The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-10, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
Too much going on tonight not to have a thread full of what's going on. Discuss away while we watch.

Just remember you fellow peeps - I have had a wonderful time on some other great sites, but the peeps on this site right here? You all complete me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 So... Estee 07-19-10 1
   speaking of coconuts... byoffer 07-19-10 2
       RE: speaking of coconuts... mrc 07-20-10 12
 RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST qwertypie 07-19-10 3
   RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST MKitty 07-20-10 18
       RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST qwertypie 07-21-10 26
 RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST byoffer 07-19-10 4
   RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST LFJ 07-20-10 5
   Frank the Schmuck samboohoo 07-20-10 9
       RE: Frank the Schmuck mrc 07-20-10 11
           RE: Frank the Schmuck MKitty 07-20-10 19
       RE: Frank the Schmuck Round Robin 07-21-10 25
       RE: Frank the Schmuck annielynne42 07-22-10 27
           RE: Frank the Schmuck byoffer 07-22-10 28
               RE: Frank the Schmuck jbug 07-22-10 29
   RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST jbug 07-20-10 14
       RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST samboohoo 07-20-10 15
           In other news: Estee 07-20-10 17
       In case you were wondering... Estee 07-20-10 16
 RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST kathliam 07-20-10 6
   RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST byoffer 07-20-10 7
       RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST samboohoo 07-20-10 8
           on second read... byoffer 07-20-10 13
   Frank's Luggage samboohoo 07-20-10 10
 RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST Deesterman 07-20-10 20
   RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST LFJ 07-20-10 21
 *sigh* samboohoo 07-20-10 22
   RE: *sigh* woiwod 07-20-10 23
       RE: *sigh* seas72 07-20-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-10, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "So..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-10 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

About Ali's Survivor audition: was that a pass or a fail? Because I hear RussHell's on the lookout for a new Dumb Girl to partner with, and if this one's anything...

And they always need people who can't open coconuts.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-19-10, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "speaking of coconuts..."
I couldn't help noticing over and over and over on tonight's show just how smacktabulous her coconuts were.

Tahiti was really looking good on her, up until all the Frank/crying puffiness started.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-10, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: speaking of coconuts..."
I thought her mismatched bikini during the Roberto date was a bad fashion choice.

A PATCH of banana skin

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-10, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
Bachelorette or rerun of Death Comes to Town miniseries premiere. I think DCTT will win.

Always been a sucker for the Kids in the Hall gang.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-20-10, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
I watched the whole Death Comes to town series last fall..it was smacktabulous (and very weird..but in a funny way!!)

Summarized by the Capn!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-10, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
So did we, but we missed a few minutes here and there dealing with the kidlets the first go-around. Mr. Qwerty and I have giggle fits when the world is shown through Rampop's eyes. Very illuminating.

07-19-10, 10:56 PM (EST)
4. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
"I just need to know that these guys are here for me, and only me"... "even while I am here for multiple of them".

I actually don't see Frank as a schmuck. If the purpose of this show is for each of them to figure things out to find the right partner, then that is what he has done. Just because he didn't choose Ali, doesn't make him a schmuck (maybe it actually makes him better!).

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-20-10, 05:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
This way, he will sail off into the reality tv sunset, and be forgotten. He can have his impending identity crisis UTR instead of in the tabloids, ala Vienna and What's-his-name. Ali can be grateful for that much at least.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-10, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Frank the Schmuck"
Frank is definitely an "edited schmuck." I agree with you about the purpose of being there and, if Frank had unresolved feelings for Nicole, then yes, it is best that it happened now than later. However, last night was the first time I think I found myself not liking Frank at all.

IMO, Frank is an incomplete story. And this whole scene with Nicole simply verifies that. I wish we knew more about what happened with Frank in his past: Why did his relationship with Nicole end? Why did Frank really leave his job and go to Paris? Why is Frank really still living with his parents? Etc. I've said before that I really don't think Frank knows what he wants. Ali's stated purpose for going on the show was to find a husband? How could Frank possibly be that if he doesn't even know what he wants?

I also don't like how Frank has been the whole time about his relationship with Ali. I understand not competely opening up. I understand having reservations because she's been dating 25 other guys along the way. But this was a big unresolved part of Frank. It reminds me a little of Ali with Jake. She chose her job because Jake wasn't the "sure thing." Perhaps Frank chose Nicole because Ali wasn't the "sure thing."

There was something completely odd about that whole Nicole story. He has to go to Chicago to "find her." She obviously knew he was coming. It was just weird and odd to me.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-10, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Frank the Schmuck"
According to DW, Frank is emotionally needy and suffers from low self-esteem. She also thinks he is emotionally manipulative, both with Ali and Nicole. (Nicole seems pretty needy herself, IMHO.)

For me, Frank just comes across as whiny. And fashion challenged, which offends me as a metrosexual male.

A Slice of Manga

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-20-10, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Frank the Schmuck"
Yeah, I agree. What the heck is the back story with Frank and why did he hide it? Or, is he really that emotionally screwed up and needed something significant for him to open his eyes and look at really is going on with his life. And, how awkward was that scene with Nicole?

Can you imagine that phone call from the producers "hey, Nicole, we know about you and we will have a camera crew over at your house in a couple of hours. Clean up your apartment and put on some make up. Oh, and here is your script!

Summarized by the Capn!

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-21-10, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Frank the Schmuck"
Regarding Ali choosing her job over Jake, the only sure thing there is that she's damn lucky she did that, because had she stayed and he picked her, she would have been the one instead of Vienna to find out how much of a self-absorbed butthole Jake is. She potentially saved herself a boatload of grief there.

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-22-10, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Frank the Schmuck"
>Frank is definitely an "edited schmuck."
> I agree with you
>about the purpose of being
>there and, if Frank had
>unresolved feelings for Nicole, then
>yes, it is best that
>it happened now than later.
> However, last night was
>the first time I think
>I found myself not liking
>Frank at all.
>
>IMO, Frank is an incomplete story.
> And this whole scene
>with Nicole simply verifies that.
> I wish we knew
>more about what happened with
>Frank in his past:
>Why did his relationship with
>Nicole end? Why did
>Frank really leave his job
>and go to Paris?
>Why is Frank really still
>living with his parents?
>Etc. I've said before
>that I really don't think
>Frank knows what he wants.
> Ali's stated purpose for
>going on the show was
>to find a husband?
>How could Frank possibly be
>that if he doesn't even
>know what he wants?
>
>I also don't like how Frank
>has been the whole time
>about his relationship with Ali.
> I understand not competely
>opening up. I understand
>having reservations because she's been
>dating 25 other guys along
>the way. But this
>was a big unresolved part
>of Frank. It reminds
>me a little of Ali
>with Jake. She chose
>her job because Jake wasn't
>the "sure thing." Perhaps
>Frank chose Nicole because Ali
>wasn't the "sure thing."
>
>There was something completely odd about
>that whole Nicole story.
>He has to go to
>Chicago to "find her."
>She obviously knew he was
>coming. It was just
>weird and odd to me.
>
>
>
>>"navy"] Samboobree, brought to life
>by Arkie

What's completely odd about the whole Frank/Nicole story is it's a bunch of BS to spice up this boring show! Ali jumping all over the other 2 guys & jumping in the sack with them & then crying 'cause she doesn't get to do it with Frank........puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! This should be the last season of this phony show. How many of you girls out there could love all over & take turns with more then one guy. Maybe, you guys could, but decent women aren't programmed that way! It's all for the ratings......reality my "A"! A nobody becoming a somebody in the Celebrity world. She, sure, won't win an academy award.....what a phony! And looking for a husband......she's, too, immature.....needs to grow up!

07-22-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Frank the Schmuck"
How many of you girls out there could love all over & take turns with more then one guy. Maybe, you guys could, but decent women aren't programmed that way!

Man, do I feel ripped off.

All along I didn't realize that being a guy meant I wasn't "programmed" to be decent (and monogomous).

All those wasted years!!

I am programmed to lvoe all of the RTVW peeps - so some decency has escaped me!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-10, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Frank the Schmuck"
lurve lurve lurve lurve lurve

there, feel good?

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-10, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
I think I was thinking along these lines last nite too.

It was okay for Ali to leave Jake for a job - and after he had sent many other women home. I can't remember how many were left when she chose to leave....
But for Frank to chose a previous love over Ali?

I do think he could have figured it out sooner and not stayed to the final 3 tho....
& I agree too with someone below (Boo??
what caused them to break up? lots of whys around Frank...

Makes me wonder if the producers don't choose at least a few men who they know have relationships or at least have recent relationships that might cause a bit more drama for the show.

07-20-10, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
The Frank/Nicole scene was so weird and odd and staged-looking that I actually wondered if Frank was a hired actor to produce drama.

07-20-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "In other news:"
The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains.

07-20-10, 01:32 PM (EST)
16. "In case you were wondering..."
Makes me wonder if the producers don't choose at least a few men who they know have relationships or at least have recent relationships that might cause a bit more drama for the show.

...that was the soft, subtle sound of Catching On.

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-20-10, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
Even though I knew what was going to happen on last night's show, I had to watch it play out.

Roberto is just about the yummiest thing I've seen in some time. It's not just the dimples (although I'm a sucker for 'em) or the soulful eyes. He just seems to be the whole package. I'm working on DH's permission to apply if Ali turns him down and Roberto becomes the next bachelor (sigh).

Last night was the first time I understood all the Chris lurve. He's pretty fine in his own right. A little shyness can be attractive in a man, especially one so good looking. Ali could do a lot worse.

Which brings us to Frank. Oh, Frank, where do I start? He states he hasn't spoken with his ex-gf for 'a couple of months' but has to check to make sure he doesn't still have feelings for her before giving himself completely to Ali? Methinks he should have determined that before he went on The Bachelorette, but okay, I'll give him a pass that he thought he was over her. At least he was a little more honest than Justin, who went on the show having not one but two ladies at home who thought they had his heart. But I digress.

Even giving Frank the benefit of the doubt that he thought he had gotten over his feelings for his ex-gf when he applied, there was still something weird about their exchange. Something a little desperate about the whole thing. It was as though Frank, who has been, well, frank, about his doubts that Ali was into him, decided to go with the sure thing. Bird in the hand and all that. I felt no long lost love vibe from either of them.

And, if he was going to Tahiti just to tell Ali he was leaving, why all the luggage? A backpack with a change of underwear would suffice, imho. I know, I know, it's all in the editing and as far as we know the Chicago meet happened out of sequence, but it just stood out for me.

I wonder which is the horse race to watch - whether Ali and the hunk-of-her-choice or Frank and Nicole break up first. I've become so jaded about this show, and this season was spoiled in the mainstream media so I didn't even need to read the other sites. It's all an entertaining trainwreck at this point.

I've been cap'n'd

Guess I had more to say than I thought, huh?

07-20-10, 08:46 AM (EST)
7. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
I felt no long lost love vibe from either of them.

This is where I am not sure I agree with you. Ali's initial emotions seemed more sad than mad. Could she have thought he was the one? Her emotion turned to anger (IMO for the cameras), but then when Frank was walking away she went back to being very broken up. All that puffiness can't lie. So maybe she really did have a "love vibe" for him.

Hard to tell, since we don't get the same situation for the other guys. Her reaction with the other guy who left (Rated-R) was very different - she went straight to mad and never really seemed upset.

07-20-10, 09:22 AM (EST)
8. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
I think Kath meant no lost love feelings between Frank and Nicole.

07-20-10, 11:38 AM (EST)
13. "on second read..."
...you are correct.

And in that case I agree that the connection seemed weird. The whole "you complete me" thing was so 1996.

07-20-10, 09:40 AM (EST)
10. "Frank's Luggage"
I thought about that too, and I think it's still that Frank doesn't really know what he wants. He secured the sure thing back in Chicago with Nicole, but I think part of him wanted Ali to choose him. And I have to wonder if she had said, "Frank, it's you," if he would have then gone and broken up with Nicole again.

I think he's a nervous breakdown waiting to happen.

Deesterman 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-20-10, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deesterman Click to send private message to Deesterman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
I'll just say what I think is...obvious.

It's a reality TV program, the most surreally-unrealistic setting to form any kind of relationship, let alone a potential marriage. The contestants are primarily in it for money and fame. I think there has only been 1 successful relationship in all the years of the show (Trista and Ryan).

Frank is the most sensible, most realistic of all of Ali's "suitors." He was looking for some exposure, and he was a little surprised that he actually liked Ali and saw the potential for a future with her.

Which confused and scared him, because she *could* potentially choose someone else.

I don't think Frank will end up with Nicole (it's just a dramatic turnaround), but I think he's very smart to run, run away as fast as he can get from the show and the potential marriage. I wish some of the other men, particularly from last year, were as smart and sensible as Frank.

It's pretty funny to me that Ali continues to state that the men must be there for "her," that they must be loyal. And then she'll end up picking only one of them. Duh! Who wants to be left out?

Frank quit the job rather than be fired by Ali, the big boss.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-20-10, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ep 8: July 19 - ECST"
Geez, Deesterman,

You were nice to Frank.

I still believe from watching Frank, that he is having a gender identity crisis. My reasons for saying it? Everything is just a little off with Frank. Did I read or hear that he went to law school? It doesn't really matter. What matters is that he is a grown man who is not really engaged (strongest sense of the word) in anything. He wanders Europe? He works in "Sales"? He lives with his parents? His fashion sense is just a teeny bit - shall we say effeminate (sp) He wants to be on the Bachelorette, and when it comes time for intimacy, he finds an excuse not to be alone for a night with Ali. His mother did everything she could to encourage Ali when she knew there was another love interest for Frank? None of it makes sense. Unless you factor in something Frank did not want to play out in the media. He probably went to Tahiti because of his contract - the producers had to milk all of the drama out of the situation that they could.

I agree that everyone is in it for notoriety and money. I don't think Frank wants notoriety, however short-lived it might be.

07-20-10, 05:11 PM (EST)
22. "*sigh*"
Or *drool* rather, over Chris. After last night, how could she not pick him. OMH, he was so funny and so cute. I saw and felt more of a "realness" with their date. With Roberto, it's more fantasy. With Chris, it's more real.

I love how he drops little curse words here and there, and the whole Fantasy Suite was just hilarious.

Chris is wicked perfect!

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-20-10, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: *sigh*"
I agree with your analysis of Chris L and Roberto. I think Chris is by far the most mature and real. Roberto is georgeous as can be and seems a nice guy. I still hope for Chris.
As for the Frank thing.....My opinion is that Frank was honestly confused. I have dated men and liked them but still wondered about past relationships, as I am sure all of you have done at some time. A person wonders if things could have been different. As for the scene with Frank and Nicole, he had obviously gone there on the QT and then told the producers that he wanted to go back to Nicole and because of his contract they had to do an re-enactment and she had probably never been in front of a camera and had to read her lines.
I think Frank tried really hard to be honest and fair. As for the luggage, he had not been home to leave his stuff so had to take it with him.
That's my opinion on the whole thing, for what it is worth!

seas72 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-20-10, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seas72 Click to send private message to seas72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: *sigh*"
I'm curious if Ali planned on keeping Frank around for the final 2 had the situation with him Nicole not happened. Would she have sent Chris home instead?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •