The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-11-12, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Well, the $hit hits the fan in old London town tonight. Watch and see who gets told where the bear $hit in the buckwheat after committing the gaffe of the season. Post your stuff here till Arnold's neighbors have a chance to see this debacle live.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 mrc 06-12-12 1
   RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Round Robin 06-12-12 2
   RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 CSHS79 06-12-12 3
       RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Ants 06-14-12 11
 RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Loree 06-12-12 4
   RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 DoinTomCruiseDance 06-14-12 13
 RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 samboohoo 06-13-12 5
   RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Ants 06-14-12 10
 RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Belle Book 06-13-12 6
   RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Round Robin 06-13-12 7
   RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 CSHS79 06-14-12 8
       RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Ants 06-14-12 12
 RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5 Ants 06-14-12 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-12, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Okay, I'll start.

1. If I had to go on body language and interactions, I would peg Sean and Jef(f) as F2. I would put Arie there, but I can't imagine him being F2 with the edit last night.

2. Ryan is playing his "good bad boy" role perfectly. I grew up with guys like him--like honey for bears.

3. Did I miss it, or did Kalon never say "baggage?" I understand he meant it, but I thought it was funny how that word was passed around by guys who were never privy to the original convo.

4. What did Emily expect the guys to do--beat Kalon to a pulp when she confronted him? I thought her disappointment that no one spoke up was ridiculous.

5. Given his previous behavior, I don't understand why Doug didn't go into DOUG SMASH mode last night. I did like how patronizing he was to Kalon, though--classy.

A Slice of Manga

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-12-12, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
1. I think you're probably right about Sean & Jef. After that episode I cannot imagine the F2 being anyone else. As for Arie, you gotta remember the low quality of his competition. Arie will last longer than you think.

2. Ryan is the classic bad boy, but considering who he's up against, even as bad as some of them suck, he'll be lucky to make the final 3. Emily will not keep him over Sean or Jef, and maybe not over Arie either.

3. I never heard Kalon directly use the word baggage, but from what I did hear him say I think he meant that BOTH Ricki and her dead father were baggage. He was already skating on thin ice due to his previous behavior that day, and I think he didn't argue harder because he realized he and Emily weren't that good a match.

4. I think Emily has forgotten that most previous Baches and 'ettes have gotten pi$$ed off at people who squealed on each other. Her guys quite rightly feared that if they squealed she might get pi$$ed off at them instead, and in view of that history she was asking too much for them to have clued her in as to Kalon's behavior.

5. I can see Doug lasting another episode or 2, but he will be gone by the time of the hometown dates.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-12-12, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
*If I had to go on body language and interactions, I would peg Sean and Jef(f) as F2. I would put Arie there, but I can't imagine him being F2 with the edit last night.

From what've I've read in the tabloids, Arie tics Emily off in a future episode and gets sent home before the F2.

*Did I miss it, or did Kalon never say "baggage?" I understand he meant it, but I thought it was funny how that word was
passed around by guys who were never privy to the original convo.

No Kalon never did say baggage. His comment came during a convo about how various guys were eager for a 1 on 1 with Emily vs continuing to just be on the group dates. Kalon said that when it comes to dating Emily even after the show it would always be a group date, as in the guy, Emily and Ricki.
IMHO,what angered the guys was that at this stage in the journey there would be a guy taking up a slot by a guy not totally into Emily. I'd be angry too, if I was one of the guys Emily cut in favor of Kalon staying.
As far as how quickly the guys did or didn't run to tell Emily, I can see why they wouldn't. It really affected the rest of the night once it came to light. Plus I think they thought it might go easier on Emily if she never found out and Kalon just stepped up and left on his own. Personally Kalon should have been a man and bowed out on his own.

*. What did Emily expect the guys to do--beat Kalon to a pulp when she confronted him? I thought her disappointment
that no one spoke up was ridiculous.

I think Emily wondered why it took until the evening part of the date for someone to tell her vs pulling her aside earlier in the day. Perosnally, I wish one of the guys actually did do that, but that's all in hindsight.

*. Given his previous behavior, I don't understand why Doug didn't go into DOUG SMASH mode last night. I did like how patronizing he was to Kalon, though--classy.

in the end all that matters is Kalon's gone and hopefully Emily winds up with Sean or Jef since they are the best guys for Emily.

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-14-12, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
"From what've I've read in the tabloids, Arie tics Emily off in a future episode and gets sent home before the F2."

SPOILER!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
I thought Emily was being a bit of a princess. She wanted the guys to protect her and take care of Kalon. In the past the tattler is not always treated like someone that has done the right thing. Doug told her what Kalon said. Most of the guys heard it second hand. Were they all suppose to rush to her side and tell her what mean Kalon said? Did she want them to fight a duel with Kalon? Can she not take care of herself? These guys are not her boyfriend. They are fighting for the right to be that. But at this point they don't really know who she prefers. She has kept Kalon around after other jerky things he has said and done. They did not know if she would want them to interfere. She was more angry at Arie yet he did not even hear it first hand. Yet Jef admitted hearing Kalon say this and he did not tell her but she was not angry with him.

I know Emily adores Jef. To me he is like a boy among men. He can't talk without saying "like" over and over again. Yet Emily is just smitten with him.

I wonder if Emily has any real interests other than finding a father for Ricky and having more children. I do wonder if most of these guys would not be bored with her once the attraction wears off. I did not even think she understood half of what she was reciting about London. King Henry locked all his wives up in the Tower of London. Really?

DoinTomCruiseDance 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-14-12, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoinTomCruiseDance Click to send private message to DoinTomCruiseDance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-12 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

It didn't seem to me that Emily even noticed Kalon.. so why care what he thinks??

Just seemed odd to me that she would go off at someone she barely knew bc he doesn't see things as she does..and with those words..OUCH! His explanation should've been good enough for her to recognize that he means no harm..he's just a kid basing an opinion on that which he is still ignorant about (he has No kids of his own). When he does, I'm sure he'll never say those words again. But come on, he's not going to know until he knows, and when it comes to children..ALL you moms & dads were surprised by the Love you now know! Took you by surprise right?!? Well, he'll have his day too..to all of a sudden Understand a love like that.

Her reactions were Not called for! They were overtly aggressive and went on too long including too many words that crossed too far over the edge of what is acceptable. Kalon was the mature person (although younger & seemingly more ignorant) in that scenario. He left calmly and with grace after explaining the thought process behind his comment even though she was going on & on about what she'd like to do to him.

I was embarrassed for her.. and for myself, having said I saw her as a smart girl, bc smart to me correlates to how you treat & interrelate with every kind of person you come across in life.

It is a smart person who recognizes ignorance..a smarter person who recognizes ignorance & let's it slide..and a wise person who recognizes ignorance & enlightens. Whether it's ignorance (unknowing) based from a lack of experience or knowledge. Don't ridicule..either enlighten or let it slide!!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-12, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Is it just me or is Emily's clock ticking in serious overdrive?

I'm still enjoying this season much more than the past two.

Kalon was a jerk. I'm glad he's gone. Much of that was for the drama.

Not sure what she still sees in Ryan. I don't even see a pretty face anymore.

Jef is interesting. I don't see them as a fit.

Love Sean.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

06-14-12, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Emily wants Ricky to have siblings that are close in age. That's what her rush is. At this point, though, they'll be roughly 10 years apart (she's six, Emily will date for a couple years, get married, another 9 months of pregnancy . . .)

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-13-12, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Kalon is an idiot. No question about that.

I think that most of the guys were simply afraid that if they tattled on Kalon, she'd get mad at them! That had happened before in earlier Bachelor or Bachelorette shows, after all.

I have reason to believe that Ryan won't last much longer -- like maybe not past next week. He's all wrong for Emily and should go sooon anyway.

06-13-12, 03:55 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Ryan is so full of himself he needs an 18 wheeler to haul his ego around, and once Emily realizes that, he will be gone.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-14-12, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
*********I think that most of the guys were simply afraid that
if they tattled on Kalon, she'd get mad at them! That had happened before in earlier Bachelor or Bachelorette shows, after all.

The problem's always been when they never fully pull the trigger like during Jillian's season with Wes. Jonathan Pope (I think his first name was Jonathan)warned Jillian she needed to watch out for those who don't have her best interest at heart but never mentioned a name.

Then there's the situatio with Jake and Vienna, and yes they mentioned the name of the contestant. However, Jake wanted the ladies to be more concerned about their connection with him. So to hear them say "Jake get rid of Vienna" without giving him enough reaon to keep them instead, Jake chose to pursue Vienna who clearly was pursuing him.

With Emily, she was upset for multiple reasons. She wondered why the men didn't come to her sooner. But she was more upset that quite possibly there is no guy she can trust in this process. Her concern is valid since her choices affect not just her but her daughter as well.

06-14-12, 07:39 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
Then, there was the Caveman's, "Tread lightly or it will lead to your demise" when Emily tried to warn him about Courtney.

06-14-12, 07:20 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Bachelorette Emily-Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-12 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

I like Ryan less than I did at the start. He's cute, but not husband material.

Kalon didn't use the word baggage, but when Emily ask him if he did, he said that he did. I'm glad he's gone. He was fun for a time, but I'm not sorry to see him go.

I like Sean the best. He's sweet.

Jef's ok, but I don't him as the F1. Travis? Def not F1.

I don't see there being enough of an attraction between Em and Doug.

Oh, Chris has to be in the F3, I think.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •