The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-06-12, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Can you believe we're already on episode 6 with this loser bachelor? God, this idiot sucks! Whatever he's getting paid to headline this season, it's that much too much. He's for the birds!

I'm not going to see this farce live tonight, perhaps mercifully. Feel free to spill the beans on what happens tonight, just keep it here till the West Coasters see the show live, if they're masochistic enough to watch it that is!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Estee 02-06-12 1
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-06-12 2
 The oldest trick in the Bachelor bo... Max Headroom 02-06-12 3
   RE: The oldest trick in the Bachelo... Estee 02-07-12 4
   RE: The oldest trick in the Bachelo... Loree 02-07-12 7
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-07-12 5
 The winnowing continues. Max Headroom 02-07-12 6
   RE: The winnowing continues. adwaller12 02-12-12 34
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Loree 02-07-12 8
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 samboohoo 02-07-12 9
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-07-12 10
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 mrc 02-07-12 12
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Max Headroom 02-07-12 11
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-07-12 13
           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-08-12 14
               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-08-12 15
                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-09-12 16
                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Loree 02-09-12 17
                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-09-12 18
                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-10-12 19
                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-10-12 20
                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-10-12 21
                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-10-12 23
                                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Max Headroom 02-10-12 24
                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-10-12 22
                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-10-12 25
                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-11-12 26
                                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-11-12 27
                                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-11-12 28
                                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-11-12 29
                                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-12-12 30
                                                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-12-12 31
                                                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-12-12 32
                                                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-12-12 33
                                                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-12-12 35
                                                                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-13-12 36
                                                                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-13-12 37
                                                                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-13-12 38
                                                                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Ants 02-13-12 39
                                                                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-13-12 40
                                                                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 JoeGazillionaire 02-14-12 41
                                                                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6 Round Robin 02-14-12 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-12, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-12 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Imagine a class-action suit against Benchelor brought by viewers who demanded money for their suffering. Better yet, imagine dragging the show's staff into it. All of them. Sure, in the end, we'd get about two bucks each, but when you multiply it out...

As per usual, I'm going with a House/Being Human combo, which gives me the same allotment of mental illness and monsters I'd find on this series, only with better actors and less scripting. Hope y'all survive the night.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-06-12, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-12 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Fist of all, I really want some fish right now. Loved island scene and roughing it. Kacie B. is still one of my favs. Ben hasn't really offended me yet, but the night's still young. Oh, wait, he was "really" happy about Courtney going topless on the one on seven date.

When he picked up the rose during Kacie B's date, I thought is he gonna give it to her?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-12, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The oldest trick in the Bachelor book."
"She has a boyfriend back home."

Gee, like that's never happened before on this show.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-12, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The oldest trick in the Bachelor book."
Y'see, contrary to popular belief, the show has a screening process: it just works on time release...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-12, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The oldest trick in the Bachelor book."
Ben is so blec and Casey should feel lucky to be gone. But did they have to kick her out without her shoes? She was pretty much shoved barefoot into the van and taken away.

02-07-12, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I'm both ecstatic and relieved that Jamie is GONE!

She was way to pretty and way to nice for Ben. I'm only sorry she had to publicly hump him before she was dismissed.

02-07-12, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The winnowing continues."
It's been obvious for a while that Ben has his favorites: Courtney, Kacie B., and Lindzi. The rest are window dressing, waiting their turns to be sent home, and Ben got a bonus boot with the Casey S. situation. The only suspense for next week is whether Rachel, Emily, or Nicki goes home first, and my money's on Rachel after she narrowly survived that two-on-one date with Blakeley.

As for Courtney? Her ugliness was on full display (again) after she blew off Emily's apology. I don't think Courtney has a gracious bone in her body. What a witch.

adwaller12 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-12-12, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adwaller12 Click to send private message to adwaller12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The winnowing continues."
You hit it right on the head. This season in no way has the audience guessing. I mean, by the amount of camera time they are giving the ladies other than the three front runners, its obvious who Ben really cares for. The producers are really losing the suspense this time around.

02-07-12, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Ben has a short memory. He reacted in shock that Blakely left angry and didn't want to talk. I was having deja vu that it was just like Ben reacted when Ali turned him down. He got all nasty and left and didn't want to talk. But no, after pouring out her heart in her scrapbook Blakely should want to chat with him.

I have heard that Courtney's mother is saying that she thinks Ben looks like a donkey and is not hot/attractive enough for her daughter. That could make the hometown date fun to watch (if Courtney gets one).

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-12, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I've watched up through the group date. I must admit that, as much as I don't like Courtney, I actually agreed with her in one area - "When in Panama. . ." I thought that was kind of funny.

I also found it just as funny watching her wait up for Ben to show and him not.

Poor Jamie. Why was she still even there? Had they even had a conversation before last night?

Ben is more of a man-ho than Bob was.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

02-07-12, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Hay-zoose H. Key-riced, between what I've read here and what I've read elsewhere, I doubt I'll even watch the ep when they get it up on On Demand here. Sounds like pretty much of a disaster.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-12, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Is that like may-che-tay? As in, "let's use this mat-che-tay to cut down coconuts?

A Slice of Manga

02-07-12, 02:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Ben is more of a man-ho than Bob was.

I think his middle name is "Booty Call".

02-07-12, 03:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I never realized how much of a d1ck Ben was till he got his own gig this season. Now I'm surprised he lasted as long on Ashley's show as he did, and I can only attribute that to the generally low quality of the men on Ashley's season. He should know not to be unnecessarily heartless after how Ashley rejected him, but here he is treating some of this season's women in the most heartless and/or offensive ways possible. All he cares about is keeping Little Ben happy, and I think he deserves Courtney and vice versa.

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-08-12, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Ashley had the worst taste in men, lol.

I remember that coming out of the limo....Ben's eyes popped out of his head when he saw Jaime and said something like "loving the brunettes.." I'm kind of annoyed that Casey S. was ejected...now there's really no one to drool over on the show. The show's kind of hypocritical about where they draw the line morally.... if they're screening....it shouldn't even make it to the show...but they wait to ambush the girls during the show. I really can't stand Chris Harrison. First, why doesn't the host shop go to a woman. Chris always seems out of place... he's no Jeff Probst.

02-08-12, 05:41 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Not sure I'd want that ba$tard Probst hosting this show. Chris is such a f---ing d1ck. If he didn't think Casey had nefarious motives he never should have gotten Ben involved. What he was doing taking her old boyfriend's word for anything is beyond me, and the other 2 people he talked to could have been friends of her old BF who were lying to spike Casey's guns. Unless he had 100% proof she was lying and/or had ill intentions, it was none of his godd@mn business to step in and it never should have been shown. Bottom line is that Chris overreacted because of all the well deserved $hit he took over Bentley and Ashley, and he compared apples to oranges, stuck his nose in where it didn't belong, and screwed Casey over. Sorry, Chris, you stupid idiot, you blew it again.

02-09-12, 05:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I have said in another thread that I thought Ben and Courtney are using each other and don't know which is the bigger tool. The thought occurred to me today that maybe, just maybe, they knew each other before this season ever started, that he knows she's not a good match for him and she knows he's not a good match for her, and that they are using each other by mutual agreement till this is all over for whatever they both can get out of it, be that other gigs, better matches or whatever. I wouldn't put it past those two.

02-09-12, 08:29 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Then both Ben and Courtney calculated wrong. Did they really want to come off as disgusting to the viewers as they are? I could understand if they knew each other before and wanted to pretend they have this great love story for the public attention. But they are both getting a bad edit.

02-09-12, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Ben just wants to sleep with Courtney. He doesn't seem to be a big romance guy.... all his dealings with the women just seem to be where he can get as much as he can whether it's a makeout or some nudity. For a guy that was publicly humiliated, he also doesn't seem to be particularly sensitive to the women. I would totally feel bad for hurting the girls' feelings like that...but he doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

I think Courtney just thrives on the attention and drama of it... if she were planted in a different situation and there was a most eligible bachelor there (athlete, celebrity, whatever), she'd want to "win" just to validate her prowess... so even if we took the career stuff out of the equation, she would still behave that way because it just seems to be in her emotional makeup... in order for her to feel good she has to be the one that wins. You can pretty much plant any guy into that room and as long the producers and the girls validate him as the prize, she'd go for him with a vengence. Put Ben in a supermarket, she would blow him off.

02-10-12, 03:29 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Oh, they're both getting uncomplementary edits all right. It almost seems as if the producers and/or editors hate them for their poor behavior just as much as we do. That plus their love of making "good TV" could easily add up to the edits they're getting.

They both seem utterly insensitive to the feelings of the other women. That's not that shocking in Courtney, but it is a little bit in a guy like Ben who's been humiliated and embarrassed himself in this format. They seem to be pretty blatantly using each other, which would be fine if it was just them involved, but it ain't. They both need to remember that the asses they kick on the way to the top are attached to women who might gladly kick theirs on the Women Tell All show or on other occasions, and they might both find the backlash rather unpleasant.

02-10-12, 04:40 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Sometimes the contestants on the women tell all do seem to suffer from Stockholm syndrome and actually praise or look at the bachelor with goo goo eyes, no matter how badly the bachelor treated them. Ben seems like he'll get out of it he what he wants---sleeping with Courtney.... the guy doesn't seem too deep... and Courtney, well, she just enjoys the attention and drama. It's just televised social drama. The funny thing is it goes on every weekend at various nightclubs and among different social circles... this one just happens to be televised.

02-10-12, 11:39 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
But as disgusting as they both are, I'll lay you money that both Ben and Courtney make some pretty decent bucks for other gigs ater this season is over that they might not have made without it. Sure, the poor level of their behavior will probably cost them a few gigs, but showbiz is such an amoral, money and ratings driven racket in general that they'll probably be money ahead for having done the Bach, even with the bad impressions they're making on a lot of people.

02-10-12, 01:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
How long does that last, though? There was that Bob Guinea guy. I think he had maybe a couple gigs. He was the only one, right? Were there others? I mean, has any former B or 'ette or contestant become a lasting, money-making celebrity?

02-10-12, 04:03 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I don't know about Bachelor(ette) contestants, but Elisabeth (Filarski) Hasselbeck did pretty well for herself after appearing on Survivor.

02-10-12, 01:35 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Oh, I'd forgotten about the Women Tell All. Can't wait for that!

02-10-12, 08:08 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Bob Guinea landed a soap opera girl as his fiancee and had a lot of high paying gigs... Yeah, Elisabeth Hasselbeck hit the jackpot..and makes millions... that other girl in Survivor got a starring role opposite Rob Schneider in a major motion picture. Jesse the football player has a national tv network job and also seems to get audition guest host chances with Live with Kelly. And that doctor Bachelor has his own show called the Doctors. These reality celebs get opportunities, but once they have it handed to them on a silver platter they don't really have any talent to back it up. Jake "Will you let me finish!" Pavelka had all the opportunities in the world, but that crashed and burned the night he did the karate chop in the air. I still think Ben's success is rather dubious. His partner seems to be the one with the family money....and I don't know what major winery business can afford to have a main member be gone for months at at time to film two different bachelor shows. It must be in title only....

02-11-12, 08:02 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Any of these people who are worth a hill of beans on the shows get offers, some get more offers than others and some offers are better than others, but they all get offers if they're any good on the shows. A few like Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Jesse Palmer really hit the jackpot, but most make lesser amounts of money than they have. I think Ben and Courtney will make the most of their opportunities, but once they both get older and lose their looks I don't see either of them having lasting showbiz careers, and I think they think that too, so they're both going to maximize their opportunities while they can, and that may explain some of their behavior, especially Courtney's cutthroat style.

As for Ben's winery, I've been under the impression, from what he's said and other stuff I've read, that it's a family business and is just now building up and growing, and regardless who if anybody he winds up marryng in the end the family wants him to come home and work in and help run the business. I think him appearing on the Bachelor shows is for more than just him finding a woman, I think it's to get publicity for the winery business that they don't have to pay for. There are still Flajniks back home running the winery, it's not being left alone, so in a way I think this is a part of his winery job as well as a reality show. I think the winery is as much a part of why Ben is doing the Bach as the sex is. And make no mistake, it's sex he's after, not necessarily marriage.

02-11-12, 08:29 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Yeah, it's a temporary shortcut to feel what it's like to be a celebrity.... there's a small window of time to hit. Elisabeth was pretty smart, even on Survivor, knowing how to play the social game and really parlayed that into decades of millions...can't imagine how much that would be....she might be in the 20-40 million range when all is said and done...between the show, endorsements and her book. For a short while, these contestants have access to the machine's publicists, parties and fairly easy guest host jobs, not to mention mixing with real life celebrities, agents, producers, musicians etc... so it can be pretty addictive. It's no wonder Jake Pavelka will do anything to cling onto that... it was a fun ride while it lasted. I still see some of these celebustars of seasons past walking around LA trying to get back in. Ben and Courtney's market is probably a little more limited than Elisabeth's. Elisabeth had a wholesome image as the favorite on Survivor. Kind of amazing that being on one show can catapault you to such riches. There was also another girl who was on the Real World something and she was a fairly substantial leading lady...co-star to Joaquin Phoenix, John Heder and some other movies...you'd recognize her, but probably not her name. Ben will get some pub as the bachelor...but he's not the most popular bachelor. Courtney will get something from being the hot chick.... she could do something with that...but it's one of those fickle things. Some hit. Some don't. There are so many pretty women in LA.

Is it Ben's family or his friends family? The reports always seem murky on that. Are the fields and the winery all theirs or is it one of those things where it's shared by many?

02-11-12, 09:38 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I stand corrected on people becoming successful after reality tv.

The winery? I don't know if they've ever been clear on that.

02-11-12, 09:33 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Well, you were pretty much on the money about bachelor contestants. We're on the same page on that one. Most have faded into oblivion, including the kissing bandit. Most didn't really know what to do with their opportunities. Once you're offered the chance to host or act...you still have to be able to deliver. Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Jacinda Barrett (who was offerred leading lady roles for many major motion pictures for a stretch) were the 1% that hit the jackpot. The person that I think could most capitalize from an opportunity would be Emily Maynard....but she has a daughter so that kind of limits her.

02-12-12, 04:12 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
The winery is Ben's family's. His dad died 4 years ago, but he, his mother and sister are still involved. As for Emily, there might be some limits to what she'll do because of having a daughter, but because of having a cut of the Hendrick money behind her, she can do what she wants to do and doesn't have to take anything she can get. So I doubt the kind of small time showbiz opportunities most of the reality TV people have had would appeal to her. She'll do something that interests her.

02-12-12, 08:13 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
I can see her doing well with a View type of talk show... or some hosting gig that just relies on a peppy personality. But, I think the grandfather might want his granddaughter around...so might encourage Emily to stay in that area so he can see her.... hence that explains that gorgeous home with the ridiculously lavish playhouse... Ashley had a pretty darn good personality too...though I haven't seen her in anything since...guess she wants to stick to dentistry.

02-12-12, 12:24 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Ashley can make a pretty decent living as a dentist, so I doubt she does a big batch of things that bore her. She might do a small number of appearances resulting from having done the Bach shows, but I doubt she makes a habit of it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Emily wind up doing something related to NASCAR, since Rick Hendrick is the heavyweight team owner in the Sprint Cup series. I can see her doing some kind of TV work related to NASCAR after she gets the Bach stuff out of her system. I doubt her season will be the last we see of her.

02-12-12, 04:23 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Emily can already do NASCAR related work without going through all the Bach crap. She's Hendrick's daughter-in-law! That's what I don't get. It's not like she needs do to Bach to get exposure. She's practically related to Hendricks. She doesn't need to be 'discovered'.

02-12-12, 10:23 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
The lure of the Bachelor must be powerful though... You get limoed to this huge mansion for the promise of meeting hand-selected eligible bachelors from all over the country, get whisked to exotic locales, the attention of magazines and talk shows, a whole team waiting at your beck and call for the next few months....it's got to be so intoxicating.... It's like the social validation crack of Facebook taken to the thousanth degree. I think whatever that quality Emily has of getting positive reactions and attention from magazines gives her opportuntiies she doesn't even need to be Hendricks daughter in law...though having that is an added bonus. Talk about the rich getting richer. Like that artist who already had 3 mill in the bank...and got 200 million dollars worth facebook shares for a $60,000 job he did. She could probably get a real cushy tv job where she just shows up does the gig for a few hours and goes home...gawd, it's great to be a celebrity. These days it's all about personalities...and marketing yourself.... Kim Kardashian tries desperately to keep her name in magazines and on tv shows because it gets her huge endorsements, tv gigs, appearance fees.

02-13-12, 03:09 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Don't know why it gets her a nickel. The only reason any of the Kardashians is famous in the 1st place is that their old man was one of OJ's lawyers. None of them did a thing to earn it, and none of them ever will, although IMO Rob will come closest. Comparing any Kardashian sister to Emily is the equivalent of comparing a high school benchwarmer to Albert Pujols. There IS no comparison. Emily still had a chance to amount to something fame-wise even if her fiance hadn't gotten killed. Had OJ's wife not gotten killed, you'd NEVER have heard of the Kardashians, and that's the God's honest truth.

02-13-12, 05:30 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
It will probably drive most movie stars crazy to know that Kim Kardashian made somewhere between 40-60 million dollars...and will hit the century mark or more soon.... she has a ton of multi-million dollar endorsements, that tv show, her near million dollar appearance fees.... She got famous from some sex video that was released and somehow parlayed that into a tv show that people watch...and getting on magazine covers fuels her empire of endorsements and party appearance fees. I don't really get her fame....but it's kind of interesting that you can pretty much just party and make internet guru type money by basically doing nothing. Emily does seem to have screen presence or at least the ability to be a media darling...but she hasn't really capitalized on it. She doesn't seem to want it enough.... Kim's constantly doing stuff to plant items in the press about herself. I really have no idea who's watching her show, buying her products or even bought her sex videos.... no one I know.

02-13-12, 11:54 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Certainly not me, Joe. The only time I watch any Kardashians is when one of them appears on Dancing With the Stars!

02-13-12, 12:31 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
"The lure of the Bachelor must be powerful though... You get limoed to this huge mansion for the promise of meeting hand-selected eligible bachelors from all over the country, get whisked to exotic locales, "

Indeed, but Emily already has that with Money Bags Hendricks. That's the part I don't get. If she didn't already have that, I'd have no question about the appeal and draw of all those trappings. She does already have *all* of that, so . . .

Eh, who knows? Maybe she really is having a very hard time finding the 'one'. Emily might actually be in it for the right reason - to find a mate.

02-13-12, 06:05 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
She probably is. Rich, beautiful women like Emily sometimes have hell's own trouble finding a man who both fits in socially with them and isn't intimidated by their beauty and/or their riches and social status. Emily is probably one of the most eligible and desirable single women in the Charlotte area, but most guys probably either don't fit in well in her social circles or are scared $hitless to try to instigate a romance with somebody of her quality.

02-14-12, 07:42 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Even though, Emily is Hendrick's daughter in Law, I don't think she lives a jet set lifestyle... probably the opposite... a grandpa like that, like most guys, would probably prefer her be conservative and kind of keep her under his thumb or at least under his fold. Being a single mom, she must face some monotony... though a very well kept monotony so the Bachelor offers an adventure... the difference is that in her current lifestyle, she might be rich, but the Bachelor show offers her an adventure who's ending, she will not know which is quite intoxicating... the lure of the bright lights is quite exciting. Having lived in LA for a while, I think it's pull is quite great and you won't know until you're sucked in. Plus, I'm sure the show has some real closers that are smooth talkers...

Also, I don't think it's that easy for a beautiful woman to find a great man. You've been out there. Men are dirtbags. I'm sure she has no problem finding a man or a man with means or even a handsome man...or a man that looks good on paper.... but it's still comes down to how a guy makes you feel, how they sweep you off your feet or make you laugh and think about them... and she probably hasn't found that since her first and only true love. It's funny how women of exceptional beauty and of great social status would seem to have all the advantages but actually have had the hardest time finding a great man: Audrey Hepburn, Donna Reed, Vivien Leigh...they've all had a tough road...of cheating men to rogues that were a little too good to be true. Sometimes the guys with the most internal demons and baggage are the guys with the swagger to approach women that most guys are afraid to approach.

As for Emily, I don't think men really care about her money or social status....that's not a huge factor... it's more so her beauty and her demeanor.... she seems to have that sweet demeanor that make men weak and fall over themselves trying to woo and protect her. Probably from the first episode, I thought the show was over and Brad would pick Emily. It's surprising that the girls didn't just give up then...it was too obvious.

02-14-12, 11:53 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 6"
Yeah, it ain't that hard to find a good looking guy who's hamdsome as hell and looks good on paper and is a silver tongued devil, but finding a man you can live with after the passion and/or infatuation wears off is a horse of a different color. A couple has to be a good match to last for the long haul and good matches are a b1tch to find.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •