The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The little boy who cried bully......"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Addi 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-01-11, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Addi Click to send private message to Addi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The little boy who cried bully......"
Seeya later Coch-a-doodle-DUMB
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 12-02-11 1
   RE: The little boy who cried bully.... Jims02 12-02-11 2
       RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 12-02-11 3
           RE: The little boy who cried bully.... michel 12-03-11 5
               RE: The little boy who cried bully.... Jims02 12-03-11 6
                   RE: The little boy who cried bully.... michel 12-04-11 9
                       RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 12-04-11 11
                           RE: The little boy who cried bully.... michel 12-04-11 12
               RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 12-04-11 7
 RE: The little boy who cried bully.... Puffy 12-03-11 4
   RE: The little boy who cried bully.... iltarion 12-04-11 8
       RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 12-04-11 10
           RE: The little boy who cried bully.... iltarion 12-04-11 14
       RE: The little boy who cried bully.... michel 12-04-11 13
           RE: The little boy who cried bully.... iltarion 12-04-11 15
               RE: The little boy who cried bully.... Estee 12-05-11 16
                   RE: The little boy who cried bully.... michel 12-05-11 17
                       RE: The little boy who cried bully.... iltarion 12-05-11 18
                           Couldn't resist... Estee 05-22-13 19
                               RE: Couldn't resist... PepeLePew13 05-22-13 20
   RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 05-22-13 21
       RE: The little boy who cried bully.... PepeLePew13 05-22-13 22
           RE: The little boy who cried bully.... dabo 05-22-13 23
           RE: The little boy who cried bully.... michel 05-22-13 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-11, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
LOL! Just one more pathetic childhood story and he might have made it, just one more!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
That was the weird thing with Cochran... He seemed really fond of going out of his way to tell all these embarrassing stories to people. I'm not sure if he was just being a Sympathy Whore or if he was just being self-deprecating, but it was getting a bit much.

It's hard to completely buy the Cochran-ostracized-by-Savaii storyline when he opens up with odd stories like that...

A 2003 IceCat original

12-02-11, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
I agree, at some point it stops being endearing and just ends up being creepy. And, really, we're supposed to believe that way back in grade school he was ever bold enough to talk to a girl about sex? LOL!

I think he probably just collected a pile of tales off the internet.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-11, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
Whatever we think as viewers, we should remember that his schtick worked. It got him to the merge. Elyse, a girl he'd never have a chance to be with in the real world, found him endearing. Jim, Keith and Whitney all said they liked him and would have brought him to the end if they had the numbers.

I've heard plenty of Survivors say that the worse thing out there is boredom. That, after being with the same people 24 hours a day for 20 days, they love the merge because it gives them a chance to talk to new people, hear new stories. Cochran's stories were a way to kill time and others laughed at them. Why would he stop?

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-11, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-11 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

I can buy the argument that it's an okay initial strategy to make people like you, I guess, considering the hand Cochran was dealt... Although it's still not a fantastic shtick or anything, given how he still tumbled to the bottom of everyone's totem poles (and got voted off).

But if you're going to play the I'm-An-Awkward-Nerd-Look-How-Cute-I-Am Card, you eventually have to evolve later on to earn some respect from people (and jury votes). One of his confessions this week was very telling in a lot of ways... Where he said that he is constantly thinking of new ways to curry favor with Albert or make Brandon like him more. With Cochran, it all seemed to be about seeking people's approval, even after the merge.

I think Upolu probably liked Cochran enough by then, he doesn't keep having to sell to them. I mean, he gave them the friggin' game! That alone should make him very popular with them. But the longer he continues with his shtick, the more likely someone (like Sophie) would get tired of it. It's a double-edged sword.

You know it must be bad when a geek like myself (who has actually played the Cute-Awkward-Nerd Card before) is cringing at listening to his shtick.

12-04-11, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
"you eventually have to evolve later on to earn some respect from people (and jury votes)."

You are right but that would have come naturally if Upolu had been playing a strategic game. Rick, Edna and Brandon have 0 chance of winning with the way things are going. If they were playing Survivor instead of playing "Six is Enough", they would have been the ones proposing deals to Cochran.

If Cochran had made Final 3 with say Edna and Brandon, don't you think he would have earned some jury votes? Or if Coach had gone with Cochran and Edna as he said he was considering, who do you think would have won?

12-04-11, 04:25 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-11 AT 01:00 AM (EST)

Brandon is an idiot who checked out of the game long ago, after failing to manipulate the first vote, in favor of being a religious DAW hoping to impress the TV audience with his hard-nosed idiotide.

All things considred, he has made himself a great example of being a hard-nosed idiot, nothing else.

12-04-11, 01:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
The worse is that SEG loves to cast those non-players. He is even more close-minded than Shambutch and I never thought I'd see that.

12-04-11, 00:22 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
Yeah, I get all that, but he should have learned with the herpes remark that it is possible to go too far with the schtick. The sharing sex story, I thought, was a TMI. Ick, ick, ick.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-11, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
Raise your hand if you'd like him to be your lawyer.
*looks around*
No takers.

I think it's his "schtick" to act like that.

Puffy

Agman spins my dreidel

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-04-11, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"

Yeah, all these people would have taken him to the end. What a bunch of bunk. That's why Cochran turned on Savii and went with Upolu, because all of Savii wanted to take him to the end. I guess Cochran is just the stupidest guy to ever play Survivor then.

Get real.

Cochran is an extremely socially awkward dude who can't tell the difference between humor and being creepy.

It is the oldest reality TV trick in the game: cast incredibly socially awkward people and put them in social situations.

Its called The Real World 101.

His boot was pretty shocking because of the edit. I don't think we've ever seen a guy booted at 7 get so much of the edit. I guess that shows how boring the rest of the contestants are.

>

12-04-11, 04:16 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
He might have gotten further in the game sticking with Savaii, maybe even have made Final. But only because none of his original tribe considered him a potential winner of the game, he still would lose, no one would vote for him to win.

Still, some of Savaii considered carrying him to the end. Per their interviews. Not because they liked him, but because he wasn't going to win.

12-04-11, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"

This has been a long standing argument, but I don't buy any of their interviews.

I'm sure all of Savii want to make Cochran's decision look as stupid as possible at this point. So, sure, now they all would have taken him to the end. Predictable.

>

12-04-11, 01:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
>His boot was pretty shocking because
>of the edit. I don't
>think we've ever seen a
>guy booted at 7 get
>so much of the edit.

Jonathan Penner.

12-04-11, 02:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-11 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

Good comparison, but Penner's wasn't AS big.

We had multiple confessions from Cochran like every single episode.

Through most of the season, both of us considered this HIS show. CI was never Penner's show. It was always Yul or Ozzy's.

>

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
You now have me convinced Cochran is the next returning player.

12-05-11, 08:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-11 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

What kind of format would need to be invented for him?! Rob and Russell had an Island build to guard against an early boot. Cochran is a schemer and inept. Even Cesternino couldn't overcome that rep.

I guess they could go the BB way and attach Cochran to someone like Joel! Boot Joel, give a golden key to Cochran...

Yes Iltarion, Cochran's visibility almost broke records. I think he had more confessionals than Rob last year but the editing has changed since CI and we more often see those camera hogs. No doubt that if CI had been season 23, Penner would have gotten more confessionals. People like Cristina and Jenny would have been totally invisible.

12-05-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"

Quite true, michel.

Estee, Cochran perhaps, through some miracle, could win one challenge. But he would have to win, at this point, either multiple challenges or a challenge against multiple people. Both seem impossible, frankly.

>

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-13, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Couldn't resist..."
*bump*

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-13, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Couldn't resist..."
Great memory!

05-22-13, 03:32 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
If I ever had a reason to hire a lawyer from the castaways pool, I'd have to go with Eliza. Maybe Deena if I wanted to sue someone.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-13, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
Can't go wrong with Stacey Stillman, either. Maybe Pappy could be the judge for whoever ends up being the lawyer.

05-22-13, 04:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
Good choice if I need a corporate lawyer in the future. Eliza is a defense attorney. But if I ever would need to go on the attack, give me the ADA who specialized in taking down child abusers.

Even if Cochran did decide to pass the bar, I don't have any idea what kind of law he would practice. (And, honestly, a Survivor jury is a completely different thing from a courtroom jury.)

05-22-13, 05:00 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The little boy who cried bully......"
I think I'd hire:

I win the case!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •