The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-12, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-12 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

Things are starting to take shape for the season, though some odd ignores in the edit. Matsing absorbed, it was a good week for Denise and Malcolm. Kalabaw hit the wall and is trying to take it in stride, head in the game sorta. Everything seems going well at Tandang but emotions seem to have taken control of the story there.

01. Malcolm (2). Malcolm is riding high, finally on a winning team, he didn't even have to go looking for intel as it dropped in his lap. At least he was smart and didn't say anything about his HII.

02. Denise (1). Not as good an episode for her as she is now on another disintegrating tribe through no fault of her own. Once again put in the spot going to TC where her vote resolved the power struggle.

03. Jeff (3).

04. Jonathan (5). When Dana collapsed Jonathan became the heart of Kalabaw, even while correctly stating the unfortunate reality that they are now in a tough spot.

05. Michael (6). The odd edit at Tandang is largely ignoring vet Mike, who seemed to have such solid game in episode one. Bumping him up, though, because I think not only does he have his head in the game, he's got his emotions under control, which can't be said of most Tandang. Plus he broke the reward challenge.

06. RC (Roberta) (4). Bad news just keeps coming her way, her confusion and frustration are understandable, but good for her for trying to keep her head in the game and fight back.

07. Pete (8). Mixed bag of an episode for Pete, as he is making moves to secure a power position. Securing Malcolm was smart, but he gave away too much by revealing that he had the HII. And his resentment of Mike is juvenile.

08. Katie (11). Unfortunately, she landed in the next designated boot spot in Kalabaw, but we now know it isn't because she is a bad or boring player or anything like that, she just had the misfortune of losing her entire alliance in a single episode, which leaves her without much story unless she can make it to the merge.

09. Lisa (13). Recovering nicely from her early basketcase game, has moved from the easy "won't miss her" boot to one of her tribe and solid with an alliance. Time will tell if she continues to be a pawn, but she understands the game is about as much what you don't do and don't say as what you do and say.

10. Artis (9). Though counted by Jeff as part of an alliance, when did we see that?

11. Carter (10).

12. Abi-Maria (14). And there she is, the emotional spitfire who got the troubles started in Tandang. Fortunately, she had a pretty quiet episode this time, but continuing to sit out every chance she has has got to be hurting her chances with potential Kalabaw and Matsing jurists.

Good-bye, Dana (7) and Dawson (Sarah) (12). Dawson playing the cat and mouse game on Jeffkent, one of the dumbest things she could have done. Plus her being starstruck by the Jeffs is something I'm glad we won't have to watch anymore. Shame about Dana, don't know why they couldn't have set up an IV and given her a fighting chance for some recovery. Medical must've gotten skiddish after Colton's appendicitis turned out to be an exotic infection.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... SpotTheDiffference 10-22-12 1
 RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... michel 10-23-12 2
   RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... dabo 10-24-12 3
       RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... SpotTheDiffference 10-24-12 4
       RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... michel 10-24-12 5
           RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... AaronLittleton 10-24-12 6
               RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... michel 10-24-12 7
           RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... dabo 10-25-12 8
               RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... michel 10-25-12 9
 RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loath... iltarion 10-26-12 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-22-12, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
1. Malcolm (5, 5, 3, 1)

2. Denise (1, 2, 1, 2)

3. Lisa (3, 14, 10, 7)

4. RC (2, 1, 2, 8)

5. Jeff (7, 4, 4, 4)

6. Jonathan (10, 6, 5, 5)

7. Pete (11, 11, 8, 3)

8. Michael (4, 3, 6, 12)

9. Artis (16, 10, 11, 6)

10. Carter (15, 9, 14, 10)

11. Abi (6, 15, 15, 14)

12. Katie (14, 12, 13, 13)

Out:

Sarah (8, 13, 12, 11)
Dana (12, 8, 7, 9)
Russell (17, 16, 9)
Angie (9, 7)
Roxanne (13)
Zane

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-12, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"

1- RC: She's had some of the most interesting confessionals ever. She knows the game and had it under control for a little while but now has to fight back.

2- Denise: As Aaron Littleton pointed out, Denise could be the first person to attend ALL the Tribal Councils in her season. If she pulls it off she will be the most deserving winner ever. Nothing matters but the vote.

3- Pete: The thing is: He lied to Malcolm: He doesn't have the idol so he didn't give away too much info, he manipulated Malcolm with Abi's idol. Good scheme, I'd say.

4- Lisa: Ok, Malcolm is nice and good looking but what about the game?

5- Mike: What is he up to? There has to be something there. He was the largest character in a season with Jerri and Colby and he is next to nothing here? Wassup?

6- Jonathan: As soon as he gained some control, he lost it and the gap may be insurmountable. Nice scene with Dana though.

7- Jeff: How long will Denise stay with you after the merge?

8- Malcolm: Good job chopping the wood and getting in the alliance. He reminds me too much of Jay.

9- Abi: She may have sat the IC but she won her point in the RC.

10- Katie: Dana had been sick for a while so why count on her in the first place? And she didn't do much to get Denise on her side.

11- Carter: Following Jeff so blindly that it will lead to his early demise. He hasn't realized it yet but he gave away all the power to the older members of the cast.

12- Artis: The story passed him by.

Out- Dana: It sucks to get sick

Booted- Dawson: Maybe Kent owes her a bike but she owes some poor alternate a place in the game. Info is power IF YOU USE IT!!!!

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

10-24-12, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Well, I had a slightly different perception of RC's frolic in the waves (per your post in Veruca's editing thread). While it was certainly gallant, and she is trying to be rational and take stock, she was also isolated from the rest of her tribe there (not good) and in a potential flip position. I don't think she will flip, but she knows she isn't in a good position in the game and has to do something to improve her chances.

As for Pete, I think he has demonstrated now twice a TMI problem, he just doesn't really understand that information is power, don't give away Too Much Information. He set up the reveal of the clue to the rest of the tribe, which given the nature of the HII increased the odds someone would figure out what the HII is and that someone had found it. Telling Malcolm he had the HII, even though a lie, he set himself up as a potential merge target if Malcolm shares information. It would have been better to tell Malcolm he knew who had the HII and was in control of that situation, the truth.

Anyway, yes, Michael's edit is very very odd. He was a dominant presence in Australia, but this time since episode one he has been ignored while the other vets got a lot of facetime.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-12, 05:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
I'm starting to wonder what Michael himself thinks of his bizarre edit, especially given how strong his first episode was. Unless he's being given the HvV Sandra treatment, I highly doubt that he has any potential to win.

10-24-12, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
What Peter could have set up was Malcolm going after Abi first since he thinks Pete has the idol. Then Abi could use the idol on Malcolm. Not TMI: A TRAP.

AaronLittleton 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-24-12, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AaronLittleton Click to send private message to AaronLittleton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Thanks for the mention, Michel! It would certainly be an amazing feat for Denise to go to all TCs this season and come out unscathed. And she seems like she has the smarts to know to state this if she were to make it to FTC. Would love to see it happen. It's cool that after 25 seasons there are still possibilities for new records to be made.

While I'm here, I thought I might add my 2 cents about the TMI problem. While I agree one should be weary of TMI, there have been exceptions to the rule when castaways have revealed too much. I remember thinking Jenna was foolish for divulging everything to Dave when they met up in the Amazon. Yet he was out shortly thereafter and she still managed to win. Granted Peter is playing a different game than Jenna, but it appears that both of these TMI scenarios were for the info-sharer to build trust with their new peer (and all of them happened to be in early 20's) So perhaps this won't come back to haunt Peter - although it will take a lot more to happen for his chances to win.

10-24-12, 06:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Did you know that Jenna claimed that Dave gave her as much info as she gave him? It was edited to make her look like the one blabbing but consider which players she picked: Alex, Rob and Matt, the three that were against Rodger. She also claimed she knew, from what Dave said, that Heidi would be safe. Seeing her on Tambaqui, she knew that they could dominate both sides. I argued a bit against her because it sounded a lot like spin but, even so, it worked!

Getting back to Peter; we all said that Yul was taking a chance telling Becky about his idol, that Taj shouldn't have told Stephen, wondered why Russell told Jaison and Mick or questioned whether Chelsea would stay loyal to Kim after the revelation.

Information is power but it works both ways: What you really want is for people to trust you and telling Malcolm helped Peter gain his trust. OK, Malcolm isn't fully committed but Peter didn't make a mistake from what we can say at this time.

10-25-12, 00:01 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-12 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

Let me attempt to clarify my perspective on Pete's TMI. Survivor is a game of taking risks, there are almost no decisions or moves anyone can make which do not have a component of risk, so I don't criticize anyone simply for taking a risk. My perspective on Pete's TMI risk-taking is that it is spur of the moment, he thinks of doing something and does it, without considering all the consequences.

The clue gambit worked out for him, but as a consequence three members of the tribe who hadn't seen the clue became aware of what the clue said, were that much closer to figuring out what it meant, and given the hidden in plain sight nature of the HII this time more likely to figure out what the HII is and that it has been found.

Securing Malcolm was smart, but Pete was moving fast and opportunistically, which is his MO. Very well. And what he actually said to Malcolm was "we have the idol," and Malcolm assumed that Pete meant Pete had the idol. So, who is this "we" Pete spoke of? Does "we" include his alliance partners? Suppose Malcolm talks about Pete's idol with Artis or Lisa, assuming they are in the know as part of the "we," how might that backfire on Pete. Malcolm and Denise get together at the merge, they can't be open about their partnership of course, but when they can they will share what intel they have with each other.

In any event, if none of this stuff ever backfires on Pete, very well, but if he continues making these quick MO moves and revealing TMI without considering the consequences it will eventually work against him.

10-25-12, 11:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
I certainly understand your POV and it can backfire on Pete but saying nothing can also backfire. If he had kept quiet then maybe Malcolm goes in tight with Mike and RC.

We do not know because we see so little that we can't even tell if Peter truly rushed his talk with Malcolm. We have no idea how much they talked beforehand. We don't know if Peter considered the consequences because his interviews are much longer than what we see. Maybe he told Artis and Lisa exactly what he would say to Malcolm.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-26-12, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"

zzzzzzz.... snort... Huh... Whuh?... Oh, hey, what's up?

I would hope I've been sorely missed. By the looks of this board, I would think so.

I'm in the process of catching up and should be around later. Hold up.

Peace. Out.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •