The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-12, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
I fear to say the second half of this season will probably be as predictable as getting spam in your inbox. Troy is the only wild card I see to challenge the inevitable. If/when Troy is ousted, we'll have one of your more lackluster finishes. Although I did enjoy this episode.

1) TROY (5,4,2,2,2,2) - DUH, could there be anyone else? Can't remember the last time a castaway dominated an episode as Troy did. Came up with the merged tribe's name. Partnered with Christina to win RC. Found the HII. And caps off a stellar performance by winning the IC. Giving Jonas the heads-up that he was at risk pretty much guarantees him Jonas' vote should he make the Finals. Only realistic chance of a male winner this season.

2) KIM (9,5,4,7,1,1) - Got a kick out of the scene with her laying on the boat while the others are debating who to vote out at TC. She didn't have to say a word but you can pratically read her mind thinking, "Heck, as long as it's a guy, and the women have the advantage at 11, I could care less who goes." I don't know about anyone else, but when Jeff held up that "secret" note at RC, I was 99.99999% sure it had something to do with a HII. This would have given any one of the RC losers a great opportunity to go on a scavenger hunt while the winners were feasting on pizza and beer. I'm surprised Kim did not pick up on that. Sure she already has a HII, but two would be better...unless you're James of course; but Kim's no James. Whereas James has more clevage, Kim has a much better head on her shoulders.

BIG DROP OFF AFTER THE FIRST TWO...

3) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9,5) - Talk about a resurrection! She goes from being a prime target on TWO different tribes to out of immediate harm's way at the merge. A definite beneficiary from the "beauty of a merge," so luck was on her side. She moves up for her solid performance helping solve the puzzle at RC.

4) SABRINA (1,1,1,1,4,3) - Even though her big 'ole butt caused a sizable lead to evaporate, it didn't cost her team a victory and I'm still liking her. An II is all that's keepong her from being a favorite to win. But I gotta ask ya sista...What's the deal with the new doo at TC?!

5) JAY (3,7,3,3,4,4) - Big and dumb...but likable. So was Forest Gump; but Gump had Lieutenant Dan and Jenny who was loyal to him in the end. Jay should be so lucky. Simply put, he's gonna get played like a finely tuned instrument. Yet with all the time Michael has been spending with Chelsea, when it came time to talk strategy, it was Jay and Chelsea who went off together.

6) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5,7) - She lobbied to get Tarzan's "crusty old a$$" out of the game. But after all was said and done, Tarzan gets a grand total of ZERO votes. Shows how much pull Chelsea has; not that one would anticipate a tag-along to have that much influence in the game anyway. But heck, a potential tag-along prize of 100K ain't hard to take for 39 days of "work," as others before her can attest to. Although what Chelsea has going for her is she's a whole lot nicer than Katie (Palau) and a heck of a lot better to look at than Clay (Thailand).

7) KAT (12,14,12,11,12,10) - Always seems fortunate to find herself in the right group. When you're as cute as a button and as dumb as a doornail, sometimes that's all it takes. "What did I do?," she asks at TC. No Kat, it's what you DON'T do...like pull your weight around camp. A fact I was challenged on a couple weeks ago, yet was confirmed this episode. Let's hope that's one issue we can now put to rest. Nice showing in IC; actually I though she had it in the bag, but Kat will be Kat.

8) MICHAEL (7,11,9,9,8,9) - This guy's dead meat. He's fodder for an Anti-Darwin boot. He doesn't have an alliance to speak of. And it's blantantly obvious the men will be getting picked off one by one. Among the biggest disappointments for this season.

9) GREG (11,12,15,14,13,11) - He should be last for no other reason than letting his "dirt"-stained banana-hanger violate Chelsea's short-shorts. But I do credit him with having the right idea of trying to get the men together fearing the women were going to do the same, although I criticize his approach. He should have pitched the idea to Troy instead of Michael, and I'm still not getting his insistance to trust Alicia. And his indecisiveness...I hate Jonas...Now I love Jonas to the point of bringing me to tears...No, wait a minute, I hate him again and want to vote him out. Yep, this is the kind of "Ship's Captain" I want leaning over me if I'm ever on an operating table!

10) LEIF (4,3,7,6,11,8) - The goat of the IC, but I won't put all the blame on him. It was a team blunder that no one figured out the first to go needs to dig a large enough hole for the others to go through. Not that I would expect Michael, Greg, or Chelsea to figure it out, but am surprised Jonas or Kim couldn't put two and two together. Reason I drop him is because he's so far out of the loop he may as well play the rest of the game in Happy Gilmore's "Happy Place" where he can ride a fake pony with the other dwarfs and get to see hotties like Chelsea and Christina walk out in garter belts carrying pitchers of beer.

(Hope this works, I'm not great with this technical stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5JZKWdzAaU

11) ALICIA (16,16,12,12,7,12) - Still belly-aching about Colton's HII that Jonas deserves more than her. Sure Christina benefited from Colton's medivac and the merge, but if Manono still had to vote someone out at TC last week it would have been YOUR skanky butt walking out of the game. So count YOUR blessings as well. Hey, if you're still looking for a "guy to play," Tarzan seems like a good candidate. For some delusional reason he seems to like you, and after he's been played, his briefs would probably fit you should he leave them behind.

BOOTED) JONAS (13,6,5,8,10,6) - So our season's marshmallow does have some fire in his belly. Unfortunately for Jonas it was too little too late and the marshmallow got toasted. His confrontations and battles with Greg all but assures a female winner this season. Can't blame him for playing the "Provider" card. Hey, in the earlier seasons when Survivor truly lived up to its name (before it evolved into a Big Brother on an island or in a jungle) being a provider got you deep in the game. But now when players can feast on ice cream and pizza & beer every three days, it's no longer a vital role that can keep you around longer. Bottomline, Jonas is a genuinely nice guy who was not cut out for Survivor.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... dabo 03-30-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 03-30-12 2
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... CSHS79 03-30-12 3
   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 03-30-12 4
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... SpotTheDiffference 03-30-12 5
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... jasonkola 03-31-12 6
   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... iltarion 03-31-12 9
       RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... michel 04-01-12 10
           RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... iltarion 04-01-12 11
       RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 04-02-12 18
           RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... iltarion 04-02-12 19
               RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 04-03-12 23
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... michel 03-31-12 7
   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 03-31-12 8
       RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... garyc 04-01-12 12
           RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... iltarion 04-01-12 13
               RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... michel 04-02-12 15
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... dabo 04-02-12 14
   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... michel 04-02-12 16
       RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 04-02-12 17
           RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... iltarion 04-02-12 20
           RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... michel 04-02-12 21
               RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... dabo 04-03-12 22
                   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 04-03-12 24
 Tallies dabo 04-03-12 25
 Queen's Barge dabo 04-03-12 26
   RE: Queen's Barge Aruba 04-03-12 27
       RE: Queen's Barge michel 04-03-12 30
           RE: Queen's Barge Aruba 04-04-12 31
               RE: Queen's Barge michel 04-04-12 32
                   RE: Queen's Barge Aruba 04-04-12 33
                       RE: Queen's Barge michel 04-04-12 34
                           RE: Queen's Barge Aruba 04-04-12 35
                               RE: Queen's Barge dabo 04-04-12 36
                               RE: Queen's Barge michel 04-04-12 37
                                   RE: Queen's Barge iltarion 04-04-12 38
                                       RE: Queen's Barge dabo 04-05-12 39
 RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... Aruba 04-03-12 28
   RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe ... dabo 04-03-12 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-12, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
FYI, the link works.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-30-12, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Thanks dabo.

I should have mentioned only the first 15 seconds applies to my ranking on Leif...you can kill the video after that.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-30-12, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
I'm wondering if Greg/Tarzan is truly that loathesome or could it be his strategy? After all, Jonas was probably voted out because he was considered smart as well as likable and who wants to go against someone likeable at the end.
On the other hand, no one seems to like Tarzan. As long as he stays unlikaable, the others could consider him someone good to have beside them at the end.
Then at the Final Tribal Council, Tarzan, in his opening remarks, could apologize to everyone for his loathesome behavior. But he could further point out that it was that very behavior that got him to the end and after all isn't Survivor all about Outwit, Outlast and Outplay? A very good strategy wouldn't you agree????

03-30-12, 11:36 AM (EST)
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
I believe Greg has serious social issues (even he preluded to at TC this past episode.) Many players have backtracked and, as a meager attempt at self-preservation, tried to convince the others that what they saw was not really them. They have used the strategy angle and for the fans blamed editing for how they were portrayed.

Yes it is a viable strategy one can employ. The question is would most believe you? Historically the answer is no. In S6 Amazon Matt tried to play that angle but no one bought it and he got smoked in the Finals 6-1. Even on the Reunion Show for that season he stated again his psychopath behavior was just an "act." Yet everyone on the stage laughed and one even flat out responded he wasn't buying it.

Sitting next to a "perfect goat" has been successful for a few million dollar winners. It works better when there's a F2. Although not official, with Jonas being named the first juror, all indications suggest a F3 with a jury of nine. So the "perfect goat" strategy becomes a bit more trickier when part of a F3.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-30-12, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
1. Troy (5, 9, 1, 5, 5, 3)
I think we can reduce the number of potential winners down to two, possibly three. Troy remains to be the only guy with a decent shot at winning, but I think his game now largely depends on how Kim, Sabrina, and Chelsea vote next episode. He now has the HII, but even that can only save him in one TC. Still, good performance in both challenges, and appears well-liked by both original tribes.

2. Kim (10, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1)
I think it’s safe to say that Kim is going to make the end-game. She remains in the center of a number of potential alliances and has an HII as a just-in-case. She and Chelsea should play a crucial role in how the season will progress.

3. Chelsea (1, 4, 4, 6, 2, 6)

4. Michael (6, 6, 10, 7, 6, 10)
The guy doesn’t have an alliance (at least not one that’s visible to us), but he’s already destroyed two, and I think that deserves a mention.

5. Kat (12, 15, 12, 9, 10, 7)
For someone who’s been labeled as “weak”, she sure did well in both challenges this episode.

6. Sabrina (2, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2)

7. Jay (7, 10, 6, 4, 4, 5)

8. Christina (3, 7, 8, 8, 12, 4)
Moves here by default. She did get a new lease in life with the merge, and she can now try playing under the radar, at least until one solid alliance emerges.

9. Leif (8, 8, 9, 12, 7, 9)
I think Kim’s best move right now is to get rid of another NuManono member, and Leif should fit that bill quite well.

10. Alicia (17, 14, 13, 10, 11, 12)
There’s very little reason to move her up.

11. Greg (11, 13, 14, 14, 13, 11)
He’s Phillip part deux, down to the disgusting underwear.

Out:
Jonas (4, 5, 3, 11, 9, 8) – Jonas did not handle the Greg situation well, and it eventually led to his demise. He knew that Greg was a loose cannon, and he should have known that a little finesse would have gone a long way with dealing with Greg.

Colton (15, 16, 11, 13, 8)
Monica (9, 2, 7, 2)
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-12, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
1. Troy I like Troy and he had a great episode. I did not think he would win the IC. But at age 50 he proved to have steadier hands than the young people and he kicked but with that puzzle as well. Vary impressive.

2. Chelsea I like her choices who to vote off better than Kim or Jay. I think it was dumb to target Jonas, the camp cook and fisherman. He really was not that much a threat. Plus she is nice to look at.

3. Kim I wanted to move Kim down the list further but I could not think of anyone to put above her. Her remark at TC that "the beauty in the merge is that Tarzan is valuable" rubbed me the wrong way. I am sure she was referring to him as the goat. I also do not like that she could have supported Chelsea about Tarzan but it still ended up being Jonas, a stupid choice.

4. Christina I Have always liked Christina. Unfortunately she made few friends. She is sitting in a much better position at the merge. She can now fly under the radar for a while as there is bigger fish to fry.

5. Micheal Micheal seems to have a knack for stirring up mischief. He has been under the radar most of the game but is now showing signs of life. He is showing that even though he is on the outs if he can cause some controversy he can divert the attention away from himself.

6. Sabrina She is positioned well within her girl Alliance.

7. Kat This girl is not the brightest light bulb but she is in a solid alliance.

8. Leif This guy is out of the loop but I think he is a good guy and he gives it his all at the challenges. If he had one strategic bone in his body he would be higher on my list.

9. Jay It was Jays idea to target Jonas. Did he not even think one second that it would put the guys down in numbers. Plus Jonas was the camp cook and fisherman. What a poor choice. He even had the opportunity to change the target to Tarzan and still pushed for Jonas, Not a smart choice.

10. Alicia I really do not care much for her.

11. Greg I am not sure if Greg is playing the Philip role on purpose or if he really is that abrasive dirty old man. If he is playing the role to be the goat to take to the end I will give him props. But I suspect he is really that way so he is at the bottom of my list.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-12, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"

The Beauty of the Merge

Pretty good episode with an unfortunate boot. I like how they are spreading the edit around.

1. CHELSEA - Honestly, I was going to drop her if she had another quiet episode, but this was a rebound instead, with multiple confessionals and a constant voice (and body) in the proceedings. If Troy wasn't the star of the episode, then Chelsea's backside certainly was. She was less the loyal soldier in this episode and much more the active player while Kim sat back and let things fall where they may. She earned more points from me by wanting to keep Jonas. Strategically you could argue it either way. Ultimately, I believe Jay and Troy made the call, and Chelsea wisely went with it. By voicing her support at TC, Chelsea may have made a play for Jonas' vote. Still think Kim wins a vote against Chelsea hands down? Then why does Kim seem to want to keep the goat??

2. KIM - Her and Chelsea are running the show. In one of his interviews, Jonas said Kim was calling the shots. In another, he said her and Chelsea BOTH were. Regardless, Jonas always mentioned both of them together, calling them "Chelsea and Kim." Her admission that it didn't really matter who went home as long as it was a guy means the vote was likely not her decision. Frankly, she continues to bore me, and she was part of the half tribe that decided having Leif dig the hole in the challenge was a good idea. Regardless, the fact that the camera stays on her even when she has nothing to say highlights how important she is.

3. TROY - In his blog, Rob C said Troy had the best episode of any player in recent history. True enough with his challenge wins and the finding of the HII. He also remains the most entertaining member of the cast, and he is really the only wildcard in the way of Kim and Chelsea's march to the FTC. However, I believe he and Jay made a big mistake in getting rid of Jonas. If they had to go after a man, it should have been Michael, who was never in their alliance. By axing Jonas, they eliminated their options down to one- Salani. This is in sharp contrast to Chelsea and Kim, who are keeping both options open.

4. Jay - It was Jay who was shown keeping the Salani alliance on track by advising them to stick with the plan rather than changing their vote to Tarzan. I believe by doing this, he played right into the women's hands. However, unlike the Arubaba, who seems convinced this is destined for the battle of the sexes, I am not so easily convinced. As soon as Jonas was voted off, I suggested that Salani should take advantage of their now 7-4 advantage by going after Michael. Going after him, though it may alarm Troy and Jay, would make perfect sense without necessarily heralding a return of the woman's alliance. As I said with Troy, Jay should have targeted Michael this episode and left open the option of the men's alliance as leverage. Now, he is completely at the mercy of whatever alliance Kim and Chelsea decide to go with.

5. Sabrina - She is still an entertaining voice and perhaps the most likable member of the cast. Unfortunately, whether Kim and Chelsea go with the guys, go with the women, or take goats to the FTC, none of those options likely get her to the FTC.

6. Christina - She should be able to skate for another episode or two, but her edit disappeared this episode, which just reinforces the notion that she is not important to the ending.

7. Kat - She could win an immunity or two. In a season with at least 3 goats, she is the first and least of them.

8. Michael - He skated by the first postmerge vote thanks to a momentarily solidified Salani, but now that Salani has an overwhelming majority, he will likely be the target of both sides.

9. Lief - Is the next guy on the Salani hit list if they don't change the plan, as Jay counseled against, and go after Michael. Why? I don't know. He certainly is no threat to anyone.

10. Alicia - The 2nd of three goats. A FTC with Kat and Tarzan is her only shot. Otherwise, the game is already over for her. So, speaking of dead weight... Unfortunately, the dead weight isn't going anywhere.

11. Greg - He is Phillip minus the comedy and the race card. I don't see a similar trip though in the edit. Phillip hitched his ride to the most powerful player in the game. Greg has done no such thing.

Our Jury

JONAS - The entertainment value of the season is definitely reduced without our sushi chef to add levity. I believe Jay and Troy specifically wanted him gone because he knew they had made a new alliance with Chelsea and Kim. Big mistake. Both should have kept that option open for leverage against the women, if nothing else. He admits now he should have played a more aggressive game, but we all are what we are. A man has to know his limitations.

>

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-12, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
"By voicing her support at TC, Chelsea may have made a play for Jonas' vote. Still think Kim wins a vote against Chelsea hands down?"

Certainly:

Reality TV World: So when you said earlier that you thought Chelsea and Kim were running things, it really sounds like it was more Kim than Chelsea, right?

Jonas Otsuji: For sure, for sure.

04-01-12, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"

Kim running things gives Chelsea cover for her vote for Jonas, and it still doesn't change the fact that nearly every time Jonas mentioned Kim, he mentioned Chelsea, like they were clearly a couple in his mind.

We have seen Chelsea snuggle up to both Michael and Jay. We have not seen Kim do likewise. It certainly is no given that Kim would beat Chelsea, though I do imagine Kim would get more female votes. An F3 of all women would be best for Chelsea. That puts 6 guys on the jury.

>

04-02-12, 07:57 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
You bet Chelsea was active. And why not...if someone's putting their poop on my clothes I'd be pretty darn active too. I would have moved Chelsea up if I felt her motive by driven by strategy, but what I saw was a proactive decision made by emotion...and for very good reason.

I feel see wanted Tarzan gone more than wanting to keep Jonas. Ultimately Jonas cooked his own goose thanks to his blowup with Tarzan. One of these two guys were going to go and Tarzan being a dream "goat" the consensus was Jonas...except for those with an axe to grind for Tarzan.

04-02-12, 10:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"

She led a discussion that considered keeping Jonas. An emotional decision would be - "I like Jonas therefore we should keep him." That wasn't her argument.

She proposed they keep Jonas because he was a provider, likable, and brought positive energy. It is a similar idea to the "keep the deserving" strategy that we've seen multiple times before.

For Chelsea, it is actually quite smart. Target the goats. Get rid of them. The last thing she needs is Kim deciding to take some goats to the finals instead of her. There are 3 goats in the game; so, you better start sooner rather than later.

Based off Jonas' interviews, I really think Jay and Troyzan wanted Jonas gone. As a former tight alliancemate with both of them, they couldn't hide from him that they had a new alliance. With Jonas in the know, he was the most dangerous player in the game for them.

However, as I said, it would have been an even better strategy to pretend to maintain the alliance with Jonas. it would have kept their options open if the women turned on them.

>

04-03-12, 06:29 AM (EST)
23. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
I'm still walking away totally believing Chelsea was more anti-Tarzan than she was pro-Jonas in this past episode. And trying to pitch a Tarzan boot wasn't about eliminating goat possibilities as it was eliminating his poop. I think there's WAAAAY too much analyzing going on here...but hey, whatever keeps Chelsea in the game works for me.

Instead of Chelsea concerning herself with goats, she better be concerning herself with the one player who'll clean her clock in the finals. It would take a host of blunders and self-destruction decisions on Kim's behave for the remainder of this game to change that potential outcome.

Stephen was concerned about JT sitting next to goats in the Finals...why? So he could "win" second place and get smoked 7-0 in the Finals???

03-31-12, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-12 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

I'll get back to a regular format even if the one I used last week caused a lot of reactions. 66 posts in a Fanatics thread is rare these days.

1- Troyzan (3,4,5,3,3,16): If this turns out to be his island, I will applaud. Imagine that: Me and Aruba, we'd be almost equally happy to see either Troyzan or Kim win! Unprecedented! I have to note that Troyzan used the coat-tail rider strategy for this vote: "My old Salani who, basically, have been straightforward with me, whatever they decide to do, that’s basically what I am going to do.”
He can't win that way so hopefully he makes a move on his own.

2- Kim (1,1,1,1,1,1): I have to ask: How did you react when you saw this pose?

Is Kim simply shown as being in control of the game or is she too relaxed and will soon become deadweight? She has all the options in hand but will she be able to handle the lies and secrets needed to get to the end.

Then again, we have this picture:

Is Kim the super hero??!! She is wearing the cape!!

3- Chelsea (2,5,4,2,3,5): Her opinions dominated the episode. She told us about the options, what she would want and how things could develop but, in the end, it didn't go exactly her way. She feared that a Manono would get the idol and now a Manono does have that idol. Did sleeping beauty even look for the idol?

4- Kat (7,6,3,5,8,8): How amusing; after nearly being voted out because of a poor challenge performance, she almost won the first individual challenge! I will crack up if she wins a key challenge somewhere down the road. Being so annoying and useless makes her a great goat but what if she drags the others to the end?!!

5- Sabrina (5,3,2,4,2,2): She tells us about events around her but she seems to miss that there is a game being played right there under her nose. Does she know that she isn't Kim's closest ally?

6- Michael(10,8,8,7,9,15): I am enjoying the trouble-maker role he has found for himself. After subtly throwing Leif under the bus to Colton, this time he put Jonas and Tarzan on a collision course and all he had to say was: "He (Tarzan) should have filled you in on the plan".

7- Jay (4,2,7,5,12,12): Even if he hates Tarzan, Leif and all the other deadweight, he still has to play a social game. A tea spoon of coffee could cost him the million dollars! How dumb!

8- Alicia (12,7,9,8,10,6): Colton's evacuation left her with no other options then to go back to the women. Now, Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina could sacrifice her to reinforce the trust that Jay and Troyzan have given them.

9- Christina (8,9,10,13,13,9): If the merged smiled to someone, it was Christina but we didn't even see her.

10- Leif (9,12,12, 13, 11, 11): First, he slept in a coffin, next he gets buried alive, stuck in a sand hole! Poor sand pooping Leif, no one wants to play with him.

11- Tarzan (11,13,13,14,14,12): The mercurial situation that developed from the merge could send him to the F3. Old coots with dirty underwear seem to make it there automatically. I guess it really depends on how you look at the beauty of the merge!

Booted - Jonas (6,10,11,11,4,4): I don't know if anyone heard Jay saying that he thought Jonas could pull it out because of his Chef's skills? Jay was talking about the IC but it made me laugh because some people thought Jonas could win it all because of his outdoors skills. He still needed a few lessons from Colton or, better yet, from a real Survivor player like Earl.

PS. Iltarion, yes, Cirie was voted out 4th in HvV but it took Tom's idol and a very big move by JT to get it done. Two of the best winners ever had to team up AND find an idol to get her out and they probably still don't pull it off if Amanda wasn't so dumb. Proves my point about Cirie's brilliance, I'd say!

03-31-12, 03:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Nice list...always enjoy reading your contributions. You are right...I don't believe we ever agreed on the top two castaways at this point of the season before. Although they are, without question, head and shoulders above the rest right now.

"whatever they decide to do, that’s basically what I am going to do.” He can't win that way so hopefully he makes a move on his own."

Interestingly that's exactly how Sandra "won" Pearl Islands. Although Troy is no Sandra, so your point is well-taken. Actually during the first half of a season I'm really not against going with the flow. But we are at a point in the season where a player does need to initiate power moves to win.

"I have to ask: How did you react when you saw this pose?"

>

My reaction was stated in my list and ranking of Kim. As long as a man goes and the women have the advantage at 11, it was OK with her. So (similiar to what you noted above) whatever the majority wants, that's how she's going to go. You don't need to orchestrate EVERY boot; sometimes it's a smart play to just sit (or lay) back and go with the majority so long as it doesn't contradict your strategy.

"Is Kim the super hero??!! She is wearing the cape!!"

You know my feelings about "symbolism" and "inner meanings" but isn't she wearing a BLACK cape? Didn't the super villian Darth Vader wear a black cape??? HaHa...had to hit you with that one!

PS: GEEEEZ, I thought the funky hair was just for TC. If Sabrina keeps that doo for the rest of the game, I'll have to drop her. LOL

"Chelsea...Did sleeping beauty even look for the idol?"

HMMMM, I may have to cut her (and the rest of the RC winners) some slack on this one. To wake up BEFORE 4:00am and beat Troy to the HII is alot to ask...even if you're not "sleeping beauty." I would criticize the RC losers more for not anticipating the "secret note" was about a HII and to not go looking for it while the winners were eating their pizza and drinking their beer.

"Jay...A tea spoon of coffee could cost him the million dollars! How dumb!"

Great call! I completely forgot about that when I was compiling my list. Had I remembered I probably would have ranked Jay lower. But I guess I did account for that with my "big and dumb" comment.

"PS. Iltarion, yes, Cirie was voted out 4th in HvV but it took Tom's idol and a very big move by JT to get it done. Two of the best winners ever had to team up AND find an idol to get her out and they probably still don't pull it off if Amanda wasn't so dumb. Proves my point about Cirie's brilliance, I'd say!

Oh Brother...If I get going on responding to Cirie's "brillance" we make eclipse the 66 posts on last week's thread. I'll leave the response to Iltarion...he's more than capable of setting you straight on this one.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-12, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
1) Chelsea in her bathing suit. The end.

04-01-12, 11:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"

I like where your head is at.

>

04-02-12, 07:51 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Yep! No one can argue with that list!

04-02-12, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
1. Kim (1). Sitting on top of this game for the moment, so still on top of this list.

2. Troy "Troyzan" (2). Moved into a much better position this week finding the HII. Not in as good a position as Kim, since the women now outnumber the men, but the Manono were ultimately dysfunctional so it was smart to dump the men reunite idea.

3. Chelsea (8). Lot of attention this week, and as Kim's apparent wingman she's in a great spot.

4. Jay (7). Troy's wingman, 'nuff said.

5. Sabrina (4).

6. Kat (6).

7. Christina (9). Saved by the merge, back in the backgorund.

8. Leif (5).

9. Michael (11). Got some attention this week, showing a knack for gathering and disseminating information to keep other targets in front of him.

10. Alicia (12). Still don't find anything to like about her but she wisely did not push things this last episode, went into the background and took stock of her situation it seems.

11. Greg "Tarzan" (10). At first it seemed like he had a clue, but then he proceeded to do everything wrong he possibly could. Tearing down Jonas at TC was not necessary.

Good-bye, Jonas (3). Next time don't play such a wishy-washy game.

04-02-12, 07:53 AM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Actually, Troyzan has been Jay's wingman.

04-02-12, 07:39 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
I'm having a tough time seeing either of these guys as the other's "wingman." At this stage of the game there's no solid partnership or two-man alliance between Troy and Jay...certainly like what we saw with Brian/Clay in Thailand and JT/Stepen in Tocantins where the "wingman" term would apply.

Troy and Jay have been together in One World purely by circumstance. With the season starting men vs. women they were obviously together. Then at tribal switch they randonmly squashed orange eggs. And after the merge they were the only two men on the winning RC team.

If there was ANY allegiance between these guys, Troy would not have hesitated to let Jay in on the HII he found...which he did not.

04-02-12, 10:23 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"

Troy was originally part of the Misfits. Jay was not.

Good point that the "wingman" analogy does not apply until Troy shares his HII.

>

04-02-12, 11:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
You are right in saying that Troy and Jay a close pair but i wanted to point out that Troy has been the follower up to now. Jay and Kim brought him in the alliance, Jay targeted Jonas while Troy simply wanted to go along with what was decided.

04-03-12, 00:01 AM (EST)
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Troy is always on the game in confessionals, game on, whereas Jay is a mixed bag of both game and color commentary.

04-03-12, 06:38 AM (EST)
24. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Yes, Troy has had his head in the game right from the getgo. Problem is he's fighting the greastest divide in Reality Show history. Granted he doesn't act (or look) like a 50-year old, but he IS 50. Simply put, younger castaways could get away with more proactive gameplay than a 50+ player can.

Given those facts, it's a smart play for him to not rock the boat but still be a strong player, i.e., challenges and finding the HII, to put himself in good position for the second half of the game.

04-03-12, 01:27 PM (EST)
25. "Tallies"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-12 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

Troy "Troyzan" - 9|1.5
Kim - 12|2
Chelsea - 18|3
Sabrina - 31|5.166...
Jay - 36|6
Kat - 36|6
Christina - 37|6.166...
Michael - 40|6.666...
Leif - 54|9
Alicia - 59|9.833...
Greg "Tarzan" - 64|10.666...

04-03-12, 01:55 PM (EST)
26. "Queen's Barge"
Got a kick out of the scene with her laying on the boat while the others are debating who to vote out at TC.

Can't really decide but that seemed like some creative editing to me. In that scene we have Michael, Chelsea, Jay, Kim and Kat, plus it looked like Alicia wandered by in the background. Kim's head was over the water, so a different time than:

Thing is, there doesn't seem to be a lot of comfortable seating where the boat is moored, yet Chelsea, Jay and Kat are seated (can't tell about Mike).

If Kim really is spending a lot of time isolating herself on the barge, letting others come to her as the editing suggests (really, we only saw Alicia do that), tactically it could come back to bite her in the butt.

04-03-12, 06:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Queen's Barge"

"If Kim really is spending a lot of time isolating herself on the barge, letting others come to her as the editing suggests (really, we only saw Alicia do that), tactically it could come back to bite her in the butt."

Good observation, and it could. But my thinking is as long as challenge threat players remain in the game, the focus is off Kim. Troy, Micahel, Jay, and Sabrini will all have larger targets on them to be Anti-Darwined out of the game before Kim for this very reason.

04-03-12, 10:21 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Queen's Barge"
The main reason why Troy, Michael and Jay are at risk is because they decided to give up immunity. Being voted out because you are too stupid to Survive actually follows Darwin's law, it doesn't go against it!

04-04-12, 07:24 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Queen's Barge"
Bill would have alligned with the women...no questions about it. Had Salani went to that TC, Christina probably gets booted and the dynamics of the core women alliance remains unaffected. The three men you mentioned would still be at risk even with Bill in the game and Christina out.

04-04-12, 07:38 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Queen's Barge"
Big assumption there regarding Bill since he did go along with the men's stupid idea. I see 7 Men against 5 women if they don't act so stupidly.

04-04-12, 01:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Queen's Barge"
Male solidarity had nothing to do with Manono going to TC. Each thought someone else was at risk. Anyone continuing to harp on their decision to go to TC is still drinking from EPMB kool-aid.

Tribal switch immediately after that TC minimized the effect GREATLY. There are several reasons the men are at risk...all of which rank higher than that TC.

1) Minutes into the game separating the tribes by gender with Colton in the cast IMMEDIATELY put the men behind 8 - 10.

2) Production's decision forcing the finder of the HII to give it to the other tribe (ultimately in Colton's lap) fragmented Manono.

3) Finally the blowup between Jonas and Tarzan prevented even the slightest of chance for unity among the men.

Right from the word go you got the feeling this would not be a season for the men. I agree the inevitable is compounded by the fact some are a 60+ irratating old goat, a clueless zombie dwarf, an all-muscle, no-brains, and an immature gay racist. It's a shame for the guys who aren't any of those, but sometimes that's just the way the casting goes.

04-04-12, 05:36 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Queen's Barge"
But you are missing my point: If Bill was ready to go with the majority in deciding to give up immunity then it follows that he would have gone with the majority if the men had been up 7-5 at the merge. To say he'd flip is preposterous from what we knew of him.
If the men had gone up 8-6, like they were supposed to, the tribal switch may have given them a majority on both tribes.

As for your new "arguments"
1) The one time Colton had a choice, he booted a woman. To say he was one of them is refusing to face the facts.

2) Your strong guys fragmented Manono before Colton had the HII. AND Troyzan was the one on the divinding line that ultimately chose to vote against Michael and Jay so at least he doesn't deserve to say his elimination would be anti-Darwinism.

3) That happened much later. Jonas told us in interviews that, as soon as they merged, he knew Troyzan and Jay were with the women. He knew he wasn't in an alliance with them anymore. So Troyzan and Jay have only themselves to blame if the women stay together.

Anyway, when you talk of Anti-Darwinism you are acting as if the guys with the most muscles should be given a free pass to the F4 because no one should be allowed to vote them out. Survivor does't work that way and neither does survival. Brains matter more.

04-04-12, 06:14 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Queen's Barge"
I'm not only talking about "muscles." Winning challenges does not ALWAYS rely on muscle...Troy proved that with his IC win last week. Finding the HII is not all about muscles either as we saw with Kim and Troy. But survival shouldn't only be about social butterflies fluttering their wings.

There's NO way Bill and Colton could have coexisted in the same time zone nevermind the same beach without causing further serious fragmentation in the Manono tribe. And that's exactly what would have happened had Manono not voted out Bill.

The tribal switch was random, so you're assuming a perfect 4-3 man advantage on both new tribes if the men were up 8-6? Talk about "preposterous."

1) The "one time chance" you mention with Colton was all about Anti-Darwin. On the pathetically weak NuManono tribe Monica was the strongest competitor. It wasn't so much about gender as it was booting the strongest (which happened to be a woman.) In a merge where the strongest few would be men, he would have definitely jumped ship to the woman's side to Anti-Darwin a strong man.

2) Manono was fragmented before Colton was gifted the HII??? If Colton didn't have the HII all eight votes would have been against Colton at Manono's first TC. We obviously have different definitions for "fragmented."

3) OH BROTHER, here we go again with post-game interviews...AFTER they have seen the episodes on TV. LOL Jonas messed up and he knew it. Easiest way to save face is to take what we all know AFTER the fact and incorporate it to justify your decisions and statements. If Jonas concentrated his efforts in recruiting Christina with the guys (which would have been a realistic lure) instead of blowing up with a moron like Tarzan it could have changed the game.

04-04-12, 07:15 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Queen's Barge"
The switch was random only in the sense that each individual was drawing for orange or blue. The men took eggs from the designated Manono pile, the women took eggs from the designated Salani pile. Four men and three women drew Manono. Four women and three men drew Salani. Had the men gone to the switch at 8 strong and the women 6, 4 men and 3 women would have landed on each new tribe.

04-04-12, 07:54 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Queen's Barge"
The best Survivor players are both social butterflies and good enough in challenges. Kind of like Danni or Parvati... So, I guess Parvati is on your list of favorites!

1) Colton chose Monica over Christina because Monica had friends, not because of her strength.

2) The men could have gotten rid of Colton and the HII if they had wanted to. Matt's rooster alliance, which included 2 of your favorites, is what divided Manono.

3) How do you know Jonas didn't try to recruit Christina? Because it wasn't shown??? Here we go again with you believing that what we see is all there is. Jonas saying that he invited Troy and Jay to go fishing and them turnong him down isn't so far fetched to think Jonas invented it.

Thanks Dabo for helping out!

04-04-12, 11:03 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Queen's Barge"

Nature divided the men's tribe. There were 4 young jock guys and 5 misfits. It is no wild coincidence that they ended up broken up that way.

Really, in forming their alliance of 5, the women divided their tribe even quicker than the Rooster alliance divided the men. The difference was that the women's 5 stuck together; whereas Colton immediately looked to betray his.

Remember Matt said Colton was their 5th. Age-wise, it makes sense.

It was also smart strategy for the young guys to want to stick together: the strong protecting the strong. It also would have been smart for Colton to stick with them. They would have offered him protection until the merge and then afterwards they all would have been bigger targets than him. Get to a jury of a majority of women, and why shouldn't Colton be able to win that?

But Colton was more into power and feeding his ego than he was into sound strategy.

Aruba is correct that by casting Colton in a season of men vs. women, the men were essentially the first tribe in Survivor history to start at a 8-10 disadvantage.

Yes, though Colton proved willing to vote out a woman, ultimately I think it is safe to assume he would have played with the women. Alicia likely informed him that he was doing the women no great disservice by voting out Monica.

Aruba is incorrect to suggest Jonas arguing with Tarzan had anything to do with the men's downfall. Troy and Jay have made it quite clear that their decision was already made. They and Michael were with Salani. The men were already dead. Jonas knew it. Tarzan did not.

It was idiotic for the men to give up immunity. That should be no surprise to anyone.

However, being saddled with Colton and Colton getting the HI are still the biggest factors to their downfall.

>

04-05-12, 00:11 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Queen's Barge"
However, being saddled with Colton and Colton getting the HI are still the biggest factors to their downfall.

Well, we can't know what would have happened had Colton not received the HII, but he was such a childish dolt about the gender division of the tribes that had they not voted him out first they were doomed. I've no doubt he would have Cochraned first chance he got, but doing it in Manono2 would have been tactically unwise because it would send an instant message to Jay, Michael and Troyzan on Salani2 that Old Manono was a lost cause.

He was willing to jettison Monica and Christina simply because preserving Alicia was preserving the women's alliance.

04-03-12, 06:32 PM (EST)
28. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Just a heads-up folks:

For the next three Wednesdays (starting tomorrow) I will not be able to watch the episodes on Wednesday night. I will catch the episodes on the CBS website sometime afterwards.

Due to this situation the earliest I'll be able to get this Love/Loathe list up is late Friday/ early Saturday. Probably not a big deal, but if anyone wanted to jump in and start the thread before that time, go for it!

Thanks again for everyone's continued participation.

04-03-12, 08:46 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S24 One World Ep 7 Love/Loathe List"
Thanks for the head's up.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •