The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-12, 06:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Com' on Jeff...you ask at TC "how did the men lose control?" It started when you casted Colton and decided on men vs. women putting the men down 10-8 right from the start. And it was compounded further when your crew decided that Sabrina's HII HAD to go to Manono. i.e. Colton.
All the Nostrodomas scholars will crawl out of the woodwork and criticize Troy for playing his idol, but he knew he was the #1 target. And Kim not playing her idol was not as gutsy as some might think which I will expland on below. Last but not least, I will do something unprecedented and give props to Production, namely the camera crew for those AWESOME shots of Chelsea's fake plastic boobies that even Dr. Tarzan had to admire. OK, I'll pacify Iltarion and say fakely "enhanced" boobies.

1) KIM (9,5,4,7,1,1,2,1) - If her primary objective was NOT to be the third member of the Jury, then it was a ballsy decision. If her primary goal is to WIN Survivor, then it was obvious not to play the idol. Why? If Kim got the most votes at this TC, regardless of whether she plays her idol or not, her game is essentially over so it made sense to trust the girls and keep her HII. Nevertheless it still was an anxious moment for her and she held it together well. Win or lose, this season clearly belongs to Kim.

2) TROY (5,4,2,2,2,2,1,3) - The two central figures for this season are Kim & Troy. Barring a Troy IC win, this is probably the last time they will be ranked together, so it is only appropriate I put them in the top two this week. Nice job narrating the RC. I also have him up here because of his decision to reveal the idol when he did. It was the appropriate move, but unfortunately he was trying to work with a bunch of idiots, zombies, and/or coattail riders; so I agree with his decision to hold nothing to chance at TC. As a student of the game he's got to be thinking of Chris (Vanuatu.)

3) SABRINA (1,1,1,1,4,3,4,4) - Hands down the best confessonal this episode with her "big girl panties; big girl decision" line, thus her top three ranking. The question is when will SHE make a "big girl decision" to put herself in the F3? Or will she realize she's not in the F3 plans when it's too late??

4) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5,7,6,9) - In order for her to wear HER "big girl panties" she's got to take Kim's off first. Although great job in the IC when the rest of her girl alliance bailed out on her. After Troy and Jay went out (which was inevitable because no one of Jay or Troy's stature ever fared well in that challenge) she had no reason to win, so I applaud her effort. Finally, you can't have it both ways. If you and the alliance you're in initiate a lie, you lie and need to be accountable for it. Her confessional words suggested to the viewers she has a conscience. But ACTIONS speak louder than words; and in the end her actions showed she can lie like the rest. So lie well and prosper...and wish for a disgruntled jury to take votes away from Kim.

5) KAT (12,14,12,11,12,10,7,8) - Overall a good episode for her. Kim's coattails has given her some confidence. And a confident Kat is more fun to watch than an "afraid to fail" Kat. But the only realistic chance I see her winning is if she's sitting in the F3 between a goat and a dominant player who is denied "sour grapes" votes.

6) GREG (11,12,15,14,13,11,9,10) - The MVP of the challenge that gave him his first food reward. Good for him. He's got to know he's got zero chance of winning so why not try for second or third place?

7) ALICIA (16,16,12,12,7,12,11) - I know her and Christina are playing with "house money," but why be so content with 5th or 6th place at best? I'll wait until next epsiode before I ride them too hard, but if she (and Christina) has ANY serious F4 aspirations she must make a big move soon. On a sidenote she must have been majorly bummed out when she discovered it WAS a HII in Troy's pocket and he wasn't thinking of her. HaHa!

8) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9,5,3,5) - What I said about Alicia is ditto for Christina. The reason I ranked her lower is because she couldn't hold out for five more seconds to get some food for her troubles!?

9) LEIF (4,3,7,6,11,8,10,7) - Other than being the first dwarf to ever play the game, he must have been casted to further ensure a female winner this season because they don't come any more clueless about Survivor than Leif.

BOOTED) JAY (3,7,3,3,4,4,5,2) - AHHH Yes, just another castaway targeted for his intellect (or lack of it.) **snort** Had to get that out of the way.
Whether it was Jay or Troy, another physical presence and challenge threat is Anti-Darwined out of the game...so mission accomplished for Team Kim.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-13-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-13-12 2
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-13-12 3
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-13-12 4
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-14-12 5
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Belle Book 04-14-12 6
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-14-12 7
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-14-12 8
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-15-12 9
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-15-12 10
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-15-12 15
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Belle Book 04-15-12 18
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-15-12 11
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... garyc 04-15-12 12
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... garyc 04-15-12 13
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-15-12 14
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-16-12 20
 My List michel 04-15-12 16
   RE: My List Belle Book 04-15-12 17
       RE: My List Aruba 04-16-12 21
           RE: My List Belle Book 04-16-12 24
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 04-15-12 19
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-16-12 22
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... jasonkola 04-16-12 23
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-17-12 25
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-17-12 26
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Belle Book 04-17-12 28
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Belle Book 04-17-12 27
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-17-12 29
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-17-12 30
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-17-12 31
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-17-12 32
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-17-12 33
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-18-12 34
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-18-12 35
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... michel 04-18-12 37
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-18-12 39
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-19-12 41
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-18-12 38
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-18-12 40
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-19-12 42
 Tallies dabo 04-18-12 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-12, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Mike said nearly the same thing here
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-michael-jefferson-talks-about-survivor-one-world-%28part-2%29-13349.php

We started the game as nine guys versus nine women and with Colton in the mix, it was more like 10 women and eight guys, so he kind of brought down the morale of the Manono tribe from Day 1.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-13-12, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Even though I don't read post game interviews, because you posted the link I decided to open it and read it. Yeah, the 10-8 game-starting advantage was obvious to most anyone watching this season. What I found interesting is even though he appropriately pegs Chelsea as a coattail rider, he's not all that critical about it. Could this mean a disgruntled vote against Kim? It would be sad if yet another season ends with a coattail rider winning purely out of default.

04-13-12, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Well, predicting juries is just something for fun, easy to get wrong. But none of these guys (I mean Jonas, Michael, Jay) seem in making their post-game rounds like they are holding any grudges. It wasn't just Colton, Matt with his muscle alliance also divided Manono from the start, so the men were always chaotic and dysfunctional and never could get a solid tribe together, which they all accepted eventually.

04-13-12, 10:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
You're right. It wasn't just Colton...it was also the HII that was placed in his lap. If Colton is not gifted the HII, don't you think Colton gets booted at the third TC of this season? I think he does. If so, then the men go into the tribal switch with an 8-6 advantage with no threat of a Manono flipping to the women. In the link you posted there was little doubt in Michael's mind that Colton would have flipped to the women's side (something I contended all along.)

I agree there was chaos and dysfunction, but a lot of that I contribute to Tarzan's unpredictable zaniness creating conflict with tribemates and coupled with clueless zombies like Leif it was a recipe for disaster for the men right from the start.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-12, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
>Yeah, the 10-8 game-starting advantage
>was obvious to most anyone
>watching this season.

Such an easy simplification. First of all, the guys won the first two ICs so, even if we admit the 10-8 start, they brought the numbers back to 8-8. It wasn't insurmountable.

More importantly, the women were also fractured and Christina was just as big a potential flip as Colton. If Jonas hadn't been blinded by Colton's "intelligence", hadn't let him take the reins, he could have gotten rid of Alicia. He'd still be there, leading the dominant alliance that would have included the guys + Christina. All the guys saw how Colton acted and no one tried to stop him so they are all to blame.

And Aruba, funny that you take the interviews when they suit your purpose without considering that Mike, the one that hated Colton the most, could be spinning things! Colton, even with a HII, could have been stopped. Bill had the plan and could have had the numbers if the others weren't so stupid.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-12, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I haven't been watching this season (mainly because of American Idol, but I've read a lot about it, so I'll add my two cents:

Both sides seem to have fractured -- the women along the age divide, the men along the strength one -- but the men made the more fatal mistakes. There were two, in particular. The first occurred when Colton came up with the stupid idea to give up Immunity to the women and go to Tribal Council to get rid of Bill (and Leif was probably the decoy used to blindside Bill). It had to be a unanimous vote, so if even one man said no, the women would have gone. Of course, Colton would've made the dissenter pay at the next Tribal Council both attended unless the dissenter got some support, but still the men would have maintained a lead on the women.

The second seems to have occurred after the merge when the men failed to band together and try to get rid of the one woman most likely to resurrect the all-girl alliance: Alicia. Instead, guys like Troyzan and Jay joined forces with the women to get rid of Jonas. That error was compounded by Troyzan's erroneous decision to trust Kim as well as Kim's very smart gameplay. Now, they're on the verge of being Pagonged and they will be unless the women become like the ones in Vanuatu.

04-14-12, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Hi Belle, nice to see you. It's been a while.

I agree with you: There shouldn't be any talk that the men were disadvantaged because of casting Colton when they gave up immunity. That was the biggest, dumbest factor in this game.

I'll add another one: It is rare that you divide two teams and that the one with the most guys is also the weakest. That was a huge luck factor for the guys: Manono was practically guaranteed to lose but they were also practically guaranteed to send a woman home.

04-14-12, 11:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Jay flat out admitted (RTVW interview) it was the single dumbest move in Survivor history, he only agreed to it in the end because he was outnumbered and didn't want to paint a target on himself.

IMHO if they had gotten together on it and blindsided Colton, as Bill wanted, it would have been perfect, since it was his stupid idea in the first place.

04-15-12, 02:23 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Yep! Just "Burton" him! You want to go to TC so bad well, there you go!

BTW, giving up immunity is much worse than throwing a challenge. When you throw it, you can make it look like you tried but giving it up showed everyone how dumb and spineless the men actually were.

04-15-12, 06:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
"Of course, Colton would've made the dissenter pay at the next Tribal Council."

PRECISELY...which is why no one single player wanted to run the risk of becoming that "odd man out." It's easy for players to say AFTER the fact what was dumb or what was not...that's called "monday morning quarterbacking."

Bottomline, if Colton is not literally handed that HII compliments of Production's decision, there would be NO talk or discussion whatsoever about Manono's decision to go to TC.

"The second seems to have occurred after the merge when the men failed to band together"

Absolutely...another point I made weeks ago. When you have a "cancer" named Tarzan in your midst, it'll drive a wedge into any plan any level-headed person tries to initiate. His confrontation with Jonas immediately after merge was a prime example. Combine that with spineless Jonas (who I dubbed a "marshmallow" as early as week #1) and a clueless zombie like Leif, it was a Manono disaster waiting to happen thanks to the casting.

Coming from this debacle I can hardly blame Troy for wanting to align with the likes of Kim...FINALLY he was with someone with some social skills or has a morsal of commonsense.

04-15-12, 02:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I already told you how no one had to be singled out because no one wanted to go to TC. If anyone had simply followed Jay's lead and reinforced his point, the whole tribe would have seen the move for the idiotic idea that it was. I guess I should be flattered because you must consider me smarter than all those guys who couldn't find a way to go against the tide!

As for Tarzan being a cancer, it was your guy Troy that empowered him. He could have gone with Matt and the roosters and Tarzan would have been long gone. You can't have it both ways! If it was smart for Troy to go with the Misfits, meaning accepting Tarzan, then you can't blame casting for imposing Tarzan on Troy.

04-15-12, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
You also should note that I said "unless the dissenter gained some support". If say, Jay had gained some support from a fellow Frat Boy like Michael or from Troyzan, he might have been able to prevent the disaster from occurring.

Tarzan's idiocy played a role in the failure of the guys to get back together, it's true, but as Michel noted, Troyzan had Tarzan in the Misfits Alliance so Tarzan can't bear all the blame for the men's alliance falling apart.

And yeah, Troyzan must have been relieved to be with someone with some social skills and common sense, but what he didn't realize is that this person with social skills and common sense was someone he should actually be wary of! That said, he had no way of knowing when he first aligned with Kim that he should actually be wary of her.

04-15-12, 06:33 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
First of all Michel, the only reason I read Michael's interview is because dabo included it in a post he wrote to respond to my post. When someone replies to MY post, I make it a point to read EVERY WORD and if the "words" happen to be a link, I open it. So I wouldn't read too much into me reading a post-game interview because I still do not put much stock into it.

And as far as "taking an interview to suit my purpose" if you read EVERY WORD of my reply to dabo you would see how I was concerned about Michael appearing to be OK with the coattail riding way of playing the game...something you should know by now has NEVER "suited my purpose." Nothing funny about that...but what could be "funny" is your attempt to explain if Colton is NOT gifted the HII how his "intelligence" would have had him escape his exit from the game at Manono's first TC.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-12, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
The men have certainly appeared the more dysfunctional of the two groups; incapable of getting together even for their own self-preservation.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-12, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-12 AT 08:02 AM (EST)

1) Troyzan: Only guy left who looks like he could keep the season from ending in a very predictible way.

2) Chelsea: Not sure, beyond her looks, why so many confessionals. Sign that she switches sides later on. Never mind, likely answered my own question in my first sentence.

3) Kim: Seems pretty smart. Was it a mistake to question Jay about what he would do if he knew Troyzan was going home or just a sign she knew she had the votes she needed and was having fun with him?

4) Sabrina.

Last) Tarzan: Mr. "The Game is Afoot". Wish the game would boot him out already.

04-15-12, 02:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
It isn't the fact that you read the interview linked, it's the fact that you used Mike's words, a guy we both agreed was an idiot, to write: "Yeah, the 10-8 game-starting advantage was obvious to most anyone watching this season" that made me say you used the interview that suited your purpose.

04-16-12, 06:31 AM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
dabo used Mike's words in his post to reply to my post. HE wrote those words on the thread...not me. And I wouldn't regard it as a "purpose"...it's more of an "observation." An observation which appeared obvious, not only to me, but to others on these Boards also.

04-15-12, 03:02 PM (EST)
16. "My List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-12 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

1- Kim: I simply love how we are shown a player that not only knows the history of the game but follows a plan that we have often discussed here. We’ve said it’s best not to be seen as a threat so winning challenges when you don’t need them should be avoided. We also say it's best not to be outspoken, getting on people nerves or on their radar but that you don’t want to be seen as blind followers either. We said that splitting votes is a risky way to go because the other side doesn’t need many votes to foil the plan. She told us she was aware of all these pitfalls and was actively working to avoid them.

2- Kat: She scored the first points, all the points that her team would actually need to win. That was another example of her improvement since that early loss. She was even heard giving advice to her team mates! We see a stronger Kitty-Kat emerging and I have little doubt that she would get more votes than Chelsea in the FTC just like Courtney edged out Amanda. I think she already has Jay’s vote.

3- Chelsea: She was a wishy-washy idiot. Alicia, Kat and Sabrina talked about her reluctance to make the big decisions, she even said it was idiotic to think that way. She couldn’t even look Jay in the eyes and lie to him. It tells us she won’t be able to face the jury and explain herself then.

4- Troy: He finally saw the women’s duplicity but, even with an idol, he was unable to pull the full on switcheroo. Good luck now that his options have dried out. Being mentioned as the one that wants to win the most is something to consider, something that keeps his hopes alive but it will probably only get him the fan favorite votes. He would have been better served to go with Jay's plan to boot Alicia because maybe he would have been able to convince Christina and Tarzan.

5- Sabrina: She is solidly in Kim’s camp but she continues to talk about the alliance rather than her own game. This is her typical confessional: “If we look back to day 1, we made this alliance and said that was what we were going to stick with. we want to go to the end.” All those "we" don’t give her end-game connections, they give her the role of narrator.

6- Christina: She can’t even get cookies and milk! Once more, her vote is shrouded in mystery because she seemed pleased by Troy’s plan but still voted as the women wanted. Did she tell Kim that Troy had the idol? Her insider clips are incredibly boring, her strategy dumber than most anything I have seen. An example: "Constantly you're on edge and you're wondering - am I making the wrong decision? am I saying the right thing? am I promising the right people? am I in the right alliance? should I have one alliance or should I make another alliance on the side? Right now I want to say that I feel quasi-comfortable in my position...The alliance that I have with the girls is still very tight. I keep it very ambiguous, because I don't want the guys to know it's gonna be 6 girls, and eliminate the guys one by one. We kind of play it as - I still kind of play the card that I'm a lone ranger, I'm on my own."

Dumbass! You are on your own! She is as clueless as Kelly B in Nicaragua who thought Brenda wanted her in her alliance!

7- Alicia: It would have been smart to tell Jeff that she was worried about elimination. Her dumb decision could have foiled the whole plan.

8- Tarzan: His words to Jeff about the alliance that he knew and how votes would go take an interesting angle when we realize that he voted against Jay, refusing to follow Troy in his plan. It suggests that he has accepted the situation and simply hopes to be riding the wave all the way to the end.

9- Leif: It isn't the game that is crazy, it's how he is playing it.

Booted - Jay: How dumb was this guy to tell Kim that Troy had the idol. He could have turned the game if he had told Kim that he had the idol and was playing it. That idiot Jay booted himself out of the game so it cannot be called Anti-Darwinism, no matter how much you butcher the theory of evolution.

04-15-12, 04:29 PM (EST)
17. "RE: My List"
I'd say that it was a combination of Anti-Darwinism and Jay's own mistakes that led to Jay's demise. Sure, Jay was a threat to win challenges and that made him a target but we saw how Tom in Palau avoided that particular trap. All Jay needed in order to avoid Anti-Darwinism catching up to him was a real strong alliance, a working spine, and a functioning brain. He had none of the above, so it's no surprise he fell victim to Anti-Darwinism. Kim played him like she played Troyzan earlier.

04-16-12, 07:15 AM (EST)
21. "RE: My List"
"I'd say that it was a combination of Anti-Darwinism and Jay's own mistakes that led to Jay's demise."

What I appropriately state frequently on these Boards is a physical presence and challenge threat is TARGETED because of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome. I agree if Jay had even half a brain in his head he might have been able to escape a boot despite being an ADS target.

But I think we ALL can attest to the fact that Jay was NOT casted for his intellect. HaHa

04-16-12, 07:43 PM (EST)
24. "RE: My List"
Considering his willingness to believe Kim's lies, I'd agree that Jay wasn't cast for his intellect!

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-15-12, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
1. Kim (10, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 1)

2. Sabrina (2, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2, 6, 2)

3. Kat (12, 15, 12, 9, 10, 7, 5, 6)

4. Chelsea (1, 4, 4, 6, 2, 6, 3, 4)

5. Troy (5, 9, 1, 5, 5, 3, 1, 5)

6. Alicia (17, 14, 13, 10, 11, 12, 10, 8)

7. Christina (3, 7, 8, 8, 12, 4, 8, 7)

8. Greg (11, 13, 14, 14, 13, 11, 11, 10)

9. Leif (8, 8, 9, 12, 7, 9, 9, 9)

Out:
Jay (7, 10, 6, 4, 4, 5, 7, 3)
Michael (6, 6, 10, 7, 6, 10, 4)
Jonas (4, 5, 3, 11, 9, 8)
Colton (15, 16, 11, 13, 8)
Monica (9, 2, 7, 2)
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

04-16-12, 09:42 AM (EST)
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-12 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

Fun fun season, I cannot recall when last a season was really this fun.

1. Troy "Troyzan" (7). M'Man! Troy has been big in the last two episodes, but where two episodes ago he got played, this time his instincts kicked in and he was on his game. And he promises to be pulling out all the stops going forward to try to turn things around and stay n the game. Odds are against him, so he gets top spot this time.

2. Kim (1). The power player holding the reigns, calling the shots, her game just clicks right along. She is also enjoying herself, and can lie to anyone at anytime at the drop of a hat, which could make her allies wary of her down the road. But for now she's on it, head in the game, and she has avoided some of the traditional negatives of the power position; she's not arrogant, not lording it over those lower on the totem pole; she's not so self-assured that she thinks she has the game wrapped up, keeping her feelers out; she's not mean and depreciative of other players just because they happen to be in her way; and so on. Could be better but listing those complaints would just seem nitpicky.

3. Sabrina (3). Wish we would hear more from her but she is a solid alliance player.

4. Kat (5). Whoa, look who suddenly has her head in the game! Little Miss Innocent Comedy Relief is, at the very least, out to avoid being played, picking up a lot of information while being under-estimated. Shame we haven't had any hint of that story up until now.

5. Chelsea (6). Basically took advantage of the food rewards to talk herself into the II win, good thinking. Unfortunately the game itself is bothering her. Seriously? It's Survivor, don't sign on if you aren't ready to face moral dilemmas.

6. Alicia (8). Doesn't realize she is cannon-fodder, will probably do something to shake things up eventually, it will be too little too late in all probability. For all the talk that she can't be trusted, what's she done lately?

7. Greg "Tarzan" (10). Breaking him out of bottom-feeder status because he wasn't simply an irritant this time, did well in the RC and got to share a nice reward. Dropped out of the IC at the word "go" however, weird. What's him Tarzan game? Other than playing a character it seems a game to nowhere.

8. Christina (4). Likeable non-player, seems content to just enjoy the ride until her stop comes.

9. Leif (9). Likeable non-player, seems content to just enjoy the ride until his stop comes.

Good-bye, Jay (2). Trusted the wrong people, joins hundreds of past players whose story was exactly the same.

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-16-12, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
1) Troy - I have to give Troy for finally getting his head in the game and seeing through Kim's lies. He tried to orchestrate a big move which would have crippled the girls alliance and eliminated their leader and most skilled player, but it failed because other players were afraid to make such a big move. The odds are stacked against him. We will have to see if he is good enough to turn things around.

2) Kim - Although Kim failed in fooling Troy this week, I still have to give her credit for her game play. I also have to give her credit for having the nerve to not play that idol when she knew Troy was gunning for her.

3) Sabrina - She is a solid player who appears to be the co-captain of the girls team.

4) Chelsea - I respect her for having a moral conscience and not wanting to back stab her friends. In the end she made the decision to do what was best for her end game as well as support her alliance. I also have to give her credit for winning the IC.

5) Christina - I have to agree with Aruba's take on Christina and Alicia They are on the outside to the girls alliance and need to make a big move soon. I have high hopes that these girls will make a big move soon that will shake things up with the girls.

6) Alicia - Ditto what I said for Christina. I rate Christina higher because she is a nicer person and nicer to look at.

7) Kat - She lucked into the right alliance and has been riding along sense.

8) Leif - This guy is just floating along not really playing.

9) Greg - I only rate Greg lower than Leif because he should have been smart enough to see that Troys plan to use the Idol to knock out Kim would work and did not want to make a big move. He dose not seem to have a strategic bone in his body. I hope he starts playing smart or he will stay at the bottom of my list.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-12, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-12 AT 02:24 AM (EST)

I haven't posted until now because I didn't even watch the episode until tonight. I heard Jay had been sent home and that full on women pagonging the men had begun.

I thought this meant a pretty boring episode and more of the edit trying to laud Kim's game (boring).

After reading some of the lists here, I changed my mind and decided that the show was indeed worth watching.

As what commonly happens when you enter with low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised.

Laud Kim's game? Actually, the opposite occurred.

1. CHELSEA - Seriously? Are you people watching? Only two characters were important this week: Troy and Chelsea. We have seriously come to an effed up place when people are knocking Chelsea for not wanting to lie to people after looking them in the eyes and telling them to trust her. She gets nothing but props from me, as would anyone less genetically gifted. She never did lie to Jay, by the way, instead walking away and letting Kim do the lying, poorly as it turned out. She had no reason to want to beat Leif in the IC, other than simple competitiveness. She even refused to eat the burger that Leif offered her afterwards. Why? Because it lessened her win. Mad props from me for that. Her win at the IC was absolutely crucial to the women's plan, by the way. If she ducks out when Alicia does, then Jay might fight it out and pull it off. Give him immunity, and Kim could very well have been going home. Also loved how she wasn't buying any of Alicia's crap during the IC. We still hear everyone refer to HER and KIM as leading the women. Coat tail rider? Please. Her conscience could win her this season, though I agree that the edit still leans towards Kim. But is it going to be that obvious after the season when Sophie won? Hard to believe. Lastly, great shots of her on the boat. Thumbs up.

2. KIM - Her and Chelsea are still the clear top 2, but the difference isn't as great as before. Kim made her first clear mistake with her overzealous lie to Troy that he saw right through. She also lied pathetically to Jay, who has to be one of the most gullible chaps in the world. Whereas Chelsea and Troy are getting character edits, we are mostly just seeing a straight game edit for Kim. Is she playing the best game? According to the edit, yes, but if the jury doesn't appreciate the growing list of unnecessary lies, then no, she isn't. Is winning ICs a good idea? Yeah, if you are going to be seen as a threat anyway, which she is. Notice how Chelsea didn't have to worry about TC? The decision to split the vote left her open for the blindside. Fortunately for her, Jay saved her.

3. Troy - He saw through Kim and correctly saw it all coming down. Unfortunately, his closest ally, Jay, wrecked him. If Jay is on board, then Leif and Tarzan likely are, and Kim is going home. Playing the HII was the right thing to do. Remember, the girls were voting for him until Jay ratted him out. The previews of next week suggest he is going home.

4. Sabrina - Holds steady but her voice continues to decline. I would have thought the IC might have shaped up well for her, but she ducked out on Chelsea like everyone else.

5. Kat - Lots of people are praising her game more. I'm not sure why. Despite the previews, no surprise there, she did nothing this week except tell a REALLY bad lie to Jay. I mean, could you be more obvious? Haha... only Jay could not see the obvious. She also ducked out on an IC she could have won for some food even though she was just at a food reward. And no credit to anyone for the most pathetic RC of all time. Even JP had no interest in it. Seriously? That showed she's good at challenges? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

6. 7. 8. - Leif, Tarzan, and Christina- Apparently completely content with being on the jury. Had a chance to turn the game around and passed. And now we are supposed to believe they change their mind? Get real.

9. Alicia - Her bitchy mention of Chelsea making ties with the men could be a good thing for Chelsea. We certainly already know Chelsea wouldn't be getting Alicia's vote. When a woman like Chelsea is around, a woman like Alicia gets ignored, that DOES NOT sit well with a woman like her.

BOOTSVILLE-

JAY - Yes, the men started in a hole with Colton on their tribe; however, they still had chances to turn it around, and no one did more to ensure their demise than JAY. Somehow, he STILL bought the women's lie even though Kim and Kat looked nervous when asked about it and Chelsea didn't say anything. Somehow, he STILL bought the lie even though Chelsea had warned him last episode that he might be in danger. He STILL bought the lie even after Alicia gladly gave up in the challenge and the women celebrated when Troy folded. He STILL bought the lie when Kim and Alicia were laughing in the surf right after the decision was supposedly made. In short, what a colossal idiot. He actually had the chance to send Kim home after Troy smelled her out, but instead, he decided to basically cut his own throat. So long.

04-17-12, 11:05 AM (EST)
26. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I do think Chelsea deserves props for being a decent human being. And after the Sophie win, yeah, she may still be able to win. Difference is that Sophie had a plan and she stuck to it, kept it in place when others (Albert) wavered. Chelsea, in comparison, wavered and seems more likely to just check out of the game. Her internal conflicts make an interesting story, on the one hand she wants to be about who is deserving, on the other hand she does like money; but she's a conflicted player striving to be a deserving player, which is different from Sophie who took the game in stride and made no excuses for her game.

04-17-12, 11:18 AM (EST)
28. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Yeah, that's the main reason why I'd put Kim ahead of Chelsea. Chelsea's wavering whereas Sophie didn't. In fact, I'd see Kim as being the most like Sophie in that regard -- Kim seems to be taking the game in stride much like Sophie did.

04-17-12, 11:15 AM (EST)
27. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I'd switch Kim and Chelsea's places (and praise Kim more) but otherwise I'd agree with you -- especially concerning Jay. He helped cause his own demise, although he wasn't alone amongst the guys in sharing the blame for the demise of the all-male alliance, and he wasn't alone even in sharing the blame for his own demise -- Tarzan voted for him and Leif voted for Alicia, not Kim!

Incidentally, I think the women might have decided beforehand to throw two votes Troyzan's way but vote mostly for Jay. They were probably anticipating that Troyzan would use his Hidden Immunity Idol, so maybe they led him to believe they were going after him and tried to make Jay think he was safe.

04-17-12, 02:39 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Agree in that Jay didn't help himself by blabbing to Kim about Troy's HII plan. But he was the provisional alternate boot anyway, it didn't actually change much in the end other than the politics going forward, they now have to deal with Troy in full game on mode. This upcoming episode may be the last genuinely interesting or at least amusing show of the season depending on how things play out.

04-17-12, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"

Jay was still playing Salani vs. Manono. In that case, why would Tarzan, Leif, or Christina want to vote with him? No reason.

If Jay gets a clue and says men + Christina versus the women, they have the numbers they need to get it done.

Jay practically forced the Manono members to vote him out.

>

04-17-12, 07:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"

>1. CHELSEA - ...We have seriously
>come to an effed up
>place when people are knocking
>Chelsea for not wanting to
>lie to people after looking
>them in the eyes and
>telling them to trust her.

That isn't why I am knocking her. She did, in fact go along with the lie but Alicia said she was too sensitive, Sabrina said she needed to make big girl decisions and Kat wondered what was wrong with her. Even Chelsea realized she was being dumb: "I was wanting to go a little bit further with Troy and Jay, but I’m realizing now that that would be an idiot move..."

>She never
>did lie to Jay, by
>the way,

Splitting hairs. If it comes to a Final TC, Jay will ask her why she lied and she'll be all Amanda-like

>Kim do the
>lying, poorly as it turned
>out.

None of the players have said they didn't believe Kim so her lies are working.

>She even refused
>to eat the burger that
>Leif offered her afterwards.

Where did you see that? I saw her with a mouthful of burger when Jeff handed her the necklace.

>Her win at the
>IC was absolutely crucial to
>the women's plan, by the
>way.

??? Leif wins => no change.

>Coat tail rider? Please.

The big girls decided, she followed.

>The decision to split
>the vote left her open
>for the blindside. Fortunately for
>her, Jay saved her.

If Kim wasn't sure of every vote, she would have given Jeff her idol.

>5. Kat - ...lie to Jay. I mean,
>could you be more obvious?

He believed her, that's what mattered

>And no credit to
>anyone for the most pathetic
>RC of all time.

There's been plenty of pathetic challenges and some worse than this were for immunity (Thai 21 being the absolute worse, closely followed by Fiji's battleship)

>Seriously? That showed she's
>good at challenges? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

It showed she has improved because she was the only one that couldn't do it in that ep. 2 Challenge but was one of only 3 that scored this time. And it isn't how she performed but how it fit in her story arc.

PS. Iltarion and Aruba, check your red flag, your inbox, because I sent you both a message.

04-17-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
32. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"

I have numbered your responses rather than repeating them all.

1. Nothing dumb about feeling bad about lying to someone. Chelsea would not get Alicia or Kat's vote. So I don't care what they say. Sabrina's words framed Chelsea's action.

2. Amanda never had a moral dilemma about lying to someone. Jay appeared to look right back at Kim when his torch was snuffed. Kim was the one he told about the HII. She was the one that used that info to boot him. He will hold that equally against Chelsea only if he sees her as the co-leader. So, which is it? Is Chelsea co-leader or is she riding coat tails? Make up your mind.

3. Except TROY.

4. Then you need to watch it again and listen. Chelsea has a chip and refuses the burger that Lief offers her. Several of the women, most audibly Alicia, insist that Chelsea eat the burger. Chelsea apparently takes one bite off screen because she is chewing when she accepts the necklace. I don't care if she acquiesced to the women after her first refusal. Just the fact that she turned it down the first time was damn impressive to me.

5. You can't make that assumption. Jay stepped down voluntarily. If Chelsea stepped down first, then it would have been between Jay and Lief. Jay likely doesn't step down then.

6. Chelsea was right there in every vote discussion. Everyone else ducked out while she won immunity. And AGAIN, every time someone mentions the leadership of the tribe, they mention BOTH Kim AND Chelsea. Hey, its THEIR words, not mine.

7. Splitting the vote still left Kim vulnerable, which she admitted to. She was sure of the vote thanks to Jay.

8. Jay believed what he wanted to. Kat's performance was comically bad, frankly.

9. One toss at ladder golf as an RC is the most pathetic RC or IC of all time. Just my opinion. Everyone made a toss. Most bounced off or went right through. Kat's just happened to stick.

Is it really necessary to feed half the contestants every 3 days??

>

04-17-12, 11:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Kim gave her a cupcake.

04-18-12, 00:31 AM (EST)
34. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"

Actually, here is the word-by-word first discussion of voting out Troy or Jay...

Kim and Chelsea are in the boat alone. Kim is laying in the stern while Chelsea sits in the bow.

Chelsea: Do you think last night was a smart decision?

Kim: (nods her head) Do you not?

Chelsea: (beginning cut off) Mike went out, and the girls are ahead.

Kim: I feel bad because I think deep down they know they made the wrong choice already.

Chelsea: (off camera) Oh, yeah.

Kim: (continuing) They have to be really worried.

Confessional with Kim where she says for the umpteenth time that it was a win-win. (Are you sure? Or was it "awesome"?) She says she hopes to be a little forgettable. (Well, mission accomplished, Kim. You are definitely that.)

Kim ends the confessional by saying that as long as she is sitting with her three at the end, then she is confident most will know she is making most the decisions. This is followed by a dramatic sound effect, which could be taken several ways. The camera is showing Chelsea during most of this and flashes back to her at the sound effect. (Is the effect meant to augment Kim's statement? She indeed will be remembered as the one calling the shots. Or does the sound effect foretell that NOT being such a good thing? Maybe Chelsea benefits because of it. OR, maybe Chelsea loses because of it. Like I said, can be taken several ways. But it does seem of importance to Chelsea.)

Now, all 4 girls are in or near the boat. Alicia is sitting at the stern, furthest from Chelsea, who is now lying down with her head propped up against the prow looking sexy as hell. She appears to be cleaning her teeth with a twig and looking very contemplative. By the way, her teeth are ridiculously white for Day 24 of Survivor. Kim is laying across the boat closest to Chelsea. Kat is standing over them.

Kim: I just think its smartest for us to get rid of Jay and Troy and then get rid of Tarzan and Leif. (Alicia tries to interrupt, but Kim just keeps right on.) We need them to believe with all their hearts that they are not going home because if they don't, they will start, they will find another HII or they will pull some crap. So we just...

Alicia: I agree.

Chelsea: I just don't know if I want to know about it.

Kim: Do you feel funky about that?

Chelsea: I've got a lot going through my head.

Confessional with Chelsea stating her reservations about lying to Jay and Troy when she's looked them in the eye and told them they can trust her. She says it isn't her.

Kat: Do you not think it is a good idea to get rid of them?

Chelsea: I don't know. I gotta think.

Kim: Jay could win every immunity from here on in. (Yes, the mighty Jay!)

Chelsea: So could Troy.

Kim: And Troy has a good shot at doing that too, so the minute that they don't win, I think they have to go.

Chelsea: Aha... This is like the part of this game that sucks so bad.

Kim: It sucks @ss. (Uncensored by the way.)

Alicia then says this is the part of the game where you have to remove heart and insert brain. Of course, since she has neither, it is no concern of hers.

Alicia then has a brief confessional where she says she is upset at Chelsea getting all sensitive. No one asked her to make friends with the boys. They were doing fine without them. (HAHAHAHAHA... The famous Survivor confessional ala hypocrisy! Ah, Alicia, remember your time on Manono??) Since Alicia is not a NuSalani member, obviously she would be concerned about Chelsea's reluctance to break that alliance.

Kat is then seen talking with Sabrina. Kat says Chelsea isn't comfortable with voting out Jay and Troy and isn't sure she wants to know about it. Kat says "Dude, what is wrong with you? We could be Final 3, or Final 4." (I fail to be impressed with Kat's math skills. She was just in a discussion with 4 people. So, no, they couldn't be the Final 3. Now, she is talking to Sabrina, a fifth. So, no, you couldn't be the Final 4 either. Keep trying and maybe you'll get it right next time.)

Sabrina agrees absolutely that one of the big guys should go next and that the girls are "out with a bang" if they get the guys out.

Kat agrees. Always quite the follower.

Sabrina then has a confessional where she says its time for "big girl decisions." Like Chelsea's confessional earlier, this appears to be filmed later on. Sabrina never directs her comments towards Chelsea and frankly could be talking about anything.

Kind of the overall point here is that Chelsea never argued against the decision. She just stated she didn't like what she had to do.

I would also point out that the women seem somewhat impotent without Chelsea. They were frustrated with her because they need her. Kim might be their strategical leader, but Chelsea is their strength. This is seen again later in the episode when the women abandon the IC, relying on Chelsea to beat the guys. It is not just important for Chelsea to vote with the women. She needs to be WITH them 100%.

I also noticed in the re-watch that the phrase "Kim and Chelsea" or "Chelsea and Kim" was used about 10 times. Kim was never talked about once as being the sole leader of anything.

>

04-18-12, 00:55 AM (EST)
35. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Thanks for the breakdown. Don't get me wrong, I like Chelsea and do think she has her head in the game, and it speaks well for her that she is struggling with the cut-throat nature of the game. That's where the game breaks drastically with real life, reality, in that most often we are not in situations (outside of politics) where it is kill or be killed. What I do think, rather, is that anyone who voluntarilly goes into the game of Survivor should do so understanding it is a cut-throat game and assuming that all their competition will be playing cut-throat as well.

I probably shouldn't have posted the cupcake thing, read that somewhere and don't know if it is true; it may have been someone's idea of a joke, or an observation on how closely Kim and Chelsea are linked.

04-18-12, 05:32 PM (EST)
37. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
1. The important thing isn't who said it but that the editors wanted us to hear it. The audience was meant to see that Chelsea was having problems playing the game.

2. Which is it? Coat-tail rider of course. Jay will blame her for going along.

3. You are right about Troy. He finally saw through her lies after 12 days...

4. People are often offered food and drink when entering someone's house and say no thank you even if they'd like something. Chelsea's refusal was like that. I don't put much weight on following social conventions. The mouthful was the important point.

5. Leif's small feet made it much easier for him and he said he was pumping his fist constantly to get blood circulating and avoid cramps. He wasn't steeping down if it hadn't been for Chelsea's plea.

6. "Chelsea and Kim" was mostly Jay's words not really anyone else.

8. Thai 21 isn't even a game. The one that starts should always win. Kat scored the winning points for her tribe.

I'd like to invite you, Aruba, Dabo or anyone else to read the following and let me know if you are interested. I still have a few spots open:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID102/1401.shtml

04-18-12, 06:38 PM (EST)
39. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I'll have to read the rules more closely when I have more time. Off to a meeting. Will miss the episode tonight but will definitely catch it later this week on CBS website.

Later!

04-19-12, 00:37 AM (EST)
41. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
Thanks for the invite but I'm going to pass, I swore off games a few years back.

04-18-12, 06:15 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I know Chelsea's "your girl" this season but, sorry...her (and Kat) are riding Kim's coattails. I do not preceive this co-leaderhip you see with Kim and Chelsea. But hey, even if she benefits from a disgruntled Jury her million will be just as green as Tom Westman's.

All castaways are keenly aware that millions and millions of viewers/fans are watching (and scrutinizing) their every move and decision. Whether it was truly a personal struggle Chelsea was fighting or a legitimate concern over how millions of viewers will perceive her as a liar is unknown. A b!tchy hag like Alicia, whose State job is probably tenured and safe and who figures there's still enough guys out there who'll fold like a cheap coat at the first sight of clevage, could probably care less about how millions perceive her. But Chelsea is no Alicia. Not to get too analytical over her "words" or intent, I'll repeat what I said in my list..."actions speak louder than words," and at the end of the day her actions spoke.

Yes, Jay stepped down "voluntarily." Even so, there's no way he outlasts Chelsea or any of the other women for that matter if they did not decide to bail out. That's just the nature of that particular IC. I only watched this episode once and I don't feel like going back to watch again, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it AFTER the IC when Troy told Jay about his HII? If so, Jay had every reason to think Troy was above him on the girl's Anti-Darwin hit list. Even so, just another reason you hold nothing to chance when paying Survivor.

You're right...that RC was pathetic. But I think the reason Michel tooted Kat's horn at this RC is because I credited Tarzan with being the MVP of the challenge...which he was. I didn't mention it to paint a picture of Tarzan as a "challenge stud" for performing well in what was nothing more than a "toss and pray" contest; it was more to point out it was his first food reward. And one cannot assume Kat's two points was all they needed even with a 6-1 final score. If Tarzan does not get a 4-pointer, it doesn't force Sabrina to HAVE to go for the hardest and highest 5-point rung just for the tie. She could have tried for the much easier 2-pointer for the win and even if it dropped to the 1-point rung below, it's still a tie.

You ask is it necessary to get fed every three days? The answer is YES if their objective is to turn Survivor into a Big Brother on an island or in a jungle. Sad but true.

04-18-12, 10:03 PM (EST)
40. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"

It isn't really a matter of my perception. Every castaway we've heard from has called them "Kim and Chelsea."

In the post interviews and all during the show, that is what everyone is saying.

Not just Jay, but Troy refers to both of them several times during this last show.

During the conversation I posted, was Chelsea being talked to like a coat tail rider? No, her and Kim were openly discussing what they should do next. Chelsea's opinion is obviously important. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Kim never asked Alicia or Kat whether they agreed with her strategy. They eagerly agreed without being asked. But she did ask Chelsea, more than once. It was obviously very important that Chelsea agree.

Notice how Alicia and Kat didn't have the guts to voice their disagreement with Chelsea in front of Kim? Alicia had to run to confessional, and Kat spoke in hushed tones to Sabrina behind their back. Neither has the power to confront Chelsea out in the open, and they know it.

I LOVED the IC and watched it a couple times. Lief was actually struggling pretty bad at the end. He was using one arm to hold up the other and was definitely in some discomfort. I might make Lief the favorite, but you can't automatically assume Jay doesn't beat him if Chelsea had bowed out and given him the chance.

At the end, Chelsea said, "I love money." That perfectly capped one of Survivor's favorite subplots- the battle of personal ethics versus the desire for money. I would agree that in the end she came off poorly. In fact, you can say the entire thread wasn't even about her, just about that timeless battle, with her as the vehicle.

I would also agree that if that is the best reasoning she can come up with, then the jury will tear her apart and Kim has this in the bag.

>

04-19-12, 07:07 AM (EST)
42. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 9 Love/Loathe List"
I haven't watch last night's episode yet but will repond by saying I have no doubt Kim and Chelsea are joined at the hip in the game, thus the reason why everyone mentions both of their names in the same breath.

And why are they joined at the hip? Kim has a vested interest to keep Chelsea close to the vest. Why? Because Chelsea knows a secret. And the secret is...

KIM HAS A HII!

If I were Kim I'd go to Chelsea first and foremost for EVERYTHING to ensure it stays a secret. You bet I'd be discussing everything openly with her. Not so much for her agreement or opinion, but to make sure it's ONLY her who knows about the HII until I decide to play it. Obviously the others do not know this...all they see is Chelsea is Kim's girl. So naturally they will not voice any displeasure with Chelsea in front of Kim. Especially with Kim calling the shots and the others riding her coattails.

Good for Chelsea that "she loves money." When the game is over and she returns to the society we all know, she'll have no problem being the hott executive wife; so her future proabably looks financially promising with or without a disgruntled Jury at FTC.

04-18-12, 00:59 AM (EST)
36. "Tallies"
Kim - 9|1.5
Troy "Troyzan" - 16|2.666...
Sabrina - 20|3.333...
Chelsea - 21|3.5
Kat - 26|4.333...
Alicia - 41|6.833...
Christina - 42|7
Greg "Tarzan" - 45|7.5
Leif - 50|8.333...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •