The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-14, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
Imagine if Kass and Woo had stayed with their plan. We would have had:

Tasha and Kass vote for Trish.
Woo and Spencer vote for Tony
Tony and Trish vote to Tasha.

Tony keeps his idol so there is a revote where only Kass, Spencer and Woo vote. They all vote against Tony who NOW pulls out his special idol and nullifies all three votes. Who goes home?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... dabo 05-12-14 1
 RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... udg 05-12-14 2
   RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... michel2 05-12-14 3
       RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... Aruba 05-15-14 4
 RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... suzzee 05-16-14 5
   RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... dabo 05-16-14 6
   RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol ... michel2 05-17-14 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-14, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
Me. As horrible a twist as that HII+ happens to be, it is geometrically worse if he gets to play it after a revote.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

udg 3337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-14, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
It wouldn't work that way. The HII+ would automatically come into play after the first vote, negating all of the Tony votes and leaving the tie-breaker between Trish & Tasha.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

05-12-14, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
It's possible but no one knows the actual rules. They make it up as they please and it would please them to see somnething crazy like this. The special idol instructions only said "after the votes are read" nothing about it being automatic.

Aruba 1989 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-15-14, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
Very interesting scenario, Michel.

I don't believe any idol (regardless of how much power it has) is "automatic." An idol only comes into play when the individual who possesses it specifically plays the idol.

In this hypothetical F6 TC scenario, when Jeff explains only Spencer, Woo, and Kass would revote to break the three-way tie, Tony's paranoid head would all but explode realizing he would have no vote or control over his own destiny. For this reason I'm almost certain he would jump up and play the idol with special powers negating his votes and being allowed to vote with Spencer, Woo, and Kass to break the Tasha/Trish tie.

Although if your scenario plays out and the revote is all Tony and he negates those votes with his special power idol, I think we go back to a clean slate and have a do-over where everyone (with the exception of Spencer wearing the IN) becomes fair game again.

In that event, Tony would then play his regular idol before the do-over vote is read. Either way, Tony lives to see another day, although with the do over scenario he burns both his idols.

But I honestly believe Tony plays his special power idol before the three-way tie revote.

suzzee 5413 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-14, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
I'm probably showing my Idol rules ignorance but couldn't Tony play his regular HII before results were read at a re-vote and nullify any votes going to him?

Would that force a vote between the Trish & Kass choices on something like a do-over re-vote or would we just sit back and watch everyone's brains melt?

I should be watched....closely.

dabo 26283 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-14, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
He could play his get out of jail free HII then as well.

05-17-14, 09:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: What if Tony Had used his Idol on a Revote?"
The regular idol has to be played before the votes are read so, on a revote, votes have already been read and he couldn't play it. That happened in Nicaragua were Marty was tied with Kelly B on the first vote and had to sit on his idol during the second vote.

An idol that can be used after the votes are read should, potentially, still be in play after the revote. Why would Tony have to play it after the three-way tie when there is still a chance he wouldn't need it?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •