The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jason what a fool"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

snownow 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-03-09, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snownow Click to send private message to snownow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jason what a fool"
Molly will be a bigger fool if she has anything to do with Jason. Second choice hmmm! He apparently cannot make a commitment to anyone. He should have been this dramatic after Deanna. Worst bachelor ever! Even Brad was a better bachelor!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jason what a fool jbug 03-03-09 1
   RE: Jason what a fool byoffer 03-03-09 3
       RE: Jason what a fool Snidget 03-03-09 4
 RE: Jason what a fool redheaded_sweetheart 03-03-09 2
   RE: Jason what a fool JessicaRN 03-03-09 5
       RE: Jason what a fool KMan 03-03-09 6
           RE: Jason what a fool mindy23 03-03-09 7
       RE: Jason what a fool snownow 03-04-09 14
 RE: Jason what a fool woiwod 03-03-09 8
   RE: Jason what a fool qwertypie 03-04-09 13
   RE: Jason what a fool PsychoKitty 03-06-09 25
 The "trash Jason" thread AyaK 03-03-09 9
 RE: Jason what a fool byoffer 03-03-09 10
 A lesson the show should learn TulsaFan 03-03-09 11
   RE: A lesson the show should learn sunatnite 03-06-09 23
 RE: Jason what a fool Snidget 03-03-09 12
 RE: Jason what a fool deb wee 03-04-09 15
 RE: Jason what a fool Snidget 03-05-09 16
 RE: Jason what a fool Loree 03-05-09 17
 RE: Jason what a fool Loree 03-05-09 18
 RE: Jason what a fool byoffer 03-05-09 19
   RE: Jason what a fool LeftPinky 03-05-09 20
       RE: Jason what a fool byoffer 03-05-09 21
 RE: Jason what a fool sunatnite 03-06-09 22
   RE: Jason what a fool crs3192 03-08-09 27
 POST REMOVED Bebo 03-06-09 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jason what a fool"
Makes a person wonder what broke up his first marriage.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I think this is an important point, jbug. The show (especially Jason's first season) has been edited to make him out to be a sympathetic character. Poor single guy dad.

In my experience, understanding why someone has been divorced is very important. When my ex left me, I kicked myself for not digging deeper into understanding why she had been divorced previously.

Although the whole show was very staged, I think that Melissa was correct in asking Jason where his commitment was. Marriage isn't easy - work for it!

I suspect anyone would feel a culture shock coming down from the honeymoon environment that this show presents, full of exotic trips and excursions, and without jobs. Hello, real life is not like that. Did Jason go through that culture shock and blame Melissa, while in his heart remembering all the good times with Molly. Guess what Jason - Molly's real life isn't like that show either!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jason what a fool"
Yep, I think the honeymoon is over once the show ends and the glamour is gone and you have to deal with real life may be more of why he had a change of heart than he really chose the wrong person.

It will be interesting to see if real life with anyone will feel enough like the show to work for him.

I dunno, I didn't really watch the season, just the finale, but I got the suspicion that he may be more in love with love than he is actually looking for a marriage. Everything is great while the high is going on, but that high is not what makes forever work. I know a lot of people that as soon as the high is gone they think that means they fell out of love and need to find someone else.

That high doesn't last forever. Being in an emotionally charged highly artificial show pretty much will put anyone into that high on love state. Sure some people can resist that, but if you come into the situation looking for love they do everything they can to manufacture that love-high.

Now I dunno if he got divorced because he ran out of the "honeymoon" time with wife #1, but give the age of the kid that could easily be part of it.

I do think he doesn't really know what deep lasting love is, so may be chasing the high rather than really looking for who can I commit myself to even when things don't feel all good and giddy.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I am SO upset with this outcome. I understand the whole concept of "you can't help who you fall in love with". What you can do though, is control how you deal with it. If Jason was that conflicted, he shouldn't have proposed at all. Since he did propose and changed his fickle little mind, he should have had the cojones to break up with Melissa before going on national television!

As for Brad, can't we all just give him a break?! I always liked him and respected him for his honesty. He did not fall in love and did not pretend to love someone for the show. I don't think that makes him the worst bachelor ever. I think it makes him a pretty stand up guy!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-09, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jason what a fool"
In light of all of the failed "engagements" from this show, I think Brad is beginning to look better and better. It had to take a lot of guts right at that moment not to propose. I can see how anyone could get swept up in the fantasy that is created for this show, but at least Brad was realistic and gutsy enough to realize that he couldn't and shouldn't propose.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jason what a fool"
Why does the show always have to end with a proposal? It's obvious in so many cases that the couple won't get married (e.g., Matt and Shayna), so why do they bother? They should just agree to keep seeing each other to see where the relationship goes.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-09, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I'm not a fan of these reality dating shows, either. But I had to see what this hoopala was all about, so I taped the finale and the 'after the rose' thingy, and watched this morning.

I agree with what most of you have said. This show sets up the last 3 or 4 people up for nothing but heartache and humiliation. Not to mention the stress of feeling that, after being wined and dined by a national television network, they have to 'pull their end' and do the deed-fall in love, propose, live happily ever after, etc.

Who in real life does that? How many of us met an amazing person at an adventurous location, was wined and dined at someone else's expense, took tours, went on locations that were off the map, felt the romance of the moment, then jumped into a life-long relationship? Relationships that last are HARD! They don't start out easy, and they don't end easy! And the hardest part is what happens in between!!

IMHO, this is THE fakey-ist show on TV! And the fact that there are people putting their hearts, emotions, and a THREE YEAR OLD CHILD on the line, just sickens me.

I never saw the other seasons, so I have no one to compare Jason or the other girls to. But just from seeing him today, I agree that he is in love with love, and thinks from his nether-regions instead of his brain OR heart!! And the heck with the kid. He comes off as an amazing dad, but you don't put your child through that many relationships if you really care about them! SORRY! But time to grow up, get your act together, take your time, and maybe even WAIT until your son is in high school and can fend for himself before you even think about getting this deeply involved again!!!!

snownow 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snownow Click to send private message to snownow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I agree with you Brad had guts,that said alot about him. At least he didn't give someone hope and then say "oh whoops I think I made a mistake, I like someone else" I noticed all through this episode he had a difficult time making a decision and that said alot about him. And cry he cried over everything! Don't get me wrong I do like a man to show his sensitive side but he was a little overboard.

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I think a lot of you people are being to hard on Jason. He was obviously very confused over the whole thing. Just because a person goes on a TV show doesn't make them a loser. I think he honestly felt he was doing the right thing with both the proposal and the breakup I think he chose Melissa in the first place based a lot on what Deanna said and did you all notice how much Melissa looks like Deanna. I saw Jason on Jimmy Kimmel last night and he said Melissa knew before the TV show what was going to happen, and that is probably why she was so grumpy looking when she came on. He also said that he and Molly are going at their own pace, good for them. I hope they find that their love is the real thing.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jason what a fool"
What upsets me most is that his son is in the mix. Maybe I am projecting, but I would expect that any single parent would be much more cautious about getting engaged.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-06-09, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I agree with you. He seems to be a genuine person who is trying to do the right thing. Unfortunately he might have made the wrong choice at first, and that choice is being made in a very artificial setting. It sounds like cracks started to show soon after the show was over, and he knew it wouldn't work out. Too bad his son was introduced to her already. . .

Hopefully his love for Molly is true and not infatuation. And hopefully he is capable of a mature relationship. Only time will tell. I did have to laugh at Jimmy Kimmel though - that was a great interview, and I laughed out loud when Jimmy couldn't contain himself and burst out laughing "oh no you won't" when Jason said he thought he and Melissa would be friends, and eventually she could attend his and Molly's wedding if there ever was one. That was hilarious!

I will them good luck. And again, only time will tell!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "The "trash Jason" thread"
Feel free to post on this thread to trash Jason.

03-03-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jason what a fool"
Yes, Jason was a fool. Or maybe he just didn't have the right friends to help him. Maybe what he needed was access to George Costanza.

"Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

TulsaFan 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TulsaFan Click to send private message to TulsaFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "A lesson the show should learn"
They spare no expense on fantasy. Why don't they require the finalists and the bachelor/bachelorette do what other couples contemplating getting engaged do - meet with a counselor. Or take some basic inventory tests to see if they have changed from the initial screening, and if they are making a quality decision in a fantasy setting.

sunatnite 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sunatnite Click to send private message to sunatnite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: A lesson the show should learn"
hear, hear

03-03-09, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jason what a fool"
bump

deb wee 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deb%20wee Click to send private message to deb%20wee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I am so discusted with the out come of the show. I have watched every episode and i thought he would pick the one he would be with forever. But i guess i was wrong he picked the one i and alot of other people was for but he should have never picked her if he was having second thoughts. when he took it so bad when he sent molly home and started filling like there was going to be something there then he should have never proposed to melissa, that would have been a whole lot easier on her. i think that dwelling on how deAnna did him is nothing to the way he did melissa but i hope he gets everything he could eva want w molly.

03-05-09, 06:31 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Jason what a fool"
bumping up the open threads.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-09, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I think even Chris Harrison is starting to throw Jason under the bus. On GMA this morning Chris was answering the remarks that Jason has been saying he had to do everything the way he did because he was under contract to do it that way. He had to propose, he had to break up with Melissa on camera. Chris said this is not the former Soviet Union and Jason did not have to do anything he didn't want to. That was Jason's choice. Chris said we have had alot of bachelors who did not propose or gave friendship rings. And alot of them chose to break up off camera. Jason chose to do it this way and now he is blaming ABC and his contract.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-09, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jason what a fool"
Melissa was on The Ellen Show. She said she will never be friends with Jason and Molly because she does not need people with their character in her life. LOL!

Melissa said that she knew Jason and her were not going to work out and she assumed they were doing the show and going to talk about it not working out. She knew that Jason had contacted Molly once for sure and he had said he was just checking on how Molly was. But Melissa was sure he was in contact with her more than that but he always denied it. She even asked him before they did ATFR if Molly was the reason and he said it was not. She asked him if she was going to be blindsided by anything because they had moved up the taping and it made her wonder why. Jason told her she was not going to be blindsided and it was not anything about Molly. After they got out on the couch Jason leaned over and tapped her leg and said "PS it is because of Molly". That is when Melissa said she called him a b@stard.

Melissa is now dating a man named Ty that she has known for 2 years and dated off and on. They showed a photo of him and Melissa together. She is happy with him.

03-05-09, 02:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I am surprised there hasn't been more in the news from Jason's ex through all this.

I did find this article
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272625224.shtml

She certainly is attractive:

Anyone found anything else from her that might shed light?

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-05-09, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jason what a fool"
In the article, she's described as "sharp as a tack" either that developed later or she figured him out pretty quickly. She has shown some class by not getting her own 15 minutes all over the airwaves.

03-05-09, 11:00 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I am wondering if "sharp as a tack" is what scared Jason away from Hillary, and then Jillian. Maybe even Melissa once he got to know her.

sunatnite 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sunatnite Click to send private message to sunatnite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jason what a fool"
And now ABC is the BIGGER fool for having Jillian as the next Bachelorette - we go from the last Bachelorette who is now going for Jason who cannot decide who he wants, coming from another relationship which left him with a child and divorce, into a woman who has 'never had a good relationship' - who looks like she just wants her 15 minutes of fame and will be worse than the last Bachelorette - Pleeze - I used to like the show, but it's steadily losing my interest, and I'm definitely not watching the one with Jillian - she just looks ike a gold-digger who wants to lick her wounds with 25 hot guys... killing yet another poor heart.

I feel bad for Mel - she was one of the best on the show, and Jason is going to be like DeAnna - maybe even going back on Jillian's episode -

Please ABC - start fresh, instead of all these people licking their wounds and trying to get even with someone new on national TV

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-09, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Jason what a fool"
I'm surprised to hear someone say that about Jillian! I personally loved her on the show. Why do you think she is just a gold digger?

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "POST REMOVED"
This is the place to talk about The Bachelor, not to troll for other sites/blogs.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •