The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How does CMY compare?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How does CMY compare?"
After it's over now, how would you say Celebrity Mole Yucatan stacks up against the past seasons of The Mole? I've noticed that some people really liked the season, whereas others saw it as a disappointment.

Personally, I was somewhat disappointed by this season, for a couple reasons.

1. I think that the major reason why this series didn't seem to "connect" well was the lackluster challenges. The Mole producers obviously showed us that they are going for more goofy, fun challenges than the more traditional spy-type challenges. Creativity was really low. Donkey Rally? Chicken Fetching? Come on. I miss the old Evader Game, Three Rooms, or the Fortress one from Mole 1.

Although I do think the producers did a good job with the Still Life Game and the Pinata Party Game IMO. More interesting challenges to watch.

2. Too much emphasis on Corbin and Stephen. They just wouldn't leave it alone. I got really tired of watching them during the finale. They were OK in the first two episodes, but that's all I could take. The point of reality TV is that you get a new bunch of people. All that Stephen/Corbin dialogues made the game seem really cheesy (which it was at times).

3. I think the celebrity selections weren't too bad actually. A good group. If there were better challenges, IMO they would have been more fun to watch. They did a good job in casting Angie as the Mole. That's one of the big positives of this season.

What do you think?

A 2004 IceCat creation

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How does CMY compare? Schnookie Palookie 02-19-04 1
 RE: How does CMY compare? buckeyegirl 02-19-04 2
 RE: How does CMY compare? Loree 02-19-04 3
 RE: How does CMY compare? Chrissy gal 02-19-04 4
 RE: How does CMY compare? tvgeek401 02-19-04 5
 RE: How does CMY compare? PapaBear 02-20-04 6
 RE: How does CMY compare? I_AM_HE 02-20-04 7
 RE: How does CMY compare? memacmur 02-20-04 8
 RE: How does CMY compare? minitroll 02-22-04 9
 sucked... IceCat 02-22-04 10
 RE: How does CMY compare? Silvergirl1 02-22-04 11
 RE: How does CMY compare? Molaholic 02-22-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How does CMY compare?"

*waves* to Jims!

I lost interest with this one really fast. I still watched it but with only half an eye, the other one being on the computer.

Stephen and Corbin were fun in the last one. Again on this one? No thanks. Was pretty funny to have them booted off early LOL.

I enjoyed Dennis Rodman and would have thought he was the mole.

An IceCat Classic

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
I, for one am tired of Celebrity Mole. I wish that they would just go back to having regular people, even sans Anderson Cooper. I really enjoyed Corbin and Steven, and once they left I thought the show lost a little something. I did enjoy the cast much more this season, but I thought that last season's cast connected better.
I thought some of the challenges were really interesting, like the painting challenge, but the donkey one was just well, boring. Casting two supermodels in a row was a good idea to throw everyone off, but it would've been nice to have the mole be someone like Tracey or Dennis, two people who see too nice or too crazy to pull it off.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Bumbles to Kyngsladye for this creation. RMMW!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
I was disappointed with the challenges too. The first two regular moles and the first celebrity mole had better challenges. These were more sedate. I also miss the travelling aspect in the celebrity mole. In the regular mole they moved from place to place. I just have to admit I greatly prefer the regular version to the celebrity one.

And I was disappointed with Angie being the mole and how obvious all the clues were. I wanted it to be harder to figure out. This was my least fave of all the mole games they have done.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
I'm just glad The Mole is on TV I don't care if it is Celebrity or regular (but repeating players is a stupid idea). I am so sick of manipulated dating games and overly serious Survivor type "games", that this was a breath of fresh air to me. I always enjoy a little humor in the shows I watch. Now I am looking forward to a new season of The Amazing Race!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-19-04, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
Although this season of celebrity mole was satisfying, it lacked some of my favorite aspects of the regular editions. I enjoyed watching regular people playing the game with such intensity, which was kind of missing in the celebrity editions. I also miss the travelling and quality games during the regular editions.
Basically: regular mole is better than celebrity mole, I would rather have celebrities than nothing.

PapaBear 1428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-20-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PapaBear Click to send private message to PapaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
I think this was the worst season to date, for various reasons. Mainly:

1. I very much agree with the whole "lackluster challenges" thing. In the past episodes I always left the final challenge of the season thinking "that was pretty cool" but this time I was very disappointed. They really need to put a lot more effort into preparing these challenges and making them interesting to watch. It seems this time they went pretty low budget.

2. And it can't be said often enough - bring back the "regular" version of the mole. There was just way too much non-mole sabotage. Every challenge someone was trying to screw something up. Were these players not celebrities I think the money would mean a lot more to them and they would play the game a little harder. That way the mole would have to be subtle in his/her sabotage and make the game more fun to watch. Prior to this season, when someone messed up you wondered "was that sabotage or did they really mess up?" This time you thought "that was sabotage, is he/she the mole or just trying to look like the mole". Angie hardly had to work at being the mole - she could be extrememly blatant about what she was doing cuz everyone else was doing it too.

There were some positives though.

1. Some mole is better than no mole.

2. The casting was pretty decent. I really liked Tracy, Mark wasn't too bad, and Rodman ended up being a pretty great addition to the cast. I really didn't like Angie at all, Keisha just didn't stand out, but I did enjoy Baldwin and Bernen returning and wish they had stayed around longer. Amahad, you aren't bad, but you still don't hold a candle to Coop.

In summary, I hope that they bring back regular mole with Anderson Cooper as host and put some creativity into their challenges. Then we will once again have the best show on television.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
hmmm...i enjoyed it enough that i watched most of it (missed one ep cause i forgot, and part of another cause i got home late), but now that you mention it, the games were indeed lacking. weird, i didn't really notice it while watching. i also infinitely prefer reality TV sans celebrities, and i think that would afford more of an opportunity to return to the traditional games than a celebrity version does. i also didn't seem to mind watching it from the comp and only paying half attention to it at times, as was said above

i agree that the mole and winner were very satisfying, perhaps the biggest plusses for the season

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-20-04, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
I have two answers to that question Jims.

1) Compared to CMH, I thought this season was much better. Yes, the challenges were kind of boring/lacklustre, but with the group of celebrites they chose, I felt that the emphasis needed to be on the goofy antics of the celebrities. And they didn't disappoint.

2) Compared to regular Mole seasons: awful. No travelling between exoctic locations. No intricate games. No bleeding contestants or panicking wild boars. No bubbles. No REAL people. And of course, no Cooper

All in all, I thought they did a good job again this season, even if I'm still bitter that the clues to the mole were all 7s. Now, maybe CNN will pick up the Mole franchise, and we can have the true host back! who really wants to watch news 24 hours a day anyways...

MEmacmur

minitroll 3898 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-22-04, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
No doubt about it, Celebrity Mole can't hold a candle to the regular Mole. The challenges in this one were mostly boring, and I got tired of it being more about the so-called celebrities than it was about figuring out who was the mole. Blech. Bring back the real deal and leave the celebrities at home.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "sucked..."
... out loud!

I wasn't even remotely tempted to tune in for the last three episodes.

Truly mediocre it was...

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 03:12 AM (EST)

Bring back Super Cooper!

Whew! It's good to get that off my chest. I know he won't be back, but I sure do miss him. He's waaaay too serious on CNN.

I was not excited about this CMY. I blame it on the lackluster challenges. I liked some of the celebrities, some were boring, but Angie was a good mole. It just didn't have the great feeling regular mole has with the traveling to different locales and great physical challenges. It was as though they didn't want to tax the poor celebrities too much, or they wouldn't ever do the show again. I hope they go back to doing the regular non celebrity Mole soon.

Ahmad is just kind of bland. I think they need to find another host or hostess.

Official Mermaid Spokesperson of the A.S.S. be the Survivor Game

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How does CMY compare?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-04 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Once again Jims, you hit everything right on the head.

"Challenges" were at best lame; designed to give Curry and/or Rodman an opportunity to play the fool. Let's not make it too hard for the celebrities (someone might call for a stand-in/stuntman, heaven forbid!)

Ahmad did not add anything, just sat back on his tookas puffing away at the Cubans he was able to score. Tree Mail would have been a better way to get the players to "challenges". Anderson Cooper may not be available any more, but what about the host of Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan? But that's yet another battle.

I also really miss the travel aspect of regular Mole. Really plays into the secret agent theme of the entire game.

I really fear that the Mole, as any kind of series, is doomed. ABC tried to kill off season II (who can forget/forgive Moleus Interuptus?) I doubt any other network will pick up after such dismall 'professional' assessments.

But, stranger things have happened -- so I'll still keep my green votive candle burning (Burning Bags -- one of the best games in Mole history!) and cross my fingers.

KEEP THE FAITH ALL MOLERONS!

ETA found out the name of TAR host

FLUFFLYPILLOWS (RED POINTS)TRIBE LEADER
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •