The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can't wait for Emily"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-02-11, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can't wait for Emily"
Batting her big eyes, using her southern belle charms. I can only imagine the guys fighting over her during her season. A lot of the guys during this season were expecting and hoping for her anyway.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can't wait for Emily Angelflutter 08-03-11 1
   RE: Can't wait for Emily Ants 08-03-11 2
       RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-04-11 3
           RE: Can't wait for Emily Ants 08-06-11 4
               RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-06-11 5
                   RE: Can't wait for Emily Ants 08-07-11 6
                       RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-07-11 7
                           RE: Can't wait for Emily Ants 08-07-11 8
                               RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-07-11 9
                                   RE: Can't wait for Emily Round Robin 08-08-11 10
                                       RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-09-11 11
 RE: Can't wait for Emily rjrabbit 08-17-11 12
   RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-17-11 13
       RE: Can't wait for Emily rjrabbit 08-17-11 14
           RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-17-11 15
               RE: Can't wait for Emily rjrabbit 08-17-11 16
                   RE: Can't wait for Emily Ants 08-17-11 17
       RE: Can't wait for Emily Ants 08-17-11 18
           RE: Can't wait for Emily JoeGazillionaire 08-18-11 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Angelflutter 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-11, 05:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelflutter Click to send private message to Angelflutter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
YUP !!! I'd like to see Emily as the next Bachelorette. She is soooooo sweet and you bet the fella's will be after her. But, with her daughter Rikki, I truly don't think she will do the show - especially after being burnt once. I do wish her luck in finding the right feller'.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-03-11, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I thought she/the bach producers said this wasn't gonna happen.

I like Emily, too. She is more refined than many of the other Bachs and 'ettes.

08-04-11, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I think she gets sucked into the drama.... she'll crave the attention and the adventure there is... Get to go to excitign locales (this season's was awesome--the Orient, then tropical islands...dam) these are million dollar vacations that only jetsetters get to go on. You get to be on covers and be the most talked about person in town. Pretty heady stuff....

Let's face it....most of the bachelorette contestants are .... i dunno... seem to be that annoying breed of camera hogging forgettable..meh. there's something about Emily that's very appealing. She comes off as that sweet belle that guys fight over...Now, I'm sure that the real person is more complicated. I'm just talking about how she comes off. I can't even name that many other bachelorette contestants.... Also, the Ricki thing kind of gives her the Jerry Maguire effect....like she's the cute sympathetic single mom and you want to protect her.

08-06-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I think they all get sucking into the drama . . . all of 'em.

I do think, though, that the drama is created by the producers and it just causes a whirlpool effect - everyone gets sucked into it.

08-06-11, 10:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I can't think of anyone else that can be the bachelorette... The girls on the Bachelor Pad seem to be more of the side show circus variety. There may have been a few good ones when that doctor was the bachelor, but that was five years ago.

It seems like they probably have plans for Emily to be the next Bachelorette. I thought that was weird that Emily would come on Ashley's bachelorette show to talk about her breakup. (Ashley was upstaged again on her own show by Emily) It's almost like the producers wanted to show a bit of closure there first, so that it wouldn't seem bad form for her to suddenly be the next bachelortte. She's their ace.

It's kind of like being a Princess for a day...or an instant movie star, without having to pound the pavement and deal with a-hole studio executives, etc. You get on the cover of all the celebrity magas, intereviewed by all the hollywood-related tv shows. Live in a 40 million dollar house, then go on dates that take a network studio-like connections and travel to beautiful exotic locales. I think after Emily went back to her every day life, it's quite a come down. I get the feeling that they'll probably up the level of bachelors and locales to make hers special. It was funny on the Brad Womack Bachelor show...the contrast in dates between Emily's and Chantals. They would have Chantal go into a shark tank, etc. and then flash to Emily's which were relaxing and romantic.

08-07-11, 07:11 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
Wait a sec . . . the Bachelor is up next (whoever that's gonna be - Ryan, William (nah, prolly not), Ben . . .). When that's over, they can choose the F2 or F3 to be the next 'ette. It doesn't have to be Emily.

08-07-11, 07:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
Oh, I know. I'm just guessing they probably won't have another standout... sometimes they go several seasons without a standout bachelorette.

By the way, what abuse did Chris Harrison get from fans about the whole Ashley debacle.... I haven't really kept up.

08-07-11, 11:28 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I've seen people trashing CH here and on the main board and on another board. That's really all I've heard.

So, who's pumped for the Bach Pad tomorrow night? I'd never even heard of it until I watched Brad's (2nd) season. I can't wait to see Ames again.

08-07-11, 08:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
Although, the circus like stunts that the Bachelor shows pulls, it does kind of lower the credibility of it. So, it's a double edged sword. I think that for Emily they would probably bring in more real eligible bachelors...because they seem to have a deference for her. I would like to see a show with more genuine emotion rather than people just mugging for the camera...and I think with Emily, the guys will really be fighting tooth and nail for her. I felt sorry for poor Ashley... the producers really dumped her with a lot of clowns.

I always disliked Chris Harrison before I read any thing on the baords, so I was surprised that others felt the same way.

Speaking of Ames, you know who he would be a great match for? Emily. She needs more of a nice gentlemenly guy like that than an emo emotionally immature guy like Brad Womack. Whenever Emily challenged Brad about serious issues, he would go huffing and puffing... I got the sense that Ames was pretty solid in that department. He generally took the good in a situation. I admit that the Jake and Vienna thing will be kind of interesting. I don't find the rest of the cast that attractive though.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-08-11, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
Jake and Vienna turn my stomach. Vienna is the manipulative superb!tch from hell, and Jake was such a total @$$hole to her that he actually made me feel sorry for her, which should have been impossible. As for Chris, that SOB is a spineless, ball-less two-faced phony who would sell his soul at the drop of a hat to get paid well. He would never put his overpaid @## on the line by ever standing up to the producers, no matter how evil something they had done was, and all that Bentley bull$hit was completely evil, as was how badly Jake treated Vienna. Plain and simple, Chris is no d@mn good, and when the Bachelor franchise finally goes down for the third time, he deserves to have his career go down with it.

08-09-11, 03:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
Yeah, there are times where it's not even the producers... like in the Women/Men tell all.... where he just talks out of both sides of his mouth. If you know you're kind of provoking it, at least don't be disingenous and pretend to be on some moral high ground.

By the way, this site used to have fall reality tv preview....does it still have it? I can't find it anywhere... other than the 2007 schedule.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-17-11, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
During Monday night's Bachelor Pad there was a promo for guys interested in dating the next Bachelorette. Do you think this means that they'll have back to back Batchelorettes? I'm hoping that Emily said yes. I think the producers are having a tough time picking the next Bachelor. If Ames is single, he would make a great Bachelor. I also like Ben and Ryan.

08-17-11, 10:09 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I think they'd make a special exception for Emily. She's the breakout star of that season. It might be the most applied to Bachelorette ever if guys knew in advance that it was Emily. Quite frankly the franchise needs more sex appeal... the Bachelor Pad completely lacks it. Once the Jake and Vienna saga ends... there's really not much to watch on there.

I think there needs to be more Bachelor and less Bachelorette. So, it should be back to back Bachelors.... and they should let the contestants pick who they think the bachelor or bachelorette is.... i.e. bring 3 prospects and for the first few weeks let the contestants decide who should be the bachelor/bachelorette for that season. I kind of wish that the money angle will be brought back into a romance reality show. I loved For Love or Money and the International version of Joe Millionaire (not the first one). Contestants always seem to fight for real when there's actual money on the line. Otherwise, they just mug for the camera like in Bachelor hoping to launch their celebutante career by being outrageous, rather than real.

For some reason, the guys really hated Ryan. He seemed nice, but the guys always hinted that he was a phony. I don't know if that was jealousy or there was some truth to it. The Bachelor should be Ames or some new guy that has a lot going for him so the girls will fight for real. Or have a Millionaire version of the Bachelor...bring some multimillionaire. I always thought that if they brought in a JFK Jr. type, the women would go nuts.

08-17-11, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I never understood why the guys disliked Ryan so much. He has such a positive outlook on life. Maybe they were jealous. Who knows. Ryan didn't seem fake to me but I didn't live in the house with him.

08-17-11, 10:36 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
When guys start smearing a guy's name, unfortunately it does leave a little doubt. But, there were a lot worse guys than him...so part of it might have been jealousy. That David guy was terrible. He throws another guy under the bus, insults Ashley... he always had that what did I do look in his face and never took responsibility for his actions. The funny thing is Ames was pretty positive too and the guys seem to like him... they were even clapping for him during Men tell all...whereas there was a lot of eye-rolling and guys sighing when Ryan was talking.

08-17-11, 10:47 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I didn't notice the eye-rolling. Interesting. You're right Ames had a positive outlook and the guys seemed to like him. Except for the roast where someone talked about his forehead giving birth. I couldn't get that image out of my mind for the rest of the season.

08-17-11, 11:18 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
>
>You're right Ames had a
>positive outlook and the guys
>seemed to like him. Except
>for the roast where someone
>talked about his forehead giving
>birth. I couldn't get that
>image out of my mind
>for the rest of the
>season.

lmao. Ditto!

08-17-11, 11:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I can't disagree with that . . . at all (that the guys would be lining up if they knew it was Emily).

The guys loved Ames and disliked Ryan. Both had positive attitudes. Ames was nice and likable. Ryan was chipper and bubbly like a butterfly. There's the difference IMO. I don't mean to suggest that Ryan's effeminate. He's not. It's just that he was chipper like a 12 year old girl with crush. idk, I'd prefer that over someone who's perpetually sour and miserable.

08-18-11, 07:21 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Can't wait for Emily"
I think Emily could teach a course on how to make guys fall madly for her.... she has several pet moves that work really well. There was this really pretty blonde that won the previous bachelor pad, but the guys didn't really take her seriously and didn't see her as relationship material. Sometimes, it's not only looks. The very first episode, I knew that Brad was going to pick Emily... you could see it in his eyes...but he had to say the standard Bachelor pet phrase of being "open." The producers would probably step it up and get better bachelors for her.

I think the guys think Ryan's chipper-ness is disingenous and Ames good natured-ness genuine. One thing that I noticed was that Ames was a gentleman or the cool guy in small situations even when people weren't really noticing. For instance, when they had a bunch of gloves laid out. The guys all scrambled to get the best one, but Ames just waited his turn. In relationships, those little things add up over time. Whether with the opposite sex or just with the guys. That's probably why the guys were genuinely happy for him or were on his side. Among the guys, Ames is probably one of the more successful financially, but he really never threw that around. A couple of guys always had to resume drop immediately to drop hints to Ashley that they were rich.

I would love to see them cast an actual multi-millionaire bachelor. The guy the girls should date is the producer that owns that 40 million dollar bachelor house. None of those bachelors can actually support that type of lfiestyle that makes the women fall in love. You're housed in these 40 million dollar digs, taken to hotspots that require connections of a network. And all these other girls are fighting over this one guy which make him look like the most desirable guy ever. It's like dating Leonardo Dicaprio. They're getting the Blake Lively treatment.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •