The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If you were to apply for The Mole..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-08, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If you were to apply for The Mole..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-08 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Scenario. Let's say that somehow ABC greenlights The Mole 6, and you apply for the next season of the Mole.

If you applied, would you want them to pick you to be the Mole? Could you pull it off? If you were selected, what would be your strategy?

Personally, I would love to be selected as the Mole. Being the Mole would be great, because it would guarantee that I could stay to the end and not have to worry about the executions. I get a little tense watching the executions from home, so being a legitimate player would really stress me out.

If I were the Mole, I would play the "Corbin Bernsen" obsessive fanboy type. In fact, I would emulate Mark in some degree. I've noticed that, every season, people don't really suspect these kinds of players. I would take absolutely fanatical notes and be focused on the game at all times, talking about past season examples until it drove everyone kinda crazy. I'd spend a lot of time second-guessing myself to death, which might be useful in some of the sabotages.

This would be fairly easy for me, because I am a fanboy. Not to the degree that I'd be as obsessive as Mark or Corbin (social tact for the win), but it would be easy to exaggerate it. The only problem is that I can be kinda quiet sometimes, which is often a big giveaway. A steady stream of gametalk at all times would probably do the trick.

I would especially enjoy messing with the audience at home. That would be the fun part.

It would be tough to be the Mole, but I would love every second of it. It would be fun, I think.

Pooky is the Mole.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If you were to apply for The Mo... dabo 08-12-08 1
 RE: If you were to apply for The Mo... Silvergirl1 08-13-08 2
   RE: If you were to apply for The Mo... Brownroach 08-13-08 3
 RE: If you were to apply for The Mo... qwertypie 08-13-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-08, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If you were to apply for The Mole..."
If I were picked to be the Mole I'd do a variation of "Craig Slike" strategy, just instead of playing class clown I'd play court jester and really try to mess with everyone's heads. I don't care what you think as long as you're confused. That's basically what I'd do anyway if I were just a player.

Anyone picked to be the Mole need only keep in mind the number one rule for covert operatives: Never break your cover.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If you were to apply for The Mole..."

I think it would be fun to be the Mole, too, Jim.

I don't think Craig was a great mole, mainly because he was a bad actor, and I think you have to be a good actor to fool others. At one point I wondered if Mark was putting on a good act about losing his journal. That would have been great if he were actually the Mole.

I respect Nicole. She had quite a few people thinking she was the Mole.

If you really want to be the Mole, why don't you apply? That is, if they have another season.

Surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If you were to apply for The Mole..."
I didn't think Craig was a great mole either, but apparently he fooled all of the players except Paul for quite awhile, so he did something right, I guess. Maybe Craig's "bad acting" came into play more in terms of what only the audience saw, specifically his confessionals, where his connection to the game always seemed feeble. Maybe he did convince a lot of the other players that he was really there to win.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-08, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If you were to apply for The Mole..."
I think I would play a dumb blond with lots o'cleavage. I would use some of the Big Brother house guests as an inspiration.

Or maybe not. I might have too much self respect to do that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •