The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-12, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Well apparently the Frat Pack 4 were not the only ones who can't pass first grade math. Troy did not only paint Kim's F4...he framed it and hung it on the wall for ALL to see and they STILL can't do the math? For all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks who criticized Troy and others for what they should have done in prior episodes, i.e. blindside Colton, not go to TC, etc., etc, Blah, Blah, Blah...this past episode is a pristine example of what I've been saying all along, so I'll say it yet again...any plan, even if all it requires is "commonsense," doesn't mean diddly squat if your casted with a bunch of idiots, clueless zombies, and/or coattail riders. End of statement.

1) TROY (5,4,2,2,2,2,1,3,2) - It's one thing to win IC because of one's competitive nature. It's another to HAVE to win for your survivial and you go out and do it! The IC advantage he won at auction was easily the least advantageous compared to other IC advantage auction wins in prior seasons, so it was still a well earned and much needed win. Not only does he have the F4 pegged, he also announces the boot order at TC. There are those who will say it took him a week or so to come up with this realization, but it doesn't matter because if the others are unable to acknowledge this fact now on Day 27, they wouldn't have acknowledged it any day prior. It must be frustrating for a competitive player like Troy to be cursed with a cast of players perfectly content to finish in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th places.

2) KIM (9,5,4,7,1,1,2,1,1) - Troy's curse has been Kim's blessing. For the same reason I stated last week it makes perfect sense NOT to play her HII because, unlike other losers in this cast, her sole objective is to WIN. Fortunately for her there are four others who do NOT share that same objective, otherwise she'd be arriving on the Ponderosa with a HII in her pocket.

There has never been such a major dropoff after the first two at this point in the game, but such is the nature of this cast. For whatever it's worth, here's the rest...

3) SABRIBA (1,1,1,1,4,3,4,4,3) - Is she the only one who understood the bidding ends at $500 even if it's the opening bid?? I think so. Whereas she's got to feel comfortable about a F4, I'm sure she's astute enough to know the only way she's sitting at FTC is to win the final IC; which is probably her plan all along. Kinda like walking up to a Roulette table and putting it all on either red or black. But hey, if that's the case at least she has a proactive plan to try to "win"--more than you can say for half of the remaining players in the game.

4) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5,7,6,9,4) - You want Troy to calm down because, in your words, "it's just part of the game." HMMM, would that rationale have worked if someone uttered those same words to you after you told Leif to "shut the F--- up!?" I don't think so. She didn't do herself any favors jawing with a guy at TC who knows his days are numbered and is intent on pushing whatever buttons he can to go out with a bang. But deserves a top half ranking for actually wanting to "win" the game.

5) GREG (11,12,15,14,13,10,9,10,6) - Only reason he's here is for his solid IC effort. Reprimanding Troy for his behavior was hypocracy almost to the point of comic relief. When did this "crusty old a$$" turn into a Mother Teresa??? This is the same obnoxious man who shouted "cheaters" to the women; cheapens their victory by calling it "luck;" tosses his poop stained briefs in with Chelsea's clothes then tries to smooth things over by talking about her fake boobies; and created confrontations with other male castaways contributing to the advantage the women now enjoy. Where do they find these people???!!!

6) KAT (12,14,12,11,12,10,7,8,5) - OK, here's the rules of the auction: Bid in increments of $20. Jeff: We have an opening bid of $20...do I have any other bids? Kat: I bid $20. DUH?! And she's in great position to sit at FTC? Sweet Mother of Mercy!

7) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9,5,3,5,8) - A question for all the women bellyaching over Christina not outbidding Troy...why didn't YOU outbid him yourselves? Oh, that's right...you were too busy shelling out your do-re-mi to grub food. So guess what...you're ALL to be held accountable. Christina STILL advances to the second round at the IC and didn't have to fork over half a grand to get there. Good for her! But have to keep her low for being content to eventually join the Jury instead of making a move to put herself in better position.

8) ALICIA (16,16,12,12,7,12,11,6,7) - Yes Alicia, you ARE a dummy. I guess the aura of being on Survivor is so great some castaways don't give a crap about winning anymore? I'm sure Kim can't believe her good fortune.

BOOTED) LEIF (4,3,7,6,11,8,10,7,9) - What's up with the face paint? Auditioning for Godspell??? I'll sum up Leif in four words--Simple man; Simple mind. If the Producers' intent was a female winner this season, then Leif helped them serve their purpose.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... dabo 04-20-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-20-12 2
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... dabo 04-21-12 22
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-21-12 24
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-20-12 3
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Belle Book 04-20-12 5
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-20-12 8
   Nah dabo 04-21-12 9
       RE: Nah michel 04-21-12 10
           RE: Nah dabo 04-21-12 16
       RE: Nah Aruba 04-21-12 11
           RE: Nah garyc 04-21-12 13
           RE: Nah michel 04-21-12 14
               RE: Nah Aruba 04-21-12 17
                   RE: Nah michel 04-21-12 18
                       RE: Nah Aruba 04-21-12 19
                           RE: Nah michel 04-21-12 20
                           RE: Nah Belle Book 04-21-12 21
                               RE: Nah dabo 04-21-12 23
                                   RE: Nah michel 04-21-12 25
                                       RE: Nah dabo 04-21-12 26
                                           RE: Nah michel 04-22-12 28
                                               RE: Nah dabo 04-22-12 30
                                                   RE: Nah michel 04-22-12 35
                                                       RE: Nah dabo 04-22-12 51
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... SOAR64 04-20-12 4
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-20-12 7
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-21-12 12
 My List dabo 04-20-12 6
   RE: My List garyc 04-21-12 15
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-22-12 27
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-22-12 29
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-22-12 31
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-22-12 33
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-22-12 37
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-22-12 38
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... iltarion 04-22-12 40
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-22-12 42
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-22-12 41
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-22-12 44
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-22-12 46
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-22-12 47
                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Belle Book 04-22-12 49
                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... michel 04-22-12 52
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... dabo 04-22-12 54
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... Aruba 04-22-12 32
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loath... SpotTheDiffference 04-22-12 34
 My List michel 04-22-12 36
   RE: My List iltarion 04-22-12 39
       RE: My List michel 04-22-12 43
           RE: My List Aruba 04-22-12 45
               RE: My List michel 04-22-12 53
                   RE: My List Aruba 04-23-12 55
                       RE: My List Aruba 04-23-12 56
       RE: My List garyc 04-22-12 48
           RE: My List Aruba 04-22-12 50
               RE: My List garyc 04-23-12 57
                   RE: My List michel 04-23-12 58
                   RE: My List Aruba 04-23-12 59
                       RE: My List iltarion 04-23-12 60
                           RE: My List Aruba 04-24-12 61
 Tallies dabo 04-25-12 62

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-12, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
SABRIBA? I've got to say if that was a typo, leave it, it's a masterpiece.

It was stunning how few of them understood bidding strategy at the auction. Sabrina was okay but (ugh) a Margarita? You couldn't pay me to drink one of those, especially not on television. Kim and Leif were okay at bidding, the rest of them were idiots. $160 for three donuts, are you kidding me? It was the first item, they get better! And Alicia turning on the tears probably could have had her letter for a lot less, Jeff practically handed Jenna Morasca her letter from home when she turned on the tears.

And if Troy wanted the edge up so badly why did he start the bidding at $300? Maybe he was hoping he could get it low and still get something to eat.

It was very unfair to Christina that she was the one put on the spot to try to outbid Troy, he would have outbid her had she gone to $480. Seriously though, Christina with an edge up and everyone else with one hand tied behind their backs, would still probably not win a challenge. I'm sure she tried her best every time, but she is just not good at challenges, and anything involving throwing she might as well ask for a relief pitcher.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-20-12, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
HaHa...it was a typo. "B" is next to "N" on the keyboard. I'm the world's worst typist.

I hear ya on the Margarita. I don't think I've had a mixed drink in over 30 years. But I give a DOUBLE "UGH" to the guacamole. YUCK!!! Although I must admit if I was feeling fairly safe at next TC, I might spend half my money allotment on salsa & chips with a cold mug of beer!

I really didn't get what Alicia was trying to say through all her hysterical crying but didn't she say something to the effect that see never talks to her father??? That wouldn't surprise me because I'm surprised anyone would want to talk to her (unless they've been drinking for a few hours.) And I believe Jenna M. was given her letter from home because her mom was dying from cancer while she was playing.

I'm still not getting what Troy was thinking starting the bid at $300??? Especially being a student of the game he's got to remember Samoa when that player (I forget his name...had a chip on his shoulder when it came to race but was OK referring to someone from the South as a "redneck') flat out asked Jeff what would happen if he started the bid at $500 and Jeff answered the bidding would end and the clue would be his.

Great call on Christina. I honestly don't feel that "advantage" influenced the outcome much in that IC. It was the lamest advantage compared to the other ones won in prior seasons, and Troy being a man on a mission coupled with his excellent track record in challenges most likely makes it to the second round anyway.

04-21-12, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
In Survivor: Amazon deaf and isolated Christy outbid Jenna for her letter from home. This upset Jenna who cried and was worried about her mother who had been ill, so Jeff put letters up for bid again and Jenna got her letter with no one bidding against her.

A year later Jenna showed up to compete in All-Stars even though her mother was very ill, she worried about her mother more and more as time went on, quit the game in episode 3, and was allowed to return home rather than having to remain in Panama. Her mother died the following week.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-12, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Completely off-topic but Heidi, Jenna's best friend, did bid against her. (Then again, she may have been asked to bid to make it look like a real auction)

Troy took a big chance starting the bidding at $300. He was lucky to still get what he wanted.

PS, The Samoa player was Jaison.

04-20-12, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
I'll give you simple math: 3 > 2.
For the girls, especially Alicia, it would have been dumb to go with Troyzan's plan. All it would have done was to give the game to him. What do you think happens at F5 with Leif, Tarzan and Troyzan on one side and Alicia and Christina on the other? Alicia can still count on being in the girls F3 while Christina could try the IC run more easily against women than Troy.

Oh and by the way, if Troy wanted to get Christina and Alicia on board, it would have been wise not to attack them at the start of the episode and then say they don't deserve to be there!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-20-12, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Yeah. There are short-term advantages to Alicia and Christina sticking with the other women rather than switching things up, especially Christina since she's probably not going to win an Immunity Challenge with Troyzan around!

04-20-12, 05:59 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Skip the math...howabout a simple number...as in 3.
That's how many men are left in the game. So WORST case scenario for either Alicia or Christina is F4. And that's if Troy is deadset on taking Leif and Tarzan to the F3 which I'm not completely convinced of. I think Troy wouldn't mind facing a Jury with five men sitting between two women.

The way it is now, Alicia & Christina are least likely to make the F4 whereas flipping to the men one is GUARANTEED a F4 spot. Talk about giving the game to someone...this current scenario gives the game to Kim moreso than a flip "giving" the game to Troy.

Although it's possible for Troy to run the table, the odds are strongly against that. Challenge Studs don't come anymore dominant than Terry and he lost the final IC. What if we have another Gabon with a pathetic "build a House of Cards" final IC which would not favor Troy's athletic ability?

Should a F3 of Kim, Chelsea, and Kat materialize NO ONE can claim they didn't "see it coming" because Troy pretty much spelt it out for everyone.

Troy attacked Christina and Alicia???? LMAO!!!!
Troy was having a discussion with Christina when the b!tchy hag initiated the "attack" by butting her skanky nose into a conversation not even directed toward her. Troy REACTED appropriately.

04-21-12, 01:06 AM (EST)
9. "Nah"
For the girls, especially Alicia, it would have been dumb to go with Troyzan's plan. All it would have done was to give the game to him.

It would actually have been a great move for Alicia and Christina if they could make a solid pact to go to FTC together. Why? Well, first, they take out Kim, who is the biggest threat to win the whole thing. It would take a successful blindside, of course, whether or not they knew of her HII. And-

The women would still outnumber the men. In the next cycle they could regroup with the women (5-3) to take out the men. Or they could stick with Troy's plan and knock out another women. And-

The women would still outnumber the men. In the next cycle after they could regroup with the women (4-3) to take out the men.

They both improve their odds not simply in terms of lasting longer but of winning the game.

Kim playing her HII to save herself, as noted, an obvious danger to them. The HII would probably go back into play, or an HII, so another danger. And of course the wrong person winning II at the wrong time, but that is always the unavoidable risk.

04-21-12, 02:51 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Nah"
Regroup????? You really think that is even possible? Not in our world.

Chelsea, Kat and Sabrina wouldn't want anything to do with Alicia and Christina. The pair would have to stay with Troy and they would lose the women's vote in the end. Great plan there. A suicide mission is all that Alicia and Christina could have accomplished.

Look, it's simple and Troy did give them the blueprint: How many players did he try to round up? FOUR. When does 4 become majority? At F7. Why make the move at F9 and add a fifth wheel, especially one as dangerous as Troy?

04-21-12, 12:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Nah"
Of course it could work. How things would actually go, we'll never know, stupid is as stupid does. As for why to do it, they couldn't vote out Troy, he had II, but they could have blindsided Kim, who is a major threat to win it all.

Regrouping with the two remaining of Chelsea, Kat, Sabrina at 4-3 to boot Troy they are good for F5 with both of them having a good shot of making FTC. None of the original Salani want to be sitting next to any of the original Manono at FTC. Chelsea was right, no matter how it played out Troy needs to have immunity at every single Tribal.

04-21-12, 09:15 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Nah"
A Christina and Alicia flip would have blindsided Kim and her HII to the Ponderosa, but after that move it would have been the point of no return for both of them. I don't see a realisitic shot of the girls "regrouping" AFTER Kim's blindside to take out the men.

Which isn't a bad thing for Christina and Alicia because at that point one of the two is guaranteed a F4 spot, and short of Troy running the table and winning every IC for the rest of the season (I believe unlikely) both could get into the F4 without anymore regrouping.

Dabo, I believe you and I are on the same page...do what you can to put YOURSELF in the best position to WIN. Apparently Christina and Alicia have other personal agendas. Just the mere notion of...Geez, I know if we flipped it would numerically put US in a better position...BUT if either of us don't win in the end it would put "this" person in a better position to win over "that" person...and we would rather see "that" person win over "this" person...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda, Blah, Blah, Blah...has got to be the most F'd up logic I can think of.

But I kinda suspect that's what's going on here.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-21-12, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Nah"
Question for me is whether or not it is likely that the remaining players who appear to have no shot at winning will ever band together to take out the Kim/Chelsea/Kat/Sabrina alliance? Guessing this group may be incapable of doing that
?
Why? They don't interact well enought to work together? They (Tarzan, Alicia, Christine) think they could be taken to final TC because they think they would be easy to beat and Kim etc. know that?

Best shot might be a Chelsea (who has been seen and heard a lot this season) or Sabrina putting together a blindside of Kim.

04-21-12, 10:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Nah"
Getting in the F4 without a chance to win is simply dumb. It means you played the game but didn't know the rules; the need to get votes in the end. That's what that move would have done for Alicia and Christina, that's what it did to Dreamz! None of the women would vote for them and, with one guy sitting next to them at least in the F3, none of the guys would likely vote for them. Your plan puts them in the WORST position to win.

And you are completely wrong to think that I am using the following "logic": "if either of us don't win in the end it would put "this" person in a better position to win over "that" person...and we would rather see "that" person win over "this" person".
It's not IF either of them don't win, it kills their game: They'd be giving the win to Troy.

Like I said, a 4 person group controls the game at F7 not F9 so, if I was in Alicia's position, I'd really want the girls to help me get rid of Troy. Then, at F7, I would work with Tarzan, Kat and Christina to flip the game. An F3 under those conditions is a possible win for Alicia.

04-21-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Nah"
Sorry for the confusion. It was Christina's and Alicia's "logic" I was refering to...not YOURS.

I'm not saying any one plan puts them in a GREAT position to win; what I'm saying is my plan puts them in a BETTER position. You may think my plan puts them in a "worst" position, but yours puts them in NO position to win.

I don't know where you're getting this "4 person group" in the F9 scenario??? Troy pointed out specifically who Kim's F4 are. The OTHER FIVE is who he wanted to take control of the game.

Once it gets to the F7...GAME OVER exactly as Troy stated when he singled out Kim, Chelsea, Kat, and Sabrina. If anything it's a ton easier to get rid of ONE person later in the game than trying to get rid of FOUR people later...especially as the numbers dwindle.

As far as Dre is concerned, it's not so much "what it did to Dreamz," in Fiji it's what it did for his racially motivated alliance. If that racist piece of trash knew HE wouldn't win, he (and the alliance he was in) was going to make pretty darn sure a player of color would.

I suspect this is what we're probably seeing here. Apparently some women may feel they have little to no shot at winning, so instead of improving their odds even a little, they'll make darn sure no male castaway wins.

04-21-12, 05:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Nah"
My group of 4 would be Alicia, Christina, Tarzan and Kat. Of Troy's big 4, only 3 can make it to the end and Kat must feel left out of the strategy discussions. Alicia was her best bud for a long time and she knows that this new F4 isn't as solid as Kim's. That would be where Alicia and Kat should make their move. That's their best position to win.

04-21-12, 05:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Nah"
It's interesting you would say Kay must feel left out of the strategy discussions. Kim and Chelsea must be grooming (if they haven't already promised) someone to sit with them in the F3. Kat would seem like a perfect candidate. Even though we have all mentioned Tarzan as "goat" material, with five men on the Jury I don't believe Kim would take a chance of having ANY guy in the F3.

If they're thinking Sabrina I think that would be a major error on Kim's part. I could see Sabrina pretty comfortable and in her element facing the scrutiny of FTC. She's very quick on her feet and quick witted to do extremely well with a Q&A session.

On the other hand, they don't come much dumber than Kat. Her potential FTC performance could make doe-eyes Amanda sound like Obama's speech writer.

I guess my question is why you would feel Kat is not in Kim/Chelsea's plans and who do you think they are considering to bring to the F3?

04-21-12, 07:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Nah"
I'm sure Kim wants Kat in her F3 but there is no way Kat could be sure of that. And Kat could see that going with Alicia is a way to get a goat for herself instead of being one.

04-21-12, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Nah"
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kim and Chelsea are grooming Kat to go to the Final 3 with them and not Sabrina.

Although to people looking at them on the outside, it must seem that Alicia, Christina and Tarzan should have joined forces with Leif and Troyzan, we're not there and we aren't seeing the whole picture. And I can see some reasons why at least Alicia and Christina failed to bite.

First, Troyzan is a known challenge threat and Leif is a likely jury threat because he's a little guy and can get sympathy votes. Although I doubt that Leif would face the jury, I'm not sure that Alicia and Christina would want to risk aligning with him and Troyzan.

Second, I suspect Kim has Final 3 deals with Alicia and Christina as well as with Chelsea, Kat and Sabrina. If I'm right, why would Alicia or Christina have reason to switch? They each think they're Final 3! After all, one reason why Rick and Edna failed to switch things up was because they each had Final 3 deals with Sophie!

04-21-12, 09:36 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Nah"
I suspect Kim has Final 3 deals with Alicia and Christina as well as with Chelsea, Kat and Sabrina.

I think that's close to the mark. Alicia may think she has a route to FTC, Tarzan may think he has a route to FTC, Sabrina may think she has a route to FTC, Christina may think she has a route to FTC, Kat may think she has a route to FTC. They obviously can't all get to FTC, but none of them are going to give up what they think they may have unless something better comes their way.

04-21-12, 10:33 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Nah"
So now we agree that it wouldn't have been a good move to side with Troy?

04-21-12, 11:19 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Nah"
Not at all. Just because someone thinks they have a route to FTC that doesn't mean they actually do have a route to FTC, I am simply acknowledging that they do factor in what they think they have when making decisions.

I don't think jumping onto Troy's plan would have handed him the game, Alicia and Christina would have been able to bump him out if he doesn't win the next two IIs or have the HII to play; and meanwhile they could have gotten Kim and maybe Chelsea out of their way, improving their odds.

04-22-12, 00:48 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Nah"
Let's assume for a second that the other women forgive Alicia and Christina for eliminating Kim: We would be at F8 and the tribe would be split 3-3-2 so, either way, Christina and Alicia wind up in a 3-2 disadvantage at F5, be it against Troy, Tarzan and Lief or against Kat, Chelsea and Sabrina. They can't win. One of them might make the F3 only because they have turned themselves into the same kind of goat that Dreamz turned out to be.

At F7, if they can turn Kat and go with her to the F3 then all the participants of that F3 have blood on their hands, all are equally responsible for the destruction of the alliance so they have an equal shot at the win.

04-22-12, 02:11 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Nah"
You want to assume stuff? Okay, let's assume. For all we know three or four of the women were plotting to get rid of Kim eventually anyway, they just would prefer to get rid of Troy first. Couldn't do that this time, he had II. Had Alicia and Christina jumped to Troy's plan it simply just only alters the plan, there is nothing to forgive, it is just an adjustment. Kim's gone, everyone else's odds of winning improve. It's a good thing. The women still outnumber the men, great, especially if Troy no longer thinks he needs immunity every single time to get to FTC even though, really, he does. They are still going to pop him first chance they have.

As things turned out, Troy knows now his only route to FTC is having immunity every single time. Next episode should be a blast as he continues to go over the top.

04-22-12, 11:37 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Nah"
Did you watch the show? I know you did so why assume that 4 women were plotting already against Kim? They clearly weren't because she is still there.

Chelsea, Kat and Sabrina would have been pissed at the other two women and assuming they wouldn't be is preposterous. On the other hand, the 3-3-2 split may be an assumption but it follows common sense.

04-22-12, 08:05 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Nah"
LOL! Last episode the women planned to split the vote 3-3 to flush an idol they feared Troy had found, they stuck to the plan but Troy won II so they split 3 on Tarzan, 3 on Leif. Tarzan tipped the balance in his favor by voting Leif, so we don't know who would have been booted when the women voted as a blok on the revote. There are things they show us and things they don't show us, agreed? Troy didn't cover Tarzan or Leif by playing the HII he didn't have anyway, and now the women still don't know if he has it; though they certainly had (or should have had) a revote plan if no HII was played.

So, going into the next cycle, everyone managed to eliminate a non-threat instead of a threat, there are only two men remaining, the women still don't know whether Troy has an HII, if either Troy or Tarzan wins II they are going to have to split the vote 4-2 with one of the women targeted as secondary. If the men find out who that secondary target is they can vote for her and hope for a shake-up on the revote, or hope one of them actually finds an idol.

Alternately, five women could have had three male targets remaining and gotten rid of the biggest winner threat amongst them while retaining their best challenge player. And Troy might relax, not consider playing the HII he doesn't have anyway, he would go all out for the II in any event but so would Chelsea and Tarzan.

If we speculate what anyone's plan for getting to FTC happens to be, Kim's plan seems pretty well laid out, whether the others are really on board or planning a Kim blindside at some point is unknown. For all we know Alicia thinks she's getting to F5 with Chelsea, Kat, Kim and Sabrina and then she and Kat and Sabrina are going to bounce Chelsea and Kim. That may not be what Kat and Sabrina really intend to do if true, but Alicia is content to not rock the boat.

SOAR64 136 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
It has always puzzled me as to why the survivor contestants before the auction do not simply make an agreement between every one in the group that as Jeff places the items up for bid, that each of them as decided in advance only bid $20.00 for each item offered at the auction. This would only apply to food items or showers and not to any immunity challenge clue advantage. After returning to camp, all the money that was left would be combined and they could distribute it as they pleased.

04-20-12, 04:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
I can give you a few reasons but I think the most obvious would be that production would simply eliminate the auction if they heard players plotting that way. They would be asked to go back to tree mail and would be informed that a reward challenge would be coming up instead. As viewers, we would never know an auction had been planned and the castaways would be forbidden to talk about it. I believe the threat of eliminating the auction would suffice.

Anyway, the prizes go up in value so who would be dumb enough to volunteer for the first item especially if it lets someone have a steak dinner for $20?

04-21-12, 09:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
You scored a bullseye on this one Michel.

Also I don't think you would ever have a situation where ALL the remaining players, at the point of the season when you have the auction, would be on the same page and be able to agree on ANYTHING unanomously.

I'm kind of bummed they don't allow players to share or pool their money in the auction. It would certainly make it more entertaining for us viewers.

But if they are firm about that, my pet peeve is they TRULY force every bidder to be on their own. There should be NO coaching or promping from other players who do not have enough left to bid with. If you want to squander almost all your money on disgusting guacamole and a salty margarita with salty chips that will leave you MORE thirsty than before, you should keep your big trap shut and let each player bid and decide on their own. Just my two cents.

04-20-12, 01:19 PM (EST)
6. "My List"
1. Kim (2). Although Troy did manage to rattle her with his antics, and she is struggling to maintain control, she is clearly still on top of the game. And coming out of the shower, counting her money making a show on the peanut butter bid, she did actually have (finally) an amusing moment. Woo-Woo!

2. Chelsea (5). Her moral issues continued, slightly, and she seems to be heading into a more diplomatic mode, so good. Things can still get to her, but telling Troyzan that Jonas was more deserving for all the work he did, very telling if subtle moment. Her disappointment in Christina was short-lived once she got it vented.

3. Kat (4). It's bacon! Kat was the comedy cut-up at the auction, and very animated. "Yeah yeah yeah, get over here so I can get more airtime." At this point she seems to be playing for the Fan Favorite award, shame she isn't getting more focus in the edit. In the group strategy session she had some very good strategy points, though, so her head is in the game.

4. Troy "Troyzan" (1). Man oh man, this last episode was all Troyzan, it was his show. And I love that he is going all out, he really did put this episode over the top. But for the sexist nonsense I might have placed him #1 again this week. In the end he did have a great plan for a classic Survivor upset, and I'm pretty certain Christina and Leif would have been onboard but one or both of Alicia and Tarzan wouldn't buy in. Damn shame, it would have been classic, classic!

5. Christina (8). Dang she was hot this time, yowza! And she managed to get through the first stage of the IC, dang shame the second stage was something she sucked at. I do think she is just biding her time and waiting her turn, but at least she is making the best of it.

6. Sabrina (3). Wish I could place her higher but other than getting annoyed at Troy she pretty much vanished this episode.

7. Greg "Tarzan" (7). Bought himself another round by voting Leif out, whether or not he was clued in on the voting strategy. Has moved from camp annoyance to sympathic old guy, but Captain Attitude getting in Troy's face about nobility was a good political play under the circumstances, and brought Troy to a reality check moment.

8. Alicia (6). The player who probably balked at Troy's classic upset plan, and yeah she is a dummy. Use Troy to get on top of the game, get rid of him when you no longer need him, she could have placed herself in a potential win position. No guts no glory.

Good-bye Leif (9). Took it like a man.

04-21-12, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My List"
1. Chelsea: Part of the dominant (the only?) alliance but also appears to think for herself (not so sure about her ability to count based on TC but guess that was just an attempt to tell Troyzan he could not put a group together that includes any of the women.)

2. Kat: Good comic relief.

3. Kim: Doing most everything right.

4. Sabrina: In a good place. Not sure why she decided to tell Troyzan he was behaving badly towards the women though. Why not let him continue to alienate them?

5. Troyzan: Trying, but not convinced he can do anything more than continue to win IC's. Think his chances might have been better if he was more low key.

Not much of interest going on with the others for me.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-12, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"

My God, the lame food auction and letters from home in the same episode? Ugh... And then, of course, they all get a cake at the end anyway. How ridiculous... Trip to the Spa... err... Survivor Season 24 continues.... My list will contain pictures of the 3 things this episode had going for it.

1. TROY

This is Troy's show right now. He might not have played a great game this last episode, but he remains the sole hope for suspense this season. MAYBE Alicia and Christina might have considered your offer a little more seriously if you hadn't gotten into a fight with them right after the Jay boot. Yeah, singling out your potential best ally among the women in front of all the other women wasn't the smoothest of moves. And I appreciate the competitiveness, but all your hysterics are only making the women want to stick together and boot you that much more. Isn't this the guy that picked on the women about their emotions? HAHAHA... "Women... they get their money and their house... and then they don't need you anymore." Haha... sounds like you talk from experience, mon.

2. KIM - Great episode for her that required little more than keeping her mouth shut. Chelsea took her confessionals, but her presence was constant. She made off like a bandit in the auction, getting a shower, a brushing of her teeth, and some food to boot. She also showed some tan skin and long legs along the way (not bad). She kept the women in line and even got her F3 partners to hurt their cases and help hers in front of the jury. BTW, Troy being in this game is beautiful for Kim and Chelsea. As long as he is, the women will stay united against him. He is sort of like Terry in that regard. He scares the crap out of everyone. As long as he is in the game, Kim and Chelsea are untouchable.

3. CHELSEA

Keep it cool, girl. She got her face time, which just cements the likelihood of her being in the Finals. Unfortunately, in this show, we also saw why Kim would want her there. Her fighting with Troyzan is pure foolishness.Troyzan said right out that Kim was the best female player there, and Chelsea HAS to get his vote to have a chance. I did love her competitiveness, as usual, though. I loved when she told Troyzan to "bring it on" after the challenge, and when she reminded Troyzan during the TC that she beat him once already. She was probably 100% right when she told Troy he would have to win all the immunities to keep his "plan" together, but it was edited to make her look foolish, which is the bottom line to take from that. Her "take it like a man" recommendation perfectly fits the "women expect chivalry" theme that I talked about earlier in the season. BTW, booting off Lief to avoid panic among the women was HER idea

4. CHRISTINA

The third thing good about this episode. Nice to see production and I are still on the same page. Yeah, she seems content with 6th place, but I wonder how I can find it in my heart to forgive that? I wonder.

5. Sabrina - Fortunes continue to drop. I don't know why she was having it out with Troyzan at all. At least Chelsea has that competitive edge as an excuse. Sabrina doesn't even compete. If Troyzan wants to ruin his chances with the women, so be it!

6. Alicia - She may be a hag half the time, but she grabs a bigger part of the edit than Kat. I think her odds of getting to the F3 as a goat are better than Kat's. Rob C agreed with Aruba and dabo, saying on his blog that Alicia should have made a move. He points out that F9 and F7 are basically the only chances to do it. Michel's plan relies on the notion that Kat would be willing to make a move at F7. That seems to be a stretch, considering Kat has shown zero aggressive bones in her body. However, the key point is Troy. The women are scared to death of him. He can win challenges and the votes. None of the women will budge until he is gone.

7. KAT - Had a low impact this episode. Continues to try to be comic relief, but she is a sorry replacement for Jonas.

8. Tarzan - Just another fool who thinks he has an alliance yet. I wish he would have voted for Kim just so we could have had the 3-3-3 tie. It was likely smarter to just ensure Lief's boot, however.

Don't Let the Door Hit You on the Way Out

Lief - Even the voters couldn't decide on how to spell his name. Obviously neither can I. He was a useless cast choice.

>

04-22-12, 01:12 AM (EST)
29. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Very nice list and pictures. Mine will be much the same except Troy will be lower.

The advantages of waiting for F7 are so great that it's ridiculous to think that Alicia should have made a move at F9. Look at this this way: Even if Kat is unwilling to make a move at F7, Alicia isn't in danger and is still in a position to make the F3. Her move could happen later like at F6 when the women realize who the jury favors. Suddenly, everyone would want to be with Alicia, Christina and Kat. Choose one, knock out the other two.

Getting to the end isn't Alicia's biggest problem. Getting votes is. Staying with the women for now is the only way she could get enough to win.

04-22-12, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"

The only way Alicia could win a vote would be to make a move on Kim and get the credit. If she knew Kim has the HII, then I think you could make the argument that she should have moved now.

However, she doesn't know, and considering everything else, I agree that she is better off to take a shot later on.

The main thing is Troy. You have to get rid of him, and you might need Chelsea and Kim around to do that.

>

04-22-12, 07:16 AM (EST)
33. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"

"The only way Alicia could win a vote would be to make a move on Kim and get the credit. "

Yeah...I feel that way also. I'm not buying into the notion if Alicia (or Christina for that matter) gets to the F3 and is sitting with Tarzan and Leif, these two guys get the men's votes solely for being men.

The men on the Jury now are there directly as a result of Team Kim. Alicia or Christina would be rewarded for A) being mostly instrumental in making that move happen, and B) knock the one (or ones) out of the game who put the male jurors on the Jury to being with.

The obvious fly in the ointment is Troy. But as I stated before, it's easier to deal with ONE person later than having to deal with and take out an ALLIANCE later.

04-22-12, 12:27 PM (EST)
37. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
But what about the women on the jury? Alicia would have thrown away Kim, Chelsea, Sabrina and Kat's votes. She'd need ALL the men's vote to have a shot and that is simply not happening.

If Kat, Christina and Alicia move together at the F7 then the women will have to vote for one of them. That's Alicia's only chance: It's not always good to get the credit, it's always vital to share the blame.

04-22-12, 01:23 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
"But what about the women on the jury? "

In the F3 scenario I layed out with Alicia/Tarzan/Leif, Alicia gets Christina's vote. You asked in your list if Alicia and Christina made up? Well half of your question was answered in Ep. 2. It was only Alicia would continued to be a B!tch about the whole thing.

You REALLY think ALL the women would throw their votes to the likes of a Tarzan and Leif??? LOL! THAT is simply not happening.

Now let me see if I understand your logic...you suggest that Kim can still garnish her former alliance mates votes who became jurors after she lied to their faces (because "that's part of the game?")
Yet it would be impossible for Alicia to get ANY women votes for essentially doing the same thing??? Chelsea and Sabrina (two of the women who would be jurors in this scenario) mentioned it several times this past episode that it's "part of the game."

Finally, you must have some inside dope on Kat that I'm not privy to, because I don't know where your seeing that Kat would flip and go against Kim and her coattail riders at F7? Alicia and Christina squandered the best window of opportunity and guaranteed F4 spot for one of them in Ep. 10.

04-22-12, 02:56 PM (EST)
40. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"

Chelsea is not a coat tail rider. I am just repeating myself here, I am aware, but it is NO where in the edit. More than ever she was shown this episode as the co-leader of the Kim/Chelsea alliance. However, the edit has also shown us why she will likely lose against Kim in the FTC.

I have already stated that I agree with michel regarding the non-move at this point in time, mainly because of the threat that Troy is. Chelsea, Kim and Kat are the women's best shot at beating Troy. You don't want to get rid of any of them until he is gone.

However, I will make two points counter to michel's:

1) I agree with Aruba that Alicia or Christina don't lose all the women's votes by turning the tide. In fact, I believe Kim would certainly vote for whoever "outplayed" her. It is possible that Sabrina would too. I think Chelsea's vote is the only one that would certainly be lost.

2) If Troy wins one more IC, then Christina is likely gone. Considering that, Christina should have strongly considered making the move. However, without Alicia she is dead in the water any way.

>

04-22-12, 03:34 PM (EST)
42. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Do you honestly think Troy is a greater threat than Kim? I don't. I feel Kim is a far greater threat because of the numbers she has.

I agree that keeping Kim, Chelsea, Kat, and Sabrina around is the best shot at beating ONE PLAYER. But keeping Troy around is the best shot at beating AN ALLIANCE.

Even if Alicia and Christina flipped and they get down to a F5 with Troy, Tarzan, Leif, Alicia, and Christina, it will STILL be everyone against Troy. No one (and that would include Tarzan and Leif) will want to be sitting next to Troy at FTC. Troy would have to win out. Already we've had our share of lame challenges and my suspicion is we'll probably see more which is why I'm sticking to my claim that a Troy IC run to the end is extremely unlikely.

I'm glad we won't see this because of my dislike for Alicia, but I feel she wins a F3 with Tarzan and Leif. With the eight player remaining I see no F3 scenario where Alicia wins.

04-22-12, 03:27 PM (EST)
41. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
"Now let me see if I understand your logic...you suggest that Kim can still garnish her former alliance mates votes who became jurors after she lied to their faces (because "that's part of the game?")Yet it would be impossible for Alicia to get ANY women votes for essentially doing the same thing??? "

Great question which goes to the heart of jury consideration.

That is indeed what I am suggesting. What you fail to see is the big difference with the way the jury would perceive Christina and Alicia if they had flipped at F9 and Kim if her plan works:

- Alicia and Christina would have voted against their allies when there were still opponents around. I believe that, like Cochran last season, they would simply be giving the game to the 3 guys but, if they made the FTC, they would be roasted mercilessly. The F3 works against them because, in their best case scenario where they both make finals, there will be someone sitting next to them that didn't betray anyone.

- Kim is pagonging the opponents and plans on getting rid of her allies only after they are gone. There can only be 3 finalists so some will have to go AND Kim will be sitting next to two people who made the same moves she did, all equally to blame.

As for inside dope on Kat, I just remember that Chelsea wanted to get rid of her in episode 2 and that Alicia was her best friend out there. Kat could side with Alicia at F7. Maybe not against Kim directly but against Chelsea and Sabrina (who wanted Alicia gone at one point).

04-22-12, 04:23 PM (EST)
44. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"

"Alicia and Christina would have voted against their allies when there were still opponents around."

Well this statement is the main reason why we differ on when Alicia should have made her move...and it comes down to how we each regard "alliance" or "allies." I do agree players voting against their ALLIES when other players are still in a game is ill advised. But now the question begs to be asked...What's your definition of an "alliance" as it pertains to the game of Survivor. I'll give you MY answer.

At this stage of the game the only "allies" I'd consider an alliance for me is one that promises me a F4. If an established F4 is promising me a 5th or 6th place finish at best and I flip and vote against them to put me in a more realisitic F4 position which utimately lands me in the Finals you really think I'd be "roasted mercilessly???"

Well if I am, my honest and calm response to them would be, "Heck, if you promised me a spot in the F4, I would NOT have flipped and I would have given you my undivided loyalty and allegiance right up to the F4."

Now if you truly believe Kim made a F4 pact with Alicia and Christina then I understand and agree with your logic. Obviously I don't believe any pact was made with Alicia and Christina. I believe the F4 is Kim, Chelsea, Kat and Sabrina...therefore I stand by my claim that this is the episode Alicia and Christina should have made their move.

04-22-12, 06:32 PM (EST)
46. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
I am pleased to see that our opinions are getting closer to each other. To answer your question, I will simply transcribe what Kim said in front of everyone at TC: “To me, the fault with all this logic is that everybody is making a lot of assumptions and nobody knows who lies where and who is with who. If it were that simple and if Christina and Alicia were on the bottom, it would be the obvious move but that is not the case.”

There isn't an established F4 at least not one that is known by the other players. Troy assumed there was one but it wasn't that simple.

04-22-12, 07:11 PM (EST)
47. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Point well taken.

The key prepositional phrase in your statement is "in front of everyone at TC." This is vintage Kim and anyone following the season would expect her to make this statement in front of everyone at TC.

But do YOU really think there's not an established F4 depite what Kim wants the others to believe? I don't.

And do YOU really believe no one truly knows where they lie and with who? I don't.

I'm sure last episode there were five players who did not know exactly where they lie. And Troy pointed this out to those five...a concept the feeble-minded simply could not comprehend. As stated in my list, a true blessing for Kim.

04-22-12, 07:28 PM (EST)
49. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
I think Kim has established a Final 4 or at least a Final 5, but she's very good at hiding it from others. And while people like Chelsea may really know where they lie, Kim might be very good at convincing people like say, Christina, that they are in a better position than they really are.

04-22-12, 09:38 PM (EST)
52. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-12 AT 09:39 PM (EST)

I think there are multiple F4 established and I think all the combinations they represent are still possible. A smart player doesn't let anyone hanging.

It's not only this cast and it's not because they are feeble-minded; it's every single player that ever got blindsided. Take Palau: Gregg thought he was solid with Tom until F5. Tom got him out at F6. Tom himself thought he was good with Ian until F3. He found out he wasn't only because he won immunity at F4.

As for not knowing exactly where one stands, that is the beauty of this game. I played 6 times on-line and I never knew exactly where I stood. Twice, I got blindsided by someone I thought was my closest ally. The two games I made it to the end were the ones where I struck first against my closest ally.

(That is a reminder that I have a game starting soon if you want to join, Tuesday is the deadline)

04-22-12, 09:58 PM (EST)
54. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
I'm not buying into the notion if Alicia (or Christina for that matter) gets to the F3 and is sitting with Tarzan and Leif, these two guys get the men's votes solely for being men.

Agree. In most regular seasons of Survivor jury sympathies go usually to those people who were members of their original tribe, given a choice between an original tribemate and one or two of those others they will reward their original tribemate. See Randy Bailey for an exception to this standard.

All star seasons can alter the standard. And in seasons which begin with gender divisions the standard can shift to switch tribes rather than original tribes, as in Amazon. If the gender divisions continue deep in the game, though, as in Vanuatu, something else can happen, spiteful votes. Some women on the jury may vote for a man who makes FTC just out of spite. (That doesn't explain all of the votes Chris got for the win in Vanuatu, but a couple of them.) Men can be idiots, and some men can nurse a grudge for an unreasonably long time, but in a short term assembly of a jury Survivor time period, especially in end-game, spiteful women can be a powerful factor. (I don't mean that as a condemnation of the entire gender, but the casting department is always on the look-out for their Sue Hawks.)

That's why none of these women should want to be sitting next to a man at FTC; it's not how the men vote but also how the women vote.

04-22-12, 06:58 AM (EST)
32. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
Quite possibly the best list ever posted on these Boards. Not so much for the player order but for the THIRD PICTURE!

OOOOOO-LAAAAAAAA-LAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's completely perplexing she's pushing 30 and still single???

Must live in HelenKellers-ville...because all the guys there HAVE to be blind!!!

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-22-12, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 10 Love/Loathe List"
1. Kim (10, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1)
I didn't really want to rank Kim first this week, but there's really no one to root for.

2. Greg (11, 13, 14, 14, 13, 11, 11, 10, 8)
Amazing that he came off as the voice of reason for this episode. The display of emotion during the auction and his confrontation with Troy, which IMO, didn't even make him look like the bad guy, puts him in my #2 spot.

3. Troy (5, 9, 1, 5, 5, 3, 1, 5, 5)
If he really is a fan of the show, he would've seen All-Stars and should've learned from Shii-Ann. He just painted a larger target on his back, and now everyone wants him out, even more so than before.

---- Everyone below this line is essentially a tie. ----

4. Alicia (17, 14, 13, 10, 11, 12, 10, 8, 6)
Alicia, IMO, did the right thing sticking with the women this round. Unfortunately, she also now has less room to maneuver with Kim still holding onto an idol.

5. Christina (3, 7, 8, 8, 12, 4, 8, 7, 7)

6. Kat (12, 15, 12, 9, 10, 7, 5, 6, 3)

7. Chelsea (1, 4, 4, 6, 2, 6, 3, 4, 4)
This is for the confrontation with Troy at the TC. He made sense; she didn't.

8. Sabrina (2, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2, 6, 2, 2)
For some reason, I found her completely annoying.

Out:
Leif (8, 8, 9, 12, 7, 9, 9, 9, 9)
Jay (7, 10, 6, 4, 4, 5, 7, 3)
Michael (6, 6, 10, 7, 6, 10, 4)
Jonas (4, 5, 3, 11, 9, 8)
Colton (15, 16, 11, 13, 8)
Monica (9, 2, 7, 2)
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

04-22-12, 12:19 PM (EST)
36. "My List"

1- Kim: She gives us a shower show, goes around half naked in a towel and people don't think she's entertaining? Tough crowd! People say that Alicia and Christina should have moved against her but I think she has not only them but also Tarzan under her thumb. Troy said it all in his voting confessional

2- Alicia: From her stay on Manono, we know that Alicia thinks a lot about strategy. Of course, that doesn’t mean she is good at it but she has her door open to a good move. Could she gather Tarzan, Christina and Kat and really screw the other women? That is the next chapter of the story.

3- Kat: The auction was Kat Gold. "Get your ass back here" she told Leif (so I can get more airtime, she meant) My favorite moment was when she was surprised to see that her BLT sandwich included bacon (!!) Despite her goofiness, she was the one that laid out the plan to flush a possible idol.

4- Chelsea: Her increased implication in the strategy during these last few episodes could bode well for Chelsea except that it seems more to show that she is the one antagonizing the future jurors. It was subtle when we heard her say she couldn’t look Jay in the eyes but it was evident when she confronted Troy three times during the episode: The morning after council, after the immunity challenge and at Tribal Council. Some will say that Kim's Kemosahbe nickname is a hint that Chelsea will be the Lone Survivor but Chelsea didn't even understand the reference.

5- Sabrina: She got mixed up in pointless fights against Troy. The last one caused Jeff to shake his head in frustration. Maybe her words to Troy about needing to be likable will turn against her because, for the first time, we got an indication that she could have trouble earning enough votes if she made it to the end.

6- Christina: Alicia's dress looks a lot better on her! Seeing Christina wearing it raises an interesting question though: Have these two early rivals made up? No one would have expected it after the episode 1 TC so it would be quite a surprise to everyone.

7- Troyzan: Doesn't he look like the rooster right now? Roosters haven't fared well this season so I expect he will be bar-b-qued very soon. His opening bid at the auction was dumb. I would have loved to see his face if Christina had been smart enough to reply with a $500 bid right there and then.

8- Tarzan: I wonder if his game is really hidden like "the game is afoot" comment suggests. It's very dangerous to keep him around. He acts dumb, he is probably going senile but he has enough smarts left to create chaos.

Booted - Leif: I will have to read his interview to understand his game because it seemed he had no plan whatsoever.

04-22-12, 02:31 PM (EST)
39. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-12 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Kat- Her plan to flush the idol was nothing more than the exact same plan used the last TC. However, her reassuring words for the women were to me the most intriguing lines of the show. She said, "Everyone gets crazy when its everyone against them, but that person never wins."

Is that meant to show she has a steady head, or was that edited in to add drama for a Troyzan comeback, reminding us how big of a long shot he is?

It might have just been intended for the short-term story too, since it was said prior to the IC.

Alicia - We have seen Alicia flop to the men before. So, I think her confessionals this episode were only there to add suspense to the short-term story, i.e. give us a reason to think the TC was going any different than the obvious. The TC still suggested it is Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina at the end.

Christina - Why would she spend all her $500 just to help the women? It would get her no further in the game. Plus, Troy quite possibly wins the challenge anyway. Clearly her and Alicia have made up, evidenced not only by wearing each other's clothes but also by Alicia jumping to her defense when Troy singled her out. She has really made it far in this game considering how it all started for her. Too bad the edit has moved away from her because she seems like a great girl. If Troy wins immunity again, she could be in trouble.

Kim and the shower show- I appreciated it, but she was more covered by the towel than Chelsea, Christina, Kat and Monica all were by their bikinis. She is obviously comfortable with her body though, and that is attractive.

Leif - Oh, and you will get nothing from Leif's post interview. It seems to me that the post interviews this season are the most useless they have ever been. Either they are edited after the fact or the players are so limited in what they can say now that the interviews have all been practically useless. During parts of Leif's interview, his answers don't even seem to have anything to do with the question. It is either highly edited or politico talk.

>

04-22-12, 03:46 PM (EST)
43. "RE: My List"
Kat's plan was the same as Cao Boi long ago so that wasn't the reason for my praise. I liked her quote about the crazy person not winning, found it profound for a Kitty Kat Quote.

"Why would (Christina) spend all her $500 just to help the women?"

I didn't expect her to do it, I would have enjoyed seeing her do it. However, Christina needs to ingratiate herself with that group so, like Jaison sacrificed himself for Foa Foa, Christina would have been embraced. She needs all the help she can get. Tell me what she did with her money anyway? Maybe it was edited out but she seems to have kept it all. That's dumb.

"Clearly her and Alicia have made up, evidenced not only by wearing each other's clothes but also by Alicia jumping to her defense when Troy singled her out"

I think the dress sharing could be a better hint because Alicia's defense was more a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Troy was the immediate enemy so Christina became a friend. Was it only for that moment or is there something brewing between the two? If so, is Tarzan in on it? The editors haven't spelled it out so that intrigues me.

As for Kim and the towel, it's all my imagination. A bikini is tied, a towel can always slip!!

04-22-12, 05:52 PM (EST)
45. "RE: My List"
I have always assumed the players got to keep the auction money given to them that they did not spend during the auction. Although I don't know that as a fact...would anyone on these Boards know for sure?

I agree with Iltarion that Troy quite possibly wins the IC even without the advantage, but I also agree with Michel that Christina should have outbid Troy to get in better graces with the women especially in light of the fact Alicia and her decided not to flip the game at F9.

Pulling a "Jaison" probably still does not get her a F4 deal, but it's possible she may have been able to leapfrop Alicia on Kim's food chain. I'm not sure what the monetary difference is between 5th and 6th place, but I'm guessing it's more than $500 (assuming she's able to keep the money.)

Hey Michel...if you're including me in the "tough crowd," let me be the first to admit the sight of a partially clothed woman could turn my "hard" exterior into a bowl of jelly.. but after being treated to Christina in Alicia's "cover-up" dress, Kim in a towel didn't stand a much of a chance on my entertainment meter.

04-22-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
53. "RE: My List"
Players keep their auction money.
Prize breakdown:
1st $1M
2nd $100 000
3rd $85 000
4th $75 000
5th $65 000
6th #55 000

(A woman in a towel is much more erotic.)

04-23-12, 04:39 AM (EST)
55. "RE: My List"
Thanks for the breakdown.
Whereas half the players this season struggled with math, I'm sure even they know that $15,000 is worth more than $500. HaHa

"(A woman in a towel is much more erotic.)"

Generally speaking not much of a debate from me on that point.
Although we are talking about specific individuals pertaining to their entertainment value or lack of.

I won't speak for ALL men, but I'll speak for this one. You could wrap Christina in a burlap sap; have Kim taking a shower wearing nothing but dental floss and I STILL would find Christina more "erotic" and more "entertaining" to the eye.
But hey, that's just me.

04-23-12, 05:12 AM (EST)
56. "RE: My List"
WHOOPS!

My math is fine...but my reading at 4:30am obviously is not.

I stand corrected... $10,000 is worth more than $500.

04-22-12, 07:27 PM (EST)
48. "RE: My List"
If its Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina as the final three alliance, do Kat and Alicia understand that?

04-22-12, 07:46 PM (EST)
50. "RE: My List"
Good question.

I'll address Alicia first...she OBVIOUSLY doesn't understand it otherwise she would have made the appropriate move with Christina this past episode.

If the F3 truly is Kim, Chelsea, and Sabrina, not only would Kat not undetstand that...I wouldn't either.

Hard to believe Kim and Chelsea would want someone like Sabrina as a finalist who, I think, would be able to handle the Q&A and come off much better than a bubbleheaded Kat. Kat's performance would be comical for the viewers but wouldn't win any votes.

04-23-12, 08:06 AM (EST)
57. "RE: My List"
Guess my next question is, if a Sabrina, or Kat, thinks they may not make final TC, are they willing to alienate potential jurors like Kim and Chelsea by taking the initiative to put them on the jury.

04-23-12, 08:58 AM (EST)
58. "RE: My List"
Like I have been saying, it depends on the timing. If Alicia and Christina had moved at F9 with Troy's plan, they would have angered a lot of people, too many to hope for a win.

If Sab and Kat move with Alicia at F5 then what are Kim and Chelsea to do? Even if they are pissed, they still have to vote for one of the three. However, if a move is made aagainst the Big Three, I believe it would be Kat, Alicia and...Kim!

04-23-12, 06:19 PM (EST)
59. "RE: My List"
It all depends on who they would be sitting next to at FTC.

If either Sabrina or Kat or both are sitting with Kim at FTC, Kim cleans their clocks. If Sabrina and Kat sit with Chelsea, then Chelsea probably wins. But anyone other than Kim or Chelsea gives them a realistic shot. So yes, Sabrina and Kat still have time and it was not essential for THEM to flip at this past TC.

The task is more daunting for Christina and/or Alicia. Any one of Kim's F4 (Kim, Chelsea, Kat, Sabrina) probably gets more votes than Christina and/or Alicia. The only chance I saw Christina or Alicia winning is if either is sitting between Tarzan and Leif in the Finals. But now that's not possible which is why Michel and I disagree that this past episode was the best opportunity for either to WIN.

Yes, I know neither would win against Troy, but he's just ONE player. It's still possible either Alicia or Christina may somehow sneak into the Finals depending on who wins ICs or who has HIIs and how they are played. But even so, with the remaining players left I see no scenario for an Alicia or Christina win after they squandered their opportunity last TC.

04-23-12, 09:04 PM (EST)
60. "RE: My List"

I have been wrong before, but the edit has been pretty consistent with Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina in the Finals. They are the only F3 that we've heard Kim discuss. All three have had a consistent voice, and we've already seen why all 3 might win or lose.

Kim doesn't need to take a goat. She can beat Chelsea and Sabrina at FTC. Sabrina has not connected well with the men while Chelsea is too competitive to get the women's vote. Chel would likely get Leif and Michael's votes, perhaps, but she has had issues with Tarzan and Troy and Jay have both given Kim more credit than her.

Kim is a smart girl. If she thinks Chelsea or Sabrina can actually beat her, I'm sure she'll jettison either for Alicia or Kat, but I don't see that happening.

For another thing, Chelsea is the best challenge performer among them. Kim probably feels that Chelsea would take Kim to the end. So, smarter to keep Chel around. If either of them win the last IC, Kim is in the Finals. She has to like those odds.

Whereas, if she boots Chel and keeps Alicia, for example, Alicia would gladly boot Kim if she managed to pull off the FIC. So, better to keep Chel and hope to clean her clock in the FTC.

>

04-24-12, 05:31 AM (EST)
61. "RE: My List"
Your F3 scenario is very possible. Actually any combination of Kim, Chelsea, Kat, Sabrina is probable. Although I still believe Sabrina makes the Finals if she wins the final IC. If Kim gets to choose the third person to round out the Finals it'll be Kat, or perhaps either Alicia or Christina because neither of these girls can win with Tarzan being the only one either could beat right now.

I also agree that Kim does not need a goat; but it wouldn't hurt. From what we've heard with the parting words from booted players it appears they are giving props to Kim, but Kim hasn't heard that and doesn't really know that for sure. It is understandable she may be feeling a little uneasy that all her lying might come back to bite her.

The only remaining player who can beat Kim is Troy and he's gonzo this episode, so all in all it's Kim's game to lose.

04-25-12, 01:16 AM (EST)
62. "Tallies"
Kim - 7|1.4
Troy "Troyzan" - 16|3.2
Chelsea - 20|4
Kat - 25|5
Christina - 27|5.4
Sabrina - 27|5.4
Alicia - 28|5.6
Greg "Tarzan" - 30|6

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •