The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-26-12, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
As the Summary writer for this episode, I figured I'd get this out of the way first. For those who like "snark," sorry not a lot of sarcastic satire in this list...but I did say I'm the Summary writer this week...

1) KIM (9,5,4,7,1,1,2,1,1,2) - Although she showed some kinks in her armour this episode, no one (other than Troy) steps up to challenge her so it's still her game to lose. Bad decision trying to win RC. She said beforehand she'd take Alicia or Christina if she won to get them away from Troy, but if you want the others away from Troy--Take Troy! In the Godfather's "Book of Success" keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Anyway she seemed to have performed the necessary damage control and did extrememly well in her IC win.

2) SABRINA (1,1,1,1,4,3,4,4,3,3) - Played it super cool back at camp while Kim/Chelsea/Alicia were off on Reward. Also very crafty how she smoked out Christina as one most likely to jump ship. Without question, has the most "street smarts" of anyone this season. If only she wasn't forced to hand over the HII she found, she could be looking at a solid road to the F3.

3) KAT (12,14,12,11,12,10,7,8,5,6) - I must admit she exposed a crack in my hard exterior and I actually felt bad for her. But sorry Kitty Kat, YES you are a follower. You can talk a proactive game all you want, but at the end of the day you did exactly what Kim and her posse wanted and voted for Troy. Didn't a "wise man" say a couple weeks ago that "actions speak louder than words?" LOL. But there's still a game to be played. If she wants to walk the walk she'll need to try to eliminate Kim. If she doesn't, then despite her tears and sorry eyes, her legacy this season will be that of a follower.

4) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5,7,6,9,4,4) - Went surprisely early in the RC. Other than being chosen for Reward by Kim (no surprise) and a solid showing in the IC, not one of her better episodes. But not a bad one either. It's blatantly obvious she's Kim's right hand gal, but at this point of the season it may be too late for anyone to do anything about it.

5) TARZAN (11,12,15,14,13,10,9,10,6,5) - May have been the first episode he didn't do anything to annoy me. His comment to Jeff speaking as a walking Thesauras was comic relief. Although he did create a female group orgy when he beat Troy in his IC heat for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

6) ALICIA (16,16,13,12,7,12,11,6,7,8) - I wouldn't read a lot into Kim taking Alicia to Reward--that was her anti-Troy plan all along. Spreading the wealth with her axe chop at RC is a great way of pissing off as many people off as possible. Her offensive comparison of Christina to her special ed kids needs no further elaboration. She's just a miserable person who has no chance to win...maybe sitting next to Tarzan and Christina? But even then I doubt it.

7) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9,5,3,5,8,7) -Anyone so receptive to being a pawn in this game has got to get a low ranking. She almost inadvertantly brought Troy back into the game, but Kim has too many followers. Never has anyone performed so horribly in a challenge and looked so great. But if her performance does not exceed her appearance in the next episode, she's joining the Jury.

BOOTED) TROY (5,4,2,2,2,2,1,3,2,1) - Aside from not winning the IC, he did as well in this episode as anyone could have in his situation. Granted it was easy to read the writing on the wall, but all in all, he took it well. Definitely used his parting words to campaign for the "Fan Favorite" award. From memory, other than James in Skankivor: Micronesia, I don't think anyone leaving the game at this point won the award. In any event when most fans look at "One World" the two castaways who will immediately come to mind will be Kim and Troy. Final Note: Forget who wins the million next month; Christina's answer of Troy when asked "Who would you want to be stranded on an island with?," makes Troy the Grand Prize winner in my mind.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... Belle Book 04-26-12 1
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-26-12 2
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-27-12 3
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... dabo 04-27-12 4
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-28-12 5
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-28-12 6
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-28-12 8
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-28-12 9
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-28-12 10
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... garyc 04-29-12 14
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-29-12 16
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-30-12 23
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-30-12 22
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-28-12 7
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-29-12 11
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... dabo 04-29-12 12
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-29-12 13
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... garyc 04-29-12 15
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... Belle Book 04-29-12 17
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-29-12 18
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-29-12 19
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-30-12 20
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loath... michel 04-30-12 21
 Tallies dabo 05-02-12 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-12, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-12 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

It sure seems like it's Kim's game to win. True, she made a bad decision when it came to Reward -- she should have let Alicia win -- but she's played an almost-perfect game up to that point and she's probably getting a little tired.

Troyzan sure gave it the old college try -- the problem is that the guys were too disjointed to be able to stick together. Kim and Sabrina were able to re-form the all-girls alliance while the guys weren't able to re-form the all-guys one. And by the time Troyzan realized that Kim had been playing him and Jay, it was too late.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-12, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
Aruba, I have a couple of questions regarding your comments on Sabrina: Don't you think it was dumb of her to tell Christina she was getting votes? Wouldn't it have been better to say Tarzan was getting them?

And no mention that she was the one designated as doing the least for her tribe? It seems that she works less than Kat!

04-27-12, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
On your first question I don't think it was dumb. Unlike some of this cast, Sabrina's objective it to make it to the F3 and put herself in a position to win. By being upfront with Christina, she will use this in hopes of getting her vote (assuming Christina is on the Jury which would be a safe assumption.) She preluded to this when she mentioned in her confessional afterwards that people do remember acts like this later on in the game. I'm sure Troy had the same idea in mind when he approached Jonas giving him a heads-up before he got voted out (hoping to secure Jonas' vote should he make the F3.)

As for your second question...I defintiely have that incorporated in my Summary so I didn't mention it here. I was surpised to hear that but just because one castaway does the LEAST at camp, that's not to say EVERYONE ELSE pulls their weight. There has been mention of Kat not doing much around camp. And although (based on this past RC) it appears Kat does not do the LEAST, I'm not going to assume she does her fair share either.

I also wouldn't make a whole lot of Sabrina being #2. After #1 there's a major dropoff. #2, #3, and #4 are all pretty close to each other on my list this week.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-12, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
1. Porky Pig. I predict he will be the last man standing.

1. Kim (1). Seriously, she weathered the political minefield of the coconut chop reasonably well, though she should have kept her promise to Kat and taken both the Airheads on the reward. Cutting the picnic short and returning to camp quickly with salad for all, smart decision. Back to back RC and IC wins should be very impressive to those guys sitting on the jury. And dang she figured out the IC best, surprising no one else followed her crawl on knees strategy.

2. Chelsea (2). Skated through this one reasonably well without much focus, though she is now clearly Kim's lieutenant and potential usurper.

3. Kat (3). Finally really did wake up, though unfortunately she played it safe on the vote rather than taking/making any big moves.

4. Christina (5). Yep, she is a lucky girl. Well, sort of. From the beginning episode she never was able to get her game in gear, she has managed to survive so far because others were bigger targets, or had worse luck. Had Troy actually had the HII to save himself, though, she could have moved to a much better position to make Final Tribal, but her luck ran out.

5. Sabrina (6). Did a respectable job trying to keep things under control while Alicia, Chelsea and Kim were away from camp on reward and Troy was trying to mess with everyones' heads. When Porky Pig turned up, though, she was portrayed as ruthless.

6. Greg "Tarzan" (7). Playing for time, nothing else.

7. Alicia (8). Clueless fool.

Good-bye Troyzan (4), thanks for playing hard to the last final moment.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-12, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

An unfortunately predictable episode of Survivor that even the oiled up bodies of Chelsea and Christina couldn't elevate beyond average fare.

Eye of the Tiger

1. Kim - After a couple quieter episodes, Kim was given this episode in its entirety. Yeah, she messed up by winning the Popularity Contest. She should have let Alicia win it once it got down to the two of them, but apparently, her pride intervened. Alicia would have likely taken Kim and Kat to the reward, which would have been perfect. However, she was still never in any danger. I guess she took my advice and decided that winning ICs isn't so bad after all. Normally, I might give her no credit for winning a ring toss, but it wasn't just that she won, it was the WAY she won it. Ozzy-like, actually. I'm surprisingly starting to think that Colton's medivac, as great as it was at the time, ruined this season's chance at something really epic. Colton was Kim's only real competition. However, she hasn't closed it out yet....

Let's see the replay

2. Chelsea - Quieter episode for her with Kim stepping back to the fore. However, she still has the 2nd best chance to win this. The path to victory for this SC babe is simple: win the final IC and vote out Kim. With her challenge ability, it is a real possibility. However, would the girl I called the "perfect loyal soldier" do that? She didn't need to beat Kim in the IC, and you could kind of tell that in her body language. She kept competing though, as is her way. Easily a top 5 all time Survivor woman for me.

3. Sabrina - She would still be my pick for the Finals. Forget the previews for next week, which are likely trying to disguise another predictable boot. She showed some wits by entertaining Troy's ideas and observing the reactions of the other women. She kept Kim and Chelsea's interests in mind while they were gone on reward. Her spilling the beans to Christina was a smart play for her vote. Again, another unnecessary lie by Kim? It isn't like there is anything Christina can do about it. Sabrina might as well try to take advantage.

4. Kat - She got a nice piece of the edit this episode, but that probably only had the purpose of injecting a tiny bit of suspense into a TC as surprising as the end of the movie Titanic. She was also used to illustrate Kim's mistake and then quick recovery. Nothing more. Actually, Troy just gave Kim a reason to keep Kat out of the Finals. If you are Kim, you kick Kat out at F5. She is a bigger threat to win the final IC than Alicia is.

5. Alicia - I find her criticisms of Christina's IQ to be laughable. Special Ed teachers aren't exactly the elite of academia. Usually they are in it for the kids, but that is hard to believe in this case. Kim didn't want her alone with Troy, and that is a bad sign for her. She still has a goat's chance of slinking into the Finals. Regardless, once Christina is gone, there is no one left that she can beat.

6. Tarzan - As the last guy left, he might actually be able to get some votes from the majority male jury. So, there is no way Kim and Chelsea let him anywhere near the Finals. He could skate as far as F5 though. Kim has to feel he is a vote for her and not Chelsea; therefore, get him on the jury.

7. Christina - I'm sure she has some plan out there, but the edit is leaving it out. She was an easy target for everyone not named Troy during the Q&A session. Therefore, I wouldn't take too much out of the answers. This episode, however, showed that she HAD to move earlier than she has. She was idiotic to tell Troy she was the other target, but wise to vote for Chelsea. She was grasping at straws but at least she was grasping.

THAT MR. ANDERSON IS THE SOUND OF INEVITABILITY...

TROY - What a disappointment it must have been to have your Survivor life come down to a ring toss. I mean, seriously? The F8 IC is a ring toss? Anyway, he still has no one to blame but himself. It would have been wiser to get over his issue with Michael and join the Frat Pack; always align with the stronger if you can. They provide cover for you. Then, he allowed the women to boot his own alliance mate, Jonas, which doomed the men in the game. Plus, of course, he agreed with Colton and allowed the men to forfeit immunity. Not a great player, but an entertaining guy with a lot of heart. A definite candidate to return some day.

>

04-28-12, 07:23 AM (EST)
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
On Colton's hypothetical chances when merged:

Even if Colton is not medivaced and makes the merge, I don't see him this deep in the game. With the merge at 12, no way a majority of the remaining players allow Colton to keep his (Sabrina's) HII. At the very first TC after the merge he is either forced to play the HII to save himself, or gets blindsided and leaves the game with the idol in his pocket. With 11 players and NO idol, he's dead meat IMO.

In defense of Troy:

It was a major oversight of the Frat Pack 4 to not consider Troy right from Day One. Despite whatever issue may have existed between Troy and Michael, I truly believe this was more a case of the YOUNG four buff guys not being receptive to a 50-year old man. We know now Troy did not act or perform like a 50-year old, but fact of the matter, he IS 50 and at the very early stages of this game it was a factor. So I'm not blaming Troy for that.

It was more than the women wanting to boot Jonas. Tarzan, fresh off his blowup with him, also wanted Jonas gone. He wouldn't even accept the olive branch Jonas offered him before he brought his torch to Jeff. There's your simple majority right there. Troy could not have tried any harder to get five out of nine to turn the game around...so not being able to get five out of twelve to save Jonas is hardly a case of "allowing" the Jonas boot to happen.

You don't have to be a major reader of body language to know that Jay and Troy did NOT want to be at that TC when they voted out Bill. So why were they...because they do not have a crystal ball as a luxury item. If Troy and Jay knew there'd be a tribal switch immediately after that TC AND they knew they would not be on the same tribe as Colton after the switch, there's absolutely, positively NO WAY either or both agree to go to that TC.

Let's say Troy does speak up and be the voice that says, "we're not going." The coattail riders, zombies, and social idiots that define the likes of Jonas, Leif, and Tarzan would have scattered behind Colton and his HII, shrugged their shoulders and said, "Oh well...if Troy doesn't want to go, then I guess we're not going." Now Troy goes from a player who was never considered getting any votes in any Manono TC to a player who's most at risk should they go to another TC.

I agree, Production's decision to have a lame IC at this stage of the game was a major disappointment for Troy. But Production's intital decisions, i.e., casting, men vs. women with Colton in the cast, and early HII twist, didn't do Troy any favors either.

04-28-12, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
Actually, there was never a frat pack except in Matt and Mike's head. Troy had an alliance with Jonas, Bill, Leif and Jay from the start so he was dumb to let Bill go and side with Colton.

Did Troy work to appease Tarzan? No, he went along with his Salani alliance. If all five guys vote against Chritina, one of the women would have gone along. I'll agree with you, he didn't "allow" Jonas to be booted, he pushed for it.

Jay had already spoken up. All he needed was someone to back him up. No one would have targeted Troy if he had said the idea was ridiculous because it was ridiculous.

ICs are quite often lame, some a lot more than this one. Remember bowling?! Battleship? Lilly pads? House of cards? Don't count on IC, count on alliances. It's a social game, not a sport.

04-28-12, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

Without the medivac, Christina is gone. We go to merge with the guys having a 7-5 advantage, and Salani having a 7-5 advantage. That makes it a totally different ball game.

You say "the majority" would never have allowed Colton to skate with his HII, but it takes a split vote to smoke out the HII and who had enough votes to pull that off? In the above scenario- no one.

Would Troy, Jay and Michael be so quick to stick to Salani if the men had a 7-5 advantage? I doubt it. I think at the very least they would have insisted on Alicia being the first boot.

On the other hand, down 7-5, the women would have been desperate for Colton to join them in the same way Alicia, Monica and Christina were desperate on NuManono. There is NO WAY they target Colton first. Why target the very guy who might flip to you?

Plus, add in the fact that Colton was a dream goat and zero challenge threat. No, I don't see Colton going anywhere any time soon.

Mike said in his interview that Troy had issues with him from the beginning. Troy has said nothing to suggest Mike was telling a one-sided story. Even if the Frat Pack had rejected Troy for Colton at the outset, Troy still could have went to them after Colton revealed the HII and assembled the Misfits. They were dead in the water at that point and would have voted for whoever Troy wanted out.

Tarzan has said all along that he wanted the men to stick together. He was the first to suggest it after the merge. I think his blow-up at Jonas meant nothing. He still would have voted with the men if they would have stuck together.

After the merge, Troy still had the hammer in his hands, even with a 6-6 gender tie. Why? Because of Christina. If he wanted to stick with Salani, then he should have put Kim's feet to the fire and insist Alicia went home. If Kim/Chelsea acquiesce, then he and Jay know they have a bonafide Salani alliance. If they refuse, then you gather the men and Christina and boot Alicia anyway.

I imagine Christina would have jumped at the chance to boot Alicia at that point. The ONLY thing that could have stopped that plan would have been Mike, but Mike would have been an idiot to side with the women, knowing that they would target him the first chance they got.

As far as giving up immunity goes, I have never bought it that whoever protested would have been immediately sent home. First of all, your argument regarding the "crystal ball" contradicts itself.

If they were not looking in the crystal ball and predicting a tribal switch, then why go to TC and boot Bill??

They went to TC directly because they WERE anticipating a tribal switch. So, whoever protested giving up immunity was safe anyway.

Secondly, if so many of the guys really thought TC was a bad idea, then why would they have booted whoever stopped them from going? Because he would then be an easy target? Maybe. Or maybe they actually would have been grateful and regrouped around that person.

>

04-28-12, 04:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
I love it when I am on this side of the 2-1 split. It's momentary, I know, but it's fun.

This should be framed because you know we will hear that the men were done in by production at least a few more times before the reunion:

"After the merge, Troy still had the hammer in his hands, even with a 6-6 gender tie. Why? Because of Christina. If he wanted to stick with Salani, then he should have put Kim's feet to the fire and insist Alicia went home. If Kim/Chelsea acquiesce, then he and Jay know they have a bonafide Salani alliance. If they refuse, then you gather the men and Christina and boot Alicia anyway.'

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-12, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-12 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Are we sure Christina would have voted with the men? She hasn't come across as very good at strategizing; or at recognizing that she is the least well connected within the women's alliance.

04-29-12, 02:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
No, we are not but Kim wouldn't know either. At worst, we have a 6-6 tie with Troyzan holding both the immunity necklace and an idol. Troy could have forced the issue at the merge in order to get rid of Alicia but he just let Jonas get voted out.

04-30-12, 09:52 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

If the vote was for Alicia, then yeah, I think it is pretty safe to assume Christina would have voted with the men.

Remember, this was immediately after the medivac. Christina had just made inroads with Jonas and Leif and was going to vote for Alicia at the next NuManono TC.

>

04-30-12, 07:35 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
In principle I hear all you're saying about Colton post merge. Hey, If I were playing the game, I'd want him around for all the reasons you stated.

The reason I believe he would not have been long for the game after the merge is because of Kim. Kim (with a HII in hand) would have done everything possible to either get that HII out of Colton's hands, or blindside him out of the game. Remember she had Jay and Troy immediately after post-merge. Let's face it...it's Day 30 and whatever Kim wanted she got up to this point. I don't think Colton would have been any different.

If Troy had "the hammer" at merge to save Jonas, Tarzan had the bulldozer that destroyed ANY chances of the men taking an advantage with his blowup with Jonas. NO WAY Tarzen would have voted for ANYONE OTHER THAN Jonas at that TC. Even if Troy was able to swing a woman, i.e. Christina it would have just brought it back to 6-6. With Tarzan giving the women that seventh vote why would any woman want to flip at that point?

Troy could not have went to the Frat Pack after Colton revealed the HII because Jay jumped shipped. Jay sold out Troy in Ep. 9; he probably would have done the same back then. Troy and the young buff guys needed to align right from the getgo. But thanks to the greatest divide in Reality Show that wasn't going to happen.

Who said "so many of the guys" thought going to TC was a bad idea? I didn't. I'm sure Troy and Jay did. But Tarzan, Jonas and Leif were gung ho for it. This is EXACTLY what I've meant all along when saying idiots, zombies and coattail riders have predominated this season. Sadly most of this cast is/was just playing to see how far they might get as opposed to playing for the win.

04-28-12, 03:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
1- Kim: She went after Sabrina once the men were eliminated from the RC. So, if she is already targeting Sabrina, Kim could very well let Kat “decide” that it’s time to eliminate their former leader. We saw Kim smiling after Jeff asked Now What? I figure it meant that she was already thinking far ahead as she always has.

2- Kat: Will Kat do it? We have seen the hard road that Kat has followed to get here: From being clueless and nearly the first woman voted out, she now is the one that looks to be in the best position to change the game. The problem is that Kat can’t differentiate a good plan from a ridiculous idea! Kim reminding Kat that this was a game for a million dollars makes sense only if those two are in it to the end or, at the very least, if Kat believes she’s in it to the end with Kim. Now that the source of paranoia is gone, Kat should be more reasonable.

3- Chelsea: She didn’t look too smart during Tribal Council, admitting that talks of Final three had started on day 1. After a couple of episodes where Chelsea had been more involved in strategy, she was quiet in this episode. Chelsea had always been the biggest supporter of Men versus Women so, now that the war is practically over, it wasn’t surprising that Chelsea’s role began to erode: She had never thought about the next stage of the game, the part we are now entering when it will be women against women.

4- Christina: At first, I saw Christina's move as being dumber than Sabrina's but thinking about it, it wasn't bad at all: With votes going against Troy and herself, Christina couldn't muster enough votes to boot Chelsea but, IF TROY HAD THE IDOL, which was her only fear, all she needed was for him to vote for Chelsea instead. If Troy had the idol, he wouldn't have been so concerned with getting the numbers and his vote, alongside Christina's and maybe Tarzan's would have been enough to get rid of the 2nd in charge. If Troy had the idol, he would have voted for Chelsea, no doubt. Christina actually did something to save herself. Who knew?! Kim probably has her hooks in her also and her vote will be useful.

5- Alicia: Maybe she will be in the F3 like Troy suggested. She seemed quite comfortable with Kim during the reward and after the TC. Alicia won't make a move.

6- Tarzan: After all his “the game is afoot” comments, it seems that his game is rather pedestrian. However, he is doing a good job: Kim, Kat and Sabrina were ready to trust him with their lives and Kim had no problem sending him back to camp with Troy.

7- Sabrina: What a dumb move! Despite what she thought, Christina wasn’t totally fine with it because she didn’t go along with it. Don't you guys think Kim noted that Sab blabbed the plan to Christina? You only see a good move to earn a jury vote, I see an excellent reason to boot Sabrina. Doing the least in camp is another good reason. More reasons for her to go than to stay is a clear indication that LL is waiting for Sab.

Booted - Troyzan: I think you guys overestimate Troyzan and need to remember a few things: Let's start with why Chris succeeded in Vanuatu: He knew there was one weak link in Yasur: Eliza. He kept hitting that nail along with Twila and Scout until Leann and Ami relented and agreed it was time for her to go.

Troy's mistake was inconsistancy and a poor aim.

- At the previous TC, he had pegged Kim, Chelsea, Kat and Sabrina as the F4 but suddenly he changed and said it was Kim, Chelsea and Alicia in the F3. Moving targets are hard to hit. He would have been much better to stick with the first F4 and tell the group that Alicia was just taken along to keep her in line. Reveal how much Kim was controlling the game, show them they needed to shake it up.

- As for his aim, he knew no one would vote for Chelsea but why didn't he see no one would vote for Kim???? His target, right from the start, should have been the least liked of the F4 and that seemed to be Sabrina. He only needed one woman voted out so maybe Alicia and Christina would have joined him if he had targeted Sabrina, not Kim whom everyone trusts with their lives. Dumbass but we knew that from his days in Manono.

04-29-12, 00:02 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

I believe you are completely misreading the RC. Remember the plan? Kim didn't want Troy, Alicia and Christina together, either on reward or left at camp.

Obviously, there was no chance that Troy would win reward. Therefore, the only concern was all 3 getting left behind.

Of course Kim went after Sabrina because she wanted Sabrina at camp with the guys. She trusts her. Do you think it was coincidence that Alicia and Christina, two of the very people Kim had mentioned, were both in the final 3? No way. You guarantee splitting them up by giving Alicia and Christina a chance to win.

So, what reason does Kim have to send Sabrina home? Are you insinuating that Sabrina is now less trustworthy than Alicia? Hahaha... only if Kim is an idiot, which I doubt.

Sabrina is protecting Kim. It would be a big mistake to get rid of her. Without Sabrina, Alicia, Kat and Tarzan can attack Kim/Chelsea at F5. You seem to suggest that Alicia and Kat wouldn't do that because they are good for the F3. Yeah, but what good does that do them if Kim is sitting beside them? Zero.

Unless they are all complete morons, they know they only have a shot if they boot Kim at some point. If she gets rid of Sabrina, she increases their chances of accomplishing that. I don't see it.

>

04-29-12, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
Sabrina is working for her alliance, agree with you there. And she did her job handling Kat as she was supposed to do.

She did make a big mistake last episode telling Christina about the split vote strategy. Not that there was anything wrong with talking to Christina, but her reason for telling her about the vote strategy was the wrong reason. She put her alliance at risk.

Follow. If Troy has an idol he will play it to save himself. Christina, knowing she is the secondary target, now has one play to make, take her vote off Troy, switch her target, and try to convince Troy to vote with her. And then she and/or Troy should try to sway at least one other vote against Chelsea, tip the balance. Big game changer.

04-29-12, 01:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

>I believe you are completely misreading
>the RC. Remember the plan?
>Kim didn't want Troy, Alicia
>and Christina together, either on
>reward or left at camp...
>Of course Kim went after Sabrina
>because she wanted Sabrina at
>camp with the guys. She
>trusts her.

I believe you are the one reading things into the RC. Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong.

As far as I am concerned, I am not reading anything into the RC; I am simply noting what I saw: Kim, after chopping Troy and Tarzan, gave her 3rd hit to Sabrina.
Then I take note of the previews where Chelsea and Kim are talking about the vote:

Chelsea: "Everyone's wanting Kat out next."
Kim: "Sabrina first."

And I am remembering what Kim told Sabrina when asked how far ahead she was thinking: "Far".

From that, I only asked a question: Did Kim already have Sabrina in her sights?

>So, what reason does Kim have
>to send Sabrina home? Are
>you insinuating that Sabrina is
>now less trustworthy than Alicia?
>Hahaha... only if Kim is
>an idiot, which I doubt.

You see TV Sabrina and TV Alicia and assume Kim is forming her judgment on the same criteria. Me, I look for what Kim said and the only time she talked about trusting one or the other was back in episode 4 after the IC loss and before Manono gave the game away:

In this scene, Sabrina was with Kim and talked about voting out Alicia. She said: “Alicia’s got to go. Alicia does not want to be here.”
That surprised Kim who replied: “I don’t know that Christina is contributing anymore than Alicia,”
Sab wasn’t letting go: “She is contributing a lot more in camp and who has had a beef with people?”

Kim then had this confessional: “For sure, I thought Christina was the next one to go so, the mood is weird now. Sabrina is trying to shake things up. That makes me a little nervous.

Sabrina wanted to shake things up before and now she revealed the plan to Christina and even asked Troy what was his master plan. Kim is probably aware of that but not the reason Sabrina told us. To Kim, Sabrina could very well look like a more dangerous player than Alicia. Sab made her nervous before and, at this stage, you don't want people that are trying to shake things up.

BTW, I find it hilarious that Sabrina used camp contribution as a voting factor with what we now know.

>Sabrina is protecting Kim. It would
>be a big mistake to
>get rid of her. Without
>Sabrina, Alicia, Kat and Tarzan
>can attack Kim/Chelsea at F5.

Or Kim has Alicia, Christina and Tarzan under her thumb. We don't know the inner dynamics.

>You seem to suggest that
>Alicia and Kat wouldn't do
>that because they are good
>for the F3. Yeah, but
>what good does that do
>them if Kim is sitting
>beside them? Zero.

Now, you are suggesting that Alicia and Kat have the ability to see that far ahead?! Ha!Ha!Ha! At this stage, they are just trying to get to the F3.

>Unless they are all complete morons,

They are.

>they know they only have
>a shot if they boot
>Kim at some point.

Or they think people will be bitter towards Kim.

>If (Kim) gets rid of Sabrina,
>she increases their chances of
>accomplishing that. I don't see
>it.

Actually, by booting Sabrina, Kim increases the trust she has with Kat and Alicia tenfold. Especially if she does it because that was what Kat wanted!!!!!! And if Alicia finds out that Sab wanted her gone. Now, how would Alicia find that out?!

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-12, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
Don't know that they realize they can't win against Kim at final TC. We do, because we've been shown Kim in control. I'm not at all sure what Alicia, Christina, Tarzan and Kat see.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-12, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
I agree. What we see on the outside might be different from what Alicia, Christina, Kat and Tarzan see on the inside. And besides, Kim might be smart enough to make people think she's not in control when in fact, she is.

04-29-12, 09:13 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

Every guy that has left the game has said Kim was in charge. Are you all stating that the men are more perceptive than the women?

Why would Troy vote for Kim? Because she is in charge. Even if they weren't clued in before, unlikely, Troy made it very clear who was in charge and what was going on.

A quote from Kim on Episode 4 certainly doesn't override what we've seen more recently.

We saw Kim and Sabrina discuss the F3.

Just this last episode Kim said she didn't want to see Alicia, Christina, and Troy together. That is stating very clearly who is out there that she doesn't trust.

Sabrina is voted as contributing the least to the tribe. Another great reason to keep her around. That is who you want sitting next to you at FTC.

It was necessary to show Sabrina reveal the vote to Christina in order to explain how Christina was then able to reveal the vote to Troy. So, it wasn't something that was kept in the edit to say anything about Sabrina.

I can agree that Kat probably doesn't know she can't beat Kim and would probably be fine with riding Kim to the F3. Of course, Kat's comments last episode contradict that.

But I think Alicia would love to make a move if an opening was allowed to her. If you boot Sabrina, Alicia has her chance.

Of course the previews aren't going to lead us to believe another predictable boot is coming. They almost always play whatever other angle they possible can. So, when Kim tells Chelsea, "Sabrina first" in a preview, that makes me doubt more that she is going anywhere.

Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

>

04-29-12, 09:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

>Why would Troy vote for Kim?
>Because she is in charge.

Why would Troy vote against Kim?
Because she is in charge.
Works both ways.

>Even if they weren't clued
>in before, unlikely, Troy made
>it very clear who was
>in charge and what was
>going on.

They know Kim's ideas make a lot of sense, so they are going along. In charge? It's never that clear cut.

>A quote from Kim on Episode
>4 certainly doesn't override what
>we've seen more recently.
>We saw Kim and Sabrina discuss
>the F3.

Because Kim needed to get all the women on board to eliminate the guys and Sab was the one present at the time. You never promise someone anything less than F3 unless you are Alex Bell.

>Just this last episode Kim said
>she didn't want to see
>Alicia, Christina, and Troy together.
>That is stating very clearly
>who is out there that
>she doesn't trust.

She said that to Kat but is it what she really thinks? Was it just a way to set the stage to give a spot to Alicia? Kim also said that Alicia and Chelsea were the two she wanted to be with the most so there was deception in her words. I'm thinking she is saying what everyone needs to hear, not what she is thinking.

>Sabrina is voted as contributing the
>least to the tribe. Another
>great reason to keep her
>around. That is who you
>want sitting next to you
>at FTC.

There are plenty of goats for Kim. Keep the ones you trust.

>It was necessary to show Sabrina
>reveal the vote to Christina
>in order to explain how
>Christina was then able to
>reveal the vote to Troy.
>So, it wasn't something that
>was kept in the edit
>to say anything about Sabrina.

Even if nothing had been shown, Troy's vote for Christina would have led the audience to think Tarzan told him to do so. Nothing in that scene was absolutely necessary.

>I can agree that Kat probably
>doesn't know she can't beat
>Kim and would probably be
>fine with riding Kim to
>the F3. Of course, Kat's
>comments last episode contradict that.

But Kat thinks she is running the show, that her only problem is that no one sees it: "I am getting tired that people keep on telling me what to do because, you know, no one thinks I am the one running the show. Everyone thinks that Kim is, like I can't make a decision for myself? What is this? It’s frustrating for me."

>But I think Alicia would love
>to make a move if
>an opening was allowed to
>her. If you boot Sabrina,
>Alicia has her chance.

Voting out Sab would satisfy Alicia's need to make a move and, if it doesn't, then there's still Chelsea.

>Of course the previews aren't going
>to lead us to believe
>another predictable boot is coming.
>They almost always play whatever
>other angle they possible can.
>So, when Kim tells Chelsea,
>"Sabrina first" in a preview,
>that makes me doubt more
>that she is going anywhere.

But the previews usually relate to what happens in the episode. Note that the previews are already giving us two boot options: Kat and Sab. Misdirection usually plays up one alternate angle, not two. A predictable boot would be either Tarzan or Christina so they'd just need to involve one of Kat or Sab in order to blur the situation, not both.

04-30-12, 00:20 AM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"

"Because Kim needed to get all the women on board to eliminate the guys and Sab was the one present at the time..."

Haha... that interpretation of the event is hilarious on many levels. Keep em coming. You are on a roll.

"I'm thinking she is saying what everyone needs to hear, not what she is thinking."

Oh, I see, you are interpreting not what Kim is saying, but what she is thinking! Ah... well, how can I argue with that? I do not profess to know what Kim is thinking.

"There are plenty of goats for Kim. Keep the ones you trust."

That makes sense if Kim trusts Alicia more than Sabrina. That would probably make Kim the sole person on this planet with that distinction.

"Nothing in that scene was absolutely necessary."

Actually, yeah it was. That scene set up Troy's plan. Setting up Troy's plan gave viewers a reason to watch TC. The viewers putting 2-and-2 together after the fact without knowing the possibility ahead of time, does nothing.

"Voting out Sab would satisfy Alicia's need to make a move..."

Ah, so Kim deciding to boot Sab satisfies Alicia's need to make a "move." I see...

"Note that the previews are already giving us two boot options: Kat and Sab. "

Two are better than one, especially when the one is what can be guessed a second after Troy takes the walk.

>

04-30-12, 10:06 AM (EST)
21. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 11 Love/Loathe List"
"Oh, I see, you are interpreting not what Kim is saying, but what she is thinking! Ah... well, how can I argue with that? I do not profess to know what Kim is thinking."

I'm not saying I know what Kim is thinking, just that what she thinks could be different than what she says to her allies, to Kat in that particular scene. What she thinks is what she gives in confessionals, not in discussions. In confessionals, she said Sab made her nervous and that she wants to keep her options open.

"That makes sense if Kim trusts Alicia more than Sabrina. That would probably make Kim the sole person on this planet with that distinction."

This game is never a question of you trusting others, it's a question of them trusting YOU. It's when you trust others that you get blindsided, it's when they trust YOU that YOU can do whatever you need: Either blindside them or get to the end with them.

I think Kim has the trust of both. That little challenge told us so. Keeping Alicia over Sab makes sense if Kim thinks Alicia is dumber than Sab at playing the game.

"Ah, so Kim deciding to boot Sab satisfies Alicia's need to make a "move." I see..."

You don't see so let me explain: Mike's boot satisfied Troyzan greatly. He thought HE had gotten rid of an adversary even if it was Kim's move. The same way, Kim could tell Alicia that Sab had been gunning for her instead of Christina so Alicia now wants Sab out of the game and is very happy to have gotten one of the Salani-Five out of the game.

We'll see on Wednesday but I do not think Tarzan or Christina is going home.

05-02-12, 00:01 AM (EST)
24. "Tallies"
Kim - 4|1
Chelsea - 11|2.75
Kat - 12|3
Sabrina - 17|4.25
Christina - 22|5.5
Alicia - 23|5.75
Greg "Tarzan" - 23|5.75

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •