The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Colton"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-12, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Colton"
In all of my years of watching Survivor I have never been so disgusted by a player as I am with Colton. This guy makes Naonka look like an angel. Colton's complete ignorance, lack of acceptance and refusal to even tolerate a person who is from a different background than himself is unfathomable.

From the first episode I didn't like Colton. I found him completely ignorant and childish. But this display tonite just has me undone. When he originally said Bill's goofy voice and incessant talking got on his nerves... I got it. But his true reasons and true colors came out tonite. He doesn't like Bill because he is from a different background? Really...? I'm with Jeff... smells like veiled racism to me.

Granted this kid must come from a pretty isolated community in ALABAMA that tolerates his whinny effeminate personality. I've been to Alabama.... he is not the norm. Not that long ago he would've been run out of the state or found dead on the side of the road for being openly gay there. By sending him to an elite private school and sheltering him from the real world, his parents have done him no favors.

Kudos to Bill though.... he is a class act. I hope he gets an up in his career after Survivor. Colton will get his comeuppance, of that I am certain. He is an ignorant bully. Someone needs to give him a Gay American History lesson. Maybe then he will be more tolerant and stop judging people on superficial things.

One last thing..... why didn't those other men call him out on the crap he was saying? No real man I know would've sat silent listening to that mess.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Colton PepeLePew13 03-08-12 1
   RE: Colton jasonkola 03-09-12 2
   RE: Colton TxMom2011 03-09-12 8
       RE: Colton Wacko Jacko 03-09-12 12
 RE: Colton dabo 03-09-12 3
   RE: Colton MissMyth 03-12-12 23
       RE: Colton dabo 03-12-12 24
           RE: Colton MissMyth 03-12-12 26
               RE: Colton dabo 03-13-12 27
 RE: Colton AaronLittleton 03-09-12 4
   RE: Colton TxMom2011 03-09-12 7
 RE: Colton SOAR64 03-09-12 5
   RE: Colton TxMom2011 03-09-12 6
       RE: Colton jbug 03-09-12 9
           RE: Colton jasonkola 03-09-12 10
               RE: Colton jbug 03-09-12 11
                   RE: Colton SOAR64 03-09-12 13
                       RE: Colton Toban 03-09-12 16
   RE: Colton michel 03-10-12 18
       RE: Colton SOAR64 03-12-12 22
           RE: Colton michel 03-12-12 25
               RE: Colton SOAR64 03-13-12 28
                   RE: Colton michel 03-13-12 29
                       RE: Colton iltarion 03-13-12 30
                           RE: Colton michel 03-13-12 31
                       RE: Colton jbug 03-14-12 32
                           RE: Colton SOAR64 03-14-12 33
                               RE: Colton michel 03-14-12 34
 One for the Discworlders. Estee 03-09-12 14
 RE: Colton Jims02 03-09-12 15
   RE: Colton Estee 03-10-12 17
 RE: Colton michel 03-10-12 19
   RE: Colton iltarion 03-11-12 20
 RE: Colton funkyfitfreak 03-11-12 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-12, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Colton"

>One last thing..... why didn't those
>other men call him out
>on the crap he was
>saying? No real man
>I know would've sat silent
>listening to that mess.

I'm with you on that last bit ... in the real world, that is. But these guys are out there to win a million bucks, so they're going to shut up for the most part if it will help them get further in the game and get a chance to win. The savvy ones know that Colton could be the perfect goat to take along to the final Tribal Council where he probably doesn't have a prayer of winning.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-12, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Colton"
Yes I agree he really rubs me the wrong way as well. I have disliked him from the vary first time I watched his introduction promo's. Just everything about him is just wrong. He is a spoiled rich boy who says he dose not believe in hand outs yet I bet he has never worked a day in his life. His whole life is a hand out. The only other person in survivor history I have disliked as much as Colton was Russhole Hanze for some different reasons but I believe my distaste for Colton has now surpassed that of Russell.

03-09-12, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Colton"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

You're right. I guess in my outrage I forgot all about the game. Still, I don't think these men are savvy players anyway. Leif should've just LIED and said he didnt tell Bill he was next. (of course he shouldn't have told him in the first place) None of them should've gone along with giving up tribal immunity and the other sane people should've banded together to vote out Tarzan and flush out Colton's idol. I know he is a good goat, but I just dont think Im going to enjoy the rest of the season listening to this guy insult people. I'm just waiting for a little people remark.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-09-12, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Colton"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12
>AT 11:04 AM (EST)

>
>You're right. I guess in
>my outrage I forgot all
>about the game. Still,
>I don't think these men
>are savvy players anyway.
>Leif should've just LIED and
>said he didnt tell Bill
>he was next. (of course
>he shouldn't have told him
>in the first place)
>None of them should've gone
>along with giving up tribal
>immunity and the other sane
>people should've banded together to
>vote out Tarzan and flush
>out Colton's idol. I
>know he is a good
>goat, but I just dont
>think Im going to enjoy
>the rest of the season
>listening to this guy insult
>people. I'm just waiting
>for a little people remark.
>

Waiting for the "little people" remark. Did you miss the first half of the episode? He called Lief a Munchkin and an Oompa Loompa. Is that not strong enough?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Colton"
Monroeville is, first of all, a city not a small town, but in Colton's census I guess he counts only the people that matter.

Yes, Bill turned out to be a classy guy, and I wish him success in his career.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-12, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Colton"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-12 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

6,500 doesn't seem like a very big city. It's twice as big as mine, but still.

03-12-12, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Colton"
Size is relative. Monroeville is the seat of government in Monroe County. All of the other towns in the county have populations only in the hundreds, now them's some right small towns. And Monroeville isn't off the beaten path, it has an active tourist industry owing to having been the hometown of both Truman Capote and Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird).

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-12, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Colton"
Harper Lee, Truman Capote.........

and Colton.

There is surely some grave spinning going on.

03-13-12, 01:48 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Colton"
LOL! Thing is, I can well believe Colton himself has spent much of his life in rarified atmospheres, but not because he comes from an isolated community from the backwaters of 'Bama.

Monroeville is not isolated, it is a tourist site on the road to Gulf Shores. Colton just doesn't associate much with those below his class.

And his view that those in his class are better, not susceptible to racism or other -isms, than all others, is simply naive, he's preposterous. He reflects some of those -isms himself even if he doesn't realize it.

AaronLittleton 123 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AaronLittleton Click to send private message to AaronLittleton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Colton"
Hi TxMom

I imagine what you shared here is similar to what lots of other people must be thinking! I'm glad Jeff didn't ignore it, and tried to flesh it out a bit. Although, what went down sounded more like classism to me. Not meaning to split hairs though. Especially since ALL "-ism"s stem from self-loathing. Personally, that's what I see every time Colton speaks. He's a self-loathing person (regardless of whatever labels he's been putting on himself or others)

As for Bill, he's far more beyond the "-ism"s than Colton. And I think if this weren't a "game" then many of the other men would've spoken up. I also think Bill's career will do just fine. I hope he uses this as material in his act (ala Kathy Griffin) and flip this unfortunate turn of events into his own future fortune.

03-09-12, 10:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Colton"
<<<Although, what went down sounded more like classism to me.>>>

Classism is a good description. But in Alabama I'm not sure it isn't the same thing.

SOAR64 136 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Colton"
I personally find the character that Colton is playing to be offensive and revolting. But, I believe that each survivor contestant assumes a role which is relative to the story line that the producers want presented to the viewers. If Colton has convinced everyone that he is who he pretends to be, then he is very good at acting. He is very good at the visual, and verbal presentation he makes. Consider this, if you were one of the producers of Survivor, would you want to leave to chance what the viewers see, or would you inform the contestants of what you would like the viewers to see? Some of the survivor contestants both past and present are very good at improv. By allowing the producers to create a story line for the contestants to follow without having writters who belong to the writters union, the show is able to legally say that the show is not scripted. I have worked in the film industry in the past and have a working knowledge how it works.

03-09-12, 10:50 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Colton"
Well if he is playing the role of an ignorant azz... he deserves the Emmy. But I am more inclined to think he is just being himself.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Colton"
I agree. There may be times when production sees or hears something and runs with it - encouraging contestants to continue and asking questions in confessionals to get them to say things they might not otherwise say.
(We've seen a lot in The Biggest Loser this season along those lines.)
What we're seeing of Colton is who and what he really is.

And altho the other men may be thinking of the game by not calling Colton out, I don't think they think about the game in every minute - just like Lief wasn't thinking of his position in the game when he talked to Bill.
By going along with the bully, they are showing that they are followers - not leaders. Just like IRL when bullys have those that follow them.

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-12, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Colton"
I agree with Soar64 This show is scripted to some extent. I have thought this for 4 or 5 years now. There is just too many things that happen that are just unrealistic. I believe that some of the players may even be hired actors. I think none of the explayers are allowed to talk about it because of their contract.

I also believe that scumbags like Russell and Colton are exactly what CBS wants. They create a lot of drama and controversy and people hate the guy. People tune in every week hoping to see that scumbag blind sided and voted off. It helps keep the show more exciting and full of drama which in tern helps keep the ratings up. If the show becomes boring the ratings will drop so CBS dose what it knows will stir up the drama and controversy which is cast and script a villain that every one will hate.

03-09-12, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Colton"
I realize that there has to be some scripting;
when a challenge cuts to a confessional - & that person is in different clothing & a different location - obviously they didn't stop the challenge to film the confessional.
So yes, after it's over, they set up the confessionals & tell them what they want them to talk about; even so far as "putting words in their mouths" to a degree.

This happens on every reality show.

03-09-12, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Colton"
I remember one time on the show "Little People Big World" about the Roloff family and their experience being Little People, their was a picture taken of the wife setting at a table. On the table to the side it could be clearly seen a piece of paper which said "Shooting Script". My problem with Colton presenting himself as a bigited person who has a problem with blacks and little people is what he says or does may influence younger people who watch the show. We have enough bulleying in schools today without someone promoting it on national TV. I would hope that Mark Burnett and his production company would understand that by pretending that the show is real and not scripted, they are just promoting the idea that that type of behavior is O.K. I believe that many of us who have followed Survivor from the begining have problems with accepting the possibility that the show may not be what we once thought it was. I still love to watch the show, but I now question the way things happen on the show.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Colton"
I can't see how Colton's treatment of Bill or Leif could in any way "promote" bullying if kids were watching. To the contrary, his edit has so negative, that I can't possibly see how anyone would want to emulate his behaviour. As for casting the likes of Colton, these people exist in real life and I'd rather have racism/classism exposed and ridiculed than swept under the carpet.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-12, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Colton"
I have exchanged with enough Survivors at Sucks or POS (Jenna, Lil, Eliza, Cirie, Adam, Yau Man, Kathleen, Jill to name a few) to say that they aren't acting. And I'm one of those that believes SEG intervenes a LOT with the game but not to the point of feeding them all the lines. It's much more subtle than that.

03-12-12, 07:50 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Colton"
The fact that former contestants have to sign a contract including penalties that they will not disclose what happened during the filming of their shows is another clue that the show may be staged and scripted. I understand that contestants should not reveal any information after the filming up to the point that all the episodes as well as the final reunion show is shown, but it serves no purpose to continue after that has happened. For heavens sake, it's just a television show, not the mafia or organized crime where no one is allowed to speak. Most viewers would continue to watch the show if Mark Burnet would allow former contestants to discuss what goes on during filming.

03-12-12, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Colton"
The fact that some constestants already broke their agreement by spoiling seasons that they were on, I'd have to believe someone would have said something if everything was staged. Take Hatch: Wouldn't he have used that knwoledge as leverage to get out of jail?

I mean, there are many examples of manipulations but saying everything is pre-set is stretching it.

03-13-12, 08:04 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Colton"
Not everything is staged. But when the camera crew sets up a shot and tells two of the survivors, that they need to film a disagreement and confrontation between the two of them, of course the two will improv an argument hoping to catch the eye of a casting agent. Richard Hatch is dealing with the IRS and the FBI. He knows the least said the best. Besides, how do we know that he may have said something about the show, but the Judge just will not allow it to be made public. The contestants on so called reality shows are only acting out a character role. The fact that people believe them is due to the fact that we who watch these shows want to believe it. In order to film a storyline on an island with 18 people, it has to be pre planed. Otherwise,it would be chaos.

03-13-12, 05:25 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Colton"
What's wrong with chaos?

I talked about contestants spoiling the show but there were also staff members doing it. For example, Snewser was able to call practically every boot and the winners from Season 4 to Season 10. He admitted he got the info from someone inside the show. If there was pre-planning on the scale you are assuming, don't you think that a disgruntled employee would have said something by now? It's been 12 years and no one has said anything.

And we know what Hatch told the judge: He was supposed to have an agreement with CBS to pay his taxes because he caught some staffers giving food to some players. Don't you think he would have used the additional ammo you assume?

What about someone as rich as Jimmy Johnson who was an ardent fan of the show but just happens to work for FOX. Wouldn't he tell FOX that, without a doubt, a hit show from their main competitor is rigged if he had been told what to do? Don't you think FOX would pay the $5 Million in penalty if they could air that revelation on their news show?

LIke I said, I've exchanged posts with many players and most say they'd go back because the game is so fun it becomes addictive. It wouldn't fun at all if it was scripted. Were they angling for appearance fees? Some of them were very well off and didn't need the money that bad.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-13-12, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Colton"

michel is right. It is all more subtle than that.

There are 4 ways that production keeps control of the story:

1) casting - self-explanatory.

2) challenges - many challenges can be easily fixed to provide a desired outcome.

3) the HII - either through easy clues or crew hints the HII can easily be guided into the right hands. The HII remains the most powerful in-game tool that production has to create a story or craft a particular one.

4) the edit - the edit is easily the most powerful out of game tool that production has. With it, contestants can be made villains or heroes to suitably fit the story.

>

03-13-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Colton"
Exactly.

I'd even add one more: Tribe Formation including the swaps.

03-14-12, 10:04 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Colton"
That's my Michel!
I figure the staff puts ideas into their heads, and even contrive to set up controversy.
But scripts for what to say? I don't think they have teleprompters.

03-14-12, 10:51 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Colton"
Not teleprompters, they are ask to improv the story line. It is an excellent chance for the survivors to try to impress any casting directors who may be watching their performances. The show is just one long audition opportunity for them.I truly wish that everything we watched on the show was honest and pure, but that just is not how it is done when ever Mark Burnet has millions of dollars invested in the making of the show.

03-14-12, 07:22 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Colton"
You didn't address the problem that Jimmy Johnson poses to your theory. Or do you think he was angling for a better job?!!!!!!!

And any casting director watching Survivor for their next movie or television series must really be out of options!!!!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "One for the Discworlders."
For the remainder of the season, I will occasionally refer to Colton as Lord Ronald Rust.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Colton"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

Colton is probably the most unlikeable person to ever play the game of Survivor. And that is quite a feat, given some of the people we have sat through in previous seasons.

He might be worse than all of the Big Brother contestants too. Maybe.

In college, I was actually friends with someone like Colton. He wasn't a homosexual, but he did have similar views about class and poor people. He came from an affluent family, never holding a job in his life, and then in college would preach about lazy welfare people who won't go out and get jobs. The difference with this guy and Colton is that this guy 1) was at least self-deprecating about it and 2) didn't treat his poorer colleagues like cattle. I could see that he was still kind of living in a bubble (even at college), but he was at least open enough to get to know many different kinds of people.

Colton, on the other hand, is just a snobby douchebag who has deluded himself into thinking he lives in some utopia. Man, Alabama clearly must be the worst place ever, for Colton (and family) to self-isolate themselves like that.

Y'know, when I read Estee's Survivor fic, I thought to myself, "There's no way someone as cartoonishly evil like Connie could ever be put on network TV."

...I was wrong.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-12, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Colton"
I know someone was just insulted, but I'm not completely sure who.

Colton is on the verge of growing a mustache just so he can wax and twirl the ends.

03-10-12, 06:05 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Colton"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-12 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

Jerri, Silas, Brandon, Sean, Fairplay, Ami, Judd, Rocky, Dreamz, Shambo, Russell, Ben, Na'Onka, Phillip... There's a new worse ever all the time. I won't give Colton the satisfaction of putting him up there.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-11-12, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Colton"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

I don't think Colton is nearly the worst person to be on this show.

He is a spoiled child who was given a shred of power. The results are predictable.

We have seen some bonafide mean people on this show, including just recently: Corinne, Randy and Na'onka.

I don't think Colton is mean-spirited at all. I think he is just ignorant.

>

funkyfitfreak 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-11-12, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail funkyfitfreak Click to send private message to funkyfitfreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Colton"
I kind of have to agree. Colton is an arrogrant piece of work. Clearly he doesn't like being judged by others but is okay to do it to other people. What a hypocrite. I hope he goes soon.

I hope a tribe switch happens and lets see if his behaviour changes.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •