The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1987 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-09-14, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
"Cement shoes" and other Mafia references are allowable when directed toward an individual of Italian decent, yet (God forbid) if sexual preference or color is targeted...boycotts are threatened and network apologies are made. My oh my, don't we live in such a consistent society folks?! *snort*
BTW, I don't have a drop of Italian blood in me; I'm just saying...

1) SPENCER - MVP of the RC and a solid win in what appeared to be a tough IC. Only criticism is his horrible read on Woo. Woo's body language and demeanor shouted out that he would not turn on his alliance mate. But that's neither here nor there...with Tasha gone, Woo is the only viable challenge threat for Spencer. I can definitely see Spencer running the table and being America's newest Millionaire.

2) TONY - Yes, his confrontations with Kass got dicey, but overall I thought he handled it relatively well...or at least well enough to have Kass come off as the bigger Horse's A$$. Had he not possessed the idol with special powers, I wonder if he would have been ballsy enough to not use his regular idol at TC? With a clear path to the F4, he'll still have to win one (maybe two) ICs to get to the Finals. Quite frankly, I don't think he has it in him. But regardless where he finishes, he owned S28.

3) WOO - Nice episode for the "Classroom Showman." He stole the show at the Reward and was the focal point this episode with the proposed game-changing move. I'm not sure he furthers his game either way because as a likable guy with no enemies on the Jury NO ONE will allow him to get a sniff of the Finals. So, amidst being one of the worst liars in Survivor history, he ends up taking the safer road and stayed dedicated to his alliance.

4) TRISH - I don't know what's more difficult to watch. Her skeletal frame; or her pathetically inept coattail riding game play. Sadly we'll all be subjected to having to watch both a little while longer.

5) KASS - Just because a bunch of sour grapes, sore-losing cry-babies deprived Hantz a win, don't think for a second that would happen to Tony if YOU are sitting next to him. I'm not sure we've ever had a Final where each thought the other was the perfect goat. LOL But I must give her credit for a decent throwing arm. Hey, perhaps with her newfound celebrity status a local Bull Durham team in some loser minor league may ask her to throw out the first pitch?

BOOTED) TASHA - You could toss havoc, wreak, and chaos all into the same mix and it's still no match for the Anti-Darwin Syndrome. We pay homage to its newest victim. It was a nice run for her though. My only criticism is she could have given a more convincing performance for Tony, but in the end I hardly felt it mattered because she was simply too big of a threat to keep around.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-11-14 1
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... personofinterest 05-12-14 3
       RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-12-14 5
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... Aruba 05-14-14 6
       RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... michel2 05-14-14 7
           RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... dabo 05-14-14 8
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... dabo 05-12-14 2
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. ... personofinterest 05-12-14 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-14, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
For an episode that would end in the most obvious boot of the season, they certainly used all the tricks imaginable to make us think we could have a different result. And, after all these seasons filmed in the Philippines, it was nice to see a reward that proved we were actually on an island in South-East Asia and not on a parcel of land in Burnett's backyard.

1- Spencer: Except for the two challenge wins, he didn't have such a good episode. His whole strategy had been based on selling everyone the idea that Tony would be unbeatable in the finals so he should have intervened when the argument started. It could have paid off nicely in the end if he had told Kass that Tony wasn't talking about her, that he was telling some of his police stories and that Tony was a very likeable guy.

2- Tony: He tried to reason with Kass but you can't get through to someone that is so passive-aggressive. Like Spencer said though, it's very hard to lie to Tony and both Tasha and Woo faile dmiserably. With two idols, he could easily give one to Trish and use the other for himself and that will guaranteee him two votes at F4. Since he's been tending fire all this time, he shouldn't have a problem with the fire-contest if it comes to it so Tony is assured of Final 3. Final 2 could be the dirty trick production has in mind for him though!!!

3- Woo: Finally he starts participating and it was really nice to see him playing with the kids. Being so likeable, his targets should be the goats so he had no business going with Kass. The fact that he entertained the idea until SHE told him about the new plan just showed how much over his head this game is played. He thinks he's on the same page as Tony, but they aren't even using the same book.

4- Kass: It's funny to think she can beat anyone at this stage. Her only shot would have been to present Tony's head to the jury. That wouldn't make them like her more but she would have gained some respect. She thinks he's the jerk but the way the argument was presented made us see that she was the passive-aggresive jerk.

5- Trish: We have visual proof of how the Stockholm Syndrome works. She's been under Tony's thumb for so long that everything he says and does becomes acceptable. She can only get the jury's respect if she eliminates Tony but she will never even consider such a sacrilege.

Booted - Tasha: Telling Kass that Tony was their version of Hantz was a major mistake. She needed to tell Kass that Tony was almost as big a threat as she was. Ironically, by failing to trick Tony into thinking she was resigned on going home, she could have indirectly helped Spencer. By seeing that Tasha wasn't scrambling, Tony figured that something was up so if or when Spencer tells him that Woo and Kass were plotting against him, he could very well decide he needs to take care of those traitors before Spencer.

I still think it's hilarious whenever I read someone say that Hantz deserved to win. If only he had been smart enough to bring Shambo to the end then maybe you'd have a point but he simply didn't understand how the game works. The dumba$$ was even giving pointers to Natalie on how to handle the jury questions. He simply couldn't have been more disconnected with the reality of Survivor. Long time fans of the show should see it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

personofinterest 122 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-14, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
RE: A real island of Phillipines... Are we sure that Burnett doesn't own it? I could see him having lots of kids running around his backyard.

05-12-14, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"

Aruba 1987 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-14, 05:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
Not much to disagree with. Toughest decision was who to rank last. Trish or Kass. A good case can be made for either.

Gotta kick out of your "Stockholm Syndrome" reference with Trish. Although I think her motive for sticking with Tony is driven more by the "Hantz Syndrome." Like Kass, Trish is thinking she'll have it made sitting next to Tony facing a disgruntled Jury.

What the players don't realize is every Jury member thus far (with the exception of Pillow Morgan) has taken the high road when delivering their parting words at the TC where they were booted acknowledging they were outplayed. This would suggest not much bitterness on the Jury, although that's yet to be seen.

And it's not only some Survivor "long time fans" citing the sore-losing crybaby Jury in Samoa. Being technically challenged, I'm not sure if I copied this link properly, but if it opens you'll read an accurate assessment made by a Reality Show/Survivor beat writer as well.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-recap-season19-episode15-16/

05-14-14, 06:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
I'm well aware that Hantz has many fans and the article you linked had already made me nauseus back when it was written. To those that think he was robbed, I can only say: YOU ARE ALL WRONG.

That jury was bitter because Hantz was making deals with everyone and laughing in their face when he voted them out. Rob was a lot like that in the first All-Stars and he didn't deserve to win that either. He was much less of a d*ck to the members of Zapatera in RI so he earned their votes.

An alliance is a verbal contract: "If you screw me, I will screw you in the end." That means it's the player that wants to earn the million that has to make sure the jury will feel like he should get it. Hantz, for no reason, was making alliances with everyone. He even made one with Brett AFTER winning Final three immunity. Why? It just showed that he could screw him over. Brett, Laura, Dave and Jaison were right to think they should screw him right back.

Brian, Todd and Kim all had some bitter jurors, but they treated the eventual jurors respectfully even when they voted them out. Respect earns respect. Throw sh*t in people's face, don't expect a check in return.

dabo 26257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-14, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
The jurists vote how they feel best about voting. The only two jury votes Russhell ever got (from his first time playing) were from a player who felt Russ had been the one who had beaten him, and from a player who was virtually friendless except for Russell. I couldn't fault Shambo in the least, it was one of the few really smart things the troll ever did.

dabo 26257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-14, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
01. Spencer (01). Losing Tasha was a big hit to his game, but he is guaranteed a win should he reach FTC. Unfortunately, it may now take winning every remaining IC to get there, but them's the breaks.

02. Woo (03). The real Woo finally showed up, we had only had glimpses of him before, and what a great guy he turns out to be. Very likeable, a good guy all around. And a horrible liar, which speaks well of him as a person. His advantage in the game right now is that he is valuable for potentially being able to beat Spencer for the II. Failing to accomplish that could cost him the game, or once accomplished he then might have to win every remaining IC to get to FTC.

03. Trish (06). Being Tony's loyal partner throughout gives her a big advantage at FTC against Tony, and probably Woo as well as she has been more participatory in the game. She also has her annoying and caustic aspect, but if she is honest and owns up to it at the end she could redeem herself in the eyes of the fans and the jury.

04. Tony (04). Two idols (TWO!) and he is still mixing it up! And one of those idols is special, it can be played after the vote and is nontransferable, he can only play it for himself! For a bit there I thought he might blow it and reveal the super powers. If anyone is capable of handing Kass a win at FTC it is the paranoid superego that cannot calm down and just annoys almost everyone in his vicinity.

05. Kass (05). The goat and she don't know it. To her credit she is still in it to win it, but her game is so flawed at this point that she cannot win on her own merits. She can only win against Tony and only if he totally fails at FTC.

Good-bye Tasha (01). Love her, hated to see her go, high on my list now of players I would like to see return whenever they next do returning players. But likening Tony to any Hantz, to Kass of all people, was .. just .. plain .. dumb .. and .. stupid.

personofinterest 122 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-14, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 11"
1. Woo: I just enjoyed him this episode. This ranking has nothing to do with his ability to play the game, but he really showed some personality and likeability. Since no one in his/her right mind would keep him now, I will let him have first spot this week.

2. Tony: A few points for not slapping Kass and not shunning her completely keeps him toward the top for me. He is like a bull in the china shop in many ways, but at least he came to play and has kept the show entertaining.

3. Spencer: Sometimes he gets under my skin with his comments, but he really has done well keeping himself in the game. I think that he could have some problems in the next two episodes if he doesn't win immunity though.

4. Trish: I had some hopes for her early on. She seemed to have some ability to read people and situations and was able to get Kass and Jefra on her side. Maybe it because she is literally fading away to nothing, but she seems to have even lost her subtle gamemanship.

5. Kass: I was actually rooting for her early on and thought that she had some fun soundbites. Well, that has changed in the last few episodes. Even if Tony had been smack talking about her, she needed to just shut it!

Good thing for those kids at the school that Woo was along because Spencer and Kass probably would have scared them!

Booted: Really grew to like Tasha a lot. She had some good game moves, won lots of challenges, overcame the Kass fiasco(s), but taking her out made the most sense for most of the remaining castaways. I would vote for her for fan favorite if they do that again.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •