The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-18-11, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 4 Hometown Visits"
That's right. You've never seen me post in this forum before. One good reason why is because I've never seen this show before! Someone (querty) asked if I might include this show in my Reality TV Guru blog, so here I oblige her request. What you'll get from me is a fresh pair of eyes and an unpolluted brain with no memories of this show, even though I've read through some of the posts in this forum and what's in the official show site.

So now we have the four guys hosting Ashley, with Ames in NYC, Ben in Sonoma, CA, Constantine in Atlanta and J.P. in Roslyn, NY. I wonder how many moms will approve of Ashley. It could be make or break with some of the potential future in-laws.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits cahaya 07-18-11 1
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits qwertypie 07-19-11 2
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits cahaya 07-19-11 7
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Ants 07-20-11 21
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits cahaya 07-20-11 22
 RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits mrc 07-19-11 3
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits samboohoo 07-19-11 4
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Ants 07-20-11 15
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits jbug 07-20-11 16
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits samboohoo 07-21-11 27
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits TVcrazee 07-23-11 35
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Pamselfish 07-20-11 11
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Ants 07-20-11 14
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Pamselfish 07-20-11 17
               RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Ants 07-20-11 23
                   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Pamselfish 07-21-11 31
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits TVcrazee 07-23-11 37
               RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Pamselfish 07-23-11 39
 RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits melaniekaye 07-19-11 5
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits cahaya 07-19-11 6
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Ants 07-19-11 8
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits redheaded_sweetheart 07-19-11 9
       I challenge you to a duel! qwertypie 07-20-11 10
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Pamselfish 07-20-11 12
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits qwertypie 07-20-11 13
 Ames jbug 07-20-11 18
   RE: Ames cahaya 07-20-11 19
   RE: Ames Ants 07-20-11 20
   RE: Ames Pamselfish 07-21-11 32
 Ashley's Sister Pamselfish 07-20-11 24
   RE: Ashley's Sister Ants 07-20-11 25
       RE: Ashley's Sister Pamselfish 07-20-11 26
 RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits samboohoo 07-21-11 28
   RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits cahaya 07-21-11 29
       Whisker Burn Pamselfish 07-21-11 30
           RE: Whisker Burn samboohoo 07-21-11 33
           RE: Whisker Burn TVcrazee 07-23-11 36
               RE: Whisker Burn Pamselfish 07-23-11 38
       RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits Ants 07-21-11 34
           RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits sharnina 07-26-11 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-18-11, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-11 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

Posting live with edits here. Good thing I did a little homework in advance, as they don't show the guys' names on screen.

We start with recappage. Wow, she can get into chummy kisses with all four of these guys on consecutive dates? I can see where JP is coming from just imagining some other guy just having recently kissed the gal I'm kissing (and probably some other dude who's going to kiss with her again!). This show is not for the jealous, at least not too openly expressed.

The first hometown visit is with Constantine at his Georgio's pizza parlor in Atlanta. They start by making a pizza together and having a chat - and yet another one of Ashley's million kisses - under the watchful eyes of friends and employees who applaud the kiss. They seem to like each other, but there don't seem to be any real sparks flying. Next they walk, Ashley with a bottle of wine from the restaurant in hand, up to the family house with 'Welcome Home Constantine'. They gather for a meal with red wine and both his sister and especially his mom goes for Ashley. Mom asks Ashley, "are you willing to become a part of this?" Not making any kind of commitments or revealing herself too much, Ashley says she can be happy a lot of places. Then the father and son talk, and Constantine asks for and gets pop's opinion, support and blessings. Theirs is a huggy, back-slapping family. Which leads into the rest of the family showing up, a whole big gang of them including grandma. It turns into a Greek dancing party followed by more huggy-huggy all around with papa tossing cash around like confetti. Ashley and Constantine then walk out the door with his folks watching them from the open front door. By the time they kiss, everyone's watching and cheer them on. Ashley would clearly be welcome in this house.

The next stop is in New York, NY at Ames' family house, which is clearly a long way from NYC with fields around. His mom seems to like Ashley a lot. His sister, too. Mom tells Ashley that she can tell Ames has feelings for Ashley. Ashley says she definitely "definitely feels" something for Ames but she's not ready to make any commitments. Whoops, Sis tells her that Ames has had different girlfriends before, but Ashley is different. (Sis, please never ever mention past girlfriends!) Mom's next, and says it'd be fun for Ashley and Ames to do things together, like travel. It's clear the family is selling themselves to Ashley with all of the right things said. Ashley privately says that she feels things are moving rather quickly for her, and while she mentions feeling passion, I'm not sensing it on screen. Like? Yes. Love? A bit, maybe. But passion? Not quite. Mom has a talk with her boy and then off to a picnic the lovebirds go. Ashley tells Ames they think the same, but we have to wonder if they feel the same with Ashley reciprocating what he feels for her. Then kissy-poo again, with Ames saying it's the best kiss yet ever, and they go for an enchanting countryside drive on a horsed carriage. Looks to me like a fine place to live!

Then we visit Ben's vineyard in Sonoma, California. Wow, look at all those caskets of wine - enough to supply a whole season's worth of OT "how many times does she say Bentley?" drinking games for this show! They go for a picnic to a rustic, wooden house and sit on the floor of the porch as the wet weather does not cooperate. Ashley asks Ben about his late father and it goes into family talk, along with his grandfather, and hard times for his mom. Ben seems a bit tentative, both about their mutual feelings and how his mom will accept her, which is important to him. He is worred that "if things don't go well, it will be the end of Ashley and I". Whoops again, another sis mentions that her bro has dated girls (eek, sisters!). He and his Julia talk about his experiences and feelings for Ashley, which seems to boil down to respect, but there's no mention of being madly in love with her. He says if things continue to progress like they have been, he'd have no problem proposing. Then there's the mom and boy talk. What is that she's drinking in the wine glass (which contents is discreetly edited out)? Mom seems fairly sharp, but she hardly smiles, as if she's still feeling hard times. She's glad to see Ben, but we don't see much interaction between Ashley and his mom. On her way out by car, they kiss briefly (no spectators this time) and Ben says he's glad he's starting to fall in love. He looks and sounds a bit tentative, as if afraid to invest too much emotional energy into a relationship that may never happen.

The last stop is with JP in Roslyn, NY. They start off with a kiss and Ashley seems to sparkle more being here. It seems he reserved a roller skating rink all for themselves. With a disco ball hanging over head, they skate, kiss, skate, fall, kiss, skate, fall. Ashley says privately how lucky she is to be with him. It looks like she's got a chemistry with JP she doesn't have with the other guys. He talks about his previous relationship and "things she did that would cause him to question their relationship". Ashley asks about them, and he says 100% and he doesn't want to be without her. A lot of negative talk about getting crushed or heartbroken and moving on, which to me raises some red flags on Ashley's behalf. He's thinking too much about what might or might not happen instead of confidently expressing his feelings for her. Then they head off to the family house for a round of family huggy-huggy followed by what appears to be a lasagne dinner. Mom and JP have a talk, and mom thinks Ashley is terrific but she doesn't want to see his heart broken like before. JP tells his mom that he's confident that he and Ashley will have a relationship and the family should be prepared for him to propose to Ashley. Mom then talks with Ashley and expresses her fears about JP's heart being broken. Mom asks Ashley how she picks people! Mom wants to know if Ashley is serious about JP or just playing the field. Now JP talks with his bro and says nothing is 100%, and he is prepared for whatever happens including getting hurt. Mom says private that she sees a spark in Ashley's face also and a relationship would be good for both of them. We didn't hear much from dad. JP says privately the day went perfectly, but he's still a little bit afraid. After all, Ashley will only choose one of four.

Then in studio with the host of the show, Ashley recaps her experiences at all of the hometown visits. While Ashley speaks well of everyone and says she enjoyed herself and had no regrets, she doesn't clue us in on who's her favorite. If her behavior, reactions and body language are anything to go by, it looks like JP is the favorite. All of the guys seem ok (no creeps or seriously dysfunctional families here, going by the edits), although Ben seems tentative and JP (and his mom) have a fear of his being hurt again.

So, who goes home after all this? Ashley first calls Ben up and pins his rose on. So that's how this goes. Next is JP, leaving Ames and Constantine and one rose left. Well, nice knowing you, Ames. He stands there with a fixed smile and does a wink and then walks out with Ashley to the bench. He seems to take it ok, they do a meek handshake and a brief hug and off he goes in the limo never to be seen again. Only after he's in the car does he show his distress of being rejected. "I just wonder what it was..." Yes, was. Meanwhile, Ashley and the three remaining guys do a toast before heading off to a tropical island.

And we get previews of a little romance with Ashley being carried into a hut and then a suprise visitor knocking at the door, and then some conflict with some harsh words coming up in next week's show.

All in all, for a first time seeing this show, not bad. I've read some of the past thresds here, particularly about Bentley, so I guess I missed some of the more entertaining moments of the season. Although tonight's show was relatively tame without controversy, I'm already curious who Ashley will pick.

FYI on the schedule ahead (note the Sunday date and early finish as The Bachelor starts on August 8):
Monday, July 25: Episode 9, Overnight Dates*
Sunday, July 31: "The Men Tell All" Special
Monday, August 1: The Finale; "After the Final Rose" Special

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-11, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-11 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

Thanks for the recap, I have it on PVR so will watch it with my girls tomorrow. (Some people think that makes me a bad mom because I let my daughters watch. I call it a cautionary tale ).
And don't worry, I will not be making any requests for you to review Hell's Kitchen.

ETA - Check out his blog, let's get some traffic going

07-19-11, 09:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I will not be making any requests for you to review Hell's Kitchen.

Hey, thanks!

I've never been a fan of kitchen shows, they're too painful to watch as I actually enjoy cooking at home. After a few episodes, I realized that I wouldn't learn as much about how to cook some new dishes as I would about the old adage that more than one cook in a kitchen is asking for trouble.

I'm hooked on this show, though, for the rest of the season, and it looks like I'll be losing my Bachelor virginity in a couple of weeks.

Cautionary tale, indeed!

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-20-11, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
RE: PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK

Ashley opens the door and says, "What are YOU doing here?"

Shall we place bets on who it is? Some possibilities:

1. Brad
2. Ames
3. Bentley (nah, prolly not)
4. idk, Emily?
5. family members

any other ideas?

07-20-11, 04:49 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Just a guess...

6. Ryan P - she said she "missed him" at the beginning of this episode.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-11, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
If Ames were any more like me, it would be scary. Except I'm less traveled, less awkward, and much hotter.

Ben's visit was more about his family than Ashley. I'm thinking he and JP make the final 2, with JP getting the rose. IS Ben the next Bachelor? I thought it might be Ryan, but we didn't get the depth of edit with him that we have with Ben.

Constantine is boring. *snore*

A Slice of Manga

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Saw a clip of the rose ceremony last night. Ben appeared to have cut his hair. It looked better than it has all season.

Ames looked so awkward at the rose ceremony.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

07-20-11, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-11 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

Ames was crushed and probably wanted to cry. That awkwardness was him trying hard to remain composed and not break down in front of everyone. I felt so bad for him.

When he was in the car, he covered his face, trying to stop from crying. After he composed himself, he calmly gave a classy interview about how he was falling in love, but it just didn't work.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-11, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I agree Ants.

07-21-11, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I agree as well, but I thought he looked awkward the entire time.

For some reason, I felt like he always looked that way at the rose ceremony or just really around the other guys. I don't think at all that he was intimidated by them, but he was definitely not like them. It will be very interesting to see him on Bachelor Pad.

I liked Ames, and didn't think he and Ashley paired well at all.

TVcrazee 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-23-11, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVcrazee Click to send private message to TVcrazee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
>LAST EDITED ON 07-20-11
>AT 01:15 PM (EST)

>
>Ames was crushed and probably wanted
>to cry. That awkwardness
>was him trying hard to
>remain composed and not break
>down in front of everyone.
> I felt so bad
>for him.
>
>When he was in the car,
>he covered his face, trying
>to stop from crying.
>After he composed himself, he
>calmly gave a classy interview
>about how he was falling
>in love, but it just
>didn't work.

I felt really bad for Ames even though it was pretty obvious he would be the one. He stood there with that look he always has and kind of a "who me?" essence about him.I think he could be incredibly romantic if he would just loosen up a bit.The little Italian way of romance he described kind of fit him to a T. He is one bachelor who needs someone who can listen to his prose with an appreciation for his romance, not only in the obvious way...but in the romance he has for life.
That kiss, was the first REAL kiss they shared if I'm remembering correctly? I'm thinking it may be Ames as the suprise person at the door? He seems so shy; and all the cameras probably freaked him out. I truly felt bad for him and feel that fickle Miss Ali shouldn't have strung him along. He probably had a lot of integrity and she smashed both that and his self esteem like some strange tropical bug!

BTW~ I believe the sign said Chadsford PA,(?) which is near Delaware and the Winterture Estate~an amazing garden and mansion setting.

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-20-11, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I agree Constantine is the next to go. Their hometown date looked really fun. He's got a great family, but I think Ashley is an educated northern girl who has higher ambitions than moving to a southern town to be married to a family restaurant owner. I felt sorry for Constantine during the rose ceremony. He appeared more upbeat and smiling than usual, thinking he was now a strong contender since the hometown date had gone so well, but unlike with JP and Ben, Ashley didn't meet his happy gaze as she was pinning the rose on him; she actually looked away. I thought it was an extremely awkward moment.

As for Ames - he came out of all this as a smart, cultured, sensitive, well-toned (!), perfect gentleman. With all this great publicity, I think high caliber women for miles around in his real life will now be seeking him out. He'll have no trouble getting over this little rejection and finding women with whom he has true chemistry.

07-20-11, 10:04 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I think you're right that women will come out of the woodwork to seek Ames. That happened on Average Joe to Adam. Women saw that he was rejected and therefore single and they left messages on his answering machine in droves. They actually made a show out of it.

I'm not looking for a show on Ames, though he'd make a great Bachelor. I'm just thinking that women, who now know him and know he's single, will be hunting him down, throwing themselves at him. Lucky guy!

07-20-11, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
LOL. I'd forgotten about Adam....and the Average Joe follow up show. Thanks for stirring up that memory. It's a good one.

Going way back to the first episode of this season, I had the same feeling about the guy Anthony. He was the butcher from one of the boroughs of New York City, and got quite a few minutes of air time for someone who was getting kicked off that very first night. Although not Ashley's type at all, his looks and attitude were strong enough to stand out, and would appeal to a certain group of women in his hometown area (and NYC is a huge area). I laughingly imagined tons of women flocking to his butcher shop to try to meet him the next day after the show aired. I'm sure it was good for business, and for him personally.

07-20-11, 06:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Anthony was from New Jersey, but yeah, NYC area. He was so . . . idk, he would be much more attractive (to me anyway) if he wouldn't meet the Jersey Shore stereotype. He was the only one who not only wasn't wearing a tie, but had his shirt unbuttoned and had gold chains on. Yuck. I agree that it must've been good business for him, though, for girls who like that. I'll bet his butcher shop got real busy after that episode. On the other hand, Bentley was hoping to boost his business by being on the show, but his behavior probably caused the opposite.

07-21-11, 12:24 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Oh yeah, Thanks - it was Jersey for sure. Lots of Jersey on reality tv lately.

And as far as personal and business publicity...I bet every Greek family in Georgia and/or their single daughters will be making their way to check out Constantine and his restaurant.

And then there's Ben and his winery in Sonoma.

Better consolation prizes than money can buy.

07-23-11, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVcrazee Click to send private message to TVcrazee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
>I think you're right that women
>will come out of the
>woodwork to seek Ames.
>That happened on Average Joe
>to Adam. Women saw
>that he was rejected and
>therefore single and they left
>messages on his answering machine
>in droves. They actually
>made a show out of
>it.
>
>I'm not looking for a show
>on Ames, though he'd make
>a great Bachelor. I'm
>just thinking that women, who
>now know him and know
>he's single, will be hunting
>him down, throwing themselves at
>him. Lucky guy!

This may sound contradictory; but I think Ames is too much of a gentleman to be "The Bachelor". Anyone else feel this way?

07-23-11, 10:07 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
You know that's what I thought too.....except that now he's signed up for Bachelor Pad (!?!), I don't get that at all. That just seems out of character to me. Maybe we've been giving him too much credit. I'm confused.

melaniekaye 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-19-11, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melaniekaye Click to send private message to melaniekaye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Poor Ames. He's a great guy. I believe he truly loved Ashley. Believe me Ames, Ashley is not the girl for you. You can do much better than her. Whoever Ames finally ends up with will be a very happy girl. He AIMS to please. My heart broke for hime last night. Still don't like Ashley. Still think she is the worst Bachelorette in the history of the show.

07-19-11, 09:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Believe me Ames, Ashley is not the girl for you. You can do much better than her.

Yup, yup, my thoughts exactly.

07-19-11, 10:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
This is interesting - while the long haired twins (can't remember who it was on this board that came up with that title) Constantine and Ben are a little fuggly (looks only, not personality), their sisters are kinda cute - not super pretty, but better looking than their brothers.

Also, JP seemed to win the looks lottery in his family. His brother wasn't nearly as cute as he is. I loved the pic of him when he was a boy. Such a cutie!!!

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-19-11, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I'm not much of an Ashley fan either...but the title of worst Bachelorette ever has got to go to Meredith!

07-20-11, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I challenge you to a duel!"
Meredith was ...sedate, but I never had the urge to poke my eardrum out with an icepick listening to her. Just saying

07-20-11, 01:21 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I have to say that I liked Meredith. She was laid back, but I thought that was kind of sweet. I didn't find her annoying at all, like I do Ashley. And IMHO, she snagged the Best of All Bachelor candidates...Ian. After all these years, I still think of him & have to catch my breath. But that's just my personal taste I guess. And from all the reports I saw, they lasted together more than a year, so that in itself is a pretty amazing outcome for this show.

07-20-11, 09:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
So true.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-11, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Ames"
Bachelor Pad

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelorette-bachelor-ames-brown-competing-on-bachelor-pad--12492.php

I hope he doesn't think he'll find love on there; hopefully he's just going for the fun.
He's such a nice person; if I were single, a few years younger, and in his neighborhood?

07-20-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ames"
I hope he doesn't think he'll find love on there; hopefully he's just going for the fun.

Hmmm... I just had a look at the cast (which I think is final now that Ames is in) and see that they're from past seasons of the Bachelor(ette) franchise. I haven't seen any of these seasons, so I don't have much of a clue (yet) about their personalities. A few of the gals are pretty good lookin', though!

07-20-11, 03:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ames"
I know it's been said before, but you have to wonder how many are in it to find love versus how many are there to travel the world and essentially go to one big party. Jackie (Brad's season) said that she thought she'd do it for fun, thinking she'd probably get eliminated the first night, but she'd get a free trip to LA at least. Well, she made it past the first night and went to Vegas and Central America on ABC's dime. That's how the contestants should look at it - go for the free party, booze and travel. If you happen to find love while you're at it, go for it.

Another thing that's been mentioned before is how everyone is sequestered. It must be easy to "fall in love" when what's actually happening is that they're deeply infatuated and attracted to a person because they're closed off from the rest of the world, but the love (infatuation) fades when they re-enter the real world.

07-21-11, 12:37 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Ames"
Wonder if that's the reason Ames was let go now, before Constantine and Ben? Bachelor Pad needed to complete their next season line-up and he was the only one interested. I don't think any interaction between Ames and Vienna will be the least bit interesting. Talk about coming from different worlds. Yawn.

Hmmmmm, if Ben had been interested in Bachelor Pad would he have gotten the boot this week and Ames or Constantine would have been edited to be JP's main contender? We'll never know. It's all Hollywood smoke and mirrors.

07-20-11, 06:48 PM (EST)
24. "Ashley's Sister"
I didn't watch last season's Bachelor, so I didn't see Ashley's hometown date. What is her family like? The 4 families this season were interestng and different, but all very mainstream in their own way. Then I see the preview for Ashley bringing her final 2 home, and we've got a heavily tatooed sister chasing her outside screaming obsenities. I can't help smile when I think how Ben and Ames' (in particular) very proper mothers would handle that if the families got together. Is Ashley's sister really what the snippet suggested? I don't like the word trashy, but that's how she appeared.

Also JP's family is clearly Jewish, and I think their relegion has serious objections to tatoos.

Any thoughts?

07-20-11, 07:02 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ashley's Sister"
Indeed, Ashley's family seems Jerry Springer-ish.

Actually, they might not be that bad. That girl with the tatts ALL OVER is her sister. Also, she's mentioned that her father is an alcoholic. We saw them during Ashley's hometown date with Brad. They weren't too bad, but they were blue collar, lower middle class. Yeah, Ames' mother would find that hard to swallow.

07-20-11, 09:22 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ashley's Sister"
OMG - that's even worse than I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. Well, Good for Ashley to have risen above her circumstances. U Penn Dental School is certainly a top notch institution. I wonder if she'll ever graduate.....or decide instead to stay in Reality TV World forever?

07-21-11, 09:11 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
I felt like that was the longest two hours of the season so far. So boring. I can't wait for her season to be over.

07-21-11, 09:33 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Yeah, it was pretty much the same script at each place -- meet somewhere, go to the family house, mom and sis grill Ashley, family dinner, mom or pop have a talk with their boy, out they go usually with spectators watching their every move. Looks like the edits were being kind to the families, without anything controversial. And it's looking more obvious who Ashley will pick, so now the season just to has to run its course, maybe spiced up with another not-quite-Bentley-like twist.

07-21-11, 10:47 AM (EST)
30. "Whisker Burn"
To me the most obvious sign about who Ashley has chosen were the whisker burns on her face as she sat there smiling sweetly with JP's family at dinner. Although it's been many years since I've been there, done that....there's only one way to get heavy duty whisker burns like that on your chin. Just saying...

I also think it's funny that at both Ben and Constantine's house she mentioned how they were "just her type" because of the long dark hair. Since JP is the polar opposite, she must have just been making polite conversation. At least he's a better size for her. She's very petite and the other 3 seemed ackwardly too tall for her.

07-21-11, 01:11 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Whisker Burn"
Agree completely.

07-23-11, 06:24 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Whisker Burn"
>To me the most obvious sign
>about who Ashley has chosen
>were the whisker burns on
>her face as she sat
>there smiling sweetly with JP's
>family at dinner. Although it's
>been many years since I've
>been there, done that....there's only
>one way to get heavy
>duty whisker burns like that
>on your chin. Just saying...
>
>
>I also think it's funny that
>at both Ben and Constantine's
>house she mentioned how they
>were "just her type" because
>of the long dark hair.
>Since JP is the polar
>opposite, she must have just
>been making polite conversation. At
>least he's a better size
>for her. She's very petite
>and the other 3 seemed
>ackwardly too tall for her.
>

I agree with you about JP vs. the other 2 guys. However~Ihave a strange feeling that she will do something or have one of them do something to them....and Ali will be left alone with the last rose???

07-23-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Whisker Burn"
Hmmmm, Maybe....but that's not my feeling. The previews make it look like someone leaves her on the beach (again broken hearted), but I'm guessing that's just Constantine throwing in the towel early. There's no chemistry between them and he knows it, but he's already stayed long enough to get publicity for his restaurant and one last trip to Fiji out of the deal. Remember he said something about being "out of there" pretty strongly after finding out Bentley had returned to Hong Kong......but then unlike Micky, he hung around with no further explanation. This show has been all about creating drama, where there really was none.

I think Ashley and JP will happily end the show engaged, despite all the conjured up nonsense we've been put through this season. I actually think they're a cute couple and I wish them luck.

07-21-11, 07:14 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
This interview will make you love Ames even more (read all three pages):

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/new-interview-ames-brown-would-consider-being-the-bachelor-unless-hes-not-single

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-26-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Final 4 Hometown Visits"
Loved that interview. I was glad to read his final comment that he just felt bad for Ashley in the whole Bentley situation.

Love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.
1 Peter 4:8 (The Message)

Shar's World

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •