The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-12-12, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Yes! Finally, someone that guys actually drool over and see as wife material.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_bachelorette_8/2012_Jan_11_emily-maynard

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-12-12 1
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Ants 01-13-12 8
 RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Max Headroom 01-12-12 2
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... samboohoo 01-12-12 5
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Snidget 01-13-12 10
 RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Estee 01-12-12 3
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 01-12-12 4
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Max Headroom 01-12-12 6
           RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-12-12 7
 RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Ants 01-13-12 9
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-14-12 11
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Ants 01-17-12 14
           RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-17-12 17
 RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... thndrkttn 01-15-12 12
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-17-12 13
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Ants 01-17-12 15
           RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 01-17-12 16
           RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-17-12 18
               RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 01-18-12 19
                   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 01-18-12 20
                       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 01-18-12 21
                           Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 01-19-12 22
                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! Estee 01-19-12 23
                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-19-12 24
                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 01-19-12 26
                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-19-12 25
                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 01-19-12 27
                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! Ants 01-19-12 28
                                       RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-20-12 29
                                           RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 01-20-12 30
                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-20-12 31
                                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-27-12 32
                                                       RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 01-28-12 33
                                                           RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-28-12 34
                                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 01-28-12 35
                                                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-28-12 38
                                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! Ants 01-28-12 36
                                                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-28-12 37
                                                                       RE: Warning, Warning!!! Ants 01-28-12 39
                                                                           RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 01-28-12 40
                                                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 02-01-12 41
                                                                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 02-01-12 42
                                                                                       RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 02-01-12 43
                                                                                           RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 02-02-12 44
                                                                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 02-02-12 45
                                                                                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 02-02-12 46
                                                                                                       RE: Warning, Warning!!! Ants 02-02-12 47
                                                                                                           RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 02-03-12 48
                                                                                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 02-03-12 49
                                                                                                                   RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 02-03-12 50
                                                                                                                       RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 02-03-12 51
                                                                                                                           RE: Warning, Warning!!! Round Robin 02-04-12 52
                                                                                                                               RE: Warning, Warning!!! JoeGazillionaire 02-04-12 53
 RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... qwertypie 02-04-12 54
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 02-04-12 55
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 02-04-12 56
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 02-11-12 57
           RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 02-12-12 58
               RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 02-12-12 59
                   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Loree 02-12-12 60
                       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 02-12-12 61
                       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 02-12-12 62
   RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 03-02-12 63
       RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 03-02-12 64
           RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... JoeGazillionaire 03-03-12 65
               RE: Emily Maynard will be the next ... Round Robin 03-03-12 66
 Reality Steve Loree 04-20-12 67
   RE: Reality Steve Estee 04-20-12 68
       RE: Reality Steve JoeGazillionaire 04-22-12 69
           RE: Reality Steve Estee 04-22-12 70
 Promos have started Round Robin 04-25-12 71
   RE: Promos have started JoeGazillionaire 04-25-12 72
       RE: Promos have started mrc 04-25-12 73
           RE: Promos have started JoeGazillionaire 04-25-12 74
               RE: Promos have started Round Robin 04-26-12 75
                   RE: Promos have started JoeGazillionaire 04-27-12 76
                       RE: Promos have started Round Robin 04-28-12 77
                           RE: Promos have started JoeGazillionaire 04-28-12 78
 Emily's bachelors have been announc... Round Robin 05-02-12 79

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-12-12, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Oh and this is the first time they will move the entire show to her hometown instead of LA.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-13-12, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Really? They're gonna film it there?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-12, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
The Bachelor(ette) has the same problem as Survivor and Amazing Race-- too many reality TV retreads. Can't the producers find someone new for these shows?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-12, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
They have said they will never do "newbies" again. I'm okay with that. It's easier to watch when you know the person. They have a history. You either want to see them do well or crash and burn.

I do find the Emily choice interesting. I get that they are moving it to Charlotte for her, but didn't she want to be out of the limelight? Now, she's bringing it right up to her door. Again.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-12, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Charlotte, huh....

Wanna go on a date-crashing peep meet?

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-12, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Which also says they didn't think there was anyone in this season's selection from Central Catting whom the viewers would want to see again. Typical reality producers: get exactly what you always wanted and then claim it was more trouble than anything's worth...

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-12-12, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I'd have liked to see Kacie B. back, but other than her, there just aren't very many likeable women in this cast. Plus I think they knew all along they wanted Emily so they didn't pick anybody who would need to be made popular in the current cast.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
You don't think Courtney's sneering, passive-aggressive personality would generate great ratings? I'm shocked.

01-12-12, 06:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I think they've been wanting Emily for a while now... they had to go with Ashley last time as the alternate because Emily was still with Brad. I mentioned at the time that it seemed peculiar that Emily would be sitting down with Chris Harrison to talk about the breakup. It seemed like it was a way to bring closure and clear a PR hurdle for her to be the next bahelorette. I think Emily, out of all the previous shows, would bring in the most male viewers... and seems to be generally well liked by female viewers.

The current crop probably has a lot of stars for the Bachelor Pad, not the Bachelorette. I don't really find Kacie B that attractive.... Casey S. seems cute, but I haven't seen her talk that much.

As for not bringing in new people....they really should start doing that. I do like the Emily choice, but other than that, bring in some fresh new people with new storylines so we can get to know them for the first time. It seems like the girls on the Bachelor are all just competing for the right to be the next bachelorette...they know that if they make the top 3, they might be considered.

01-13-12, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Brad must be crushed.

I know some of you didn't like him, but I really liked the guy. He was one of the most sincere. He didn't choose a woman the first time (an action that he got a lot of crap for) because he *is* so real. He wanted to choose the RIGHT person for LIFE.

Anyway, I do like Emily, so I'll be watching her season.

01-14-12, 07:54 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
He was probably one of the more real bachelors... The first season, the women just didn't do it for him...so they definitely upped the ante in casting the second time around with the likes of Emily and some pretty nice girls. I think he went out of his way to prove to people that he was sincere last season...because of the flack he got for the first season. But, having watched him during the season, I do feel like he's emotionally immature. Whenever there was a tough issue and it wasn't just wine and roses, Brad seems to huff and puff and just look really uncomfortable. I think Emily was trying to have a real conversation with him of what real life was like with a kid and Brad took it personally. That's when I felt like he wasn't right for her. He is likeable...but he probably needs to work on those issues... Your girlfriend or wife will want to talk to you seriously about the big issues at some point, once the candles and dinner on the beach are over....and that's the time to listen and not be sensitive about it. You know who would be really good for Emily? Tim Tebow. Wink.

01-17-12, 12:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Ha! Tebow and Emily! Great match!

01-17-12, 11:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
It seems like Emily's pretty well off from the looks of her house...so she just needs a good man to add to her life...not someone just for the sake of having one. He's someone should could bring around her daughter.... He's about to make at least 50-100 million between endorsements and the NFL contract..not to mention lucrative football broadcast jobs awaiting him when he retires. Plus, they'd be a good looking couple.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-15-12, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled and phone camera ready!

01-17-12, 07:47 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I'm guessing that the Mortician will be the bachelorette after Emily's season? Is that what the producers are planting? That seems to be the m.o. Bring some kind of closure or teaser (Emily's public explanation of her breakup--Mortician's re-introudction)--surprise announcemnt later on of the new bachelorette. I really like these two choices...probably my 2 favorites from that season. If only she werent' a mortician, I'd be so attracted to her...

01-17-12, 12:49 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Hey, I think that's it. That's why the brought back Shawntel. She's gonna be the next 'ette. But, what about Ben's F2?

01-17-12, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Well, according to the spoilers (you know whose spoilers so I need not mention him here) Ben did not pull a Womack, so if true, he's got one of his final 2 out of circulation for the time being. And there are so few likeable women on this cast, and given that fact and the fact that Ben seems to prefer the more unlikeable women in the cast, it is entirely possible that there may not be anybody left in the final 3 or 4 that they think can drive ratings. With the next Bachelorette (presumably Emily) ready to begin filming in a couple months if not sooner, if they indeed need somebody to take the place of this season's final rejects, Shawntel could be that person, or they could be setting her up for Bachelor Pad 3.

01-17-12, 11:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I think the producers have some kind of farm system where they have their first choices, second choice, etc... Their first choice from the get go was obviously Emily... she's a media darling with almost every bit news about her gracing covers every week...and those covers sell. I found Shawntel to be the next most attractive woman on that show after Emily (if you can overlook the morbid mortuary stuff)... so the producers might have her in mind as the next bachelorette and seeing how much interest there is in her....or if anyone from this cast has more public interest. So far, most of the contestants on this current season seem more fit for Bachelor Pad... attractive woment that behave badly.... no one sticks out like an Emily type.

01-18-12, 02:51 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Joe, I agree with you that most of this cast seem better suited for Bachelor Pad than the Bachelorette. I think they'll offer Shawntel a Bachelor Pad slot, and there will probably be a few more from this cast who get offers. Hopefully they'll recruit some decent guys for Emily, and hopefully that will result in a classier series than what most of them have been so far.

01-18-12, 04:05 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I can't recall a classy series since the first one. ;0 Back when the show was a little more innocent. Hey, but we keep watching....lol. I think Shawntel the mortician would get eaten alive in the Bachelor Pad... her manner is similar to Emily's. She does seem like a good catch. Sweet natured, fairly nice personality, warm family, pretty. The only thing I don't like about her is her job. I suspect that Courtney, Monica, Blakely and Jenna will all end up as castmates in the Bachelor Pad. Though, I don't really want to see Monica or Blakely on any more shows...one is enough.

01-18-12, 11:34 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Oh jeez, Jenna would be the rock bottom worst choice for Bachelor Pad I could imagine! If you remember Melissa from last BP, Jenna would be a rerun. What a wackjob!

01-19-12, 03:51 AM (EST)
22. "Warning, Warning!!!"
A thread over at Sucks has a post in it suggesting that now that the news has come out that Emily is to be the next 'ette, Bentley wants to be a contestant on her series. If those amoral $hitheads the producers actually bring him back, as soon as he get out of the limo, Emily should unmercifully ream his @$$ out for how he mistreated Ashley, then she should tell that evil ba$tard, "Get back in the limo and get out of town, your season is over and I will not allow you to pollute my series or my hometown with your presence in them any longer."

01-19-12, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Or in other words, not only is he now guaranteed to appear, but he's F5.

01-19-12, 08:18 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I don't think Emily is going to be harsh on Bentley. Not her style.

Let's place bets on whether there's going to be another Brad Womack sighting...where he pulls a Shawntel to win her back. As for Bentley, she'll just quietly dismiss him... I do think they'll pick better bachelors for Emily than they did for Ashley (drunk guy, creepy Bentley, guy accused of murdering his wife, mask guy, William the unfunny roaster) as the producers seem to have a lot of affection for Emily and give her special treatment (Chantal had to jump in a shark tank...Emily just had a romantic date).

01-19-12, 11:57 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
No way Bentley makes F5. If they let that SOB even come on the show, Emily has way too much class and intelligence to associate with such scum.

01-19-12, 08:24 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Any word on if they're going to film the entire thing in her hometown? Even when it was set in LA...they would globetrot around the world to places like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Paris, Vegas... where would they house them in her home town?

As for Jenna... well, maybe she's just misunderstood? She's really pretty though. The fact that she's a trainwreck is precisely why she will be cast in the next Bachelor Pad. She might try to do a Michelle Money makeover and just tone down her act.

01-19-12, 12:03 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
The globetrotting won't be as extreme. It's just not her style. But since she's well off herself and her daughter's rich grandfather no doubt has ensured their exposure to the finer things, I expect they'll throw some nice trips in there.

01-19-12, 01:10 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I liked Jenna. What I saw was Monica doing the instigating and Jenna being the victim. The thing is, though, Jenna has some Love Blog. She blogs about romantic relationships. I think she's kinda think skinned to blog about it and then break down and sob like that.

01-20-12, 06:25 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I agree. When she said that she was a blogger...I was like oh oh...she's going to over analytical about everything. I too thought she was just thin skinned and cares too much about what other people think about her... she's obviously not good at handling conflict probably not experienced with such meanness coming from Monica. I felt sympathetic towards her. It's a shame. She was one of the prettiest girls on the show, but every time Ben saw her, it was some kind of awkward moment.

As for Emily, how did she get so wealthy being a single mom? Are her parents wealthy....or is the money from her deceased husband/boyfriend's family? Or does she has some extremely high paying job we don't know about.... When they showed hometowns...and her very nice house and her daughter having that pretty expensive dollhouse and nicely furnished bedroom... it made me see her differently. Just like Chantal's family turned out to be really wealthy.

01-20-12, 11:51 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Joe, Emily's fiance who got killed in a plane wreck was Ricky Hendrick, son of Rick Hendrick, who is the top NASCAR team owner and is a MAJOR car dealership owner in the Southeast. He's probably worth billions, and had Ricky lived he would have been worth billions. A guy like Rick is NEVER gonna let his granddaughter, or her mother, be anything other than filthy dirty rich. And since his dealership organization is a huge advertiser in its region, I'm sure ABC and/or its local stations don't want to pi$$ him off, so ABC will treat her well and cater to her whenever practical.

01-20-12, 09:20 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Wow. No wonder she doesn't appear as desperate as the other contestants. That's a tough act to follow. Leading up to the hometown, I had felt sorry for Emily, thinking that she was struggling to make ends meet....then I saw her home and kids playroom and thought "wait a second.... she looks like she's quite well off just like Chantal O's parents). I think the producers will be nice to Emily anyway...they're like in love with her. She comes off as very sweet and not sure what the word is for it...but gives off a certain quality that makes men want to take care of her. They already seem to cater to her, even on the dates when she was on the show... and she seems to be a media darling, with every one of her covers selling really well. She's on the covers of those rags almost as much as Kim Kardashian.

It would be interesting to see these contestants in their natural environments....I always like those better. I imagine Emily should just ingratiate herself with Ricky's parents... what's their relationship like? It sounds like such a sad story... Emily could have had quite the life if that accident hadn't happened.

01-27-12, 03:43 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
When's this Emily Bachelorette show premiering? And when is the next edition of the Bachelor Pad premiering? I wonder who would be on that cast?

01-28-12, 02:17 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Emily's Bachelorette season should premiere after the spring Dancing With the Stars season ends, and BP3 should start showing as soon as Emily's season is done.

01-28-12, 03:19 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Thanks. I think I'm burned out on Dancing with the stars... just want my spoonful of frivolous bad for you junk tv bachelor. Anyone miss shows like For Love or Money and Joe Millionaire 2? Those were the best...when they actually embraced their campiness.

01-28-12, 10:17 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I think DWTS embraces its campiness all right. Just look at the bunch of Z-list nobodies they always put some of on every season. Now the Bach/'ette, thet still take themselves too seriously IMO, even though the new people every season are almost all nobodies as well. I think BP, though, doesn't take itself as seriously as the main shows do, as there's no guarantee of a proposal there. But it's pretty bad as well.

01-28-12, 07:09 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Bachelor Pad's a weak sauce version of Bachelor because the rules and the win are not as clear.... is it a love show....a survivor show? It's just an excuse to get past bachelor contestants in the same room. I hated the couple vs. singles thing....If I wanted to watch Surviovr, I'll just watch Survivor who does it way better... it took the most interesting element out of these romance shows (the dating..the jealousy, etc.)

01-28-12, 03:08 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I loved Joe Millionaire and Average Joe. I guess they can't do those again. I think they could do another Gilligan's Island. I thought that was funny as heck, too. I wish they'd do that or something else fun.

01-28-12, 07:06 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I don't know if you had a chance to watch Joe Millionaire 2...which I thought was way better than the first one... the bachelor seemed like a nice guy and very unworldly among very worldly European women. He looked like a kid lost in a candy store and truly in love with one of the girls there...here's a guy with almost nothing suddenly put in a room with all the wealth in the world and a bunch of dream girls... kind of refreshing to see a guy that's kind of innocent who isn't jaded... and it was humorous how even though he was supposed to have 80 million he still had the habits of a poor guy not knowing anything about the world. Those shows (Joe MIllionaire 2, For Love or Money and even Average Joe) were great because they dealt with social dynamics and the audience was let in on a secret and we got to watch the contestants catch up to the secret.... Right now, they don't really have shows like that... they try with shows like Love in the wild...but they don't focus on the social aspect that was what was engaging about those original shows back in the heydey.

01-28-12, 09:54 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Love in the Wild? Never heard of it. Gotta look up that one.

I liked the first Joe Mill better, but I did like the second guy. No, he was not worldly. I remember the butler Paul (loved that guy, too!) was preparing him (was name David?) for the show by quizzing him. Paul asked him, "You inherited this money from your uncle, so is your uncle alive or dead?" David said, "My uncle's alive." The butler had to explain that, if he *inherited* this money, his *fictitious* uncle must be deceased.

I wonder if he's still with his choice, the girl from Czech Republic. I'm gonna guess no.

01-28-12, 11:47 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
It was funny when Paul was teaching him about the different cultures and quizzed him about Holland...and David goes "That's the place with the wooden shoes," lol...

No. The second Linda found out he was a fake she left. The producers had to coax her to come back for that fake "happy ending." He was really into her, but she wasn't after she found out. Though Cat (the runner up) did come and visit him in America...so I guess he made the wrong choice. David also might not have been as poor as they let on. He made 19,000 a year, but supposedly his parents were very well off... I miss shows with fun themes like that...don't seem them around anymore. Here's my ranking:

1. Joe Millionaire 2
2. For Love or Money
3. Beauty and the Geek
4. Bachelor
5. Average Joe

Couldn't ever get into Temptation Island...it was just too sleezy...yes, even more so than the average reality show.

02-01-12, 09:28 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
For those who read spoilers or insider news....is Bentley coming back in Emily's season? He did have a big crush on her.

02-01-12, 11:51 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
They're still advertising for bachelors for her season on the Bach shows, so I don't think they've finalized the list yet.

02-01-12, 04:32 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I was thinking they'd pull a Shwantel and have him just show up.... or like the arranged Chris Harrison bit where he just showed up half way around the world in Hong Kong just to fake-closure Ashley whom he says he doesn't care about.

02-02-12, 04:02 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I think it would pi$$ off not only Emily but also millions of viewers and her daughter's very rich grandfather if they pull a mid-season show-up stunt involving Bentley like they did with Shawntel, so if he's to be involved it'll be right off the get-go.

02-02-12, 04:49 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
The way they crowbarred Bentley to visit Ashley and cast him despite all they know...and that whole Shawntel thing....makes me wonder. Though, they do seem to give Emily Maynard special treatment...I don't know. It will be interesting to see her version. Probably the first time I'm interested in the Bachelorette. I normally skip that show.

02-02-12, 04:39 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Well, when you have a guy in your corner who's worth who knows how many billions like she has in Rick Hendrick, people tend not to eff with you. That guy is the best ace in the hole she could have, and ABC (and most possible bachelors who might be on her show) knows he's there, so they tread VERY lightly around Emily. She could probably easily get any guy she wants with that dude's money and stroke behind her, yet she's on the Bachelorette. ABC's lucky as hell to have her and they know it.

02-02-12, 05:22 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
"She could probably easily get any guy she wants with that dude's money and stroke behind her, yet she's on the Bachelorette."

Well, what the heck is she doing on 'ette? Geez, she can't find a guy with all her father-in-law's money? Btw, is she gonna only have contestants from NC so she doesn't have to relocate away from money bags father-in-law? I'm sure that's what he'd want.

02-03-12, 02:21 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
I don't think where they're from will necessarily be any kind of bar to guys' presence or success on her show, but what profession they're in and how established they are in their home areas might matter. Brad having so many ties to Texas no doubt was part of what sank his engagement to Emily, and I think if her choice doesn't actually do the moving himself, he'll have to be prepared to spend a lot of time in NC.

02-03-12, 04:23 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Well, I really think it's just that quality that Emily has about her. When she bats her big sweet eyes and smiles sweetly...you kind of melt and want to take care of her. And, I think that's probably what the producers feel about her... they just want to dote on her and take care of her. It kind of reminds me of this home coming queen I knew who pretty much had everyone wrapped around her finger because she was so darn sweet and charming. She got special treatment on the dates (hers were pretty easy compared to Chantal who had to go in a shark tank) and they're even relocating for her.

I think Emily is doing it because let's face it, it's pretty heady stuff. Even a girl like her needs adventure. Exotic adventures, dates only a multi-millionaire can plan (trust me, some of those dates are in spots in LA that I recognize as pretty darn expensive), social attention.... it's like social crack to a young girl.

Brad's a likeable guy....but he does seem to be emotionally immature and can't handle serious issues without being agitated. Emily needs a grown man. And, since she was already engaged to a larger than life race car driver son of a multi-millionaire...that's pretty tall shoes to fill.

Btw, I forgot to add a reply in the other thread about Ben (feel lazy)... but man the rude way he handled Ashley when she rejected him..... I just didn't like him then...well, actually at the start of the season I kept telling my sis that man that guy is so f'ing boring....can we fast forward through his dates...snoozers. It's weird how they rarely find a guy on this show who's witty and funny. All they do is mutter the same unimaginative lines.

02-03-12, 11:43 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Yeah, you're pretty much right about Ben, and on the next 'ette they're gonna turn a 180 in quality from Ben to Emily. In Emily they have somebody who's seriously pretty, sweet as a shipload of sugar, smart AND filthy dirty rich. She not only has the bucks and the stroke, she has the personality to handle them too. I have a bit of a feeling thing might actually go so smoothly on her show as a result of everybody catering to her that things might get a little boring, but that can't be a bad thing after the last year or 2 of bull$hit on these shows.

02-03-12, 10:30 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Until you mentioned that she was rich, I didn't really realize that... I mean I did see it once they showed her house and I was like whoa...she's not the poor single mother that we all think. There's a quality about her that makes you want to take care of her and protect her.

I don't think her season will be boring.... She encapsulates what the Bachelor/Bachelorette should be about.... that desriable bachelor or bachelorette and that pursuit of romance and feeling of butterflies... Almost no guys will watch the Bachelorette unless they find her very attractive. The manufactured fights and drama seem like a cheap way out.... Finding a person that embodies that is much more organic. They probably should have done that for the Bachelor...but they went the easy way out and just recycled one of the rejects in Ben.

02-04-12, 03:03 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
They have said their stars will always be recycled in the future, so we probably haven't seen our last of chumps like Ben. I think they thought they owed him one after the Ashley rejection, and I thought that too, until this season showed how much of a ba$tard he really is. All he's really owed now is a nasty public breakup like Jake and Vienna had, and if he picks Courtney I think some kind of a breakup is pretty much of a lead pipe cinch.

02-04-12, 06:26 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Warning, Warning!!!"
Honestly Round Robin, I don't think Ben will suffer from the Jake/Vienna type torture....he'll just get some hot meaningless sex out of it and they'll both move on. Vienna is a completely different story...she has a pretty vindictive streak where she sets out to ruin a guy...pretty scary. Courtney is out for herself, but I don't think she'll care enough to try to wreck him the way Vienna does... if you wanted justice, then you'd sic Vienna on Ben. Now, that's torture. Unfortunately, the true of heart do not always win out and vice versa... Ben will have his fun...and Courtney has already received the publicity she wants... they'll all end up on the reality tv machine tour.

Btw, how do we elongate the messages...it's getting pretty tiny now...

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-12, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
The great/terrible thing about the replies being nested is that it is very easy to see who is replying to whom, but in a popular thread like this, the reply width gets shortened. If you reply to the original post, that reply will be and the whole merry cycle can start again.
And keeping this on topic (so I don't get my lovely fingers smacked), I am fascinated to see how this is going to play out. I think E is going to have a better quality of bachelor because even the dimwits producing this thing have to realize the public backlash that will occur (especially when there is a child going to impacted). On the other hand, Chris said Emily needs someone else like Brad Womack (childlike? bad tempered?), so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

02-04-12, 02:12 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Well, Chris is a complete d!ck and doesn't really know WHAT a woman needs. Brad Womack has gotten too used to doing things his way and has too many ties to Texas that he's never going to break, so a match with a woman like Emily who's from another part of the country and who's filthy dirty rich with a rich, powerful would-have-been father-in-law was never going to work and they both should have known it. After having gone through a similar process once already, Emily knows a hell of a lot better than Chris does what a good fit for her really is, so Chris should just STFU and host the shows and make his money and let Emily do her own thinking.

02-04-12, 10:52 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Thanks Qwertpie. It was getting into the one letter per column territory....as much as I am curious how that would look, it would have been torture trying to read the print.

I agree that Emily will have a better batch of bachelors. Partly because they seem to love Emily and cater towards her and also because they have a reality star on their hands (Emily covers seem to dominate the magazines....selling like hotcakes with every little detail). Certainly, Emily will have it better off than Ashley who had (sociopath Bentley, Hurtful roastmaster Will, inappropriate drunk guy, Guy accused of drowning his wife under suspicious circumstances and the masked guy)...you know it's bad when the masked guy seems nice amongst the others... For the female viewers hoping to see better catches...they'll probably see it that season... with guys that are hotter and have more going for them. For one, they'll probably try to create a romance fairytale thing...and two, Emily has already dated very eligible guys on her own (according to mag rumors) so it will be harder to set her up....even though she plays the sweet undemanding role on tv.

I do like Brad...and I do feel like he redeemed himself in my eye the second time around. I felt like he was going out of his way to redeem himself and fix his emotional issues. Takes a man to admit he's wrong. I also felt like he was genuinely trying to find the right girl and looked at their values...how else do you explain his final four...all very sweet girls... he even threw out some good looking girls in the beginning who were better looking but probably not relationship material. But, Brad's just not emotionally mature. You could already see it in the shows...every time there was a heavy topic and the girl was trying to talk to him seriously....he would get very defensive or take it the wrong way. For instance, Emily just asked him a simple question, like how will he deal with things when the cameras are gone and it's just those two with her daughter...will he be able to handle it? He took it as a challenge to their relationship.... As well off as Emily is, everyone still wants to find love... and she still wants that guy that's a man yet has a lot going for him and makes her feel great.... which is why the Bachelor is compelling to people...almost every person at some point has faced the same thing, no matter how well off or whatever circumstances they are in..

02-11-12, 08:44 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
>Well, Chris is a complete d!ck
>and doesn't really know WHAT
>a woman needs. Brad Womack
>has gotten too used to
>doing things his way and
>has too many ties to
>Texas that he's never going
>to break, so a match
>with a woman like Emily
>who's from another part of
>the country and who's filthy
>dirty rich with a rich,
>powerful would-have-been father-in-law was never
>going to work and they
>both should have known it.
>After having gone through a
>similar process once already, Emily
>knows a hell of a
>lot better than Chris does
>what a good fit for
>her really is, so Chris
>should just STFU and host
>the shows and make his
>money and let Emily do
>her own thinking.

Being a catch and also having that type of a rich backing from her pseudo father in law... do you think she would go for a guy that's not totally rich and has almost everything going for him?... She was already rumored to be dating multi-millionaires and celebrities... Can't imagine what they'd have to pick for her....the producers would really have to up their game to find her a match. No more masked guys, ratty haired winemakers or suspected murderers.... there will probably be more jfk jr types in her season than Ashleys or Deenas...

02-12-12, 03:54 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Yeah, I doubt any Bentley or William types will even make the cut in Emily's season. Chris even intimated that it would probably take a lot of fancy talking and apologizing for his past sins for Bentley to even get on the cast, let alone pass muster with Emily. I don't think anybody who even has any pseudo-skeletons in their closets will even make this cast, and I doubt anybody who acts like his $hit doesn't stink will last wih Emily. Both the men themselves and the producers and even Chris will be walking tightropes on this season for sure.

02-12-12, 08:08 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Man, they really put Ashley through the ringer last year. Poor girl. Those were supposed to be the best of eligible bachelors... It hardly looked like they did any screening. She was better off with Match.com. From 1-7 or 10....who were the worst... We had:

drunk guy
Masked guy
Guy suspected of drowning his wife
Bentley who thinks she's ugly to him but will travel all the way to HK just to toy with her.
Will the Unfunny Roaster and genuinely immature all around
the guy that threw Will under the bus to Ashley just to stick around
Shaggy haired Ben that was pretty ungracious with the rejection

I can already see the storylines they have planned... This will be the most romantic Bachelortte season ever. Since it's Emily, they will try to create the ultimate fairytale...and try to manufacture a Prince... They'll ship in hunks from all over.... and they will get the guys to fight over her...which I think they will. There will be the sensitive misunderstood badboy. There will be the golden boy... and the millionaire ivy-league guy... and some adonis guy that takes off his shrit alot.... I think the female viewers will feast on alot of ab candy as I'm pretty sure most of them will have a six pack...except for that one "funny" guy with a cute personality...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-12, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
I think you are giving Fleiss too much credit. Even Emily will have her odd balls and rejects. They need it for the drama and to give her some easy early boots.

02-12-12, 12:33 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Trust me, Emily won't have any trouble picking guys to send home the 1st night. If she gets a variety of guys like normal her job will be easy. But no real a$$holes will make the show this time. Not with a billionaire as the daughter's grandfather.

02-12-12, 10:27 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
>I think you are giving Fleiss
>too much credit. Even
>Emily will have her odd
>balls and rejects. They
>need it for the drama
>and to give her some
>easy early boots.

Yeah, she'll probably get a few nerds and goofy guys for laughs....but the producers will probably take it easy on her. No one has taken more abuse than Ashley... I've never seen a crop of guys that they gave her... Meredith, Ali, Trista ....they all seem to have gotten mostly decent bachelors with a few dorks and slimeballs...but Ashley's season stood out to me. I get the feeling they'll step up the game for Emily and try to make it look romantic.... The producers ntoiceably stepped up their casting for Brad the second time around... we know he's picky.

03-02-12, 07:19 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Finally saw the blatant Titanic/Bachelorette cross promotion ad with Emily Maynard, Ashley Hebert and that other girl... almost as blatant as when Michelle Money and some dude got one on one time watching "What's your number?" Is it just me or does Emily look a little different? Not sure which style I like better.

I hope they let the cameras into her wealthy world. I want to get a look inside the house of Mr. Moneybags, her father in law and that lavish lifestyle. A nice income in LA will get you a nice pad...but I can only imagine what that will get you in North Carolina...must be 50 rooms.

Also, for some reason, I felt I like the girls from Brad's season alot better than this current season... it was almost like watching old friends come back. Perhaps they were just nicer.... I can only remember one or two bad apples in that season, but this season you pretty much have to wear wooden board on your back to keep from the knives.

03-02-12, 12:12 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
All I know is, Emily is prettier and sweeter than Ashley and Ali (they were the last 2 'ettes, that's why they were in that ad and piece on Monday's show), and she makes me wish I could have her and be as sweet to her as somebody could possibly be. If she makes a fat old man like me feel like that, what will she do to millions of younger guys viewing and 25 hormone laden guys competing on the show?

03-03-12, 03:58 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
Normally, I'm not that into the girls on the show...but I do admit that when I saw Emily on the show my though bubble said", well I could give you a comfortable life and take care of you like a princess you are." Maybe it's just a quality she has, like you said, cute and sweet. But then I saw her house and went, well it looks like she's doing alright. I do like Ashley... I think she's a bubbly nice person...but in a little sister way where you pat her on her little head. As far as the Titanic Cross trainer ad, I have a special fascination with movies so I like those types of outings. It's fun watching screenings at movie studios...makes you feel like a baller.

And Round Robin, you could also say that you're a distinguished robust gentlemen seasoned like fine wine by experience....it's all about packaging.

03-03-12, 04:47 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette!"
ROTFLMAO!!! Robust, maybe, but distinguished I definitely ain't!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "Reality Steve"
Reality Steve has it down to Emily's final 4.

04-20-12, 02:55 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Reality Steve"
And in the most amazing twist ever seen in series history, none of them are white?

Just in time to fend off lawsuits!

04-22-12, 07:13 AM (EST)
69. "RE: Reality Steve"
I bet the producers pulled out all the stops to cast Emily's men...

Was I imagining it, or did ABC put a promo suggesting that Bentley might stop by?....

04-22-12, 10:46 AM (EST)
70. "RE: Reality Steve"
What, and give up on the Mandatory Sociopath Quota? Impossible. In this case, I'm not giving up anything particularly spoilerish to say one of the men cast is apparently the ex of a producer. That's not pulling out all the stops, that's not even flipping up the keyboard cover.

Bentley might stop by?

Oh, that Mandatory Sociopath Quota. Is there anything it can't do?

04-25-12, 03:46 AM (EST)
71. "Promos have started"
ABC has started running promos for Emily's season. They've been running for a week or so now. They've started up with the BS hype already.

04-25-12, 05:55 AM (EST)
72. "RE: Promos have started"
Did they mention Bentley in the promos? How does the show look? Will it be romantic...or have some exciting locales? I love seeing the cool places they go to....

Btw, what does ROTFLMAO stand for? I don't know that particular one.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-12, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Promos have started"
Roll on the floor laughing my ass off.

A Slice of Manga

04-25-12, 05:45 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Promos have started"
Oh thanks. Didn't know that one. Btw, I wrote a reply to your Joe Millionaire post... didn't think people still remember that show. The 2nd one set in Europe was my favorite.

04-26-12, 04:45 AM (EST)
75. "RE: Promos have started"
There was one mention of Bentley in the promos when a helicopter flew in and somebody could be heard saying "Is that Bentley?"

04-27-12, 03:11 AM (EST)
76. "RE: Promos have started"
You know, Round Robin, as much as it would be a low point for the producers to introduce Bentley to Emily... I'm kind of intrigued by it. Am I bad?

But, I'm excited about seeing Emily on the bachelorette...probably one of the only bachelorette shows I'll watch. The only other one was the Ashley season. I've skipped every other season as probably many guys do. It will be interesting to see if they bring out the cream of the crop guys for Emily and planned the most romantic getaways. Sometimes I watch and get ideas for future vacations off this show.

04-28-12, 05:12 AM (EST)
77. "RE: Promos have started"
Joe, with Bentley having been one of the ones from Ashley's season who wanted Emily instead, they almost have to keep the Bentley thing alive till all the guys are introduced. I think all the guys and Emily herself wonder if he will be there. If that helicopter is his, though, I wonder if his using such a flamboyant entrance stunt does his chances any favors, and I also wonder if he's not just another competitor but is getting paid to provide drama to drive ratings.

04-28-12, 06:11 AM (EST)
78. "RE: Promos have started"
I hate to say it but it would make great drama...and if I were the producer I'd tell my underlings to make it happen or it's their azz. I think Bentley is one of those perverse drama queens that seems to get off on getting negative attention.. Where a normal person would be embarrassed to come off as such a tool, he seems to really enjoy that kind of attention. His whole thing with showing the audience how smart he was by tricking Ashley was just bizarre.

I don't know where I'm going to find the time to watch this thing...but, it's definitely something I want to watch. I still haven't seen half the Courtney bachelor episodes.

05-02-12, 05:14 AM (EST)
79. "Emily's bachelors have been announced"
There is a piece about it on the news section of this here website. Their pictures are available on the Bachelorette thread's most recent page on Sucks in its Other Shows That Suck section.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •