The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1993 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-15-14, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-14 AT 07:12 AM (EST)

If Daniel Defoe was inspired to write "Robinson Crusoe" today after watching Survivor, I think he might have to add a chapter when Crusoe finds a crate washed up on shore containing puzzles, sudokus and rubic's cubes.

1) SPENCER - Poised to take home the title of Sole Survivor. He can ramble all he wants about game strategy, how he has it, how everyone else doesn't, yadda-yadda-yadda, blah-blah-blah... Bottom line folks, if he continues to win ICs, he'll deservingly win the million. If he doesn't, he'll end up on the Jury. It's as straight-forward as that. And all his confessional rants about "strategy" won't mean spit. I suppose the only way to disprove my statement is if he advances after LOSING an IC. But short of a weightlifting competition, tug-o-war, or some kind of push-ups/pull-ups calisthenics challenge, I don't see that happening.

2) WOO - Time to make a game-changing move??? Yeah, you betcha...and here's the "move." Win every remaining IC and the Jury will vote you Mr. Congeniality and the Sole Survivor of S28. Otherwise he'll never get a chance to be another Ethan from Survivor: Africa. Although Tony and Spencer deserve it more, I wouldn't be disappointed with a Woo win in one of the better seasons we've had in a while.

3) TONY - Continues to add to his entertainment value. Killed it in the RC. Personally I would have considered forfeiting my spot and sent Woo & Trish off to eat pizza, or he could have been diplomatic and had Jeff still weigh the buckets and whoever finished second would accompany him. I didn't need to see his tearful display in the preview to sense a meltdown. DUDE, where did you come up with a...Llama??? Tony's beat is about 15 miles from where I live and I assure you there's no llamas (or anything that remotely resembles one) in our vicinity. Although he may be losing it, his head is still in the game with his slick move of telling everyone the idol with special powers can be used in the F4.

4) KASS - Need anymore confirmation of what a classless b!tch she is? Really think your gesture toward a departing Trish will win Jury votes (even sitting next to Tony?) Would love if she gives the same finger salute in Court to a Judge who overrules her objection leading to her disbarment. She has zero chance winning against any of the remaining castaways, so I won't waste anymore words on her.

BOOTES) TRISH - Although I can understand her wrath toward Kass, the only way she has a chance to win is in a F2 with Kass. So even if Kass gets booted, she essentially flushes any chance of a win down the toilet. She started the game playing with emotion, and that's the way it ended for her. And don't you go questioning Tony's pizza-eating method. THAT'S how you eat pizza in my neck of the woods--fold it over and shove it in your mouth. When you're in NJ/NY you throw the book of etiquette away when eating pizza. Remember the opening scene in "Saturday Night Fever" when Travolta is walking down the streets of NY devouring two slices of pizza on top of each other at the same time? LOL Thirty-five years later that hasn't changed here.

I would like to thank the select few remaining faithful for their participation. Michel, we're rarely on the same page but you're still my main dude. You keep being the champion for the weak & inept and I'm sure there'll be a place for you in "Survivor Heaven"

Enjoy the Finale all!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... dabo 05-16-14 1
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-17-14 2
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... Aruba 05-18-14 3
       RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-18-14 4
           RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... Aruba 05-18-14 5
               RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-19-14 6
                   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... Aruba 05-19-14 7
                       RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... dabo 05-19-14 8
                       RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-19-14 9
                           RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... Aruba 05-21-14 11
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... personofinterest 05-21-14 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-14, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
01. Spencer (01). The kid will win if he gets to FTC. Odds are against him getting there, though.

02. Woo (02). Woo has a chance to win if he gets to FTC with Kass. He might even be able to beat Tony. He could use a big move to claim as his own but winning II in order to knock out Spencer could do it.

03. Tony (04). Certainly the player of the season, a natural TV persona who livened up the whole season. Not the sharpest player in the world, though.

04. Kass (05). Kass has about only one chance to win, getting to FTC alone after causing a late-game medical evacuation leaving her the sole survivor.

Good-bye Trish (03). For all her ups and downs, she played a respectable game. Her big mistake was showing Tony that she is absolutely without question an "anyone but Kass" jury vote.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-14, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
1- Spencer: Many good players needed to win immunity at this stage of the game so I have no problem with him having to go that route. He didn't play a great strategic game, but the numbers were never in his favor and he made some good moves when he played on Tony's paranoia.

2- Tony: Putting Trish on the jury when she doesn't even know he voted against her is very smart except he now has two likeable guys to beat. He eats pizza the same way he does puzzles and plays the game: Tackling it as quickly as possible and missing some bits along the way. Sure it was smart of Tony to think of that bluff, but the rules should always be clear for everyone. How can you play a game when the rules are hidden? Jeff used to say: "This is the last TC where the idol can be used." Why didn't he do it this time? Little production help for the bluffer.

3- Woo: This game is being played over Woo's head and we saw how long it takes him to catch up to the thinkers, but things are falling into place for him. He will need to win an immunity or two to win the game and his performance has been lacking up to now. (Outside of the help he gets with those shoes in balance competitions of course)

4- Kass: That grin is a sign of her insecurities. Insecure, delusional, jealous, petty, vengeful, foul-mouthed. I have a feeling she will need to hire a PR firm to get any sort of business (unless she does divorce cases of course)

Booted: Trish: She was happy to say that she had gotten along with every member of the cast besides Kass, but that is precisely what got her to join her friends on the jury.

Thank you for doing this again, Aruba. We fight like Kass and Dogs but you know I truly appreciate our debates even if you are so often on the side of the mucscled morons.

05-18-14, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"

"Sure it was smart of Tony to think of that bluff, but the rules should always be clear for everyone. How can you play a game when the rules are hidden? Jeff used to say: "This is the last TC where the idol can be used." Why didn't he do it this time? Little production help for the bluffer."

When it's a SPECIAL idol with SPECIAL powers, why should the rules of this special idol be shared with everyone? I have no problem with the rules for THIS idol only privy to the player who took the effort to go out and get it.

If players don't know the rules for this special idol because they were cooking limes and mangos, falling out of trees, or soaking in the water...so be it!

And I see no big deal for Jeff not specifically saying the F5 is the last TC to play the REGULAR idol. I'm pretty sure Tony must have mentioned it to the others a dozen times and Spencer (who possessed a regular idol) also knew it firsthand. I'd be hard pressed to think ANYONE attending the last TC was not privy to that normal rule. I wouldn't read too much into Jeff not announcing what was blatantly obvious to all.

05-18-14, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
It's called a level playing field. Whenever you play a game, the first thing you do is read the rules. How else can you play? Seasons loaded with secret twists like this one or Cook Islands simply cannot be called Games.

The idol rules in Panama and CI made those idols too powerful. That was what most viewers said at the time so, for once, production listened and changed the rules starting in Fiji. Now, with the undisclosed power, this one is even more powerful than the one that gave Yul a free ride to the F3. This "game" is supposedly called Survivor, but once again, it has been reduced to Hide & Seek.

How can you be such a purist that you want them to go back to the tough conditions that prevailed in Africa and be happy with such a travesty? It's funny but I feel you wouldn't be defending the idol if Jefra (or Morgan!) had found it and was still in the game because of it.

05-18-14, 09:12 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
If Jefra, Morgan or anyone else who put out the most effort got the idol I'd still defend it. "Hide & Seek?" Production hid it...but not everyone sought it with the same vigor as Tony.

I still think Tony will have to win an IC to advance to the Finals and have a chance to win. If he advances WITHOUT winning an IC and/or without an idol, he would "Survive" without any so-called "reduction."

05-19-14, 02:35 AM (EST)
6. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
You don't always have to put out a lot of effort to find these gifts. I'm sure you remember Ralph in Redemption Island. He simply stumbled upon the idol that was supposed to go to Hantz. Likewise, anyone could have seen that tree and started digging. Is that "Survivor"? Not in my book.

Tony is playing for Final 3 so, in his mind, this bluff is guaranteeing him a spot in the finals except that Final 3 would include one of Spencer or Woo. He's damn lucky that production will give him an additional chance to beat the remaining player that could beat him.

05-19-14, 06:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
HMMM, call me "strange" but I believe those who work harder and put out more effort SHOULD benefit more from rewards. Of course that may put the inept players you covet so dearly at a disadvantage...but oh well.

I don't know Ralph because I didn't watch Redemption Island. I tend to follow REAL seasons. Not seasons where they bring back losers who were unable to win in their initial season only to try to make the most of their second, third, or (pathetically) even their fourth attempt.

Sure anyone could have seen that tree and started digging...but its pretty hard to find kicking back at camp or pow-wowing in the ocean. Point is they DIDN'T except for the one putting out the most effort.

Although I think his F4 bluff was a slick move, the way the F4 has evolved, quite frankly I don't think this special power idol will come into play. What's "guaranteeing" Tony's place in the F3 is Kass thinking she can beat Tony in the Finals and no one wanting to sit next to Woo or Spencer.

If Spencer wins IC, Woo is gone. If Woo wins IC, Spencer is gone. If Kass wins IC, I'll eat my hat. And if Tony wins IC, this whole discussion of the special idol F4 bluff becomes a moot point.

Finally, you must be rubbing shoulders with spoilers, because you seem pretty confident we're having a F2 this season. If so, I guess you're trying to sell me on the fact a F2 decision was made as a last minute spur-of-the-moment change JUST to benefit Tony as opposed to a format they decided at the beginning of the season?

Why should I be surprised???

dabo 26298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-14, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
The promos for the finale say there will be three TCs, so two eliminations then final two face the jury.

05-19-14, 08:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
For me, the effort should be mostly mental. Players should plan and organize their way to the end. You know...outwit. Nowadays, Survivor has become Outdig.

BTW, every season is a real season even if I also prefer the ones with new players. It's not easy to win even after multiple tries.

As for the F2, no spoilers were needed since the promos spell it out: There will be three Tribal Councils on Wednesday. I have no idea if it was a last minute change, I just know it's another case of production not letting the players know under which rules they are playing. The appearance of integrity is just as important as integrity itself. From my point of view, SeeBS has none.

05-21-14, 12:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
My bad...I missed the "three TC" announcement in the promo.

Problem is with this being S28, events and circumstances have become ridiculously predictable for the players. So I have no problem with Production throwing curveballs and twists at the players forcing them to react and adjust to the unexpected. I, for one, would not regard this tactic as "no integrity."

F3, F2, final whatever...at the end of the day it still forces a player to WIN the final IC to guarantee their spot in the Finals, i.e., control their own fate. I suppose the pathetically inept who are incapable of winning might cry "foul."

I'm fine with the game incorporating some mental aspect. Although the basic premise of Survivor is to strip players of any modern conveniencies and leave them to survive with only bare essentials. If this basic/primitive concept involves "digging"...then so be it. I respect some Reality fans will never be satisfied until Survivor dissolves into a game of Big Brother on a tropical island or jungle; but that fan is not me.

In any season when you start out with 18-20 players, obviously the probability and statistics of winning is small whether it's a real season or a joke imitation of one with returnees. But the task is much easier for the returnees when casted with newbies who are star-struck groupies gazing at former players like celebrities.

The only two seasons with returning players I watched in its entirety was S8 (the season they had the audacity to call "All-Stars") and Blood vs. Water. Blood vs. Water, because of the loved-ones concept, took the "groupie" element out of the equation. In S8 it was a clear case of former losers purposely targeting those who did well in their first seasons. It was no coincidence that in the F7 only one (Big Tom) even made the F4 in their respective season. That's not "real" in my book...that's a joke of a season.

personofinterest 125 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-14, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 12"
1. Woo: Guy couldn't strategize his way out of a paper bag, but I get a kick out of him. Woo Hoo indeed.

2. Tony: He can be annoying and a bit dense at times, but I give him props for coming out to play. His bull in the china shop approach has worked so far, and love idols or hate them, at least he went digging.

3. Spencer: If he can get to the final two (previews support a two way contest), he wins hands down and would deserve it. I personally don't care for him, but he has been great at getting out of trouble. He is at 3 only because I enjoy watching the other two more.

4. Kass: I really was hoping for the best from her early in the season. I wanted her to do well and maybe even win. Even after her first jump, I thought she may be OK. She is really grating now. I do give her props for knowing it is a game and she doesn't seem to take things personally. However, she really can't read the room. Flipping off Trish, while kind of funny in a sad way, showed her lack of awareness of her surroundings.

It has been a great season. Enjoy the finale!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •