The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bachelorette Upset"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

HauteCoutureGirl 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bachelorette Upset"
I have to say I'm disgusted by the way the live portion of the show was handled. That Chris guy is such a jerk. Yes, I'm disappointed that Jen never got her "fairy-tale" ending, but you know what? Good for her. It takes a lot of strength to be able to say no when everyone is pushing you for a yes. I'm even more disappointed in myself for tuning in every week to watch this particular round of the Bachelorette that culminated in all the cheapness and betrayal that truly is at the core of reality TV. I'm just sorry I got sucked into this madness. At the end of the day, who comes out the winner in all of this?? Certainly not John Paul, who, while kind of a jerk in the first place, never really saw it coming (and now has to see it over and over again plastered across half of America's television sets). Certainly not Jerry, who will, undoubtedly, be getting lots of ##### but will never get Jen's heart as a result of this. Certainly not Jen, who, while acquiring a gorgeous new wardrobe and some quality picture-perfect TV exposure, will now be hated by both men and women all over America for wasting a perfectly good opportunity and breaking a few too many hearts. And certainly not the viewer who feels cheated and ashamed of her succumbing to the absurdity that is reality TV. So who comes out the winner in all this? I'm sorry to say Chris, the #####, who gets paid for this #####, and the network, who supports this shenanigan. So out of line was Chris's constant badgering and prying into the one thing that Jen had tastefully managed to keep private- her sex life. I can't stand anyone who benefits from or so thoroughly enjoys making other people squirm. The nerve of that guy....

But then I realize that I am attempting to rationalize the irrational and reason with the unreasonableness that reality TV thrives on. And again, I feel duped and defeated for ever watching this junk.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bachelorette Upset KScott 03-01-05 1
   Shark chum BriarRosie 03-01-05 6
       RE: Shark chum HauteCoutureGirl 03-01-05 7
           RE: Shark chum volsfan 03-01-05 8
           RE: Shark chum BriarRosie 03-01-05 10
 RE: Bachelorette Upset frisky 03-01-05 2
 RE: Bachelorette Upset volsfan 03-01-05 3
   RE: Bachelorette Upset woiwod 03-01-05 4
 RE: Bachelorette Upset HauteCoutureGirl 03-01-05 5
   RE: Bachelorette Upset frisky 03-01-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Bachelorette Upset"
I guess this means you won't be watching "The Bachelor" then huh?!?!?

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-01-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
6. "Shark chum"
I see it as a bunch of hours out of my life that I'll never
ever get back. Ugh. Of course, like any train wreck, people
are compelled to keep watching, right?

This program jumped the shark for me, and I've decided that
I no longer need to watch it as "The Bachelor" or "The
Bachelorette".

I wonder how the Charlie O'Connell season ratings will be?
Will the ratings drop considerably enough to make this the
final season?

Hmm, I still have four reality shows to watch.

03-01-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Shark chum"
Exactly.

And taking a famous actor into a situation like this is an almost dead giveaway that the show is officially baloney. I for one am done with Reality TV.

...Except of course when Bravo finds the next Jay and Austin for round 2 of Project Runway. Now that is what I call a fulfilling waste of time - entirely worth the accumulation of future hours that have yet to be spent watching it.

...And maybe the rest of this season's the Real World, at least until they're off my home turf - Philadelphia

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Shark chum"
Why don't you come over to the Real World forum and discuss the show with us? We have a good time. However, I must say that I am put out with Real World the same way you are with this show. URGH!

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-01-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Shark chum"
Abandon reality TV? For me, not yet. I did give myself
a breather on the previous "Survivor".

I'm watching "American Idol", tonight's premiere of "The Amazing
Race", "Survivor", and "The Apprentice".

Of course, I also went a little crazy with the "Be the ___"
games on various threads. Currently, I'm Janu on "Survivor",
Kendra on "The Apprentice", and Paula Abdul on "American Idol".

I've become a DAW within a DAW forum. Bwahahahaha!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Bachelorette Upset"
Cheated and ashamed, duped and defeated? Not me. It's just TV. Instead of getting so emotionally affected by the shows, why don't you channel these negative emotions into something positive like bashing? Bashing is fun.

Your post is more a bash at yourself for watching and for getting sucked in than it is a bash at the show itself.

To learn more about the fine art of bashing, you should lurk on the Survivor Bashers board. You'll learn from the best. Bashing is a great outlet. It's healthy and therapeutic. By bashing, you channel your feelings of guilt and shame into funny displays of ridicule and mockery.

*sigh* Good times.

As The Blog Turns.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Bachelorette Upset"
I think you take this far to personal. It is a reality TV show! Also, you talk like Jen is the victim here...um...she went on a television show to find love? Give me a friggen break! I agree with Frisky...channel your energy to bash these idiots like they should bashed!

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-01-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Bachelorette Upset"
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!

03-01-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Bachelorette Upset"
Okay, sorry if I'm being too harsh in my criticism for this board to handle. You're right, I am more annoyed with myself for expecting more out of ABC. I think throughout all of this I have been trying to place myself in these people's situations. It's been especially easy to slip inside the roll Jen played in all of this. I can't help but think that, yeah, these people signed contracts and gave away certain privileges in agreeing to do this show, but does that make them any less real people with real feelings and real lives that existed way before this show even began and that will continue long after this show has been off the air? Should that make us any less susceptible to the kind sympathy warranted them and anyone for that matter whom the media exploits? I don't know.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Bachelorette Upset"
Yes and yes.

As The Blog Turns.
*headbutt*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •