The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1979 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-24-14, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
Another weak game player targeted because of the perceived inability to find a HII. Too good to be true. Someone pinch me.

1) TONY - F7 and a player who has yet to win an individual challenge is #1 on my Ep. 9 list? Michel must be flashing a grin wide enough to swallow his ears. Although winless in challenges, Tony's owning this season thus far. While everyone else is farting around camping, falling out of trees, cooking limes and papayas, and pow-wowing in the water taking turns sticking pacifiers in Jefra's mouth--Tony is working twice as hard playing the game and comes up with the special power HII. Good for him. I don't know what had me laughing harder--Tony peeking through his Spy Shack or his make-out session with the idol?

2) TASHA - You go girl!!! Taking home the Immunity Necklace in back-to-back ICs. Doing the CPA Society proud. Smarts, attractiveness, and a force in the challenges. Once in a blue moon Production gets it right.

3) SPENCER - He's still the one I'd like to see win, but I thought Tony and Tasha had slightly better episodes. He gets props for figuring out the phrase at the RC. If a clue to another HII goes up for auction next week, he better jump out of his skin in a hyperactive heartbeat and throw every penny Jeff's way (along with his future wife and first born) to get that clue.

MONUMENTAL drop off at this point...

4) WOO - Since Day One he had jury member written all over him. On Day 27 the writing hasn't changed. Willingness to suffer possible permanent paralysis over a few papayas border between die-hard Survivor spirit and birdbrained stupidity.

5) KASS - By her own admission she's now delegating herself to riding Tony's coattails. But for how long? One might think with 4 women and 3 men remaining, now would be a perfect time for chaos Kass to form an all-girl alliance. But prying Trish away from Tony may be too tough of a challenge to undertake.

6) JEFRA - WAAA, WAAA...Tony flipped and I don't like that. Shall we remind you Sweetpea, three TCs ago if someone had not flipped your pretty little tush would be sitting on the Jury bench. She's riding coattails with her current alliance. AHHHH, but she has another option. She can also ride coattails with her new RC comrades. So here's the nerve-wracking decision Jefra is confronted with--she can ride coattails...OR...she can ride coattails. My oh my, what's an inept player to do???

7) TRISH - "I trust Tony." Translation: I want to be carried by Tony too. Our Jersey Boy's "bag of tricks" better get a lot deeper with all these losers he's now carrying.

BOOTED) JEREMAIH (AKA Jeremy) - How weak of a player was Jeremiah? The best card he has to play in his moment of desperation is revealing he's a "fashion model." "Who's Jeremy?" It could be a metaphor for phantom player because that's pretty much what Jeremiah was this season. In his parting words he informs us he played a "good game." Really Jeremiah? What game have I been watching??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 michel2 04-26-14 1
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 Aruba 04-28-14 5
       RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 michel2 04-28-14 6
           RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 Aruba 04-30-14 13
               RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 michel2 04-30-14 17
                   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 Aruba 05-01-14 20
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 QuickBen 04-30-14 16
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 dabo 04-26-14 2
 RE Tony: Angel5 04-28-14 3
   RE: RE Tony: dabo 04-28-14 4
   RE: RE Tony: michel2 04-28-14 7
   RE: RE Tony: Aruba 04-29-14 8
       RE: RE Tony: dabo 04-29-14 9
           RE: RE Tony: Aruba 04-30-14 14
               RE: RE Tony: dabo 05-03-14 23
       RE: RE Tony: michel2 04-30-14 10
           RE: RE Tony: Aruba 04-30-14 11
               RE: RE Tony: dabo 04-30-14 12
                   RE: RE Tony: Aruba 04-30-14 15
               RE: RE Tony: michel2 04-30-14 18
                   RE: RE Tony: Aruba 05-01-14 21
                       RE: RE Tony: michel2 05-03-14 22
 RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 QuickBen 04-30-14 19
   RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9 dabo 05-03-14 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-14, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-14 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

1- Spencer: He got outplayed by Tony at every turn but he is still in the game and his intervention at TC when he said Tony would get his vote in the end could shake up this game.

2- Tasha: She is playing a very strong game, winning challenges and gaining jury votes with her social game. Unfortunately that puts a large target on her back so she will need a lot of luck to stay to the end.

3- Tony: He didn't break any promises because he had good reasons to do so! What great logic. He made me think of Judd who had similar troubles with logic. Is it a Jersey thing? He is very amusing though and he is putting almost as much energy in this game as Boston Rob used to do. (Aruba, what surprises me about your number 1 rating, is the fact that you forgive his lies)

4- Jefra: She was right to stay away from the minority alliance because she couldn't beat any of them. At least she is thinking of going after Tony which is more than we can say for all the other minions.

5- Woo: I know it was papayas but when Woo climbed towards the fruits that looked like Morgan's boob, I remembered the old Steve Miller song: "I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree." Even when his missions are successful, things don't go as planned.

6- Trish: She was able to get everybody together once more so she does have the right idea but that "Limes and papayas" line will certainly stick to her.

7- Kass: I laughed when she told Jefra that you screw yourself when you vote someone that annoys you. I imagine that Sarah must have have been rolling on the floor.

Booted - Jeremiah: We didn't see much of the fashion model but he sure played a good game if everyone liked him. He just needed the numbers.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-28-14, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-14 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

3- Tony: ...(Aruba, what surprises me about your number 1 rating, is the fact that you forgive his lies)

Who's forgiving anyone for their lies? The reason Tony's #1 is because he's putting out more effort than anyone else. Unless we have a Tom Westman playing every season, chances are you'll usually find a #1 on my list for any given episode who has lied in the game.

4- Jefra: ...At least she is thinking of going after Tony which is more than we can say for all the other minions.

Believe me, more than just Jefra is thinking about going after Tony. There's no doubt Spencer's thinking about it all the time; as is Tasha. They are just waiting for an opportune time to strike. The reason Jefra was more vocal about it in Ep. #9 is because she was bellyaching over his flip. i.e. reacting by emotion. BTW, great call on Kass' hypocritical advice to Jefra on voting someone out who annoys you.

Jeremiah: ...but he sure played a good game if everyone liked him.

Many times in Reality TV players are "liked" because they are not disliked. When "players" fly UTR, ride coattails, don't win anything that could raise the ire of other players, there's no reason to dislike them. By playing a weak passive game, Jeremiah had no blood on his hands, so what's not to like? I put Woo and Jeremiah in the same category--likable individuals by nature who are/were not good solid game players of Survivor.

Cute commentary on Woo...but a bit off on your comparison. The papayas are naturally grown. Speaking of Morgan, what's up with her Jury member wardrobe??? Parading out in some sundress my sisters would wear at a family picnic is not what I had in mind!

04-28-14, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
I said that Jefra was the only one of Tony's minions to think of booting him. I don't consider Tasha and Spencer as minions.

The key to the game is to get the votes from the jury and for that, being likeable helps. When you are in the minority like Jeremiah, you have to appear passive or else you become a target. Only the fear of the idol got him voted out.

As for those boobs, I'm telling you that they're real. As for her wardrobe, I think she's wise not to let SEG exploit her anymore. She still looks good and some like those dresses.

04-30-14, 05:59 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
"I said that Jefra was the only one of Tony's minions to think of booting him. I don't consider Tasha and Spencer as minions."

OK, that's better. Initially you said all the minions and did not specifically say "Tony's" minions...so I'm glad you did not include Spencer and Tasha.

"When you are in the minority like Jeremiah, you have to appear passive or else you become a target."

I disagree. JT and Stephen were in the minority and they were not passive en route to making the F2. Hantz, Natalie, and Mick were in the minority and Russell was as proactive as any Survivor ever was carrying Natalie and Mick on his back to the Finals in that season.

"Only the fear of the idol got him voted out."

The reason Jeremiah was targeted was because A) Tasha was wearing the IN (indicative of a good player) and B) it was speculated Spencer might have an idol (indicative of a good player.) Jeremiah had neither (indicative of a subpar player.) Simply put, if his gameplay resulted in winning the IN or finding a HII he would still be in the game. No need to spin from the obvious here.

"I think she's wise not to let SEG exploit her anymore."

OHHHHH, I see...NOW they decide not to "exploit" Pillow Morgan anymore??!!! ROFLMAO!
Hey, the way I look at it, may as well keep riding the horse she came in on.

04-30-14, 07:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
For JT and Stephen, it helped a lot that everyone was tripping over themselves to give the million to JT.

As for Russell, we have a saying in French that translates to: "Twisting and turning like a devil who fell in holy water." That's pretty much what he did, he worked very hard to give Natalie the million. Also, it helped that production kept filling his pockets with immunity idols.

I never said THEY decided to stop exploiting Morgan's looks, she decided that the show was over.

05-01-14, 05:55 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
JT and Stephen played an excellent post-merge game and earned their right to the Finals regardless of how you wish to spin it.

As for Russell, it also helps to work harder, search harder, and play harder than anyone else that season.

QuickBen 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-14, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QuickBen Click to send private message to QuickBen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
"5- Woo: I know it was papayas but when Woo climbed towards the fruits that looked like Morgan's boob, I remembered the old Steve Miller song: "I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree."

okay, that's just funny

dabo 26200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-14, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-14 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

01. Tasha (01). Two ICs in a row, the lady is out to impress.

02. Spencer (02). Shame he didn't play his HII for "Jeremy" but he knew it was a gamble, he also knew it was time to take the gamble.

03. Jefra (05). If it weren't for Queen Kentucky they would not have been able to gang up on Tony and throw it in his face. Not that it did any real good, per his TC performance, but still she was trying to alter the dynamics.

04. Tony (06). Still up to his games, but still fun to watch. He really missed the wake-up call. His arrogance, like that little twist of the knife after Spencer played his HII, will be his downfall.

05. W00ooooo (03). Make him some papaya pie for the Ponderosa, he's never really been in this game, but at least he's willing to let Tony be as ridiculous as Tony wants to be without crying over it.

06. Trish (07). Hitched her wagon to the Tony train and she's stickin' to her man. Some women never learn.

07. Kass (08). Made herself a great goat but has since backpedalled into obscurity, may not make FTC at this rate.

Good-bye Jeremiah (04). When "model" is your big secret, well maybe you can get a gig as one of Penny's hometown bo's next season on Big Bang.

Angel5 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-14, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angel5 Click to send private message to Angel5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE Tony: "
as much as I love survivor I find it rather fishy that Tony was able to find the special idol. me thinks he had some help from the producers.

04-28-14, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RE Tony: "
It's a matter of plausible deniability. "No, we aren't going to talk to you, we aren't going to tell you where it is, we are just going to station a few camera crews here and there and let you follow the bread crumbs if you want, not that you have to, bored out of your skull that you are."

04-28-14, 06:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: RE Tony: "
You're not the only one.
I think it's very telling that SEG is much more concerned about keeping production secrets than the outcome of the seasons. Players, including jurors, are allowed to tweet about the season and how they feel about each other. Others, like Hantz, revealed whole boot lists and were still re-invited. But start talking about how the show is run and you have a lackey telling you to shut up.

04-29-14, 06:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: RE Tony: "
Players get enough help from Production who recycle twists and/or throw "curveballs" the castaways have all seen before.

Earlier this season Tony correctly "guessed" a HII clue was somewhere in their reward bag, and a couple episodes ago Woo correctly "guessed" someone coming back from a reward would also have a clue. Did Production specifically tell them that? IMHO, No...but the fact it's been done a dozen or more times in past seasons led to those correct assumptions.

Despite some laughable claims from some former players who swore they NEVER saw a single episode of Survivor...
(momentary pause here for eye roll)
every cast member should have a good idea what to expect due to Production's predictability.

So it should be no surprise Tony deducted the Idol with special powers would be by an unusual and obscure landmark. How? Because Production usually hides idols at those locations.

At that point I'd say dabo is on the right track with his post. Obviously when Tony went off on his wild scavenger hunt a Production crew was following his every move...that's what they're paid to do. Now as he was getting warmer and warmer to finding the idol, all it would take is a glance toward each other or any sign of anxiety among the crew that Tony might be able to pick up to confirm he was where "X" marked the spot.

No one will know for sure, but because Tony is putting out more effort than anyone else this season, I don't have an issue with him coming up with this special idol regardless of what might have transpired.

Still Conspiracy Theorists will run rampant. And with each episode new patterns of connection and coincidence will always surface continuing to feed these theorists.

Hey, a half century later some conjecturers are still hanging on to the JFK conspiracy despite the Warren Commission with its testimonies from over 500 witnesses in a 26 volume report of over 800 pages. So the chances of tempering any conspiracy speculators on these Boards border between the slim to none.

04-29-14, 10:26 PM (EST)
9. "RE: RE Tony: "
It vas Soviet plot, da. Efry conspiracy you dream up, Soviet agent is there to push it more, is then the subliminal brainwashing make you more the crazy.

04-30-14, 06:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: RE Tony: "
"Soviets?" Really?

Maybe it was organized crime.

No, let's pin it on Castro because of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Or do we dare suspect LBJ himself because he would be next in line for the Presidency?

05-03-14, 06:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: RE Tony: "
Actually ...
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread963050/pg1
see example #2

04-30-14, 07:05 AM (EST)
10. "RE: RE Tony: "
Just answer this: How did Tony know that the riverbank idol wasn't the special one? Spencer only knew it was an ordinary idol after reading its instructions.

04-30-14, 07:17 AM (EST)
11. "RE: RE Tony: "
Prior to Spencer sharing his possession of the HII with Tasha and Jeremiah in the water only Spencer knew he had an idol. As far as Tony was concerned, he had no verifiable proof anyone had an idol so he would have every reason to believe the idol with special powers was still up for grabs.

04-30-14, 11:59 AM (EST)
12. "RE: RE Tony: "
But Tony knew what was in Spencer's clue and wasn't looking where the clue indicated he should look.

Basically, however, Spencer had given up looking. If you want others to think you haven't found it after you have, keep looking.

04-30-14, 06:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: RE Tony: "
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-14 AT 06:17 PM (EST)

Didn't Spencer's clue indicated a riverbed or something of that nature? I would be hard pressed to believe where Spencer found his idol is the ONLY riverbed in that ENTIRE location.

The reason that episode was called "Mad Treasure Hunt" is because EVERYONE (yes, even Pillow Morgan LOL) was out looking for the idol. Would it be farfetched to assume that Spencer may have stopped looking because he suspected someone else may have found the idol?

But you do make a good point. Hey, if I was playing the game, I could speculate until my head exploded...but if I do not actually see the HII with my OWN eyes and am absolutely positive it was found, I'm going to keep on looking.

THAT'S the whole point I was making with Tony. EVERYONE stopped looking without knowing for absolute sure it was found. This is what got Tony appropriately frustrated while everyone else was hanging at camp, soaking in the water, etc. I don't blame him for thinking "screw you all" I'm going to look for it myself and that's just what he did.
If I said ten times before, I'll say it an 11th time...
GOOD FOR HIM!

04-30-14, 07:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: RE Tony: "
Aruba, you are missing the point of my question.

Tony specifically said: "As far as the idol that is hidden in the riverbank, it’s very possible that Spencer, Tash or Jeremiah have it, but, when we had a merge, it said that hidden near camp is an idol with special powers. That’s all I know about it. Let me find that idol: I’ll be super-Tony, Tony-in-trouble no more.”

How did he know there were TWO idols? How did he know that the riverbank idol wasn't the only one available? The merge clue told them there was an idol. Spencer's clue said there was an idol in the riverbank. It didn't say it was a different idol, just where it could be found. Only Spencer should have known that there was two idols because he read the instructions, but Tony obviously knew. Not suspected: KNEW. How come?

05-01-14, 05:58 PM (EST)
21. "RE: RE Tony: "
You're missing MY point.

Unless you actually SEE the idol it's no guarantee it was found. Sure there was a possibility that Spencer or someone else found it. There's also a possibility NO ONE found it.

So you keep on looking and playing hard which is exactly what Tony is doing.

This thread is done. New episode; new thread.

05-03-14, 03:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: RE Tony: "
This thread is not done because again, you missed the point. If Tony was thinking that the RIVERBANK idol hadn't been found, he would have been looking in the RIVERBANK. He wasn't. He was looking for another idol. How did he know that the RIVERBANK idol, whether it was found or not, WASN'T the special idol.

QuickBen 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-14, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QuickBen Click to send private message to QuickBen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
1 - Spencer - just appreciate his cerebral gameplay, his persistence, his ability to rein his emotions and keep himself in check (excepting a couple slight slips), his challenge performances, and his quality strategy in difficult circumstances. And this from a player I expected to dislike before episode one.

2 - Tasha - rocked challenges, played pretty smart. Too bad for LJ he didn't want to play along. Good social game, as with a reasonable person not named Kass she might have saved the Sarah vote-out. Wish she hadn't helped keep J'Tia around, though.

3 - Tony - have to give credit where it's due, Tony has played hard from day one. Maybe too hard, we shall see. Definitely playing too hard with those idols...it's not family hour material. I dunno, Tony has just rubbed me the wrong way with the unnecessary way he lied and manipulated his blue blood friend Sarah.

4 - Trish - the Lyndsey feud was ugly, but there's no disputing Trish has had a keen eye in key situations. You can question her love of fruit, I suppose.

5 - Woo - well, the Sonic and ninja stuff was fun. He's adorable, but not a serious player at this point, though it's clear he loves the game and is having a ball. Can't hate on Woo.

6 - Jefra - you know, just for a second there, I thought she might show a spark of game. But, no. Sweet gal, though.

7 - Kass - thought she was pretty funny at first, then the Sarah eviction exposed her narcissism. Severely impairing the chances of my personal favorites killed any love for Kass for me.

Gone - Jeremiah - so, big boy, I hear ya got some pics on the net. lol

05-03-14, 07:03 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 9"
While I agree that Tony has played hard, a lot of the time it seems he's more out to hog the camera and be the star! He is totally a fish out of water when it comes to the social game.

But at least he isn't genuinely malevolent, just maniacal.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •