The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-12, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-12 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

And the Matsing collapse continues. The uneven composition of the three original tribes is really skewing this early game, and the editors are stretching to find things of interest with which to distract us.

01. Denise (2). Moving Denise to top spot this week. Planted on the loser tribe, she at least has her game under control, and MVPed at the challenge (though they lost anyway).

02. Malcolm (4). Good partner for Denise, also did extremely well at the challenge. If only those two had landed on a better tribe, they have played the game very well to this point.

03. RC (Roberta) (1). Loses top spot for not having a good read on main alliance partner Abi-Maria. But MVP for her tribe in the challenge so high marks.

04. Jeff (6). The rare villain I can totally respect, he's got the linchpin position in his tribe and knows it.

05. Jonathan (5). Improving his game, time will tell if he can pull himself out of designated early blindside or need to play the HII.

06. Michael (3). Big drop for being practically invisible two episodes in a row, and for messing up badly at the challenge when he should have known better. I doubt they really needed the diving mask for that challenge, but those things are sure a big help for spear fishing.

07. Dana (8). My early pick for misfit of her tribe and a likely first boot, she got a good edit this time, seems like she's had enough time to fit in with her tribe.

08. Artis (9). We finally heard from Artis and though it wasn't much it put Mike's breaking the mask in perspective, ie. that Mike actually knew better.

09. Russell (7). Managed to survive a third Tribal in a row despite continuing to make bad decisions, that second dive in the challenge was reminiscent of the Russell Swan who played too hard because he thought he had to do everything and practically killed himself in the process.

10. Pete (11). Moving Pete out of indifferent status because his surveillance game is pretty smart, and despite being linked to Abi-Maria is making moves to set up his own game. Time will tell if he's got control or has been blinded by the curves.

Indifferent

11. Carter (12).

12. Katie (13).

13. Dawson (Sarah) (14).

14. Lisa (15). Moving Lisa out of dislike into indifferent, she's not sobbing anymore and is looking to playing the hand she is dealt, not exactly the pro-active game she really needs and she is just a pawn at this point, but at least she is doing better.

Dislike

15. Abi-Maria (16). Props to her for finding the HII. And I could overlook cranky and perhaps hormonal. But this spitfire is just incomprehensible much of the time, keeps making things up in her head that just aren't true, and is clearly a troublemaker. If she could control it that would be something of a game for which I could have some respect, but I don't think she's in control, she's at the mercy of her own nature. (And one of these times, with any luck, one of those dumbly rehidden HII's is going to switch hands by being found by someone else.)

Good-bye, Angie (11). Yet another example of why they should restore the at least 21 years old age restriction.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loath... michel 10-08-12 1
 RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loath... SpotTheDiffference 10-08-12 2
   RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loath... michel 10-09-12 3
       RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loath... SpotTheDiffference 10-09-12 5
           RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loath... michel 10-09-12 7
               RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loath... SpotTheDiffference 10-10-12 9
 Why No Love for Abi? michel 10-09-12 4
   RE: Why No Love for Abi? SpotTheDiffference 10-09-12 6
       RE: Why No Love for Abi? michel 10-09-12 8
           RE: Why No Love for Abi? SpotTheDiffference 10-10-12 10
           RE: Why No Love for Abi? PepeLePew13 10-10-12 11
               RE: Why No Love for Abi? dabo 10-10-12 12
                   RE: Why No Love for Abi? PepeLePew13 10-10-12 13
                   RE: Why No Love for Abi? michel 10-10-12 15
                       RE: Why No Love for Abi? dabo 10-11-12 16
                           RE: Why No Love for Abi? michel 10-11-12 17
               RE: Why No Love for Abi? michel 10-10-12 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-12, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
1- Jeff: Smart and adaptable

2- Pete: Wise and sneaky

3- RC: Strong and knowledgeable

4- Denise: Strong and observant

5- Abi: Distrustful and intense

6- Mike: Dedicated

7- Jonathan: Experimented

8- Dana: Can talk

9- Dawson: Witty

10- Lisa: Pawn

11- Russell: Part of the problem

12- Carter: Silent

13- Katie: Silent

14- Malcolm: Wishy-Washy. Could have kept Angie because a vote is more important than immunity.

15- Artis: Should have stayed silent.

Booted: Angie - More suited to the role of cheerleader than player.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-08-12, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
Worst season since Redemption Island? I think so.

1. Denise (1, 2)

2. RC (2, 1)

3. Malcolm (5, 5)

4. Jeff (7, 4)

5. Jonathan (10, 6)

6. Michael (4, 3)

7. Pete (11, 11)

8. Dana (12, 8)

9. Russell (17, 16)

10. Lisa (3, 14)

11. Artis (16, 10)

12. Sarah (8, 13)

13. Katie (14, 12)

14. Carter (15, 9)

15. Abi-Maria (6, 15)

Out:

Angie (9, 7)
Roxanne (13)
Zane

10-09-12, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
Up to now, it's much better than So Pathetic. I'm grateful that we have no TaliHantz, no Cockroach, no Coach and no Ozzy. Not as many interesting edits as in One World though.

It reminds me a bit of Samoa without Hantz and Shambutch. Kalabaw is invisible like Galu while Matsing and Tandang combine to make up Fooey Fooey. Funny that it's the other Russell that's losing now!

10-09-12, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
I'd personally rank South Pacific just over Redemption Island. At least the cast wasn't composed mostly of sheep.

What I don't like about this season so far is that there's really no one to root for besides RC and maybe Denise, who, let's face it, has no shot at winning after her tribe getting practically Ulong-ed. A switch might help her, but then again, it might not.

The major storylines so far have been mostly about the bootees, and while I appreciate the fact that we get to know more about them, I'd also like getting to know the other people as well. Hopefully, Kalabaw's edit picks up. Artis and Dawson seem to be interesting characters just based on their pre-game interviews.

10-09-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
All of the winning alliance in SP behaved like sheep from day 1 while in RI, Rob turned them into sheep by booting Matt. And Zapatera wasn't a tribe of sheep. Russell could vouch for that. There was nothing as satisfying in SP as seeing Rob winning and Russell getting owned. But that's just me!

10-10-12, 04:23 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S25 Philipines Ep. 3 Love/Loathe List"
There was nothing as satisfying in SP as seeing Rob winning and Russell getting owned. But that's just me!

Nope, it's not just you. I just wish Rob had tougher competition.

I'd probably have to rewatch SP, but I remember being much more interested in Upolu than Ometepe. The whole prayer-centric dynamic definitely turned me off, but as a whole, I remember more about the players of SP than RI.

10-09-12, 06:31 PM (EST)
4. "Why No Love for Abi?"
She's not a diva like NaOnka. She's not loud and she showed some game smarts finding the idol and forming an alliance.

She doesn't trust RC and that's about all she has done. Not trusting someone is the best way to play this game but of course she shouldn't have told RC she doesn't trust her. Yet, it wasn't too obvious because RC isn't aware that Abi is targeting her.

Abi wants to get rid of Mike which is considered by many like the best thing to do when you have returning players so that can't be why she is disliked.

If she is flirting, it hasn't been so flagrant as to be offensive. So, I wonder; why the hate?

I find her to be a fascinating character. Someone that doesn't just sit there and hope that the others forget to eliminate her.

10-09-12, 07:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-12 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

No hate here. It's just that, besides Abi and Russell, there's no one else to not like.

10-09-12, 11:04 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
OK, no hate but 15th place is not a show of respect either. I think she's playing better than most...up to now! That could change judging by the previews.

10-10-12, 04:43 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
Abi's just too much of a loose cannon, IMO. She could have handled her paranoia much better. The beach conversation with RC should be a good example of what made me put Abi at the bottom. RC asks her to drop the conversation, and she keeps snapping at her for no reason.

I do think that Abi is enabling Pete to play a good game. I'm just not sold on her own gameplay being good though.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-12, 05:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-12 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

She has not earned any respect if you ask me. RC did not have to let her in on the clue but she did, and Abi should have respected that. To go crazy over RC talking to Mike without knowing what was being discussed then threatening that she is dead to her is the epitome of being cuckoo. And then going on to tell Pete and find the HII without cluing in RC who told her about the clue in confidence, well who needs enemies when you have friends like that!

I would submit she is not playing a good game when you create potential land-mines like that by screwing people around like that. Fine if she decides she does not like RC after all but sometimes you have to keep your enemies close in order to guarantee lasting in the game longer, and Abi-Mania is potentially leaving herself at risk by going against RC in this manner. Bluntly telling RC in that manner is a terrible game move!

I am not a fan of Abi-Mania in any way at all and she has not earned the respect that you seem to think we should show her. Last I checked, this is a fanatics forum and we are entitled to voice our opinions without being pushed by others into thinking a certain way.

10-10-12, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-12 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

Ditto.

The basic game reality is that someone throwing unexpected curves into things, being difficult, can be a sound tactic. If that person is in control of himself/herself. I don't think Abi is in control of herself. I think she is addicted to drama because that is her nature, so the game has her because she is in soap opera mode.

Day one she lands in a solid alliance. Too good to be true? Let's create rifts where none need to exist. By the end of the first week she has turned on one of her main alliance partners, RC. Why? Because RC shared the HII clue with her. And because RC talks with Mike, the fourth member of the alliance. Does any of this make any sense?

In this case, no. Abi doesn't do these things to sound things out or anything like that, she isn't in control of herself, she has just gone paranoid. The game has her, she doesn't have the game.

I don't hate her, though. She hasn't landed in loathe with Zane, at least not yet. I just have no respect for her game.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-12, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
There's a reason why I call her "Abi-Mania".

10-10-12, 09:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
Before tonight's episode, Abi was inside the strongest tribe, she had the HII, she had a solid alliance with Peter and had the option of either going with RC and Mike or against them, counting on Lisa and Artis to form a new majority. If that's not having game, what is? Paranoia is not a bad thing in this game because everyone is after you!

We'll have time to talk about tonight's event later.

10-11-12, 01:23 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
Feh. If I were rating Abi-Maria on amusement/entertaining factors she would be higher on the list. If I were rating her on day one factors of having landed in a good position in her tribe, yeah she would be higher. So what.

She is a hopeless player, she has no chance in this game. And let me make this clear, in my opinion the game has taken her over, she hasn't taken over the game

10-11-12, 07:31 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
"amusement/entertaining factors"

Some say that's all that matters. At the very least, it keeps us watching.

Like I said, there are tons of young women who found themselves in her position and just coasted, hoping to win by simply being nice. Natalie Tenerelli being the best example but Amber was like that also. I like spunk. I like players. She has it even if she's lacking focus.

10-10-12, 09:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Why No Love for Abi?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-12 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

Wait a minute! I am not pushing anyone, just asking a question. Survivor isn't a game to make friends and you can only be blindsided by your allies so, if paranoia makes you strike first, then you've outlasted your opponent. Yes, your opponent, because even your closest ally is still your opponent (unless you marry her!)

As for RC telling Abi about the clue, I remember Abi saying she had seen RC finding it so that RC didn't have a choice but to show her. It was edited as if only Lisa was present but editors can create false impressions.

As for telling RC, yes, I agreed with you already that it was dumb but RC still considered Abi her #2 before the fourth episode started. So Abi couldn't have been as flagrant in conversation as she was in confessional.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •