The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boy the woman are so skinny and token black girl........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

asianflow 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-23-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boy the woman are so skinny and token black girl........"
Even with this season having older woman in their 30's I'm amazed at how skinny all the woman are. I wonder in future editions if the producers would select heavy set woman let's say one's that weigh over 170pds.

Also it's a running joke that the token black girl(s) always make it past the first cut because the Bachelor doesn't want to look racist but always doesn't make it past the 2nd cut. I'm willing to bet my life savings the black girl this season won't make it far enough to make it to the home town dates. I wonder why do the producers always do this? Is it for PC reasons? I feel like they should ask the Bacherlor if they're seriously are intersted in marrying somebody of another race, if not don't select them.

I'm wondering when are we going to see an Asian or Black Bachelor?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and... Lasann 09-23-04 1
   RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and... Ben 01-13-06 2
       RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and... missygirl3 01-13-06 3
           RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and... freakusmaximus 01-13-06 4
 Skinny women? RollDdice 01-13-06 5
   RE: Skinny women? Sues 01-14-06 6
       RE: Skinny women? RollDdice 01-15-06 7
           RE: Skinny women? Sues 01-15-06 8
               RE: Skinny women? goldie1000 01-17-06 9
                   RE: Skinny women? RollDdice 01-18-06 10
                       interacial dating boomerang 01-24-06 13
                           RE: interacial dating RollDdice 01-26-06 14
                   RE: Skinny women? Addi 01-18-06 11
                       WARNING - Addi Bebo 01-18-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and token black girl........"
That would be great Asianflow. As a caucasian woman I hope that I can say this without being labeled, however, here goes. The caucasian men in the country couldn't handle too many white women kissing an Asian or Black man, or heaven forbid, lusting for them.

Ben 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-13-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and token black girl........"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 09:48 AM (EST)

Actually, I am a white male and to be honest I could care less if a white women is paired up with a black male or an asian male.

What I have experienced though, is white women being extremely jealous and I use the word extremely very carefully, but it seems to be the reality with what I have experienced when I have decided to date attractive black women.

my2cents

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-13-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and token black girl........"
I wonder why race is even an issue? Why is the term "token black girl" even used? I am so tired of everything on TV being "racist" because a black or asian contestant was not chosen. Can we please talk about something else??

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-13-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Boy the woman are so skinny and token black girl........"
interestingly enough, the black girl- Princess- didnt make it past the first round- and she didnt really seem to care either

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
5. "Skinny women?"
...I'm amazed at how skinny all the woman are. I wonder in future editions if the producers would select heavy set woman let's say one's that weigh over 170pds.

On average those women didn't strike me as being "skinny". The Bachelorettes are generally a cross-section of attractive and outgoing women who want to go on a television show to find a husband (or further their DAW careers).

And not to be insensitive, but a Bachelor that featured heavy set women would be a ratings disaster of biblical proportions.

How many people would be watching if the Bach was a 5'5" 250 pound plumber from Scranton, PA. {my apologies in advance to the overweight, plumbers and the fine state of Pennsylvania.}

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Skinny women?"

I've seen the same thing on The Bacherlorette. I'm thinking they must ask all those questions...but maybe they don't get honest answers? Who knows...but I'd be game for an African American, Asian, Indian, whatever Bachelor as long as he's easy on the eyes... ~

Which brings me to the weight issue....of course we want to see pretty people, if we were looking for reality, we'd turn the TV off and play strip poker with our spouses...

Why should I believe you?

01-15-06, 01:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Skinny women?"

Why? Because I am honest, forthright, reverent, like walks in the rain and Piņa Coladas. I hold the RTVW 2005 Seal of Snarkiness (2nd runner up) and a black belt in sarcasm.

I have a rough exterior, but below that is a compassionate heart. And below that is parking.

Hope that answered your question.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Skinny women?"
Do you get a trophy for that? swweeeeet....

I think having an honest, forthright Bachelor would be refreshing....

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-17-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Skinny women?"
I would think before they even choose the girls, they would ask the bachelor about his preferences. They want him to have a decent selection, to his liking. So if there is no fat girls, then obviously he doesn't like fat girls. OR colored girls for that matter.

Handcrafted by Tribephyl

01-18-06, 02:47 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Skinny women?"
So if there is no fat girls, then obviously he doesn't like fat girls. OR colored girls for that matter.

Believe me, the Bachelor and all of the women have been interviewed, questioned and profiled. Choosing Casting Bachelorettes isn't about what he likes... (this isn't a dating service, it's an entertainment program)... it's about a cross-section of women that will include some of his preferences.

"Fat girls" don't bring in great ratings and ABC is not about to get involved with interacial dating, so the deck is not stacked that way.

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
13. "interacial dating"
"...ABC is not about to get involved with interacial dating..."

Did you catch "Desparate Housewives" Sunday?
(black man in a white girl's bedroom) Of course, that show is fiction, but television keeps pushing the envelope, so I expect to see the "real" thing shortly.

01-26-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: interacial dating"
"...ABC is not about to get involved with interacial dating..."

Let me clarify. I have nothing against interacial dating, same sex dating, etc. (But I do draw the line at cross-species.)

ABC wants the highest ratings possible and does not want to offend anyone. The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchises are not supposed to court any controversy or complaints, even from small-minded people or groups.

OTOH, Desperate Housewives is a comedy/drama that thrives on a number of steamy or "outrageous" story arcs. That particular situation will play out over its allotted 1-3 episodes and be done.

If anyone is going to do an interacial dating show like the Bachelor, my money would be on Fox.
(When dancing with celebrities isn't dangerous enough, jack it up with ice skating and the possibility of crippling injuries!)

Addi 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-18-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Skinny women?"
who says "colored" these days.... that's not PC at all

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
12. "WARNING - Addi"
If you think a poster's comments fall outside of this community's guidelines, then please alert the moderators. The steps on how to do that are listed in the guidelines. But do not take it upon yourself to criticize another poster for word choice - that is not permitted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •