The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-30-12, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Well, how much more can I possibly hate Courtney? I'll let you know afer I see the episode, which I will see live tonight. As per usual, use this thread like you would use an East Coast thread on the other boards. I'm hoping there will already be some posts here when I hit the boards after the show tonight.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 qwertypie 01-30-12 1
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Max Headroom 01-30-12 2
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 motormouth 01-31-12 7
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 samboohoo 01-31-12 10
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 mrc 01-31-12 13
           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 motormouth 01-31-12 18
               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 mrc 01-31-12 20
                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 motormouth 01-31-12 23
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 01-30-12 3
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 qwertypie 01-31-12 4
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 motormouth 01-31-12 6
           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 01-31-12 8
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 01-31-12 5
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 01-31-12 9
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 samboohoo 01-31-12 11
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 mrc 01-31-12 12
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 01-31-12 14
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 samboohoo 01-31-12 15
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 01-31-12 16
 Courtney and Emily's Behavior CSHS79 01-31-12 17
   RE: Courtney and Emily's Behavior Round Robin 01-31-12 19
 Softball game mrc 01-31-12 21
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 ellieter 01-31-12 22
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 qwertypie 01-31-12 24
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Pretty_Kitty 01-31-12 25
 The obvious conclusion. Max Headroom 01-31-12 26
   RE: The obvious conclusion. JoeGazillionaire 02-01-12 27
       RE: The obvious conclusion. Ants 02-01-12 28
           RE: The obvious conclusion. Max Headroom 02-01-12 29
           RE: The obvious conclusion. JoeGazillionaire 02-01-12 30
               RE: The obvious conclusion. Round Robin 02-01-12 31
                   RE: The obvious conclusion. JoeGazillionaire 02-01-12 32
                       RE: The obvious conclusion. Ants 02-01-12 35
 RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Loree 02-01-12 33
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Max Headroom 02-01-12 34
   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 02-01-12 36
       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 02-02-12 37
           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 02-02-12 38
               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 02-02-12 39
                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Ants 02-02-12 40
                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 JoeGazillionaire 02-02-12 41
                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 02-03-12 42
                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Loree 02-03-12 43
                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 02-03-12 44
                                   RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 qwertypie 02-03-12 45
                                       RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 JoeGazillionaire 02-03-12 46
                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Round Robin 02-04-12 47
                                           RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 Loree 02-06-12 48
                                               RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5 JoeGazillionaire 02-11-12 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-30-12, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I really wasn't going to watch this season, but there was nothing else on TV last Monday. SIGH. Like crack cocaine.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-12, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
So are you feeling the love for Courtney like the rest of us?

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-31-12, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Ok, so I'm going to ask what is probably a dumb question. Did they really just sleep together? If so, well...I can't even begin to express my disgust. He called it an "intimate moment". Does that imply something beyond the skinny dipping?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-12, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I'm pretty sure that's what it means, especially because of some other comment he made. He almost sounded like he felt a little guilty about it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-12, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Nudity + alcohol + ocean = sex in my book.

A Slice of Manga

01-31-12, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Wow. Just wow. Perhaps this has happened before and I just overlooked it? I don’t know, but the repercussions I see coming from this action are probably going to be worse than whatever pleasure he got out of it. I cannot imagine how whoever he ends up with feels about this. I still hope it’s not Courtney, since I don’t want her to benefit for one more second from the fame she would get if she “wins”. But really? I am so disgusted with Ben. He was supposedly so concerned about how the women would feel if he kept Shawntel, but I guess not so much how they might feel by sleeping with Courtney? Ok.

And I always wondered in the past if these people slept together on their overnight dates...and I hoped so much that they didn’t, but now I’m really doubting that. Ugh, gross.

@ Boo, I caught the guilt comment also. I was hoping maybe it was because he spent the time with her, and at least made out with her, but the more I think about it, the less that makes sense, considering he regularly makes out with all his dates and hasn't mentioned guilt before.

01-31-12, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
No doubt about it--these people are fame whores who are out to get what they can get.

It's pretty skeevy to think about the overnight dates, but I suspect that this sort of thing goes on in the real world--it just isn't as structured and isn't filmed for TV.

A Slice of Manga

01-31-12, 07:11 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
You’re right, it does happen in the real world, but how many of the people in the real world would make the same choices if they knew it would be televised? That’s what gets me, Ben wants us to believe he’s in this for love, and yet what does this decision tell us? If I had any self control I would stop watching this right now. *sigh* But I won’t. Damnit. I hope Ben feels about 2 inches tall as he’s watching this from home. Courtney is this season’s Bentley. Ben should know better.

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-30-12, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
"Tread carefully" regarding Courtney (he said to Emily). Pfffttt. Wow, you could have knocked me over with a feather (or a rose) when he gave that last rose to Emily instead of Jennifer. I like Emily, but Jennifer was one of my favorites.

We still haven't seen enough of Jaimie, one of my other favorites. Ben didn't exactly let Elyse down gently. The cocktail waitress from NC really put herself out there and it paid off.

Yes, I hate Courtney even more.

01-31-12, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I think I've put my finger on what bugs me about Courtney's face -- it seems she's had too much botox or something. The girl's eyebrows/forehead don't move at all.

01-31-12, 02:06 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Her lips seemed really, really thin to me tonight, too. She gets uglier every week.

01-31-12, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I think Courtney has good bone structure, but she's not beautiful. Does that make sense? She's pretty, a little, but not that much and certainly not beautiful. She's just got cheek bones and then you can always do hair and makeup to make yourself look more attractive.

Anyway, it's not her looks. It's her attitude. B - t c h. Mean Girl. Ben just was never good looking to me and his royal attitude is ticking me off. As others have said, he'll get what he deserves if he ends up with Courtney.

01-31-12, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I hate that disgusting piece of $hit Courtney worse than ever now, and I'm starting to hate Ben pretty bad now, too. What a heartless piece of garbage he is! All he gives a $hit about is how much nookie he's gonna get off of Courtney and how much publicity he's gonna get off the show, and the feelings of the other women be damned.

01-31-12, 08:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I forgot to mention that they mentioned Emily Maynard's name for the first time last night. They usually say, "If you know someone who'd like to date our next Bachelorette . . . . . " but, last night, they said, "If you know someone who'd like to date our next bachelorette Emily Maynard, . . . "

01-31-12, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I would have loved that group date - probably the best (second to the skiing) that we've seen on this show.

I have read the spoilers for this season, and I was still caught off guard by Jennifer leaving. Honestly I don't know if it's because I read something different (or thought I did) or just can't remember what I read.

Has he even had a one-on-one conversation with Casey S. or Jamie?

01-31-12, 10:32 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I broke down and read RS' spoilers as well. Jennifer leaving surprised me, too. I thought she was F4.

A Slice of Manga

01-31-12, 11:58 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Join the club. I have also read RS, and I am likewise surprised that Jennifer left this quickly. I think they're making Ben keep Emily for drama.

01-31-12, 11:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I listened to part of his Thursday Live Blog. I need to finish. I like him. I think he's pretty funny.

ABC recently had a poll on FB that asked something to the effect of, "Does Reality Steve have it wrong this year?" I don't know if he really does or if they are just trying to mess with him.

He has pretty much had it right every season I've watched. He did get Brad's initial pick wrong, but he fixed it once he knew.

01-31-12, 12:12 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I like Jaimie best now that Jennifer is gone. No, Jaimie and Casey S. haven't been on screen much at all. They're probably just too nice - no drama for the show.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-31-12, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Courtney and Emily's Behavior"
IMO, Ben shouldn't feel guilty about skinny dipping with Courtney since he appears to be really attracted to Courtney. Granted he's letting Little Ben do the thinking for him. Courtney's also not the first contestant to steal extra time with the Bachelor/ette. If you recall Wes did it with Jillian and Justin did it with Ali. Although in Justin's case, he was skeezy since he cut in on another guy's date time to do it.

The real problem Emily and the other ladies have with Courtney's behavior is that they sense Courtney isn't truly into Ben, she's all about the competition. If you listen to Courtney you can hear it in how she talks about Ben, as in when she got alone time with Ben, She's Winning.

But I have to give Emily credit since at least she had the nerve to pull the trigger in warning Ben about Courtney's motivations. It also appears the other ladies step up and say something to Ben about Courtney.

In the end, I hope Ben finds someone who truly cares about him and that finally we have another success story on this show. But I don't know if this show during it's run will ever match The Biggest Loser's record for couples that meet and fall in love because of the show.

01-31-12, 03:45 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Courtney and Emily's Behavior"
Courtney's the most cutthroat woman I've ever seen on a reality show. She's as cutthroat as RussHell was on Survivor, and you have to be pretty effing bad to be that bad. I'm 100% sure she's doing this to promote herself for future modeling and TV gigs. What I'm not sure about is whether or not her behavior might backfire on her and cause her to lose gigs to people who are nicer, more moral and more trustworthy.

01-31-12, 04:53 PM (EST)
21. "Softball game"
BTW, the scoring during the softball game was screwy. DW and I both noticed it, and RS talked about it.

A Slice of Manga

ellieter 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-31-12, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ellieter Click to send private message to ellieter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I have to say, I don't hate Courtney, and I don't think she's that bad. Here is my evidence:
At the end of the last episode, when all the women were toasting to Puerto Rico!, and she boasted that she had already been there, and that she could hold her glass the highest-- that wasn't mean, that was just ridiculous and silly and sad and child-like. That just doesn't seem that evil to me.
Her comment about Blakely being a stripper-- well that was just funny, and true, as well the Jersey Shore-Elyse comment. Those were funny little digs, and kind of clever. I would say those things, and I am a very nice person.
Furthermore, sweet little Emily is the one going to Ben, repeatedly, and telling him how awful Courtney is. I haven't heard Courtney say one disparaging remark about the other women to Ben, with the intent of casting them in a negative light in his eyes. When she confronted Emily, she looked like the monster because Emily blathered and cried and denied things- but she was the bad guy there. I hate when people do dirty things and then pretend to be innocent, dumb little girls so that everyone blames the big mean monster just for standing up for herself. I think Emily is a #####, for insulting Courtney to the object of their affections.
Lastly, at least she isn't a dithery fragile crybaby like the other women. I liked Emily, until she started sobbing. I liked Casey B., until she cried and cried because of something having to do with Ben. These women can be reduced to mushy balls of mucus and smeared make up because of one word from this unattractive, boring man, who was the reject of last season of a bachelorette who herself was a reject of the season before, and on and on and on. They're all such victims. Yeah, maybe Courtney would cry on the Limo of Tears on her way out, but it would probably mostly be acting. I think a good majority of these women are crying real, pathetic tears. Let's buck up here, ladies, and have some self-respect (as much as is possible, which is limited already if you're going to go on this show in the first place)

01-31-12, 09:14 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Hi Ellieter and welcome to the boards! Stick around for the snark -- it really heats up as the season progresses.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-31-12, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Last night Courtney called Jamie a hot mess. They have barely shown Jamie so I have no clue what shes talking about but Im curious.

Related? There was a blind gossip item today asking which girl was going through withdrawls the whole season. I would hate to think its Jamie but the fact that she has been invisible this whole season makes me wonder.

01-31-12, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "The obvious conclusion."
The producers are making Ben keep Emily. How else can you explain her continued presence, when she never gets a one-on-one date with Ben and is rarely seen on camera except when she's complaining to Ben about Courtney? How can he make much of a connection with her under those circumstances?

Courtney's all about "winning". She doesn't care about Ben, only about beating the other girls in the "competition", and she's utterly ruthless about it.

I was surprised to see Ben dump Elyse so abruptly. Though there was zero chemistry between them during their date, he could've at least let her down gently. Ouch.

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-01-12, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
I agree with Elieter.... I don't really have respect for people that go to someone to talk badly about them behind their backs. It's really not her business to "inform" him. He's a big boy... and any "telling" would be completely self-serving. It's not like Ben's family telling him...it's a girl in competition. If Emily can't compete on her own.... I think that's more it. I'm not much for victims, either and that whole subtle girl code back-talking... it's really not very nice.

Courtney doesn't really bother me. It's just entertainment...and all her antics are only riling up viewers and getting them to stick around week after week... to the producer's delight. That's why they cast archetypes--girls viewers root for, girls viewers root against, eye candy, the emotional cryers and the nutball. We've seen it go according to script every season...because human behavior's pretty predictable.

I thought Courtney looked pretty striking come out of the Limo so I can see why Ben is smitten.... though, I think her impressive physique is really what's putting things over the top... there are other girls like Casey S and Jenna who are prettier... People start finding faults with Courtney's looks because they don't like her. She's just a little socially so it comes off poorly. As I felt when they picked Ben last season, those hoping he would do the right thing will be disappointed because that's really not Ben. He wasn't really all that gracious to Ashley when she rejected to him....and in his departure I felt like his behavior only certified Ashley's choice. Can't have immaturity like that. It's a surprise that they went with a reject that's not that impressive instead of some hot bachelor type that has a lot going for him. Wasn't that the point of the Bachelor? The most eligible guy worthy of the title? I think that went out the window when they cast kissing bandit Bob Guinea with that cackling laugh.

It's too bad that Casey S. gets so little air time because she doesn't cause trouble. She's the prettiest girl in the house. It's kind of annoying watching the show with Blakely and co. dominating screentime due to their behavior.

02-01-12, 08:01 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
I dunno, Joe. I wish someone had warned me about a relationship or two when I was younger. On the other hand, people don't listen when you do try to warn them. I tried to warn a friend (way back when) about someone. She didn't believe me and others and didn't listen. Later when she realized the guy really was a snake, she said, "I should have listened to you." It's painful to watch someone walk down the wrong path, but I think people have to learn for themselves. Emily trying to do the wrong thing just makes her come off as desperate. Not good.

I agree that Courtney's entertainment. I wonder if someone (producer) fed her those lines about Blakely being a stripper and the other one (who?) being Jersey Shore. Is Courtney smart enough to think up quips like that? As you all have said, it's all scripted. That's fine because it is entertainment.

I didn't watch back then, but I never thought Bob Guinea was good looking.

Jaimie and Casey S. must be sweet, nice girls and that's why they get no airtime. Gotta be catty and villainous to get airtime.

I still can't believe Ben let Jennifer go.

02-01-12, 08:35 AM (EST)
29. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
I still can't believe Ben let Jennifer go.

I was surprised too-- it wasn't that long ago that the two of them seemed to really be clicking. The way the show was edited, I figured Emily was toast.

I was secretly hoping Ben would make Courtney and Emily wait for the last rose before picking Courtney.

02-01-12, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
Warning is great when it's a friend....but I think Emily's doing it for nefarious reasons... I just don't like people who do the sneaky behind the back cutdown... I actually respect Courtney more than Emily... The female contestants do that alot, including the supposed sweet girl Kacie B (the Brunette).

No. I think her little quips are all hers. I've had people in my life that were like forces of nature and after spending time with them, you get the sense of lines they like to use.... so the producers just notice types knowing their personalities, put them in a room and watch the powder keg ignite. They might push their buttons, but I don't think they feed the girls lines... I do think think that they might feed the bachelor lines... and strongly suggest who to keep.

Bob Guinea was kind of a clown and a reject in the previous season, so it really hurt the integrity of the show when he was suddenly the desired bachelor. It's like if Screech was suddenly featured as the Hunk on a show.

It kind of annoys me when the show does that.... sure the catty and villainous might be catchy...but I'd much rather watch the eye candy.... we're not watching this show to feed our souls or intellect. It was so annoying watching people I'm not attracted to like Blakely and Monica... just like if you were forced to watch 80 minutes of Bob Guinea and just 5 minutes of Jake.

Watch Revenge...you're welcome in advance. The pilot was boring...but the show really picked up in later episodes when it was about rich beautiful people doing bad things to each other.

02-01-12, 12:12 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
Courtney's quips fit her snarky personality very well, so if they're not original they were given to her by somebody who knows her pretty well.

Emily might seem to be skating on thin ice by squealing on Courtney over her behavior, but the previews seem to indicate that somebody else squeals on her too, and Ben gets concerned enough to talk to her about it. So if he did pick her in the end, he's gotta be feeling pretty stupid watching these episodes and seeing her obnoxious behavior.

02-01-12, 04:41 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
Snarky, lol. Yeah.

As off as Courtney's personality is, still think she's too good for Ben. It's funny watching these girls that act like he's a prize when they wouldn't give him a second look if the show hadn't put him on the dhow. He's a drip. Ben just wants to sleep with Courtney...so I don't think he's looking for a true heart. That's why it's inane for these girls to "tell" on Courtney...they should just worry about their own game and not Courtney's. As much flack as Brad Womack got, I still felt like he preferred the nicer girls and wasn't as blinded by sex (either hot physique or throwing themselves sexually like Blakely). Brad's final four girls were pretty darn demure and sweet by Bachelor show standards.

02-01-12, 10:15 PM (EST)
35. "RE: The obvious conclusion."
I liked Brad better (much) than Ben, too.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-12, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Ben said in an interview that he let Jennifer go because he knew she was not The One. He also knew how much she liked him and didn't want to lead her on.

I really wonder about Ben's guilt for skinny dipping with Courtney. It was done in a voice over like it was added later. When did he start to feel regret? Was it when the scenes started showing in ads for the show. Was it just a way to clean up his actions by showing regret when the public didn't like what they saw?

I just keep thinking about Ben's sister and mother. His sister is the one that wanted him to do the show orginally. What must they think of Courtney?

Courtney doesn't want Ben. She wants to win. She was practically making fun of him. She is talking to the camera and wondering if he ever went skinny dipping with a model. Like little old Ben would never have had that great opportunity because he is a nobody compared to her. Why does she have to keep reminding everyone she is a model? Probably because we would never guess if she didn't. There is nothing special about her.

Ben's ego is getting out of control. He is treating the women nasty. Waving the rose in Elyse's face to give her hope before booting her. Telling women to tread lightly. Who does he think he is?

02-01-12, 05:12 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Who does he think he is?

I think he's someone ripe for rejection at the end of this season. Especially if he picks Courtney.

02-01-12, 10:40 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I just watched it again. Just before the rose ceremony, Jennifer pulled Ben aside. They talked about their one on one date (swimming in the pit) and Ben excitedly said that it was "Rad!" and Jennifer agreed. Jennifer said that their conversations came so easily and flowed so freely, they felt so comfortable together. Ben agreed. They had a make out session. Then, he didn't give her the rose.

He just had to make out with her once more before dumping her because, "She wasn't the one." ???

02-02-12, 04:24 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I remember how bad many of us viewers felt for Ben over the way Ashley rejected him. Now after watching his behavior on this season, I think that's just what the ba$tard deserved and that Ashley was too nice for him. He's an arrogant a$$hole, and he's not as considerate of the girls' feelings as he'd like you to think. I don't think he wants there to be the same kind of rejection scene in his finale that there was in Ashley's with him, but I think that's because he doesn't want his image to be smudged, not because he really gives that much of a $hit about the women. I don't think he even gives that much of a $hit about Courtney. He wants to bang her, nothing more.

02-02-12, 08:51 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Exactly. After huffing and puffing about how Ashley rejected him, His Majesty rudely dismisses one by putting her in a car (forgot her name) and then picking up a rose and not giving it to Elyse (who foolishly, imo, gave up her job and gave up going to her BEST friend's wedding).

02-02-12, 04:49 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
VERY dumb move by Elyse. No guy wants to have a potential guilt trip like that hanging over his head all his life ("Look how much I gave up for you!"), so it's no surprise Ben cut her off at the knees and got that over with before she ever got started if he wasn't that into her. But he could have let her down a lot more gently. For somebody who was rejected himself, he's not very gentle with his letdowns, and that surprises me.

02-02-12, 05:18 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
It surprises me and, honestly, it disgusts me.

02-02-12, 07:57 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Maybe a nice guy like Adam Sandler (who buys his friends cars and lucrative jobs and is really nice to his girl) would have taken that into consideration, but we're talking about Ben here. Imagine if Ben had been given even more power...imagine what his behavior would be then.....

02-03-12, 02:34 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
No, thanks. Just the power he has as the Bachelor has gone to his head and transformed him into Super A$$hole. If he thinks being dumped himself gives him any license to be a heartless jerk, he's in for a rude awakening if he pulls that attitude $hit on his eventual choice. Even his precious hurricane-brained Courtney would dump his a$$ pretty quickly if she has to put up with his "my $hit doesn't stink" attitude, and he's not smarter than her by enough to realize that.

02-03-12, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
OPEN. I was getting so sick of Ben using that word in every conversation. He kept saying "open" no matter what he was talking about.

02-03-12, 05:11 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
And what he means by "open up" to him and what the words mean to others ain't quite the same thing. To him, "open up" to him means to put your heart on the line and kiss his a$$ and tell him how wonderful he is without him doing any real opening up in return. He's not really looking for a permanent relationship, he's looking for a parking place for his d!ck, and to somebody like me who would do anything but sell his soul for a chance at some of those women, he's a pretty contemptible sort of a guy,

02-03-12, 06:17 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Just take a shot everytime he says "open" and you will be better able to handle the pain.

02-03-12, 10:33 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Even though, he's a drip...for some reason this season is pretty entertaining... though you guys are further along on the episodes than I am..... only so many hours in the day. I have to watch it in 30 minute increments. I wonder what would happen if they injected a Brad Womack or a past Bachelor....and have a bachelor faceoff...would the girls still choose Ben?

02-04-12, 03:16 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
I think the only shot I might take related to this season of the Bach is a shot of Jack Daniel's, when I hear of Ben and his choice breaking up. This is not about finding love, this is about Ben and Courtney going through the motions to get their money and their publicity, and banging each other every chance they get until Ben either chooses another girl or chooses Courtney and gets dumped. They are using each other, and I'm not sure which is the greater tool.

02-06-12, 02:27 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
> I wonder what would
>happen if they injected a
>Brad Womack or a past
>Bachelor....and have a bachelor faceoff...would
>the girls still choose Ben?
>

I wish they would do this more often. It is how they started Byron's season. He was one of 2 bachelors and the women got to vote on which one they wanted to stay. Instead of that, it might be interesting if they just had 2 bachelors all season. The women would have to make their mind up on which one they preferred and the men might fight over some of the females. The men would have to be nicer to the women since the females would have another choice. It might keep their egos in check.

02-11-12, 08:37 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Bachelor Ben episode 5"
Yeah, it would spice things up a bit...kind of like the Survivor duel. The guys' egos would be totally stung...and they would act differently trying to woo the girls. Right now, Ben is way too comfortable. He's an average looking guy that's walking around like he's JFK jr, tongue kissing almost every girl and dismissing them like used tissue. Unfortunately the face-off happened in the lost season...Byron and the other guy and that crop weren't as attractive... Would Bob Guinea even gotten any attention if he had to go up against Brad or Alex Michele... My only qualm is that they should have some kind of check against the alliances thing that totally ruins the Bachelor Pad every time, where a bunch of people who aren't really attracted to each other pair up just to wield power... this show should still be based on attraction and romance (however superficial it is)...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •