The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"4 to Score"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-23-03, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"4 to Score"
With apologies to Janet Evanovich for stealing the title of one of her hilariously funny books, the final four are:

Tina
Kirsten
Jen
Cristina (???)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 4 to Score djandy 04-23-03 1
   RE: 4 to Score SurvivinDawg 04-24-03 3
       RE: 4 to Score jewelz10 04-30-03 15
 RE: 4 to Score tribephyl 04-24-03 2
   RE: 4 to Score triednottowatch 04-30-03 16
 RE: 4 to Score Ahtumbreez 04-24-03 4
   RE: 4 to Score djandy 04-24-03 7
 RE: 4 to Score smiley 04-24-03 5
   RE: 4 to Score jkokoj 04-24-03 6
       RE: 4 to Score Schnookie Palookie 04-24-03 8
 RE: 4 to Score dajaki 04-24-03 9
   RE: 4 to Score jeannemarie97 04-30-03 11
       RE: 4 to Score dajaki 04-30-03 12
       RE: 4 to Score triednottowatch 04-30-03 14
       RE: 4 to Score djandy 04-30-03 17
           RE: 4 to Score jeannemarie97 05-01-03 18
   why go on The Bachelor? boomerang 05-01-03 19
 RE: 4 to Score Shy Gnome 04-24-03 10
   RE: 4 to Score dajaki 04-30-03 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-23-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
1. "RE: 4 to Score"
Liz and Anne-Michelle did not receive roses. Liz looked totally crushed, and cried her heart out. Anne-Michelle acted confident to the very end. Of course, she's an actress, so who knows. Once again I was shocked that Cristina got a rose. Cristina just complained the entire time about not getting a one-on-one date. And it may be just me, but Kirsten's voice is grating on my nerves. Cristina and Kirsten were acting very junior highschoolish about Tina having Andrew's watch. They were bickering over it, and Kirsten reminded Andrew during her alone time to get it back. Let the cat fights begin!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-03, 06:58 AM (EST)
3. "RE: 4 to Score"
Totally agree.. the fun of this whole series is watching these cats ladies not liking each other.

If it is not clear to the world that its going to be Kirsten at the end, please explain it to me. It sure looked obvious to me that Andrew is totally smitten with Kirsten. (and they DO make a cute couple, I must admit).

Cristina was dead-on correct to be pi$$ed at having to go on the group date. She was getting no real one-on-one time with Andrew... and she used the time she DID get with him (by her aggressiveness, I might add) to make some points. I thought she did well, although I wonder if her motives are to bag Andrew, or just bag a rich hubbie. But she did what she needed to do, and got a rose.

By way of contrast, Liz did NOT do what she needed to do (plaster a kiss on the guy) and did not receive a rose. Anne-Michelle probably figured she wasn't getting a rose and was prepared mentally. Poor Liz just couldn't bear it, although I don't know why she didn't see it coming. But I think she'll realize later that it was better to go now than to really get her heart broken in the final 3 or 2.

And Tina is absolutely "junior high".

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

jewelz10 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-03, 10:31 AM (EST)
15. "RE: 4 to Score"
I've got to tell you guys, I am beginning to wonder if Andrew is afraid of taking Cristina on a one-on-one date. I mean really...the girl is about to rape him as it is with others nearby. Imagine what she'd be like ALONE.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 04:50 AM (EST)
2. "RE: 4 to Score"
Tina "fabulous" and
Kirsten are F2.
The interest level of the Bachelor with these two is so high.

Tina is the only woman to make the guy nervous everytime they talk.
Kirsten is sexy and available, to him, not the other women.

There are feelings towards Jen, but me thinks she will be the 2nd runner-up
Jen is the perfect wife...but face it he's a man!!!

...and Cristina as the big loser after the family visit.
Cristina is a nice "lady" with a few bags. She is definitely next to go. Too bad she already said that the biggest hope of her's was... "To have you(Andrew) visit my(her) family." Unfortunately after meeting her only living relative...he decides to not give her a pearl necklace...er...a rose!

tribephyl

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-30-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 4 to Score"
I agree, tribephyl. I think it will be Tina and Kirsten as well. Imagine how cold it's going to be in the house with those two being the only ones left. BRRRR.

Hmmmmm. Wonder if ABC would show a good catfight? There might not be a winner this time. One may be in the hospital and the other in jail. BTW, wonder how the Firestones will feel about the fact that both of those two have been heard to utter the "F" word on TV in casual conversation? They may need to hire Professor Higgins.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 07:31 AM (EST)
4. "RE: 4 to Score"
First of all djandy, I MUST compliment you on your taste in authors and books. Love, love, love JE! And would do Ranger in a heartbeat.
Ok, to get back on track, I hated that Liz didn't get a rose, my better half doesn't like her, he's a Christina guy (puke) but I think Liz is adorable. Oh well, so much for my fore-shadowing thought on the wedding dress segment in the first epi. But I'm too think it's Kirsten (and don't really care) and I'd rather see Liz go now I guess than to go to final 2 and not get him. And it's not like on Bachelorette where the guys liked each other so.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

04-24-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 4 to Score"
Thanks Ahtumbreeze, I love both Ranger and Joe Morelli. For more information on Janet Evanovich, visit her web site:

http://www.evanovich.com/

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-24-03, 07:59 AM (EST)
5. "RE: 4 to Score"
I wasn't really surprised after last nights decision. The girls and their motives are truly coming to light and to tell y ou the truth I think Jen is the only sincere one left.

Kirsten is just plain bitchy. She knows that Andrew likes her and she is going to make every effort in letting the girls know she is #1.

Tina is in it for the challenge. I don't think she has any true feelings for Andrew. She is just enjoying making him nervous.

Christina may have feelings for him but she is also in it for the game. How is she going to last with Andrew going on overnight dates with other girls?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-24-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 4 to Score"
You nailed it smiley. I think your assessments are dead on. Although I do think Kirsten has feelings for him. Believe it or not I really liked her after last night.

Truly these girls are not there to make friends. These girls are there to win the guy and possible husband.

I really liked Jen too. However, the whole time during dinner she kept looking away from Andrew when he talked. It started bothering me and I kept saying to hubby why won't she look at him. If I truly wanted to connect with a possible love/husband and I was on that private date, I would be making all kinds of eye contact and really trying to see if the feelings were there.

Almost everyone left reminds me of being in jr. high/high school.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
8. "RE: 4 to Score"
I agree with you about Jen looking away all the time. I was wondering what was up with that. I was trying to figure out if she thought it was appealing or not. I do like her but doubt she'll be the one. Andrew likes her because he feels comfortable with her. Men don't marry women for "comfort". It's nice if comfort comes later in the relationship but it won't get her the final rose.

Christina gets a rose again? WTF? She's always whining. I never liked her though. Right in the beginning she said she would be "Mrs. Firestone". She's after the name and money. Not Andrew. What a big baby she is.

Kirsten: Well, I'm still not sure about her. I don't like her because I don't like people who are cocky. She doesn't want to get along with others. I know she isn't there to make friends, but I would think she'd try to make some effort.

Tina Fabulous: She's a looker that's for sure but I'm starting to find her too offstandish. She keeps turning her head when Andrew kisses her. I'd send her packing. Now's not the time to be playing hard-to-get.

Ann-Michelle: I was disappointed she didn't get a rose because she's so cute. I do think though that she was the only one left that really wasn't attached to Andrew and I think he figured that out.

Liz: Oh poor Liz. The twitching started right at the beginning of the rose ceremony. How dramatic at the end when she's crying and she says she gave it all to him and now there's nothing left in her. I agree it was best she left now than later. I truly believe she would have needed some serious therapy if she were in the final 2 and wasn't picked.

I'm really not sure now who will be the final one. If it is to be Kirsten, I'm hoping I see something in her to like in the next few episodes.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: 4 to Score"
Dearly departed first:

Liz - I'll agree that it's good she went now rather than in the final 4. She just became too emotionally invested in this whole thing, and if he had not chosen her after meeting her family, she would have been suicidal. I really think she needs to take some time off from relationships and visit a therapist. She seems manic-depressive to me.

Anne-Michelle - I liked her. She didn't have chemistry with Andrew, though, and they both knew it. I hope she becomes successful in her acting. Maybe the peeps at this board will run out and buy her DVDs like they bought K. Clarkson's CD. LOL!

Final 4 (which again doesn't include ASU or UofA *sigh*):

Tina AbFab - Is she the best Wisconsin has to offer? No wonder my DH is a Minnesota Vikings fan. Tina is playing a role. She wants Andrew because the others want him. I laughed at the comment she made during the couch time last night. She said that the watch has been on her wrist since Andrew put it there. Methinks Tina is an historical revisionist. I do believe that she initiated (note to Survivor's Jeanne - word in proper usage) the whole pimped out watch theft. She put the watch on her own wrist.

Cristina - She just rubs me the wrong way. I don't like her skin. It looks like she's a compulsive tanner, and she will really pay the price in 15 years. If she's so ready to get married, why go on The Bachelor? The chances of being the fortunate girl, and the chances of ever making it to the altar with the Bachelor (we all know this show's history) are pretty slim. She needs to find a good man at church, the grocery store or work. Or, better yet, she can employ a professional matchmaker's services.

Jen - I think I like Jen. At least I like her on the show, but I'm not sure that I would hang out with her in RL. She does look like she would fit into Andrew's Napa Valley (or is it Sonoma?) world.

Kirsten - This is the winner. I like her. She doesn't get along with the other women because she is in a competition with them. I can kind of understand that. She treated Andrew's friends very well, like they were her friends already. She's beautiful and she seems to really connect with Andrew, and not just at the lip level where he seems to connect with EVERYONE (in fact, I think I saw him kissing a camera person and the caterer - I'll confirm this after the show is over because I, like most of people here, have a connection to the crew via a BIL who's friends with an ABC writer who's friends with a Bachelor cameraman). I loved their date last night. How sweet was that slide show? I told my DH to take notes. Our 10th anniversary is coming up next year and that kind of date would guarantee another 10 years of the bliss that is being married to me!

jeannemarie97 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-30-03, 00:41 AM (EST)
11. "RE: 4 to Score"
I'm new to this board and am already being mocked over in another forum for my comments but I've only just now learned through your post that most or many of you who post here have a connection to or know someone who has a connection to this show.

Now I'm even more incredulous that you can have some of the opinions you have. That most of you would believe that ABC would set up Kirsten as they have and then make her the winner is an amazement to me. I went into it all in another post and it's not even worth the trouble if you don't know what I'm talking about. The fact that you're missing the point on the whole Tina thing...I would have thought you would have been more sophisticated, unless you have some insider info and ABC is pandering to one of two audiences: 1) the closest donut on the plate crowd,as in Jen or 2) the soap-opera slutty/starlet thing, as in Kirsten with the elegant eyebrows.

It astonishes me that you're calling Tina's behavior "junior high". Where do you people come from and what is your idea of sophistication? It's funny because you turn a good phrase here and there but your taste is decidedly down-market in terms of your views of these young women.

04-30-03, 02:17 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 4 to Score"
Note: There is no sarcasm running through my head as I type this. Okay, maybe a little.

Where do I start? Let's just start with the whole concept of reality TV. The people who go on these shows, whether adventures for money (Survivor) or demeaning trash for pseudo-love (The Bachelor), put themselves out there before the North American public for a variety of reasons. Anyone who puts him/herself in front of the viewing public, takes the chance that his/her efforts, personal characteristics, etc. will be mocked. That's pretty much what we do at these boards. From time to time, someone will behave in a manner that is praiseworthy and we will make note of it. But for the most part, these DAWs show us on a weekly basis how needy, imperfect and desperate they are. We don't take them seriously. Of course, most of us don't take ourselves seriously. After all, we're all watching this bilge rather than writing the great American novel, solving world hunger or campaigning for reform of our political and social bureaucracies. Also, several of us have auditioned in one form or another for a reality TV show.

I honestly don't know if most people on this board have some sort of connection to various reality TV productions. We're all liars to some degree (some pathological - hang out here long enough and you'll start to figure them out! LOL!). My tenuous connection to the show is real (seriously! Many regulars are rolling their eyes), but since the second Bachelor debacle, everyone is totally silent. Or at least that's what I've been told by my brother-in-law. I think he just doesn't want to do intel for me via his ABC writer friend. To pacify me, he had the friend get autographed pics for me of the stars of the show that this person writes for.

As for ABC's editing of Kirsten and others: they edit for drama. ABC and every other network cares about one thing and one thing only: ratings. They could take footage that makes Kirsten look like Mother Teresa if they thought it would draw more viewers on Wednesday night. Don't trust them. I stated Kirsten as the winner because that is my opinion. ABC is definitely pointing in her direction, whether because it's true or she's a red herring, I don't know. If Jen wins, fine. If Tina Fabulous wins, fine. If Cristina wins, fine. It really doesn't matter to me since I'm not Andrew's sister, aunt, cousin, or shrink.

I hope you stick around the message boards. We really are a fun, though often cantankerous, group.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-30-03, 10:26 AM (EST)
14. "RE: 4 to Score"
Quite a high horse you're on there jeannemarie. I'm relatively new to these board as well. However I note that the one constant is that all of us feel like we can post our comments and OPINIONS about the happenings on the show without the other board residents critiquing and judging US. Let's face it, we are on these boards to make fun of the people who put themselves on our televisions in "reality" situations.

Hmmm. jeannemarie. You must be French; you surely have that oh so arrogant French attitude. Lighten up and try to enjoy the boards. If you can't do that, maybe you are in the wrong place.

04-30-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: 4 to Score"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-03 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

jeannemarie97,

I also think that Kirsten will not win because of her poor editing. If Kirsten was the winner, Kirsten's silent treatment of the others and everybody's animosity toward Kirsten would have been edited out, not featured.

I also would love to have Jen win, because I like her the best. However, I have guessed that Tina Fabulous will win because she is playing hard-to-get and is intriguing to Andrew.

However, these are just my opinions and guesses, and everybody is free to express their own views. One of the rules on this board is to not attack other people. i.e. you can say "I don't think Kirsten will win because of a, b, and c", but you shouldn't say "poster so-and-so is stupid because they think Kirsten will win".

But welcome to the Boards, and you may want to review the posting guidelines that are posted by SurvivaBear in one the Survivor topics so you'll be familiar with the guidelines.

Edited to add the link to the guidelines: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3679.shtml

jeannemarie97 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 09:25 AM (EST)
18. "RE: 4 to Score"
To all who have responded to me:

Thanks, you were all very gracious in your comments. I am sorry and will work at not being offensive in mine.

I'm new to the entire idea of "message boards" and had only posted to one before, the other one on "The Bachelor" website. There, while there are people posting intelligent, interesting things,you also get a lot of nonsense postings, people greeting one another, calling the participants all sorts of names, that sort of thing.

When I began to read this board I was delighted to see intelligent people posting, with well formed opinions written in actual English! The fun part is that so many of you seem to be very clever and sarcastic yourselves, but you're right, not towards one another just towards the contestants.

I'm sorry, but I'm still blown away by the fact that many of you, however sophisticated and intelligent you sound, are claiming that Kirsten will probably win this contest. If you need tangible evidence that you are in bad company, have a look at "The Bachelor" website's message boards and take note of the writing styles of those who prefer Kirsten to Tina or Jen. It's an eye opener.

After my first posting, in which I mistakingly posted under "scripting" as "Dawg" had changed the subject line and I unfortunately didn't notice, I've abandoned giving any reasons for statements regarding Kirsten, as the answer I got back from him was "Well, DUH"!!!

My take on this board immediately became negative, thinking that I probably wasn't allowed to give my rationale for my opinions on anything because I wasn't an "insider". (I should admit, one or two people greeted me cordially, another in the same "get lost lady" style, so
I just didn't know if it was worth it). Now I see that there are nice folks here who are willing to discuss things so I'd like to stay around if you'll have me.

I'm not 100% French!!! (does that count for something?)

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
19. "why go on The Bachelor?"
I would treat an appearance on "The Bachelor," or any other "reality" show like an all-expenses-paid adventure. You get to meet a lot of interesting people, go on fabulous dates, and get your fifteen minutes of fame. Yes, the odds are really stacked against someone "winning," but think of the exposure a show like this will get you. These girls must have offers overflowing their mailboxes after appearing on these shows.

Shy Gnome 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: 4 to Score"
Did anyone catch the vid caps for next week and notice the one where Andy is walking along a lake or beach. The female had a smokin bod, so I figured it was Kristen. Thinking about it, maybe it was Cristina?

Anyone have the vid cap so we can determine?

Since Andy has a thing for smokin bods over anything else (how else could Amber have made it so far), this may be an important determination.

04-30-03, 02:20 AM (EST)
13. "RE: 4 to Score"
The smokin' bod on the beach belongs to Tina Fabulous. Check out the hair.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •