The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-03, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
Now i remember two months back when most of you laughed at the idea of a celebrity mole. Most of you thought that it would not be the same and it would suck. I am interested to know how the show actually compares to what you orginally thought. For me, i thought the Celebrity Mole would be OK. But upon watching it, i really really like it. It still isn't as good as the regular one but it definitely exceeds my expectations just because it has been so unpredictable (who DIDN'T think Michael was the mole? And who thought Frederique would make it this far?) I can't wait for the finale!

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Jims02 02-02-03 1
   RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... DEVILRAYS 02-02-03 2
   RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Ahtumbreez 02-04-03 18
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Loree 02-02-03 3
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... 712 02-02-03 4
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... survivorscott 02-02-03 5
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... evanakm 02-02-03 6
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Femme 02-02-03 7
   RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... BaquaR13 02-02-03 8
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... GTmike 02-03-03 9
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Q 02-03-03 10
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... toddE 02-03-03 11
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... SurvivinDawg 02-03-03 12
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... mikey 02-03-03 13
   RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... BaquaR13 02-03-03 17
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Bucky Katt 02-03-03 14
 RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... Bert 02-03-03 15
   RE: Celebrity Mole: better than exp... rockluver 02-03-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-03, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
It's lived up to my expectations, and surpassed them sometimes.

I was surprised, because I knew I would get into the game and all, but these celebrities are actually kind of fun to watch.

Also, I like how unpredictable this year's is. I mean, being a good Spoilers Board is nice (last year), but sometimes it's nice to be wrong (this year).

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Quotes are back!
1. "But it makes you wonder... Why was Erik so conservative all day, but so spunky with the sheep?" -Stephen
2. "Screw you guys, I'm going home" -Erik von Cartman
-----------------------------------------------------------

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
No complaints here...though I am not too surprised by Frederique's success. Seems there's always that player coming from nowhere to stay in the game until the end.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I really like it, much better than I expected. Heck I even like Stephen Baldwin now. Miss AC, tho.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I am enjoying the show. And a Celebrity Mole is better than no Mole. But I do still like the regular mole better. The celebrity factor does get in the way at times. I like the idea of strangers playing the game. Some of these celebrities knew each other before the game.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I think they're really focusing on the games more this time around, rather than the "interpersonal relationships" garbage that they did with Mole 2. No half hour "who will Al give an exemption to" sequences... nothing like that. I feel that the focus of Mole 2 really took away from the excitement of the game.

That, and the games are a helluvalot better in this celeb version.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I liked it. I actualy wished it was longer. Of course one thing would have been better: two last names, two letters, of course I could only be talking about AC.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-03, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I'd say that CMH is better than M2, but not M1, for four reasons:

1) The whole spoonfeeding us the mole clues really killed the excitement. And yes, I know I was a HeatherFOMO until the very end, but when Bill was revealed, I didn't smack myself on the forehead.

2) I don't think Bill was half the sneak that Kathryn was. Bill was a saboteur, who just screwed things up, but Kathryn was a mole. She always had the inside scoop and was a step ahead of everyone else, even at the end when everyone knew that it was her.

3) In the first season, the focus was the games, with the occasional scene of Charlie being an asshole or one of the girls getting emotional. In the second season it got tiring at times when they showed us all the group interaction.

4) I think the games at the start of M2 were fairly stupid. They definitely got better as the season progressed, but burning bags, blackjack, LJ/LJ, and a few others seemed really basic, and took up the space that should have been used for more intriguing games.

I think that these flaws have really been properly cleaned up this season, and it is much more like the first season.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-02-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
Better than i thought, but still disappointed:

-too short.

-no Anderson.

-Not very "molish" - meaning I miss the international espionage feel the show has when it's filmed in someplace like Italy or Spain.

-not enough music. I miss the music and the sly looks (think Elavia)

Femme
"I shall no longer play the field; the field stinks, both economically and socially."

02-02-03, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
>-too short.

Defininetly!! It would have been about 10 times better with seven more celebrities. But that would take time out of their busy precious lives...

>-not enough music. I miss the
>music and the sly looks
>(think Elavia)

I couldn't agree more. I miss that music (however i dont miss Elavia).

BaQuAr13

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-03, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
This version definitely beat my expectations. I think adding a few more celebrities would have made the season a little better. If this was the best group they could get, then don't add more.

The games are in usual mole fasion. I love them. They had some good games. As long as they can be creative in their games, the mole will do well.

I kinda missed the "get to know the players" stuff. All we saw of them was them fighting mostly. The one overwhelming feeling that I feel about this season is rushed. I feel like every episode is rushed. No hanging out w/ideas as to who the mole is, game, then meal/or more hanging out, game, dinner, exectution. Now it is just breakfast, game, game, maybe a bus ride, dinner (if it includes a game), and then execution. I guess it is b/c all the stars were able to bring a friend.

I definitely miss AC. I don't think that he would have fit this group though. He would have gotten pissed off by this group. I want him back for Mole 3. Maybe if a lot of people write ABC, CNN will loan him for a few weeks.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-03-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
As to my expectations, they were low.

As to my feelings after watching four episodes, I enjoy this show. I am really enjoying it. I love the bantering and all the kidding around.

So I guess I am pleased with the way it has gone, and I can't wait to see the Mole uncovered.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
As a viewer who never saw the show before now (CMH), I really enjoy it, but 10 celebs or so would definitely be better. This has been by far my #1 reality show of the 02-03 season so far, due to the crappy-ness of Survivor: Thailand.

It's good enough that I'll check out the regular series if/when it returns, which I would not previously have done.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I had no expectations, but I can say that I've liked it. I watched some of the first Mole and didn't really care for it. I didn't bother with the second one. But the Celebrity one got my attention (especially Kathy Griffin, I knew she'd be hilarious to watch), and I've enjoyed it for the celebs' antics more than for the actual gameplaying part.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-03-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I have low expectations for celebrity anything, but this was better than expected. Most of the celebrities are fun to watch, except for Erik, who is kind of boring and out of place in the older crowd.

02-03-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I have to disagree about Erik... I think he is fitting in well! His coalition with Kathy is fun to watch, but you are right about the fact he is kind of boring...

BaQuAr13

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
I think CMH has worked for a few reasons:

1) The Celebrities are not A list stars so they are willing to do some of the goofy games and laugh at themselves. If there were some divas in the game it would be a disaster.

2) The show is shorter. I feel that the Mole games are better when it gets down to 8 or fewer people. When there are more then that the games aren't nearly as interesting and it is often hard to try and pick out a mole as there are so many people and many of them get so little screen time. And besides, some of these celebs would get on my nerves if they were on TV for much longer.

3) Its the Mole! IMHO, it is the best reality show there is so by its very nature the show should be good.

"I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it's requested or not."

Bert 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bert Click to send private message to Bert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
Well, I certainly had low expectations of CMH coming in also, however I will say that it has far surpassed my expectations, although it's still not quite M2.

As to length, I think it should be longer. While people are correct that the Mole (and all reality shows) get better as the people get fewer, there is a much greater suspense with a longer season. Only 4 eps in, I don't think enough mole suspense has been bullt up yet: we havn't been waiting a season with held breath about the mole, only a month. There just seems to be something missing.

-bert

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-03, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Celebrity Mole: better than expected?"
Maybe ABC will make a celebrity mole 2 with more people in the next years .

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •