The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-27-08, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-08 AT 06:47 AM (EST)

We're not sure how many episodes there are, or what time of night it might air, or which night it could wind up on in the end, or anything else. Regardless, we're gonna summarize it.

Please submit your name below if you want to be considered for a summary. (If we wind up with more volunteers than episodes, one of the moderators will conduct a random draw.)

You don't need to have written a previous summary for the site to be considered for a Mole episode. However, you do need to have one thing: attention to detail. The clues can be anywhere, and spotting them followed by a sly mention in your recap is a great way to earn Prognostication Points, which only (temporarily) exist because I really felt like using the word 'prognostication' in a sentence.

Summaries should be posted within three days of the episode's original airtime.

ETA: The show premieres June 2nd, so applications will be taken through May 30th: that gives us a couple of days to get everyone lined up.

The person who draws the premiere is responsible for the introduction of the cast, explanation of how the game works for those who watched the celebrity editions and deliberately made themselves forget, plus they have to explain who the host is. As such, the premiere can look like a scary, scary place to be.

Whoever gets the finale has to explain the whole mess. That's worse.

So. Anyone remember where they left their magnifying glass?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... Bebo 05-27-08 1
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... Jims02 05-27-08 2
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... Snidget 05-27-08 3
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... mysticwolf 05-28-08 4
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... Silvergirl1 05-28-08 5
   10 episodes dabo 05-28-08 6
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... DebCapsFan 05-28-08 7
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... ARnutz 05-28-08 8
   RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... litprincess121899 05-28-08 9
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... tvgeek401 05-30-08 10
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... frodis 05-30-08 11
 Schedule. Estee 05-31-08 12
   RE: Schedule. Jims02 06-02-08 15
   RE: Schedule. DebCapsFan 06-03-08 16
   RE: Schedule. Silvergirl1 06-16-08 20
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... Snidget 05-31-08 13
 RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary... Molaholic 06-02-08 14
   How about... ARnutz 06-08-08 17
       RE: How about... Molaholic 06-08-08 18
           RE: How about... Estee 06-15-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-08, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
This Moleron better get to do a summary. Since this is my very favorite show, I need to summarize it. Given some of the dreck I've summarized along the way, I've earned it, dammit.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-08, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-08 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

That's funny. I was just thinking about posting this thread too.

Well, this is probably the only thing that could lure me out of my summary retirement, so I'm in. The Mole was the very first show I ever summarized for (Hawaii, Corbin's exit), so I'd just love the chance to do another one.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-08, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
I'm thinking about it, if all the slots go first let the long time fans rather than the new watcher take one away from them.

FWIW thefutoncritic.com seems to think there will be 10 episodes.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
I have sooo been waiting for them to come to their senses and bring this show back. Now, if they just haven't changed it enough to ruin it. *crosses fingers*

I'd like to do a summary, please.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."

I'm in! My schedule is open.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait until June 2nd.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "10 episodes"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/abc-revives-the-mole-new-non-celebrity-edition-debut-in-summer-6349.php

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-28-08, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
I love this show...I would like to do a summary. I hope they don't dumb it down too much.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-08 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

I'll throw my name into the hat, but only as an alternate if you don't get the necessary 10. I have some date restrictions, so could not do any until July 13th and after (not the finale, though, please).

*gets very excited*

I have never seen this show, but it looks like an awesome one!

litprincess121899 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-28-08, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail litprincess121899 Click to send private message to litprincess121899 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
I SO want to do this. I don't remember my old screen name on here, but the only reason I was ever on this board was to post mole stuff! the show went away and I left. When I started seeing "the mole was here" inserts on ABC I came back! My old password was even mowliemowliemowlie LOL!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-30-08, 05:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
bleh...I'd love to be able to do a summary, but my schedule is terrible over the summer and I won't get to watch shows live.

I'm applying for a new job, so that status could change, though...hopefully.

the mole returns June 2!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-30-08, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
I'd be happy to do a summary if you're still looking for volunteers.

I watched the Celebrity seasons. Both of them. I freely admit it.

Peachy sig courtesy of Arkie!

I liked them, too.

05-31-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Schedule."
Okay. Ten episodes, ten volunteers. For the ninth, the slot assignment is temporary pending her acceptance of the thing 'cause she said she might have trouble catching the airtime. (Working off the recording: fine. Being influenced by everyone who commented on the episode in the meantime: also fine, as long as you remember to give the occasional piece of credit. That makes it look like you didn't steal anything, because how could you be a thief who gives credit?)

So for the moment, we've got this:

Episode #1: 6/2: Jims02
Episode #2: 6/9: DebCapsFan
Episode #3: 6/16: Bebo
Episode #4: 6/23: Snidget
Episode #5: 3/30: Silvergirl
Episode #6: 7/7: Litprincess
Episode #7: 7/14: ARNutz
Episode #8: 7/21: Frodis
Episode #9: 7/28: TVGeek (tentative)
Episode #10: 8/4: MysticWolf

Anyone need to switch?

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-08, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Schedule."
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-08 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

Whohoo! The premiere! Definitely works for me. It's not like I haven't had the TiVo set for a week now or anything.

Pooky is the Mole.

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-03-08, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Schedule."
Next week is good for me.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-08, 06:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Schedule."

I'm okay with 6/30, but I don't know what I'll be doing on 3/30 next year.

Tribelicious, 2008

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-08, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
I noticed in the interviews Webby posted there was some indication of interactive features.

I posted over on spoilers that the questions for the first quiz are up. I don't know if people will want to use that feature if they do it every week, but it might be worth checking out for summary writing as they may be details the people on the show will be looking at to guess the mole.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-08, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Mole Season #3/(#5) Summary Sign-Up Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-08 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

I am hoping that I can get a Special Dispensation from the "Previous Summary Writer" requirement and get to have this as my 'first time'. After all, I do have the proper s/n and persona. OK, so I didn't read the original post all the way through.

Plus, this is a mile-marker post.

My schedule will be fairly open, especially after week four (June 23) -- school will be out and I'll have the time, energy, and gumption to whip out something decent.

sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

OK, so I got in too late. Maybe somebody will be kind ...

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "How about..."
You take my week and I will just be on standby if TVGeek becomes unavailable.

Ok with you, Estee?

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: How about..."
<slipping Estee a small honorarium>

06-15-08, 08:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: How about..."
I don't feel honored.

If that's what the two of you want to do, go ahead.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •