! They'll keep that high drama right up to the end. Anything that will keep people tuning in and talking...just like this. lol

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-04, 08:23 AM (EST)
2. "RE: I'm done watching this show"
It's quite obvious that Jesse is not in this to find his wife. He's there to kiss and fondle as many girls as he can.

He proved it last night by keeping Trish, she's easy so ofcourse she's staying.

What really surprised me was him keeping Tara, she wasn't comfortable with the kissing and fondling in front of the cameras. I wonder if they had a lot of off camera time?

Just say no to trolls.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: I'm done watching this show"
I think the show is pushing Jesse to keep Trish around for ratings. All these shows seem to keep one villian long after we think they should be booted. Plus Jesse might be curious what type of home he will get to visit when he goes to see her. Call it curiousity. He knows he won't pick her in the end, but she is good for ratings and he enjoys kissing her.

frenchsilk 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-01-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
5. "RE: I'm done watching this show"
I felt just as you did, Boomerang. Jesse and Trish deserve each other, and I hope these girls wake up to that fact. My feeling is that their main interests now lie in making sure Trish LOSES.

In addition, it was primarily the game that was keeping me interested, and when I lost any chance at the diamonds in the online game, not to mention in the very fun Anti-Bootee game that Buckeyegirl is sponsoring on this board, I pretty much lost interest! :-D

On the plus side, my addiction is over - no more wasting time staring at photos!

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-01-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
6. "RE: I'm done watching this show"
We all know from watching hours and hours of reality tv shows that it all comes down to the ratings. It's what the networks are all about, good ratings=more people watching the sponsor's commercials=more$$$ for the networks.
Whether we like to admit it or not, we are all hooked on reality tv shows or else we wouldn't be here! The networks are very good at appealing to what we like and knowing what buttons to push. We know we are going to watch, so we may as well just sit back and enjoy the reality tv show drama as it plays out before us for Jesse, and hope the girl he picks doesn't end up getting hurt by it all.

It's okay to be called a golddigger, just be sure you're from California!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •