The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-03, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
I cant say this more enough, this season of the mole has became one of my favorite reality seasons ever, and I couldn't have asked for a better finale. This really gives my hopes for another mole, and I hope they throw in more bogus clues...it makes it so much more fun!

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... Ahtumbreez 02-13-03 1
   RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... SurvivinDawg 02-13-03 2
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... Bebo 02-13-03 3
   RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... SurvivinDawg 02-13-03 4
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... Q 02-13-03 5
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... survivorscott 02-13-03 6
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... sittem 02-13-03 7
 BEST.MOLE.EVER Jims02 02-13-03 8
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... Bucky Katt 02-13-03 9
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... TourGirl 02-13-03 10
   RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... MollyTV 02-14-03 11
 RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... 712 02-15-03 12
   RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... Pushie 02-19-03 13
       RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE... Bebo 02-20-03 14
           Erik executed instead of Michael --... FFantasyFX 02-20-03 15
               RE: Erik executed instead of Michae... OKCRay 02-21-03 16
                   RE: Erik executed instead of Michae... OKCRay 03-13-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-03, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
I agree. I throughly enjoyed watching it this time around.
And good for Kathy.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
Totally agree. A great finale.

The clips of the contestants were funny, and presented well. Ahmad Rashad kept things going smoothly along. I don't know what drugs Stephen Baldwin was on, but he was definitely not sober. Kathy was her usual witty self. And Fred did do a good job being the Mole.

The only negative: I wish they'd shown who the mole was first, and then shown the winner.

It didn't detract from the finale, but the "clues" were anything but. The blow up doll Dolphin being the colors of the flag of The Netherlands? TOO subtle. The airplane I.D. letters? Unreadable, and not a good clue ("Victoria's Secret Celebrity Mole 2003" from "VSCM3"... kudos to anyone who caught THAT). Someone got the food items ("FVDWM"), though.

All in all, quite an enjoyable hour of television.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
Agreed. Excellent on so many levels.

It's nice having a show that claims we'll get an inside look deliver on that promise. Instead of merely rehashing the season, we got a lot of interesting new information. My favorite revelations: Kathy survived 2 ties to win (including a three-way tie) and that Frederique was supposed to be the cute one on the beach to allow her to get the exemption and keep the money out of the pot.

And she was a good Mole. As NotAnderson pointed out, she was personally responsible for keeping $80,000 out of the pot (which would have been $140,000 if she had had the planned role in the beach game), yet flew so under the radar that no one picked her as the Mole until the final quiz.

I liked it that we saw the winner first, because I think more of us were surprised that Kathy won than that Frederique was the Mole.

The hidden clues were stupid, for the most part, except for the first and last (WTG to one of our newer posters for catching the letters in the food!).

An entertaining hour, and a quite satisfying one IMHO. This was the one part of the show where having celebrities was an advantage, because they played it up well.

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
I liked it that we saw the winner first, because I think more of us were surprised that Kathy won than that Frederique was the Mole.

And this is why I thought they should have revealed the Mole first, and THEN the winner. Reveal Fred first (which we suspected), then the winner (who we didn't really have a clue about).

However, ABC probably thought that the Mole's identity was truly more suspenseful (hey, they're not expert spoilers and DAWs like we are! ), so they went the way they did.

I also thought it interesting that the producers thought Fred would be the one on the beach (to keep the $60,000 out of the pot). Ah, the danger of assuming....

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-13-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
Thought it was a great show. I also am glad Kathy won, and feel bad for Erik, but oh well, I don't feel that bad for him.

But Frederique? I love her, I love her, I love her.

She was a great mole.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-13-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
Mrs Survivorscott sat there after they revelealed everything and the only thing out of her mouth was "I'm shocked" about Kathy Winning. She thought there was no way she was smart enough to win.

I also enjoyed the recap of the quizes and that kathy was smart enough to go back through and list quiz questions and figure things out.

That dolphin clue sucked. Red White and Blue also happen to be the colors of the American Flag. I was surprised Das Mole had nothing to do with it.

But have you noticed that in the final game the Mole has never done anything to keep money out of the pot? they have tried hard to keep it in. Kathyrn's problem was that the guys she was with weren't smart enough to figure it out.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-13-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
I agree. I actually was very impressed with the whole presentation last night and it brought what I thought was going to be a weak six weeks to a very satisfying conclusion. They did a great job of bringing out information that we had no way of knowing. It also emphasized that it's not over until it's over as Kathy could have easily been executed much earlier IF she hadn't tactically decided to do the quizzes as fast as possible.

I also liked the subtlety of the hidden clues. I never came close to catching any of them, but I think that keeps it more interesting. And, it obviously drove Corbin crazy within the game. I really ended up liking most of these people in a new way although Baldwin is psycho.

It all gives me hope that we'll see at least one more addition of Mole whether it's "real" or celebrity based. I could live with celebrity based. And, notcooper did a credible job overall. He's notcooper, but we all have to move on in life. At this point I think they'd be better off keeping him even for a "real" Mole rather than breaking in someone else new.

Even though I didn't get "my" mole and winner I'd say that's as satisfied as I've ever been after a final of any of the few reality shows I watch (well, I guess S4 would be a possible exception).

One other thing that I think I appreciated was the length of the whole experience. I have trouble sorting through all the people in the first 3-4 weeks of TAR and Mole (and even Survivor) in the past. When it gets down to a more manageable number it becomes more interesting. Starting with 7 and going six weeks worked for me. I'd like to see that format again.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "BEST.MOLE.EVER"
I cannot believe how lucky Kathy and Erik got during the season!!!

I thought it was a good finale. Just as good as last years!

Baldwin and Corbin were a riot. I think that Corbin was one of the "angry newbies" that had threads locked last year... hmmmmmmm.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Quotes are back!
1. "But it makes you wonder... Why was Erik so conservative all day, but so spunky with the sheep?" -Stephen
2. "Screw you guys, I'm going home" -Erik von Cartman
-----------------------------------------------------------

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-13-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
This was a really good mini-series of the Mole. I really liked the clues the producers gave to the Mole's identity. Make the clues really unobvious at first, and progressively more obvious as the season goes on. Its fun for us spoilers to figure it out eventually, but not in the first few weeks - especially if it is a full run of shows. The key to figure out the Mole is to match money lost to the clues and you need a few weeks to figure out who is losing the most money.

With the ratings of the show and the fact that they did this celebrity edition in the first place, how could they not do a Mole 3?

As for Ahmad, I think he did a great job too - he did well at playing the host role yet being himself and not Anderson. I hope he stays on for Mole 3.

"They don't call me Catsinova for nothing"

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-13-03, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
I definitely agree with the previous opinions of the finale. I was SOOO shocked to see Kathy as the winner!! I think she HAS to be the most "efficient" winner so far. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think she's probably worked to put the LEAST amount of money in the pot, and won the MOST. I did feel really bad for Erik, though. He worked so hard to put money in the pot, and then he ended up being beat out by his coalition-mate. He didn't talk, like, the WHOLE time...I bet he was making a plan in his head to try to steal back some money from Kathy! (j/k) The clues were extremely well hidden, which I agree was good. I'm sure the show producers saw how mad people got when the "hidden clues" were so obvious! I'm really happy about the Celebrity season and can't wait for the next season!

Sara

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-14-03, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
why was it so great that Kathy won??? because she acted like such the mole!! i think she had everyone confused throughout the game....and even i was sort of believing she was throwing all the games by being the mole....

but fred was a great mole...and now its even funnier that she was always mad at erik....she had nothing to lose....she was "working" and he was annoying her at "work"...makes sense.
cause i kept thinking...geez ...get over your model self...but she wasn't technically there to have fun....

i suppose it is very hard work being the mole...
GREAT GAME....and oh....whoever said baldwin was ON SOMETHING>
wow....was he ever...did you see those slits for eyes...and the sometimes uncontrollable laughing...??? i like him tho...

molly

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-15-03, 05:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
I was shocked and impressed that Kathy had such a well thought out strategy going into the whole thing. The fastest quiz time saved her ass on TWO out of Five occasions, and the fact that she wrote down all her quiz answers kept her focused on Frederique during the final days. She knew what she was doing.

I think Freddy made a SUPERB mole. Undetected right up until the end, and did some good sabotagin' as well. The one that impressed me the most was her untying of raft knots. That took some guts to pull off in front of everyone.
I can't remember Katheryn or Bill every physically busting shit up like that. I know that in some international versions, the moles have broken things (one stabbed a hole in an inflatable raft that they needed for a challenge, one snapped some fishing poles in two, and one broke a laser gun somehow), but I think this was a first for an "American" mole.

Pushie 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-19-03, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pushie Click to send private message to Pushie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
There were more shockers durring this episode (but none as big as Dorthy would have been executed if Elavia didn't take the bribe, now THAT was big!) I really liked how they revealed the Mole and the winner. More exciting and high-tech than the key-lock-door thing from last year.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-03, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Celebrity Mole- THE BEST.FINALE.EVER."
(but none as big as Dorthy would have been executed if Elavia didn't take the bribe, now THAT was big!)

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I think it was huge that Erik would have been executed instead of Boatman had he not won the exemption. After all, Kathy and Erik thought Michael was the Mole and only realized it was Frederique when Michael was executed. If the final three had been Kathy, Michael, and Frederique, we would have been in for a funny finale, since Kathy would have still thought Michael and since he didn't know Freddy was the Mole. Who knows, maybe he had been picking Erik and would have figured it out at the execution. Or maybe he thought it was Kathy, meaning that both players would have still been clueless at the end.

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-03, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Erik executed instead of Michael -- how???"
I must be missing something, but I still can't figure out the assertion made during the wrap-up that Erik would have been executed instead of Michael had Erik not been exempt in the fourth episode. First, Erik didn't take the quiz, did he? I wouldn't imagine that an exempt player would have to take the quiz. So, where is the Mole drawing their data from? Even if he did take the quiz that leaves us with another problem. Both Erik and Kathy were gunning for Michael. Their answers should theoretically be the same (not counting potential player errors while taking the quiz). Kathy beat Michael in the quiz, why wouldn't Erik?

If someone could enlighten me I would be very grateful.

OKCRay 64 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OKCRay Click to send private message to OKCRay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Erik executed instead of Michael -- how???"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-03 AT 04:51 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-21-03 AT 04:47 AM (EST)

Although Erik received the exemption, apparently he still took the quiz, however his results simply did NOT count towards the execution. The way I figure it (barring potential player errors), ALL THREE OF THEM got NONE of the answers right on that quiz (the way Kathy tells it, she and Erik threw all of their answers towards Michael), however Kathy got the fastest time on the quiz. Michael probably got all of his answers wrong as well, but he finished slower than Kathy. That considered, Erik was the slowest to take that quiz, so he would have been executed if he did not get the exemption. To make a long story short, it all came down to the timing element. I could be wrong, but that's the best explanation I could come up with (and it IS plausible!).

OKCRay 64 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-03, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OKCRay Click to send private message to OKCRay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Erik executed instead of Michael -- how???"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-03 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

Not to mention that if Michael had thrown just ONE answer toward Frederique, we would have had a whole different game!

(note to moderators: I would have added this observation to my above post in edit mode, but due to the time lapse it would not allow me to do that... so please don't think I intentionally answered my post in an effort to bump it up. Respectfully, OKCRay)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •