The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-03, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
I dunno, it just didn't seem to flow all that well.

They spent a lot of time redeeming Amber's drunken state, defending her and saying she's not an alcoholic. One also got the feeling that they wanted to rip Tina Fabulous a lot more than they did.

They showed taped messages of Kirsten and Jen. Pretty lame stuff. The Audience seemed to have a negative reaction to Kirsten.

Cristina DID get ripped quite a bit, though. Especially for her aggressivess and the age difference. But then came some defense for the aggressiveness (from other girls), so this sorta went lame, too.

One thing that got me, though: I have rarely seen such out of context editing to produce commercials and teasers in my life! For example, the commercial where Kirsten is saying "I heard some things said about me"... was made to look like a live and real confrontation... it wasn't. It was taped, and that remark just zipped by and really wasn't a thing. In many of the teasers (to bring us back after a commercial break), the snippets shown suggeted a direction and level of conversation (and cattiness) that just never materialized.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... smiley 05-15-03 1
 RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... triednottowatch 05-15-03 2
 RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... greeneyes 05-15-03 3
   RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... Schnookie Palookie 05-15-03 4
   RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... djandy 05-15-03 5
       RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... Aussiemama 05-15-03 6
   RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly... SurvivinDawg 05-16-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-15-03, 08:26 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
It was disappointing Dawg.

I was waiting for Kirsten to say "You are all a bunch of bitches who are jealous of me...na na na na na" LOL

OK well maybe not. Christina got the worst of it and she looked like she was going to start crying but she kept herself composed. I have a very bad feeling he is going to pick Kirsten from seeing those previews

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-15-03, 09:15 AM (EST)
2. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
I agree. Like the part that looked like Cristina and Tina were getting into it, and it turned out Cristina was responding to a question.

Cristina is batting a thousand, though. She has looked like a beyotch on EVERY episode and she kept the string going last night.

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
What does every one else think about the messages that Jen and Kirsten left for the other girls?

I really thought before that he ended up choosing Jen. But I'm not so sure any more. In her video, Jen seemed to be speaking in the past, and said that he hoped he realized that she had fallen in love with him.

Kirsten seemed to be really happy in her message, and was practically glowing. She also said that she had come on the show to find true love, and that she did find it. (She strikes me as the type that would not be able to hide her bitterness if she was going to be dumped on national TV)

Would love to know when the messages were taped. It looks like after the shows began airing, since Kirsten mentioned some of the girls making some rude comments.

I definitely think the producers/editors really don't care for Kirsten. They had a catty comment from her in nearly every segment. They hardly showed any clips of Jen from the house. And I loved the commercials where they said it was a showdown between the sweet and the shrewd.

I hope the preview where Andrew's brother was talking to him, and the brother didn't seem to like the girl was concerning Kirsten. I think the family's preference played a big part in Andrew's decision.

Please let it be Jen in the end. After watching Jenna win Survivor, I'm not sure that I can handle seeing another seemingly self-centered, spoiled girl come out on top. Guess we'll find out on Sunday.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
I also noticed Kirsten saying that she did find true love. BLECH!
Please don't let it be her. Again, it's all in the editing. Now they have the girl everyone likes versus the girl everyone dislikes. Makes for better tv (at least they think so).

GO JEN!!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-15-03, 06:52 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
** And I loved the commercials where they said it was a showdown between the sweet and the shrewd. **

Or is that SHREW?

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-15-03, 07:39 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
Does anyone remember when we were all positive that Charlie was going to win because of the editing? This is what is happening again and they are forcing the B**ch down our throats. Jen is going to win! Mind you I think she deserves better than Andrew, he is a sleeze.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-03, 06:17 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Women Tell All: Not Hardly..."
What does every one else think about the messages that Jen and Kirsten left for the other girls?

I said this in the other thread (the Kirsten interview), that the article said that Andrew was supposed to show up for this show (as Trista showed up for the "Men Tell All" show, and proceeded to humiliate stalker Russ by pointing out that she didn't invite him to the bedroom, while she did invite Charlie and Ryan to bed). But Andrew didn't show up, so IMHO these tapes were played instead.

When were they made? I don't know.

And the editing DOES tend to suggest Jen will be the "surprise" winner.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •