The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two words."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

clemsonbeav 4203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-06-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two words."
Spell. Check.

Okay, I know they've spelled Erik with a C on a previous quiz, but tonight, they went overboard (okay, not OVERBOARD, but the editor must have had some La Mole wine before coming to work). Fuschia, NOT fuscia. And watermelon has only 1 L, not 2.

Pardon the anal retentiveness, but that's just so unprofessional.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Two words. SurvivinDawg 02-06-03 1
   RE: Two words. clemsonbeav 02-06-03 2
       OK, let's go OT for a second.. cyclehausen 02-07-03 4
           RE: OK, let's go OT for a second.. 712 02-08-03 5
               Hey, smart ass!!! cyclehausen 02-09-03 6
 RE: Two words. Jims02 02-06-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Two words."
I feel your pain, but this is common in the TV industry.

Back when I used to watch local news, the weather graphics always had at least one misspelling, usually several. Blatant ones, too. After weeks of this I finally got so worked up, I called the station to complain.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

clemsonbeav 4203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-06-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Two words."
I'm a Computer Science major, currently in CompSci 102. We're learning more about Java programming.

Why is that pertinent? Actually in the syntax of Java, there is a word used called "cloneable." My prof says it's a misspelling of "clonable." Neither of them are in the dictionary. I wonder if Java would really implement something that was misspelled...

-who hopes nothing is misspelled in this post

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-07-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "OK, let's go OT for a second.."
It is extremely common for programing languages to implement bastardizations of common spellings. Why? Because when programmers create variables, they like the potential name collision to be minimal.

Bur, irregardless of this, you are right - clonable/cloneable is not a word. About half of the words in English drop their silent e when -able is added, without much rhyme or reason. So SunJava basically made up a word. And THAT is very very common in programming

And misspellings on prime time TV is just painful.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-08-03, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OK, let's go OT for a second.."
Ohh....
Just for the sake of being a complete and utter jerk...
Irregardless isn't a word either ;)

Or at least it didn't used to be. I'm probably very wrong anyway.
It'll serve me right for trying to be a smart ass.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Hey, smart ass!!!"
Well, you're mostly right ... (click here for details)

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-03, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Two words."
Wut yu talkin bout?

Yu no speko inglish verry gooder. Thi peeples hoo rite dee tessts r reel smartt.

(How come that sentence looks strikingly similar to German?)

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Quotes are back!
1. "But it makes you wonder... Why was Erik so conservative all day, but so spunky with the sheep?" -Stephen
2. "Screw you guys, I'm going home" -Erik von Cartman
-----------------------------------------------------------

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •