The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty Brains and Brawn needs a sequel"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joe Gazillionaire 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-28-14, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Gazillionaire Click to send private message to Joe%20Gazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty Brains and Brawn needs a sequel"
Blood vs. Water was probably one of my least favorites and unfortunately it's coming back. I didn't really like it because of the forced tearjerkers that's usually just kept to a minnimum for the family member/letter from home episode every season, but with Blood vs. Water, that's like every episode.

But, Beauty Brains and Brawn was a lot of fun and it seemed like that season had a lot of aggressive players really playing hard. For the sequel, though, I'd like to see the brains actually be smarter and the brawn be stronger or more athletic a la James or Ozzy types. You could have many sequels to this because you have the eye candy factor, the awe of watching physical strength and thrill of seeing smart people outwit others. I think they just did a bad job of casting the brains. For the next brains, I'd like to see a subset of "Kngpin" types who are Alphas because of their cunning and street smarts. Every few seasons we see this in the likes of Boston Rob, etc.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty Brains and Brawn needs a... Colonel Zoiderg 07-28-14 1
   RE: Beauty Brains and Brawn needs a... Joe Gazillionaire 07-28-14 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoiderg 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-28-14, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty Brains and Brawn needs a sequel"
Sure, I'd make another wrinkle - Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty vs. Bums. Get a season with five nerds, five jocks, five prima donnas, and five average schmos off the street.

The flaw to this season, though, is that the tribal stages are all about teamwork, and the Brawn tribe has a huge innate advantage in that while the Brains generally are at a disadvantage.

The Brawn tribe was Cliff, Tony, Sarah, Woo, Trish, and a quitter. That's a basketball player and two cops - all teamwork professions. Two athletics instructors - also pretty heavy teamwork involved, especially in martial arts. The hairstylist was the one who didn't belong, but still...that's a lot of teamwork.

The Brains? An economics student, an accountant, a lawyer, a nuclear engineer, a poker player, and a baseball executive. Lawyers work in teams, yes, but lawyers are notoriously bad at Survivor (only Cochran won, and he works as a comedy writer now.) The rest, except maybe the baseball executive, imply introversion and a solo path. This is a team that is not at all designed to work well together.

There's a reason that the tribe switch included all six Brawn and only three Brains.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Joe Gazillionaire 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-28-14, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Gazillionaire Click to send private message to Joe%20Gazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty Brains and Brawn needs a sequel"
>Sure, I'd make another wrinkle -
>Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty
>vs. Bums. Get a season
>with five nerds, five jocks,
>five prima donnas, and five
>average schmos off the street.
>
>
>The flaw to this season, though,
>is that the tribal stages
>are all about teamwork, and
>the Brawn tribe has a
>huge innate advantage in that
>while the Brains generally are
>at a disadvantage.
>
>The Brawn tribe was Cliff, Tony,
>Sarah, Woo, Trish, and a
>quitter. That's a basketball player
>and two cops - all
>teamwork professions. Two athletics instructors
>- also pretty heavy teamwork
>involved, especially in martial arts.
>The hairstylist was the one
>who didn't belong, but still...that's
>a lot of teamwork.
>
>The Brains? An economics student, an
>accountant, a lawyer, a nuclear
>engineer, a poker player, and
>a baseball executive. Lawyers work
>in teams, yes, but lawyers
>are notoriously bad at Survivor
>(only Cochran won, and he
>works as a comedy writer
>now.) The rest, except maybe
>the baseball executive, imply introversion
>and a solo path. This
>is a team that is
>not at all designed to
>work well together.
>
>There's a reason that the tribe
>switch included all six Brawn
>and only three Brains.

As long as there's 1/3 beauties.

Didn't you find the brains contestants weren't that smart? That might have been a casting issue. They weren't great at puzzles, shelter, social dynamics or the challenges.... Cochran was terrible at the game in his first season....he didn't seem to understand the social element. He came back the second time around and seemed to be much more social. Going back to your average schmoes idea, they might have a "Haves" vs. "Have nots" face off season. One tribe with all of the advantages in life. They're the ones from rich families, great schools, good genes, etc. The other are ones just eeking their way through life.

I wouldn't mind the show mining the Beauty, brawn brains season for future shows because I thought they were all pretty interesting characters. They played as aggressive as I've seen any season and even the ones that didn't had interesting personality quirks. The Beauty tribe was smarter and more athletic than they were given credit for... they solved the puzzles and challenges just fine. The brawn, well mostly Tony, was smarter than most of the Brains tribe. I guess street smarts is more important. The Brains were going to stick together, but whenever you have a traitor in your mist, it just blows everything out the water. Kass was just too much of a wildcard for any group with her to last--I really do not understand her game at all...there's no way anyone would vote for her with her brand of game.

By the way, I'm getting sick of quitters. If they quit, that's it, they should have a scarlet letter and be forever banished.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •