The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kim"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-12, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kim"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-12 AT 08:36 AM (EST)

Maybe it is just what I notice, but do we hear and see less of Kim than what we would expect from the winner of the season? Of the remaining players, with the exception of Christina, I feel like I know less about Kim than anyone.

Suppose there could be an advantage to that. She's giving the other players fewer (or no) reasons to vote against her if she makes final TC.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kim Aruba 04-22-12 1
   RE: Kim Belle Book 04-22-12 2
       RE: Kim iltarion 04-22-12 3
           RE: Kim iltarion 04-22-12 4
   RE: Kim DRONES 05-01-12 27
 RE: Kim michel 04-22-12 5
   RE: Kim krismiss2us 04-22-12 6
       RE: Kim michel 04-22-12 7
       RE: Kim Aruba 04-23-12 8
       RE: Kim Toban 04-23-12 11
           RE: Kim PepeLePew13 04-26-12 15
               RE: Kim iltarion 04-27-12 16
                   RE: Kim Belle Book 04-27-12 17
                   RE: Kim dabo 04-27-12 18
                   RE: Kim PepeLePew13 04-27-12 19
                       RE: Kim iltarion 04-28-12 20
                           RE: Kim dabo 04-28-12 21
                               RE: Kim Aruba 04-28-12 22
                               Fun Idea michel 04-28-12 23
                                   RE: Fun Idea dabo 04-28-12 24
                                       RE: Fun Idea michel 04-28-12 25
                                           RE: Fun Idea byoffer 05-01-12 28
                                   RE: Fun Idea Aruba 04-30-12 26
                                       RE: Fun Idea byoffer 05-01-12 29
   RE: Kim Aruba 04-23-12 9
       RE: Kim michel 04-23-12 10
           RE: Kim Aruba 04-23-12 12
               RE: Kim iltarion 04-23-12 13
                   RE: Kim michel 04-23-12 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-22-12, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kim"
I can't speak for all, but I watch Survivor for two reasons. First and foremost, it's a GAME and you want to watch castaways playing the game well with the ultimate goal of winning. Secondly, it's a SHOW and you want to be entertained.

Kim's gamemanship cannot be questioned and with this aspect of Survivor she has deserving been given a decent amount of face time.

As for the latter...let's face it, Kim is about as entertaining as watching grass grow. Clearly there's other characters this season whose entertainment value is far greater than Kim which is why she will be understandablly shortchanged with this aspect of the show.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-22-12, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kim"
I haven't been watching the show due to watching American Idol at the same time, but you're probably right about Kim being great with gamesmanship and awful with entertainment. Of course, I suspect one reason why she's so awful with being real entertaining is because she's so focused on the game aspects of it. In Season 2 of The Apprentice Kelly was great with the business aspects of the show, but he took the business aspects so seriously that he was far less entertaining.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-12, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kim"

Wow, BB, a Season 2 Apprentice Kelly reference, that is something. Exactly right too, though everyone is kind of guaranteed some face time in that show due to being project manager.

To address the question in this thread, Kim is getting far more face time than Sophie did last season. I have pointed out already that Kim is getting a strict game edit, which means everything she says has to do with the game. She has gotten pretty much zero personal edit.

Other than her statements of opposition to the religion being forced on her tribe, Sophie also had zero personal edit.

So, obviously, one can win without a personal edit.

I feel Kim's situation probably mirrors Sophie's in that there are simply more interesting story lines and characters to follow.

Furthermore, could Kim's main attachment to Sabrina be due to faith? We have seen Kim pray to God herself, and both her and Sabrina have led their tribe in prayer. It is possible that due to the way faith in the game was treated last season, MB didn't want Kim, their winner, being shown as overtly religious. Therefore, they have minimized her edit.

I'm not saying that is the only reason, as there are obvious reasons why Troy and Chelsea would be get a lot of screen time. I'm just pointing out that it could be a factor.

>

04-22-12, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kim"

It is also POSSIBLE, though more far-fetched, that TROY could win this.

During this last episode, I felt Kim/Chelsea and Troy sort of being set up as the favorite vs. the underdog type story line. The edit has done nearly everything in its power to show Kim as the power player.

That is a science fiction type scenario at this point because Troy would have to win so many immunities to have a chance, and I don't feel that is likely with Chelsea, Kim and Kat all being opponents who can win a challenge.

I mean, when is the "hang onto a pole" challenge? I certainly would think all 3 ladies would have the advantage on Troy in that one.

But anyway, in THAT scenario, production didn't want us getting too attached to Kim. They just wanted to convince us of her game play.

>

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-12, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Kim"
I disagree about Kim not being interesting to watch. I always enjoy watching tactical players.

Parvati was a good player, however in cook islands she finished a very pedestrian 6th.

My top female players are:
Danni
Who really had to overcome a lot to win. It seemed like she was targeted almost every episode.

Kim
If she wins this season, by sticking with the women. Very risky move for a player who originally thought she had a better chance by teaming up with the men.

Tina
She was the originator of teaming up with a strong male while still looking like the puppet master.

Sandra
She had some horrible editing and she didn't come off as a very likeable person, however she did win the show twice which is pretty remarkable.

DRONES

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-12, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kim"
I'd say that, if Kim wins, she will have received the best edit for a female winner outside of Parvati. Survivor always had trouble editing their women, especially the ones that win by scheming.

I really don't see a comparison with Sophie who was mostly hidden because she wasn't like by many people. Sophie's story was practically contained in the final episode when she broke down at the second F5 TC. Before that, most people saw her as a spoiled brat. Look at her when Cochran first and Edna next tried to plead their case. Sophie didn't even look at them, too busy getting suntanned or cleaning her toe nails.

If Kim seems partially hidden then it could be because she is well liked by everyone. If we saw how close she was to everyone then we'd have even less doubt about her chances. As for entertaining, it isn't her job to be entertaining yet I like the way she laughs at her comments during most of her confessionals, showing that she doesn't take herself too seriously.

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-22-12, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kim"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-12 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

U thought parvati got good edits? I thought she came across as a scheming skank.

04-22-12, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kim"
She got to explain all her moves. Some of Cirie's moves were credited to Parvati. Absolutely a terrific edit. That's why she is one of the all-time favorites, why she got re-invited for HvV, why CBS made a web broadcast of her travels around the world, why HvV was rigged to favor her, etc...

I never make value judgment on players that we see through the eyes of editors and, personally, I thought her flirting was both natural and funny.

Krissmiss, did you see the red flag I sent you for the Survivor game I am starting? If not, check the Survivor game board.

04-23-12, 05:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kim"

"U thought parvati got good edits? I thought she came across as a scheming skank."

Certainly players who realize the viewing public will now see them for what they are by being on a Reality Show will always try to play the edit card afterwards as a meager attempt of self-preservation.

So it's only fitting Perv-ati "came across" as a skank.

Perv-ati was not the first skank, nor will she be the last skank to ever play Survivor. But in Skankivor: Micronesia a decent portion of the cast was receptive to her type of behavior and she not only got away with it but was able to parlay it to a win.

There have been other seasons when a skanky castaway was not long for the game. Had Perv-ati been casted in any of those other seasons, she'd be sitting up on the top row on Reunion Night.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-12, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kim"
I thought Parvati was given the best edit of any female winner. She was a schemer and that was fun to watch. I also found it amusing to see her use her charms to lull dummies like Ozzy and James into a false sense of security. We also got to hear all her plans and as Michel pointed out, her edit credited her with things that were probably not her own ideas.

Kim, too, has been given an excellent edit...sort of like a de-sexed Parvati. She just doesn't seem to have the same dynamic personality possessed by Parvati (or penchant for being the centre of attention) and that may explain why the camera seems to find her a little less than might be expected. Once the show is over, and if she wins, I'll consider whether she's #1 or #2 on my list of best female edits.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-12, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kim"
One significant difference is that Perv won on her second try. Kim, if she holds on, would have done it on the first try without needing to resort to flirting with the guys and also managing two main alliances at the same time.

I've seen people compare to Rob in Redemption Island as he controlled his alliance so tightly to the end and some of the people he played with were morons. Again, Rob did it on his fourth try while Kim is currently playing for the first time, and as a group, I'd say Troy, Kat, Chelsea, Tarzan, and Alicia are greater than Grant, Andrea, Ashley, Phillip and Natalie, respectively. The current season's group has shown more inclination to take into consideration tribal dynamics and potential jury votes, while the RI folks were just baa-baaing their way through camp and meekly accepted their fates.

A good comparison for Kim is JT. He was widely respected and likedby his tribe and I see Kim being edited a similar way with a tighter grip on her tribe's dynamics.

She's the best-edited female winner by a large margin if she holds on to win.

04-27-12, 07:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kim"

His reputation proceeding him, B-Rob was a target from Day 1 and had to play a more masterful game than Kim ever would need to.

He NEEDED to bring a goat to the Finals because there was always the threat of someone not wanting to give a returning player the million dollars.

Kim has no such concern.

B-Rob is more of a challenge threat than Kim; therefore, he had to protect himself tighter postmerge than Kim has had to.

B-Rob can make fire by rubbing sticks together. In other words, no contest.

Kim is much closer to Stephen in the JT/Stephen alliance. Stephen was all about strategy, as is Kim.

JT is the only player who opponents wanted to see win simply because of how likable he was. All the guys have commented on Kim's gameplay, not her likability.

I can agree though, that other than maybe Parvati in H vs. V, Kim is getting the best edit for a female winner.

Of course, she hasn't won yet.

>

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-12, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kim"
You're right but you forgot that Boston Rob needed four tries to finally win for himself! The first time he played, he didn't do so well -- he got voted out at the merge, in fact! He wasn't able to play the social game so well after the tribal switch and that's what hurt him the first time he played. Still, he was very good strategically even then.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-12, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kim"
Boston Rob played four times, just having the advantage of previously having played the game gave him a big edge the fourth time. Let's review the record, however:

1st time, new player amongst other all new players, booted prior to the jury stage.
2nd time, returning player amongst other all returning players, makes FTC, finishes as runner-up engaged to winner who was, let's face it, one of the most boring players ever.
3rd time, returning player amongst other all returning players, booted prior to the jury stage. But, you know, married to a previous winner.
4th time, returning likeable player against ultimate returning troll player, all others are new players, troll tribe implodes, Rob targets members of his own tribe who actually tried to play the game, finally wins, thank goodness we may never be forced to watch him play again.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-12, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kim"

>B-Rob is more of a challenge
>threat than Kim; therefore, he
>had to protect himself tighter
>postmerge than Kim has had
>to.

Kim's won the last two challenges, so she's proving herself as a challenge threat. She's also had to fend off people targeting her the last few episodes (maybe you missed Troy and Jay trying to get votes to go Kim's way).

B-Rob also had only Grant as a serious threat in challenges after the first couple of boots post-merge. Kim has had to face Troyzan and Jay along with Chelsea as an athletic female.

>B-Rob can make fire by rubbing
>sticks together. In other words,
>no contest.

Seriously, you're going to use this as a criteria? He didn't make any fires his first two times around, though.

>JT is the only player who
>opponents wanted to see win
>simply because of how likable
>he was. All the guys
>have commented on Kim's gameplay,
>not her likability.

Kim was named the one they most trusted and the one they'd like to be stranded on an island with (NOT Troy, who would seem an obvious choice for the island question), so that's about as likeable as you can get for that kind of question. Wanting to be alone with someone on an island is a testament to one's likeability and skill in surviving on her own.

>I can agree though, that other
>than maybe Parvati in H
>vs. V, Kim is getting
>the best edit for a
>female winner.

It was more of a group effort that allowed Perv to win in Micronesia (teaming with Cirie, Amanda and Natalie to fool the guys) and Perv didn't win in HvH.

04-28-12, 00:16 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Kim"

So, winning the Popularity Contest and a ring toss contest makes Kim good at challenges? Haha... seriously?

Actually, she has performed well in most challenges, coming close a bunch of times. I'm not saying Kim isn't capable. I'm just pointing out the obvious: she isn't as good as B-Rob.

Kim has been targeted because she is the leader of the alliance that is voting everyone out. It has nothing to do with her challenge ability. B-Rob could have been targeted for both.

Counting making fire as criteria? Hahaha... well, yeah. This is SURVIVOR. Right?

Did the women mean all that with their votes? Or were they just sucking up? Hard to say. Either way, a confessional would mean a lot more.

And yes, Parvati won F v F, of course. Seems easy to confuse the two. For me anyway. Lots of the same people involved.

>

04-28-12, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kim"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-12 AT 00:39 AM (EST)

Well, it was only part popularity contest, she also had to correctly guess enough consensus answers to outlast Alicia (who went for the kill shot on the first four players, Troy, Tarzan, Chelsea, Kat, knocked out of the challenge).

Just for fun, do we agree or disagree with the concensus answers.

Who does not deserve to still be here? Christina.
Disagree, but it was a loaded political question and someone at the bottom of the totem pole was going to be the consensus.

Who would you trust with your life? Kim.
Disagree. I would trust Kim to stab me in the back, in the front, I would trust Kim to play the game, I would not trust her with my life. Tarzan I would trust with my life. Surgeons are pretty arrogant people, for the most part, but they take your life as seriously as you do. If only to avoid malpractice suits.

Who most needs a wake-up call in life? Kat.
Disagree. Kat seems most likely to enjoy her life as much as possible no matter what happens, Alicia however is always going to be an unpleasant unhappy person who can only enjoy her own fortune and someone else's misfortune. People like that are what I call turds.

Who is the biggest poser? Troyzan.
Well, almost anyone who shows up to play Survivor is a DAW, a poser, but I really don't know how to quantify what would make one bigger than another, so that one I'll grant.

Who does the least for the tribe? Sabrina.
I guess that must be true, how would I know?

Who would you most like to be stranded with on an island? Kim.
That was definitely the PC choice, but if it were up to me I'd choose Kat for all the fun and laughs, so disagree. Tarzan also knows a lot of useful stuff and would be good to have around for that reason, but there are plenty of reasons to not want him around also.

Who do you hope to never see again after the game? Troyzan.
Disagree. Alicia is a turd.

04-28-12, 06:07 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Kim"
Even though this challenge has always been regarded as a "popularity" contest, most of the questions (now and historically) have always been very negative in nature. Five out of the seven questions asked on Wednesday had a negative connotation (Q2 & Q6 were the only positive ones.)

Even ones asked in prior seasons but where not asked this time around, i.e., Who stinks the most? Who needs the most nurishment, etc. are all designed to make the popular answer feel like crap.

I'll take part in the fun and give my answers/opinions:

Who does not deserve to still be here?

Having read enough of my posts, anyone who does NOT have the desire to play this game with the primary intent to be the Sole Survivor does NOT deserve to be there IMO.

Given that criteria my answer would be TARZAN. You hit the nail on the head in your Love/Loathe list when you said he's just "playing for time." I agree. Although I don't see Christina doing much to help her cause to win either, so I wouldn't disagree too loudly with the general concensus on this one.

Who would you trust with your life?

I would also say TARZAN for the exact reason you stated in your post.

Who most needs a wake-up call in life?

My take on Kat is she's a young girl who is probably spoiled and/or coddled and has never really needed to make major decisions in life. Given the opportunity, or "woken up" I feel she has the potential to break out of that airhead or fear of failing persona. All that being said I agree with the castaways and would pick KAT.

I hear what you're saying about Alicia, but she is beyond repair. Using "wake-up call" as a metaphor, you could set her "alarm clock" for every hour on the hour to try to set her in the right direction, and I'd still see no hope for this pathetic individual.

Who is the biggest poser?

In all fairness there should be a Male and Female division for this question.

Personally I would say anyone who parades in front of millions and millions of viewers wearing as much material as the handkerchief in my pocket should be the choice here. Granted that would constitute an overwhelming number of women on Survivor, but for this season it's a close race between Chelsea and Alicia. Because Alicia can't compare to Chelsea in the looks department, but probably thinks she does, my pick here would be ALICIA.

In the men's division the slam dunk choice is TROY for nothing more than than his competitive "this is MY island" sense of entitlement.

Who does the least for the tribe?

Hard for any viewer to be sure about this. But not much disagreement from SABRINA when her name was revealed so we have to go with the concensus here.

Who would you most like to be stranded with on an island?

ONLY if the feeling was completely mutual my obvious answer would be CHRISTINA. But if she had absolutely no interest in me it would be a torturous nightmare.

As long as we were not playing a game and it was just coexisting with someone else, I would pick TROY. I just think he'd be a heck of a lot of fun to hang out with.

Who do you hope to never see again after the game?

I wholeheartedly agree with your selection. ALICIA IS a turd.

04-28-12, 10:59 AM (EST)
23. "Fun Idea"
That's such a fun idea Dabo that you should have put it in its own thread. I'll play along:

Who does not deserve to still be here? "I have a strategy but I don't talk about it" is one of the dumbest things ever said in a game of alliances so I have to agree with the group's answer: Christina.

Who would you trust with your life? In this game it would be Chelsea. She is the one that won't lie to me if we are partners from the start.

Who most needs a wake-up call in life? Colton. OK, he isn't there anymore but he's the one from this cast that is the most out of touch with reality. Otherwise, yes Kat is very naive.

Who is the biggest poser? I have to point out to Aruba that the women don't have a choice but to wear the bikinis. They wouldn't be cast otherwise and they don't even choose which items to take. So Troy is the only answer here.

Who does the least for the tribe? Sabrina. It must be true because it wasn't a PC answer but was still voiced.

Who would you most like to be stranded with on an island? It depends how long! If it was for only 39 days, anyone of Chelsea, Christina or Kat would do but my preference would be Chelsea. If it was for any longer than that, I'd definitely choose Kim.

Who do you hope to never see again after the game? Colton, definitely. I don't have to hope never to see any of these people in real life, I know I won't see them. I have to think of whom I wouldn't want to see cast again on Survivor and I fear we haven't seen the last of that piece of garbage.

04-28-12, 01:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Fun Idea"
I give Christina a bit of a break on deserving because we have seen her try to make some plays, she's just never been in a good position in the game. This last time the split vote plan making Christina the secondary target rather than Tarzan was a mistake, and Sabrina telling Christina about it was a mistake. If Troy plays HII to save himself, she's gone, unless she can get him to vote with her and maybe someone else can be swayed to vote with them. He doesn't have HII nothing she tells him matters, he's gone. Hey, she tried. That's all she can do, hang on and hope something breaks her way, try to work it when it comes along. Good for her, at least she didn't give up and just wait her turn. Tarzan is hopelessly bad at the game.

Agree about Colton, don't want to see him play again; if he does come back in a later edition I don't think he would do very well but might be able to stick around awhile to contribute in tribal challenges.

04-28-12, 02:12 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Fun Idea"
I think that everyone still there deserves it in a way. Her "method" nabled her to outlast 11 players up to now so she does deserve to be there. That is the only break I give Christina.

Of those still there, I think she has the least chance of winning therefore she deserves it the least.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-12, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Fun Idea"
That is my thoughts about Christina. She has been on the chopping block for a very long time, and somehow has stayed alive with a weekly "anyone but me" attitude. I don't think that can get her the win like it did with Sandra in her first win.

Another thought about Christina - although not facial look-alikes, I see a lot of physical resemblance between her and Amy Cusack from Survivor Vanuatu. Anyone else see that?

04-30-12, 07:47 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Fun Idea"
For these questions I assumed we were only able to answer among those remaining in the F8. If we're able to choose from the whole cast, that's a horse of a different color. I would then change by responses on a few.

For Q2: Who I would trust with my life? MONICA

And Q3: Wake up call in life...and Q7: Never want to see again...COLTON my slam dunk picks for both.

Yes I am fully aware the women are given skimpy clothing to wear...which is why I initial stated there should be a male and female division.

The point I was trying to make is there's a fine line between women who are wearing that clothing because they have to vs. those who are eating it up with a spoon and doing a fair share of prancing and flaunting. It's not a difference that can be defined easily in words on a post...but whether it be how they carry themselves, body language, etc. I can differentiate in my mind.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-12, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Fun Idea"
Does Chelsea's oob-job make her more of a poser?

Certainly Alicia's awful swimsuit is attempting to try to acentuate her oobies (and making them look awful!!)

Are others flaunting? If I was hanging out on the beach on a hot day, I think I would wear a swimsuit. When it is cool they clearly bundle up. Did I miss the prancing?!?!

04-23-12, 05:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Kim"
I'm not so sure it's a gender thing as much as how Production tries to portray an eventual winner.

Yes we have had some impressive female winners who dominated their season, but several emerged victorious by flying under the radar or riding coattails. This would present a greater challenge for Production to portray those "winners" throughout the season as opposed to how they are able to portray a winner who emerged victorious in a more dominant fashion, i.e. Tom Westman or JT Thomas.

"As for entertaining, it isn't her (Kim's) job to be entertaining yet I like the way she laughs at her comments during most of her confessionals, showing that she doesn't take herself too seriously."

I wouldn't read a whole lot into the way she "laughs at her comments." Those are nervous giggles many people have a habit of doing when they are talking; and not a deliberate attempt to show she doesn't take herself seriously. It's something I picked up immediately before the season was even aired when I listened to the preseason interviews to get a heads-up on the players for this season. We were subjected to this same giggling with Cirie during her seasons.

It's similar to someone who always has to add "ya know" before every other sentence when they speak. Are they always saying "ya know" because they honestly don't think the listener understands what they are saying? Obviously not; it's just a habit.

Even when the President of the United States talks (when he's not reading or reciting a memorized prepared speech that is) and is speaking off the cuff he will occasionally throw in the word "Listen" before some sentences. Does he do that because he thinks people he is talking to are hard of hearing? LOL, of course not; it's just a habit of his.

And that silly giggle of Kim's is just a habit of hers.

04-23-12, 09:06 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Kim"
Tina Wesson completely dominated the strategy in the Outback yet, even if she had a big role, we hardly ever saw her laying down her plans.

Vee mastered the skipping from one alliance to the other well before Ceternino came in yet we practically never saw her.

Danni was the leader of her pre-merge tribe yet we saw very little of how she made her alliances.

Three examples of women that were good players but that weren't developed as winners should have been.

As for Kim, I'm sure you remember this confessional:

Kim: “I was thankfull last night that we stuck to our guns after Tribal Council and didn’t go over and jumped in the men’s shelter but, going over there this morning, I have no shame!! I’ve never been so miserable. I couldn’t get my tail over there to that fire fast enough. I hope it is a temporary pit-stop at the men’s shelter"

That is an example of what I mean: Game oriented and funny at the same time. She wasn;t giggling, just showing that she was able to laugh at the situation.

04-23-12, 06:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kim"
Because you keep mentioned it; I'll keep countering it.

Tina rode Colby's coattails.

Vee was the posterchild for Survivor UTR players. Martin Scorsese wouldn't have a prayer of developing Vecepia into a "winner."

But after all these years it futile to keep going back and forth about this players.

Personally I think Danni was protrayed wonderfully. She played a great social game (this was highlighted when she convinced Production to have BOTH opposing tribes together to celebrate her B-Day.)

Recognizing and calling out ex-NFL QB Gary Hogeboom was the underlying story of the game IMO.

She kicked butt in the team challenges compared to the other female castaways, won the ICs she had to, and her beauty and appearance added to the season (without acting like a skanky Ho.)

With Kim I'm refering to most of her comments and confessionals. I'm sure there are some lines we hear her say without the giggle, but for the most part, it's pretty prevalent in her conversation.

04-23-12, 08:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kim"

Wow, I thought for sure another Aruba and michel fight over Parvati was going to develop. Somehow, it has been avoided.

Actually, Parvati was only skanky her first time around. She won Micronesia thanks to the votes of women, and she didn't play that game at all in H vs. V.

Sandra got a good edit during H vs. V.

Vee was as unremarkable winner as Survivor has ever had. Even Randall Wallace couldn't give her a great edit.

Danni was a better athlete than Kim, but if Kim wins, it will be on the back of her own alliance; whereas Danni's alliance got fed to the fishes. I always give more credit to those that win bringing their own alliance to the end.

Kim seems to be a very likable girl. She just isn't as interesting as Chelsea or Troy. In that way she is similar to Tina, who got shorted because the camera was more interested in Colby.

If you discount returning players, Kim has the best edit since JT. Ironically, Kim is the Stephen in the JT/Stephen alliance, with southern girl Chelsea as the JT. Same result?

Only if Chelsea wins final immunity (quite possible) and votes out Kim.

>

04-23-12, 09:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kim"
"Sandra got a good edit during H vs. V"

Not really: She didn't have a confessional in 6 consecutive episodes (#2 to #7 even if she had good scenes in episode 3). Then, the decision between voting for Amanda or Russell at F9 was completely botched up making Sandra look like a fool.

Off topic but Danni's alliance got beaten because a swap put her from an 8-7 advantage to a 7-8 disadvantage.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •