The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-22-12, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Usually I nail the episodes...but I must admit I got this one wrong. I thought Greg would be the medivac and the "Thanks for the Souvenier" would be a Colton blindside. At least Colton's out of the game. Other than the medivac it was a pretty horrible episode...unless you get a charge out of bullying or kicking someone when they're down.

1) KIM (9,5,4,7,1) - Not a whole lot doing for her this episode but because no one did anything above average to take the top spot she stays here mostly out of default. She did rack up some confessional and TC time though. With the merge official, it'll be interesting to watch her straddle two alliances without getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar. If she can swing it, she'll deserve the million.

2) TROY (5,4,2,2,2) - While everyone was beating their brains trying to guess the "backyard game" for the RC, we hear Troy in a confessional indicate it really doesn't matter because they are misfits and we'll kick their a$$es anyway. HaHa, great stuff. Easily the best narrator this season. I was ready to give him the top spot after delivering the winning shot at the RC, but talking smack to the losers they just beat keeps him here.

3) SABRINA (1,1,1,1,4) - Decent confessional time, and with her concern about the women getting picked off, she appears to set the stage to resume the Battle of the Sexes after the merge. But I hope the HS teacher sends Alicia to "detention" (aka Losers Lounge) more sooner than later.

4) JAY (3,7,3,3,4) - It's hard to call "firestarter" Jay (arguably has the most survival skills of anyone in the game) and someone who is a solid force in every challenge a "coattail rider," but if he doesn't pick it up, I might have to see Michel halfway on this one. I'll give him one more episode, and if he doesn't make a positive game move, I'll have to drop him from my top four.

5) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9) - Talk about a complete 180! She goes from Ep. 1 when she tells the B!tchy Hag to shut-up at TC, to Ep. 6 when she swallows more than anyone should have to take. Would have liked to seen her stand up a little more for herself, but she moves up for her gameplay that would have sent Alicia home if NuManono had to vote someone out at TC after Colton's medivac. Some will say her caretaking of Colton was just strategic, but I think she was genuinely concerned. The Bad News--she goes into the merge with Jonas and Leif and not much more. The Good News--if my math is right and she's on the Jury we'll get to see her every episode walking into TC looking great.

6) JONAS (13,6,5,8,10) - With Colton out of the picture we got to see flashes of a possible gameplay from our marshmellow. Glad to see he was on board with Christina to boot Alicia. I could see him advancing far in the game, but does he have what it takes to put himself in a position to win? I dunno.

7) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5) - Do I dare say Chelsea is Jonas with boobs??? OK, even I admit that's a bit extreme. lol But point being, if she doesn't put herself in a good position to win (other than accepting Kim's invitation as her tag-along,) she'll go down as just another player with a good game for advancing but not a realistic chance of winning.

8) LEIF (4,3,7,6,11) - Simple man, simple mind. Just because you're a little man doesn't mean you have to have a little "set." You wouldn't be lamenting about being between two hard places if you had any nads. Too bad, because I still think he's generally a nice guy. Although I do get a kick out of the wooden crate he's using as a makeshift bed and watching him scramble up the steps in the RC was amusing.

9) MICHAEL (7,11,9,9,8) - Who would have thought the first big move of the season (stealing the women's supplies minutes after Jeff says, "Game On") would be his ONLY big move thus far in the game. Perhaps that's why my disappointment level is higher for this guy. Women deserve eye-candy as much as men, but other than that it'll be good riddance when he's out.

10) KAT (12,14,12,11,12) -I'm sure all the Ernest Hemingway's and Robert Frost's on these Boards will be tapping into their streams of consciousness and searching for symbolism with her dream about being a mallrat murdered by Alicia. But I'm an "on the surface" type of guy so I'll say it straight---Kat is an airheaded bimbo. It's comical enough not knowing what appendicitis is, but the first "backyard game" she comes up with is "TIC-TAC-TOE???" AHHHH Yes...I can remember growing up and my sisters and I being bummed out on a rainy Saturday afternoon when we couldn't go out in our backyard and play...TIC-TAC-TOE?" **snort** If I didn't believe in the phrase "Ignorance is Bliss," I'd rank Kat dead last.

11) GREG (11,12,15,14,13) - As I mentioned last week, the only good thing about Greg still in the game is we'll probably get to see him on the Jury at FTC. Just the mere notion of considering Alicia over Christina shows his inability to judge character mirrors his inability to remember names. At this point the men should allow the Christina-Alicia catfight to create disarray among the women and possibily give the men the numbers and control of the game. But the preview suggests differently with Greg flapping his fat mouth which may allow the opposite to occur.

12) ALICIA (16,16,12,12,7) - Her treatment of Christina was nothing short of despicable. Jonas has his nose up Colton's butt for two weeks; you're stroking him like a lapdog for only three days, and you think YOU'RE more deserving of the HII?! Although that sense of entitlement is not surprising because Alicia is the kind of teacher who would probably be more concerned about her tenure than the care she should be providing her special ed students. Speaking of which, if she doesn't have tenure, you wonder if she has a job when she gets back home. And if she does, I can't imagine how she'll be able to face those kids in the classroom.

MEDIVAC) COLTON (15,15,10,13,6) - The episode title left little doubt in my mind this would be his last episode. What sucks about a medivac is he will continue to live with the delusional idea that he could have "ran the game." A blindside would have nixed that notion. The only morsal of credit I'll throw him is properly thanking Sabrina for the HII because he never gets this far without it. What's sad is he'll probably get invited back for another season. If/when that happens, I hope more fans follow my lead and refuse to watch a season with returning players.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-22-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-23-12 2
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-23-12 3
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-23-12 4
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 03-23-12 5
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... jasonkola 03-23-12 6
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-23-12 8
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-23-12 11
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-24-12 13
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-24-12 15
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-24-12 21
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-23-12 7
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-23-12 9
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-23-12 10
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-24-12 14
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-24-12 12
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-24-12 16
       Answers michel 03-24-12 18
           RE: Answers Aruba 03-25-12 29
               RE: Answers michel 03-25-12 32
                   RE: Answers Aruba 03-25-12 39
                       RE: Answers michel 03-25-12 40
                           RE: Answers Aruba 03-25-12 41
                               RE: Answers michel 03-25-12 42
                                   RE: Answers Aruba 03-26-12 44
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... garyc 03-24-12 17
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-24-12 19
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-24-12 20
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-24-12 24
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-25-12 31
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Toban 03-24-12 25
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-24-12 27
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-25-12 28
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-25-12 30
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-25-12 33
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-25-12 34
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-25-12 37
                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-27-12 53
                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-27-12 55
                                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-27-12 56
                                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-27-12 57
                                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-27-12 60
                                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-28-12 62
                                                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-28-12 65
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-25-12 35
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-25-12 36
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-25-12 38
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-26-12 43
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-26-12 45
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-26-12 46
                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-26-12 47
                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-26-12 48
                                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-27-12 49
                                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 03-27-12 50
                                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-27-12 52
                                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-27-12 54
                                                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-27-12 58
                                                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-27-12 59
                                                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-27-12 61
                                                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-28-12 64
                                                                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-28-12 66
                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... Toban 03-27-12 51
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... PepeLePew13 03-24-12 22
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... michel 03-24-12 23
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe... PepeLePew13 03-24-12 26
 Tallies dabo 03-28-12 63

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-12, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-12 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

1. Kim (1). Kim keeps top spot for now. Savvy player had things set up well before the merge, and for the merge.

2. Troy "Troyzan" (2). Loved his "cocky" confessional, and seemed the best integrated with the women in Salani2. And for one of the older players he's holding up really well.

3. Jonas (4). Came out in the best position in Manono2 after Colton was evacuated. Will he be able to get the dysfunctional men under control now? Probably not, but he has some room to navigate. Saving Christina would have been the best for him as she is wearing a target at the merge.

4. Sabrina (3). Well positioned, and the only one who can really keep Alicia in check.

5. Leif (6). Found himself in the swing position, wish we could know whether he would have voted off Alicia or Christina. Rocked it in the challenge.

6. Kat (10). Bumping her up for the comedy. I'm beginning to suspect some of it may be calculated (Gracie Allen/Jessica Simpson) dumb, which would be an interesting way to play the game. But from her killer dream, her strut into the challenge, the exuberance at reward, all the way through "catching appendicitus" at TC she was a riot this week.

7. Jay (8). Not much from him this week, but he seems to be in well with the women, has some room to manuever.

8. Chelsea (5). Too quiet again this week, nothing to assess but did well in the challenge.

9. Christina (9). Handled the taunting reasonably well though I wish she'd stood up for herself more, merge lands her in a very bad spot with Alicia still in the game, but it wouldn't have been a much better spot with Alicia gone.

10. Greg "Tarzan" (11). For a beat up old dude with a bum leg he really pushed it in the challenge and scored twice for his team. Don't know why he wanted to save Alicia, much better to take cannon fodder Christina into a merge. And being low on the target list as long as there is muscle around he should have room to play. Unless he becomes a record third medical evacuee this season.

11. Michael (12). Um, yeah, the everyone vote their gut strategy wouldn't have kept him in the game, now that they've merged he better be looking to going on an immunity streak.

12. Alicia (7). Made a complete ass of herself this week, it was totally funny though when Colton kept his souvenir. Got damn lucky there wasn't a vote, she probably would have been toast.

Good-bye, Colton (13) and good riddance.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-12, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-12 AT 01:10 AM (EST)

Great job with getting the thread going so soon, Aruba.

Everyone's list is starting to look the same, so I am going to mix things up and post a strictly FAVORITES list instead of factoring in game play and the edit.

Now that the virus is gone, I feel like this cast can really shine again. It also is perfect that it is a 6-6 tie at merge.

So, ideally in the order of who I would like to see win...

1. CHELSEA - As soon as it stopped being men vs. women, her story stopped. Is that all? Maybe. Or Maybe not. We'll see. Camera still finds her A LOT. And there is still this.

Enough said.

2. TROY - The intro called the new Salani alliance the "dominant" alliance. Coincidence? Probably not. He is the most entertaining player in confessional. Often times, the best confessional players are jerks. Not this time. Loved the celebration after clinching the RC.

3. JONAS - It seems like this guy has the quote of the week nearly every week. His comment about Karma getting Colton was clearly this week's. We found out this episode why he couldn't make any moves on Colton. By his own words, he doesn't trust Lief, and we now know he can't trust Tarzan. I was pumped for the chance to see Jonas step out from the shadow and call the shots. Too bad it never had a chance.

4. CHRISTINA - Sure, I may have wanted her to stick up for herself, but anyone who typically gives people credit for scrambling should give Christina MEGA props here. She did WHATEVER it took to keep herself in the game, and put up with as cruel treatment as we have ever seen on this show. Colton actually said it himself at the end. She will do anything to survive. She's also a babe with a great personality too.

5. SABRINA - She remains part of the show even when she is not part of the story. She has no weaknesses that I can see, and I can think of no reason to not pull for her.

6. KIM - Seems like a good woman, who similar to Sabrina has no noticeable weaknesses. Her edit has really picked up the last couple episodes after being fairly quiet at the outset. Not the greatest in confessional, but she comes off as real. Really, the biggest difference between her and Sabrina's current position is that Sabrina's HII was for someone else while the one Kim found is for her.

7. JAY - The reverse of Chelsea, his edit has really picked up since the tribal switch. Now let's see if the women stick with him and Troy. The edit suggests they do.

8. KAT - Is on the show so we can laugh at her stupidity and because she looks good in a bikini. She had her biggest episode of season this past week. She might get a trip to the Finals as a goat.

9. Michael - The edit gave him a fair share of on and off camera comments. I am curious as to his position now. As the strongest man left, he is my odds on favorite to be the first boot post merge.

10. Lief - And the meek shall inherit the earth... not this time.

11. Tarzan - It seems like he is beginning to implode. Maybe he thinks a FTC with Alicia would be his only chance at winning. Otherwise, I have no clue why he would battle with Jonas to keep her. The previews almost suggest he is trying to make himself into a goat in the hopes of catching a ride to the Finals, ala Phillip. I don't see it in the edit though.

12. Alicia - She had moved up my list, but I was WAY OFF. What is up with special ed teachers? Don't they handle kids with special needs? Every special ed teacher I've ever known were like some of the nicest human beings I've ever met. Where do they get these people from? Who would entrust their child with special needs with this byotch? It isn't a defense, but Alicia isn't the first person we've seen get some power and then immediately start treating people like crap. It is the cardinal sin of Survivor, right next to getting cocky. It is too bad that the timetable couldn't allow for a boot at TC. If Alicia would have followed Colton home after being so cruel to Christina, thinking it didn't matter because she was going home, then it would have been one of the greatest episodes of all time.

NO JURY FOR YOU

Kourtney - who?
Nina - whuh?
Matt - Loved this episode.
Bill - ditto
Monica - yummy mummy
Colton - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... Who can blame his appendix for no longer wanting any association with the rest of him? I think the season is 10 times more interesting now that this edit SUCK is gone. The bad news is that unless MB has given up on returning players, (doubtful), we will certainly be seeing Colton again.

>

03-23-12, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
4. CHRISTINA - ... anyone who typically gives people credit for scrambling should give Christina MEGA props here...
She's also a babe with a great personality too.

Agree.

From my perspective, letting Colton and Alicia run with it was good strategy. But she missed her big chance to score major points in how she dealt with them, drag them down in the dirt. Let them make fools of themselves, then make the point to everyone else what miserable people they are. It's my turn now, this is what you can expect when it is your turn.

03-23-12, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
No need to concern yourself with everyone's list being the same...Michel hasn't posted yet. HaHa!

Actually with a couple minor exceptions you did a good job factoring in gameplay with your list.

Well Done!

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-12, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Talk about anti-climactic. The building up of Colton’s Ubervillain persona just didn’t seem to match the way he went out. I kind of feel a bit cheated that his downfall didn’t come from another person’s hands.

1. Kim (10, 3, 2, 3, 1)
No reason to drop Kim this week. She's still in perfect position to take over now that the tribes have merged. If she can keep Jay and Troy in her pocket, she's guaranteed to make it far.

2. Sabrina (2, 1, 5, 1, 3)
Apart from Kim, I think Sabrina has the best shot at winning this season. She’s personable and level-headed, but she really should clue into Kim’s alternate alliance and try to form one of her own. Hopefully not with Alicia.

3. Troy (5, 9, 1, 5, 5)
Troy is probably the only guy who has a shot at winning the game, which means that, if Kim is smart, she’ll get rid of Troy when she’s sure that she has a clear majority.

4. Christina (3, 7, 8, 8, 12)
Huge props to her for the way she handled Colton and Alicia's bullying. She kept her calm and went to the right people to try and get support. She could've gone with her "You're wrong, so shut up!" approach, but that would have gotten her nowhere, especially when she's trying to garner sympathy from her tribe mates.

5. Jay (7, 10, 6, 4, 4)

6. Chelsea (1, 4, 4, 6, 2)
I couldn’t really decide whether to rank Jay or Chelsea higher. Both of them seem to be content with playing second fiddle, and when playing with someone who has a great shot at winning the game, being “the other player” just wouldn’t do.

7. Kat (12, 15, 12, 9, 10)
Whereas Greg is a master of words, Kat doesn’t know “ambience” from “appendicitis”. She’s fun, she’s cute, but she’s not much else.

8. Jonas (4, 5, 3, 11, 9)
Now that Colton is gone, Jonas will need to work hard to ensure that his NuManono alliance will hold strong. He doesn't seem to have great rapport with Alicia, and Troy already has a backup alliance within Salani. Even Greg doesn't seem to trust him all that much. Still, he moves up slightly, if only by default.

9. Leif (8, 8, 9, 12, 7)
Leif's story seems to already have been established and he really hasn’t shown much apart from his role in Bill’s boot episode. He’s a non-threat in challenges, however, so he’ll probably make it past next week.

10. Michael (6, 6, 10, 7, 6)
Michael also moves down because story seems to have ended after the first episode. With seemingly no solid alliance to back him up, I think he’s prime candidate to get voted out after one of the major alliances establishes a majority.

11. Greg (11, 13, 14, 14, 13)
I hope he wanted to keep Alicia over Christina as a means to possibly get an “in” with the women. Otherwise, I don’t see the logic in favoring Alicia. The “Will you be my friend?” scene left a bitter taste in my mouth. I never would have singled out anyone the way he did, and like Alicia’s and Colton’s bullying of Christina, it just was completely impractical in a game like Survivor. Also, how many more times will he have to say, “The game is afoot”?

12. Alicia (17, 14, 13, 10, 11)
Classless. I understand the urge to gloat when you're winning against someone you don't like, but in a game like Survivor where you need people to vote for you to win, it definitely won't hurt to exercise some self-restraint.

Out:
Colton (15, 16, 11, 13, 8) - His hate for everyone else's voice seems a bit ironic given that probably half of Survivor's viewing audience hates his.
Monica (9, 2, 7, 2)
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-12, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
1. Kim
She is playing a great game. She has no one who dose not like here she has more than one alliance. She now has the II and is keeping it secret from everyone except Chelsea. There is no doubt she is going deep in this game.

2. Chelsea
Chelsea is one of my favorites from the beginning. Dam I think she is hot. Being hot aside, she has aligned with some of the better players in the game and should go long.

3. Troy
Troy is one of the more likable guys and is now in an alliance with Kim and Chelsea. Hopefully that alliance holds up post merge. I could see troy there at the end.

4. Jay
He is also in the key alliance with the above 3. I like this alliance as if they can keep is a secret and intact it will go a long ways.

5. Jonas
I like Jonas but I think he is on the wrong side of the battle field. His head is in the game and hopefully he can find a way to get back in with his buddy Troy and perhaps even join that alliance. if so he will go far. If not he could be in trouble.

6. Sabrina
I think she is liked by the girls and gets along well with everyone so I think she will be safe for a while. I do think she will be seen as too likable and also a physical threat and will eventually be targeted. I would be surprised if she made F3.

7. Leif
I like Leif but I do not think he is trusted buy others to keep secrets. He is a nice guy but this dose not carry you far in this game. It also dose not help being on the wrong side of the battle field.

8. Christina
I also like Christina but she dose not have many friends. I do not know why she seems vary likable to me. I think she just started the game off on the outs and could never make any friends. At least she has finally made friends with Jonas and Leif but I do not think that is going to be a dominant alliance. I fear she is one of the top boot prospects next week.

9. Kat
She is the dumb blond but I sometimes wander if she is not faking it. One thing going for her is she will not be seen as a threat. She should be easy to blind side. She will be in the game for a while riding coat tails.

10. Micheal
After the first episode this guy has been under the radar for the most part. He will be seen as a challenge threat so he will be one of the boot prospects next week.

11. Greg
I have never really liked Greg. I just think he is not someone I would call a friend. He is just too weird for my taste. I suspect he may be playing dumb. I have a hard time believing someone with such a huge vocabulary has a hard time remembering names. He could use that as an excuse later in the game when he wants to write someone else's name down.

12. Alicia
It is amazing how someone who was one of my favorites when the season started could end up one of my least liked. Preseason we just get to see all she is on the outside. As we learn who she is on the inside we can see she is really not that likable. But I must admit I like her 100 times more than Colton. But 100 times .0000001 is still not a big number.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-12, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Do we ever learn how someone is on the inside by watching them on TV? In the pressure environment of the game? Through the eyes of editors?

03-23-12, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

Sometimes a ten second random act can reveal true character more than a deliberate confessional or act.

>

03-24-12, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
I don't deny that but really only if the random act occurs in one's familiar environment, not when surrounded by cameras playing a game of deceit for a million bucks. And that's not even considering that some acts could be manufactured by the editors.

03-24-12, 06:37 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
You are...who you are...who you are!

There's no doubt players are dumped into a control enviroment without the needed essentials dealing with adverse conditions because it makes for entertaining TV; but there is an ulterior motive.

It's easier to put on a false mask and come across nicer then you are by nature when everything is all hunky-dory. But generally a person's "true colors" come out when the chips are down. By making the castaways suffer out of their comfort zones it allows us to see the TRUE THEM.

I know how you gush with excitment when playing the edit card like Phil Helmuth plays pocket aces; but it's not like the Production throws all the names in a hat, pulls out a name and says, "AWWWW, let's manufacture a good edit for this player." Select another name..."OHHHHH, sorry but we're gonna purposely give you a bad edit."

I suppose I'll never be the one to stand in line and drink Production's "kool-aid." Simply put, you "earn" the edit you get be it good or bad.

03-24-12, 04:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

I've read enough accounts from players about how others were different than what was shown to know that, on survivor, you are what the editors want you to be.

Of course production doesn't choose edits beforehand but, once events happen, the editors cut and splice the film in the most entertaining way. It's even written in the contracts that they can make you look stupid.

Note, I put no weight on someone saying that they were cheated by the edit but I put a lot of credibility when someone talks about another person. Jill from Nicaragua, has drawn a portrait of most of the Espada players and they are not as we saw. Dan, for one, she described as hilarious and someone that would never shut up. She said that Yve was quite strategic forming an alliance with Marty and her on the first few days. Apparently, they talked a lot about the game but only Marty was presented as a strategic player.

In Gabon, Sugar was described unanimously as being unpleasant yet we almost saw a sweetheart. Susie was described as someone that never stopped talking yet we only saw her yawn!

03-23-12, 10:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
For now, I'll just make a list of players based on their game and entertainment value and just add the name of a former contestant that reminds me of them. Some are obvious, others are intended to make you wonder why!

1- Kim: Danni
2- Chelsea: Amanda
3- Troy: Jonathan
4- Jay: Brandon (S11)
5- Sabrina: Cirie
6- Jonas: Nate (extra bonus points to anyone who can tell me why the Sushi chef reminds me of Parvati's first survivor flirt.)
7- Christina: Margaret obviously.
8- Kat: Big Brother's Jordan! (Maybe China's Courtney but she isn't funny or snarky enough)
9- Leif: Dan (S21)
10- Micheal: Clarence (another quizz!)
11- Tarzan: Phillip
12- Alicia: Crystal

Booted: Colon - Chet.

03-23-12, 11:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

Jonas-Nate... they talk the same, bro

>

03-23-12, 11:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
extra cherries

03-24-12, 01:07 AM (EST)
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Like the stolen axe, that got it started but the comparison extends further than that.

03-24-12, 00:55 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
close, but I was looking for something specific.

03-24-12, 07:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
When comparing two players from different seasons I like to wait until BOTH players have a FULL season under their belts before I compare them...but for entertainment purposes I dig what you're doing.

Most of your comparisons have potential of being right on when One World is over. Only one isn't even remotely close but I know you get a charge out of comparing a fav of mine to someone pathetically inept. Hey, it'a all good 'cause I still luv ya man! HaHa

I never considered Crystal or Chet "villians" in their respective seasons. With Alicia I drew an instant parallel to KNAT-alie from Skankivor: Micronesisa. Off the top of my head I can't think of a comparison for Colton...nor would I want to.

I wouldn't have a prayer of getting your quizzes right because I'm a shoot-from-the-hip type of guy who sees and tells it as it is. By contrast your images are more deep driven by the flows of sense-perception based on loose interpretation of the castaways thoughts and actions...or something like that. LOL

Anyway I would have guessed the same as Dabo with Michael/Clarence. Michael began the game taking supplies from the women and Clarence began the game taking more than his amount of food alloted to each tribemate.

With Jonas/Nate I'll state the obvious that Nate followed Perv around like a puppydog and had his nose up the skanky Ho's butt and Jonas had his nose up Colton's butt this season. Can't recall if Nate referred to himself as someone's B!tch like Jonas did?

As stated before, not being one who is fixed on "interior monologue" I know I'm not right; but appreciate your efforts adding a different twist to the List and wanted to give you the courtesy of a response.

03-24-12, 01:43 PM (EST)
18. "Answers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-12 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

>Most of your comparisons have potential
>of being right on when
>One World is over. Only
>one isn't even remotely close
>but I know you get
>a charge out of comparing
>a fav of mine to
>someone pathetically inept.

But see, I do not consider Cirie as being inept at all. In fact, I consider her as one of the best players ever so it isn't to bring Sabrina down that I compare the two. I see both as intelligent women and fun commentators of the game. If you don't see Cirie as a great player by now, I don't expect to change your mind.

>I never considered Crystal or Chet
>"villians" in their respective seasons.

Not quite the comparison I was going for even if Crystal was a villain booting Jacque and Marcus and going after Marty.
Alicia and Crystal presented themselves as strong women but both have been loud women and pathetic in challenges.

Chet, like Colton proved to be, was just a ball of goo. The two had pathetic reasons to leave the game. I'll bet you that, for a similar illness, Bruce suffered 10 times more and days longer than Colon did before requesting medical.

>Anyway I would have guessed the
>same as Dabo with Michael/Clarence.
>Michael began the game taking
>supplies from the women and
>Clarence began the game taking
>more than his amount of
>food alloted to each tribemate.

In addition, both were very strong guys that clearly knew they were on the outs. They were part of switches but were still unable to make friends with the other side. Clarence left at the merge and I could see Michael leaving soon, probably F10 also.

>With Jonas/Nate I'll state the obvious
>that Nate followed Perv around
>like a puppydog and had
>his nose up the skanky
>Ho's butt and Jonas had
>his nose up Colton's butt
>this season. Can't recall if
>Nate referred to himself as
>someone's B!tch like Jonas did?

No, simpler than that: Both like to say "Snap!"

As for Kim/Danni, it was the original cast picture that made me compare the two: Both brunettes were the tallest women on the cast and both were positioned at the far left of the group. Since then, the comparison grew because of their smart confessionals.

Chelsea, like Amanda, is a beautiful and strong woman. Amanda had problems at FTC and we just heard Chelsea saying: Tribal's a challenge".

No one commented on the Kat/BB Jordan comparison which saddens me because it was the one that gave me the idea for this.

03-25-12, 07:18 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Answers"

"If you don't see Cirie as a great player by now, I don't expect to change your mind."

I have always given Cirie her due as an opportunistic player which can be a valuable trait when casted with a bunch of morons and idiots. But Cirie advanced in her seasons because she was rightfully and appropriately known as a non-threat in challenges. Inept players who are not eliminated early on generally have a great shot at getting their golden tickets punched deeper into the game just for that reason. They're a dime a dozen on Survivor.

Cirie got ultimately eliminated from the game because her ineptness prevented her from winning when she had to. We do not know yet how (or if) Sabrina will be eliminated. This is why I generally do not make full comparisons between two players when one of them has NOT finished a season. But if Sabrina does get voted out because she is perceived as a threat (aka Anti-Darwin Syndrome) then whatever straws you have been grasping at to make this comparison will be gone.

"Not quite the comparison I was going for even if Crystal was a villain booting Jacque and Marcus and going after Marty."

For the life of me I can't remember Jacque??? As far as wanting Marcus and "Marty" (I think you meant to type Matty) out of the game...it's called Anti-Darwin Snydrome and if you coin every castaway employing this tactic as "villians" then the line is long with players to compare to Alicia. On a sidenote Alicia wanted to go after Christina more for personal reasons...it was Colton who employed the Anti-Darwin Syndrome against Monica.

"Chet, like Colton proved to be, was just a ball of goo. The two had pathetic reasons to leave the game. I'll bet you that, for a similar illness, Bruce suffered 10 times more and days longer than Colon did before requesting medical."

Bruce's toughness cannot be questioned. Aside from the condition which removed Bruce from the game, this guy also took a machete in the mouth the same season. After spitting out blood and a chip of his tooth, he continued playing.

If Bruce didn't have enough troubles, the poor guy had to listen to Courtney sing him some silly song while he was suffering hoping to make him feel better, whereas Colton had Christina stroking and petting him to make him feel better. THAT in itself would have made ME tough it out! But to the other extreme, I'm not sure I would label Colton a "wimp" for what he was going through.

"No, simpler than that: Both like to say "Snap!"

I honestly don't recall either on them saying that so I would have never guessed it. I'm sure I'll be taking more notice of Jonas saying that now.

"No one commented on the Kat/BB Jordan comparison which saddens me because it was the one that gave me the idea for this."

As far as scores on an IQ test, you're comparison doesn't come any closer. The reason I didn't comment on it is because I'm not sure how many posters on the Survivor Boards follow BB.

Jordan's advancement in her game was facilitated largely to her showmance partner being a physical threat and a challenge stud that season. He carried her throughout most of the season. But to Jordan's credit, after Jeff was Anti-Darwined out of the game, she come through winning the final and most important challenge giving her the power to select the perfect goat to sit next to in the Finals and win the season.

There's no question whatsoever Kat will be carried deep into the game (for the same reason Cirie was.) But the million dollar question is will Kat be able to win when she has to??? Once again, as I stated in my first comparison on this post, this is why I'll wait until AFTER the season to make full comparisons.

03-25-12, 01:51 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Answers"
"There's no question whatsoever Kat will be carried deep into the game (for the same reason Cirie was.)"

Can you allow me one more chance to show you how wrong you are about Cirie? Because comparing the very intelligent Cirie to Kat is preposterous. Kat was picked up by an alliance and didn't do a thing to advance. She's coasting. Cirie never coasts because she makes sure her hand is on the wheel. Here's what she did:

When Aras and Shane said to her and Melinda that one would be first to go while the other would be next, Cirie went to Danielle and formed a F3 with her and Courtney telling her that Aras, Shane and Bobdawg would be too powerful if Courtney and Danielle remained on their own. Danielle pushed for Melinda to be voted out. Then Cirie went to Aras and Shane and told them that she could be the third vote that they would need at some point. Bobdawg was worried about his whole tribe except about Cirie who he thought was on his side. So, before Melinda was voted out, Cirie had gained everyone's trust. She did the work.

When Bruce was added to Casaya, Cirie and Danielle added him to their alliance and that's when the elimination of Bobby was planned. Danielle wanted him gone for personal reason, Cirie wanted him gone for alliance reasons. She ran Casaya. She also ran Micronesia.

(It didn't work in HvV because Tom knew how dangerous she was and didn't trust her. That was really his mistake because, had he trusted Cirie, she would have trusted him. His side would have prevailed and the season would have been so much better.)

How Sabrina's game ends, whether voted out or winning, has nothing to do with comparing her to Cirie. Both are eloquent narrators, smart women and I'd add hard workers although I'm not sure Sabrina works her ass off like Cirie always did.

As for why I called Crystal a villain, she made it personal each time, getting into fights with everyone...like Alicia. She even fought with her allies like GC (Eat yo' rice)

03-25-12, 06:09 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Answers"
After Palau, where Tom Westman proved to be the most perfect Survivor ever to play the game, his chance of prevailing in ANY subsequent season would be slim to none regardless of what he does or who he trusts. He is a victim of his own success for any season he would decide to participate in.

If you are unable to comprehend the fact that an inept player manages to advance far into the game if they are not eliminated early on (and this does not only apply to Cirie) then clearly your fan appeal for Cirie is preventing you from seeing the obvious.

Once again, I acknowledge she made the most of her opportunities. But if anyone feared she would have been a factor in any future challenges and deemed a threat, her big 'ole butt gets voted out regardless of whatever "work" she may have done behind the scenes.

03-25-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Answers"
Look, the game is fair: The weak are at risk before the merge, the strong after it BUT Cirie was never considered weak. Not by anyone that played with her. In fact, your perfect Survivor saw her as a threat, not a weak link. Remember what he said to Colby: "Why boot a follower like Suger when you can go after a leader like Cirie?" After Sugar left, the next weak link in the tribe, according to Tom, was Amanda, not Cirie.

03-25-12, 08:10 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Answers"
I'm not saying it's "unfair" that the inept lasts longer in the game. Hey, if the other players are idiotic enough to allow that to happen, then they deserve to be voted out while the more inept players are holding their "golden tickets" to the F4.

I didn't follow the season you are talking about but based on what you're saying I'll give props to Tom for having the savvy to understand EXACTLY what I have been saying in this thread that if you do not eliminate a castaway like Cirie early on then they'll advance based on the fact they suck at challenges. It doesn't surprise me a player like Tom, who is a stud at challenges, would want to target someone like Cirie who may be allowed to come to the forefront and "lead" idiots and other inept players.

And I don't "blame" Cirie for taking advantage of that; I blame Production for casting these idiots and inept players to begin with.

03-25-12, 09:09 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Answers"

03-26-12, 05:31 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Answers"
WOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is EXACTLY how I feel when I analyze the job Production does casting for Survivor (or most other Reality Shows.)

WELL DONE...as they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words!"

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-12 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

Interesting comparison with Kim and Chelsea. Is that a prediction? Kim could win but Chelsea will do no better than second?

Don't see the Colton/Chet comparison. Colton and Naonka perhaps. Or Alicia and Naonka.

03-24-12, 03:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-12 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

What michel is really asking is - Why do I think these players compare?

It is sort of like answering Bilbo Baggins' riddle- "What do I have in my pocket?"

I also picked up on Chelsea's line, wondering if it had any future implications, but not everything does, especially when it is included as part of another larger conversation.

Chelsea is hotter, stronger and more self-willed than Amanda, but Amanda was more strategic and nicer.

Chelsea is the better loyal soldier, while Amanda is the better partner. The two roles are similar but not exactly the same. Becky, Amber and Stephen were partners. Helen, Sondra and Natalie (B-Rob) were loyal soldiers.

Cirie was the ultimate "fish out of water" story and strategically played the swing vote role as well as anyone has ever played it. Neither have anything to do with Sabrina, who is much closer associated with Tom Westman minus being as good at challenges.

I think Kim is a dead-ringer for Parvati, game-wise, though Parvati's overt sexuality gave her one more weapon against the men. Both play a "tea party" type game, making connections with everyone, and getting hooks into as many different alliances as possible. Kim has brought old alliances together in much the same way as Parvati did in Micronesia. Both are assets in tribal challenges and probably capable in individual without having the obvious athleticism of a Chelsea or Stephanie. Both are social leaders without being tribal leaders, which is a key and somewhat unique distinction.

Though there are also valid comparisons between Kim and Danni, Danni had much manlier interests and ultimately fell to a swing vote role to outlast. It is unlikely that Kim will have to do likewise

Though Bruce having a higher tolerance for pain than Colton is probably a safe assumption, they suffered from very different maladies. Bruce had an intestinal blockage, which is pain and pressure building up over time. While Colton had a bacterial infection, which can be much more acute in its symptoms and duration. So, very difficult to judge their pain tolerance off these somewhat different situations.

>

03-24-12, 04:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Yet Gollom figured out the riddle, didn't he?

Loyal partner, better soldier, aren't you splitting hairs?
As for Kim and Parvati playing Survivor as if it was a cocktail party then the comparison to Danni is even better since she was the only one able to convince the others to come to her birthday party.

Colton's a wimp. Bruce was a man. Why defend the brat?

PS. Chelsea is hotter? Really? I'd like to be in a position to choose between the two.

03-24-12, 07:58 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

"Gollum... riddle"... Not really. Gollum started pursuing Bilbo only after he discovered the ring was missing...

Partner vs. loyal soldier... I guess they are a similar enough distinction to call it splitting hairs. But again, in Yul's alliance Becky was the partner and Sondra was the loyal soldier. They weren't quite playing the game the same. There is a difference.

But after the party the opposing alliance still wanted to vote her alliance off. So, no, I wouldn't say that was better.

Colton's a wimp, true.

Chelsea v. Amanda. Ah, yes.. That is no knock on Amanda. The only thing stopping Chelsea from being Miss S.C. is age and a desire for world peace.

>

03-25-12, 09:28 AM (EST)
31. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

"Chelsea v. Amanda. Ah, yes.. That is no knock on Amanda. The only thing stopping Chelsea from being Miss S.C. is age and a desire for world peace."

HaHa...I hear ya!

Chelsea vs. Amanada reminds me of the old Gilligan Island debate: Who would you rather be stranded on the island with? Ginger or Maryann?

To fulfill a fantasy most red-blooded males would choose Ginger. But to hang out with a cool chick...Maryann is the obvious choice.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-12, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
There are many reasons to criticize Colton but his med-evac isn't one of them. I think it was Christina who called the medics and Colton was begging Jeff to let him stay in the game. If I recall correctly, Chet basically gave up and came just short of quitting, instead he asked his tribemates to vote him out. So I don't get this comparison at all.

The Kat/BB Jordan comparison, however, is pretty good.

03-24-12, 08:48 PM (EST)
27. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-12 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

Correct. Colton was horrible as a person out there. But he wanted to stay in the game, they gave him no choice about the medical evacuation. Chet basically wimped out and left his allies in a bad position, had he stayed with them for just that one vote they would have better positioned to continue in the game.

03-25-12, 03:25 AM (EST)
28. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-12 AT 03:26 AM (EST)

Ha! The marvels of editing! Colton didn't have appendicitis, just an infection that many survivors have endured in the past. I know that some players have said they left the island with parasites that bothered them for months.

Anyway, listen to his confessionals when he's saying his pee is brown: He is far from having insufferable pains. He wimped out, called the medic when his tummy hurt and then regretted the consequences. I am sure that most people would have hung on for many more days out there and maybe even have gotten over it especially considering Cotlon brought it on himself, barely drinking or eating anything while he was out there.

As for Chet, again editing made it look like Ozzy would have been eliminated but Ami said she wasn't going to go with that plan, she was only giving the Fans lip service. Chet was so worried about his heel that he asked to be voted out but he was a goner anyway.

03-25-12, 07:46 AM (EST)
30. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!

Once again, drawing the edit card out of its holster.

After a two season sabatical not much has changed.

All kidding aside, I acknowledge TV Shows/Movies are always subject to editing, but I still get a kick out of reading it in your posts.

03-25-12, 01:57 PM (EST)
33. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
It's the opposite really: Editing told us that Chet let his allies down. Ami, in every interview, said she was voting with the Favorites. I choose to believe her over the edit. Now, if you believe what the editors feed you, that's your choice.

03-25-12, 02:32 PM (EST)
34. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
But what Ami would or wouldn't have done is immaterial to the decisions Chet made from his own perspective.

If you read the vote thread you'll see I (jokingly) came up with a scenario in which Colton was an even bigger wimp.

But, yes, I am aware that it turned out to be a bacterial infection rather than appendicitis. But every medical issue is distinct, it is really unfair to compare fast-acting bacteria resistant to drugs to a slow-acting parasite to an inflamed appendix to an infected heel, and so on.

I'm still not liking Colton anyway, in his interviews he's trying to come off as someone different from what he was in Survivor, yet some of what he says really does not jibe with what happened, he's engaging in retroactive revisionism.

03-25-12, 05:55 PM (EST)
37. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

"Ami, in every interview, said she was voting with the Favorites. I choose to believe her over the edit."

This is the same player who "claims" she never saw Survivor prior to playing the game. Earl Cole (Winner of Fiji) made the same claim. Personally I think any castaway claiming to not see Survivor prior to playing the game is full of crap.

Granted they may not be diehard fans never missing an episode, but you're telling me upon finding out they will be casted for the game they don't go on the internet and do some "homework" before particpating for the season??? I just don't buy it.

But hey, if you wish to believe someone's word who makes that claim, it's totally your prerogative.

03-27-12, 06:04 PM (EST)
53. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
I don't call people liars unless they give me reason to doubt them. For one, Earl found out he was leaving for Fiji 2 days before his flight.

And, in Ami's case, saying that she would have voted with Ozzy when he decided to eliminate her doesn't make her look good at all. If she wanted to look good she wouldn't have said anything and simply agreed with what was shown: She and Tracy were ready to backstab Ozzy but Chet let them down.
INSTEAD, she said that she wasn't going to vote against Ozzy. To say that her version is a false claim is completely upside down!!!!!!!!!!

03-27-12, 07:09 PM (EST)
55. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
All I'm saying is anyone who makes that claim sure gives ME reason to doubt them. Like I said, I'm not buying it. I'm sure it took a heckuva lot more than "two days" to filter through a selection process to be casted for a season. There's interviews, doing a criminal check, medical clearance, more interviews, more screening processes, etc. etc... And during this time they still say they never saw Survivor???

Given my reason I'll take whatever they have to say with a grain of salt be it false or not.

03-27-12, 07:32 PM (EST)
56. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
If I recall correctly, Earl had gone through that whole process to be on The Amazing Race but they didn't choose him. Survivor needed someone to complete their cast so they called him.

03-27-12, 07:38 PM (EST)
57. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
And in our age of the internet he had NO time to do any Survivor homework before he left???

Would you have any recollection on Ami's story since that's how we started this whole discussion???

03-27-12, 11:13 PM (EST)
60. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-12 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

If I tell you that you have to get on a plane in 48 hours and that you won't be back home for about 2 months, your first reaction would be to look for old on-line videos?!!

I think I'd spend it making arrangments with my boss, the post office, the family, etc...

Earl did some on-the-job training. If you remember, he kept saying that he was working on his plan.

Sorry, Vanuatu is too far back to remember Ami's story.

03-28-12, 06:44 AM (EST)
62. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Great question...HMMMM so you're asking if I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to play a game, I supposedly NEVER saw, in front of millions of primetime viewers...OH, BTW and a chance to win $1,000,000 would I "waste" a few "precious" hours watching videos easily available to me so I can get an edge??? Let me think...OK I got an answer for you. ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY!!!! Are you kidding me??? lol

And I swear to you I'm not just saying that to be contrary. I would be very surprised if a majority would not do the same as I.

I did get a chuckle out of your "making arrangements with my boss" scenario. I'm not sure how working arrangements are up in the Great White North, but I can tell you how it is for 99% of us down here in Corporate America. If I give my boss/company a 48 hour notice to take a two month leave of absence wanna know what the chances are I have my job waiting for me when I get back??? Let me put it to you this way...we'd have a better chance seeing Colton propose to Alicia on the Reunion show and asking Bill to be his best man!

03-28-12, 07:16 PM (EST)
65. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-12 AT 07:20 PM (EST)

!!! If Earl had never watched Survivor then going on the show wasn't an "opportunity of a lifetime" now was it?!

As far as the Great White North, we have the same companies you do so it's pretty much the same. However, I'd imagine a responsible person wouldn't have 2 days to watch TV but would make sure there isn't unfinished business, that the report due Monday gets done, that all the appointments are transfered or notified, etc...

Really, I don't understand (or even remember how this conversation got on this track!) why you are bashing Earl when:
1- He showed that he was a quick learner.
2- Your perfect Tom did the same thing. He said that he and Ian didn't know the game but relied on Kathie to guide them early on.

ETA: No need to remind me how we got on the subject of Earl. Holy thread Hijack, Batman!

03-25-12, 02:43 PM (EST)
35. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-12 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

Dabo, they ALWAYS employ revisionist history. That is why it is laughable that michel always trusts their own words over what we've been shown. If you don't like what the edit said about you, you just say it didn't tell the real story.

If you don't like the way you were quoted, you just say it was "taken out of context." Old school.

Bacterial infections have killed more people than any other medical ailment. The Black Death is a bacterial infection.

Colton was checked by two medical professionals and both concluded he was in intense pain and needed medical attention.

If the infection was left alone, it could have spread to his kidneys, caused kidney failure, and been just as deadly as a burst appendix would be.

Colton was dominating the game (certainly in his own mind) and had no reason to want to leave.

I don't doubt that contestants catch a variety of bacterial infections when they play the game and are still bothered by them after they leave. However, one infection can be treated by ointment while another can kill.

So, just because other contestants have had bacterial infections does not mean they had what Colton did or endured what he endured.

I don't know about you, but I've had plenty of bacterial infections and I have never urinated brown before. Safe to say I would be very alarmed if that were the case.

>

03-25-12, 04:22 PM (EST)
36. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
I wouldn't say that all of them do it. Everyone has their own view, their own perspective, knows their own thoughts, so there are bound to be some disagreements about how things were edited. And some of them when they are making the media rounds have clearly been affected by what they saw on television.

Colton clearly understands why viewers hated him, unlike Russell, and is trying to smooth that over with some of the Colton charm. Fair enough, good luck with that, in my view it only means he's slightly better than Russell in that one particular way

Colton's revisionism, though, strays too far from his actions out there, he's made some claims he cannot actually support. I cannot prove he's lying but he is, he's gotten too inventive with his story. Russell never lied in that way; he's delusional but he's at least an honest deluded troll who doesn't understand the glaring flaws in his social game. So in that one particular way Russell is better than Colton.

03-25-12, 05:56 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Just go look at his confessionals when he is practically laughing about his pain. If he had time to tell the cameras that he was feeling ill then he wasn't at death's doorstep. If he had presence of mind to realize that giving the idol to a Manono could hurt Jay's game, he wasn't in that much pain. If he was dehydrated, he could have forced himself to drink and eat more but he didn't like what he had to eat so he didn't eat. He wanted attention, got it but then they didn't joke around and pulled him. I'm guessing he was hoping for some treatment there on the island, some special exemption of the rules but got trapped.

The guy is a wimp.Period.

03-26-12, 01:26 AM (EST)
43. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-12 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

Just for you I cued up the episode again and did some confessionals analysis.

During the tension headache sequence he had a tension headache confessional that was obviously not filmed during the tension headache itself. The tension headache was at night, the confessional was in the daylight.

He later had a dehydrated confessional post Tarzan's examination. This confessional and the tension headache confessional could have been one confessional split into two parts.

Tacking on as voice-over at the end of the dehydrated confessional were the severe pain die die die comments. Those could have been recorded post evacuation but were edited into the dehydrated confessional sequence as voice-over.

All of this were at the Manono camp, barring post-production VO. His final words, per the few seconds shown as they started, per beard growth, were not only filmed at a different time but at the Salani camp.

03-26-12, 05:19 PM (EST)
45. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
And what do your observations enable you to conclude or at least suppose?
I saw the same and thought he looked just fine, not even looking pale.

03-26-12, 06:03 PM (EST)
46. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Conclude? Suppose? Alright.

Well, it isn't unusual for them to split a single confessional sequence into two parts, nor is it unusual for them to splice material into a confessional. They sometimes get very tricky taking things out of sequence, this time not so much.

On screen in confessional he didn't appear much different from when Tarzan examined him, he worsened afterwards, those two confessionals were actually from the same confessional sequence filmed around that time.

The VO section with the "die die die" stuff could have been culled from another later confessional, from comments he made to Dr. Ramona or Jeff while he was being examined, while he was on the way to the hospital after leaving the island, in the hospital, there's no way for us to know. I would suppose that he was administered some medication to help control the pain even before he reached the hospital, but that wouldn't calm his immediate distress.

If recorded much later then it was basically scripted and he did a reasonable acting job of recapturing his distress. Meh, I think that would be giving him too much credit, but believe what you like.

The final words material came from the episode 1 time frame when he was in a snit about the tribes being determined by gender, which upset his predetermined plan for playing the game.

03-26-12, 06:10 PM (EST)
47. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

>The final words material came from
>the episode 1 time frame
>when he was in a
>snit about the tribes being
>determined by gender, which upset
>his predetermined plan for playing
>the game.

Interesting hypothesis. Not sure about that though.

03-26-12, 07:43 PM (EST)
48. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"

I was going to say we have no idea when those confessionals occurred. They very well might have been added afterwards.

Do we really think Colton and Christina were giving us a play-by-play as it was happening?

Even with just my second time watching it, I thought the "too far gone" Colton confessional and Christina's confessional that immediately followed were clearly edited in and weren't in real time.

>

03-27-12, 09:56 AM (EST)
49. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-12 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

Christina's confessional about finding Colton on the ground was ex post facto, not as alarmed as she was in the moment, and was probably recorded at the same time as the Alicia and Jonas confessionals after Colton was medically evacuated. Everybody wave Colton bye-bye, watch as he's taken away, then everyone to confessional. Whatever else she said at that time, that bit was lifted for storytelling purposes.

Timelining it. Colton has a bad night but finally got to sleep, got up in the morning feeling beat up. Morning confessionals. Colton went off to urinate at some point, could have been right after he woke up. Came back. Some time passes, a few hours perhaps, he feels worse and worse, excuses himself again to get away from others for awhile, maybe try to walk it off. Ends up on the ground at some point.

Christina comes off as compassionate throughout all this, Alicia ends up looking self-centered, Colton in a skirt and without the HII.

I'm pretty certain the final words were lifted from a confessional before Colton had the HII.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-27-12, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Doesn't Colton say in his RTVW interview that his final words were taken from Day 1? Probably not Day 1 itself, but much earlier than Day 15 or so.

03-27-12, 04:10 PM (EST)
52. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Yes, in the RTVW interview part 2 he said the final words were from day 1. I don't trust him, though, and tried to base my assessment on visual cues and content, which happened to coincide with episode 1` before he had the HII.

03-27-12, 06:13 PM (EST)
54. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Yes, his last words could have been simply about the men versus woman twist but the confessionals during the episode were done during his last days there and, like I said, he doesn't look to be dying in any of them.

03-27-12, 10:59 PM (EST)
58. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Yeah, if he'd just gone ahead and died you'd have your answer.

03-27-12, 11:08 PM (EST)
59. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
You really believe he didn't wimp out? Every thing we know about his pampered life indicates he simply couldn't handle the pain. The doctors couldn't risk a ruptured appendix but we know there weren't any risk of that. An infection is accompanied by fever yet they didn't even talk about that. A wimp I tell you.

03-27-12, 11:55 PM (EST)
61. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
I can fully believe he is a wimp and that he indulged his inner bully once he had the HII. I even speculated in the vote thread that he could easily exaggerate any pain or illness as a result of his pampered life.

Thing is, even if Dr. Ramona had correctly diagnosed a bacterial infection on the island without the proper testing equipment to verify it, he would have had to be pulled from the game. He's not a Samoan with built up resistance and tolerance for some of the exotic nasty bugs out there, and there have been more than a few cases of life-threatening infections requiring hospitalization and sometimes aggressive treatment.

So, a sick guy has a bad night, finally got some sleep, woke up feeling cruddy but at least had gotten some rest. Day stretches on, it is a tropical island, it gets hotter and skankier, he gets worse and worse, ends up slithering into the jungle to lay on the ground in the shade crying for his mama. Meh, it's not a Stephen King novel, not that Stephen King couldn't make a novel of it, one of his lesser efforts but it would still be gnarly.

03-28-12, 07:08 PM (EST)
64. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
If the doctor had made the correct diagnosis they most likely would have monitored his temperature for a few days. I'm telling you; Colon probably only wanted special treatment, he must have remembered Mariano's collapse and heroic return and wanted some of that. Then it all went out of his control.

03-28-12, 07:57 PM (EST)
66. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Just because something is on a list of symptoms that doesn't mean it always works that way, diseases have a way of impacting differently with different people. Just one of the reasons medicine isn't an exact science but more of an art.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-12, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
On one of his post-game interviews, Colton said his "post-game" comments came from after episode 1. Sorry, I can't remember which interview and I don't care enough to do the research now.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-12, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
I thought Adumb was Perv's first flirt ... they were originally on the same tribe, while Nate was on a different one. I remember Perv calling Adumb "her baby monkey".

03-24-12, 07:42 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Adam was with Candice right from the start. Later on Adam wanted both but Parvati pushed him a way, probably calling him a dirty monkey.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-12, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 6 Love/Loathe List"
Oh, it certainly wasn't a "dirty monkey" but more of an affectionate "baby monkey" complete with a head massage/skritch from Parv.

03-28-12, 11:09 AM (EST)
63. "Tallies"
Kim - 11|1.833...
Troy "Troyzan" - 15|2.5
Sabrina - 25|4.166...
Chelsea - 26|4.333...
Jay - 31|5.166...
Jonas - 31|5.166...
Christina - 37|6.166...
Kat - 48|8
Leif - 48|8
Michael - 59|9.833...
Greg "Tarzan" - 65|10.833...
Alicia - 72|12

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •