The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The PMS ratings: One World."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-12, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The PMS ratings: One World."
I figured I'd make the argument numeric. Rank this season's contestants on a 1-10 scale in the following categories:

Physical includes: performance in activity-based challenges (and public perception as a challenge threat), the amount of sheer gruntwork contributed to the tribe, raw strength and endurance.

Mental incorporates: understanding of both the game's dynamics and the players in it, logic-based plays, performance in thought-based challenges, game innovation, knowledge of local environment and hazards, idol usage (where applicable), raw intelligence and perception.

Social can factor in: the ability to construct and maintain alliances, emotion-based plays, food providing (more of a social play than anything else), relationships with other players, the capacity for gaining forgiveness, raw charisma and presence.

The season's cast list, in boot order:

Kourtney Moon
Nina Acosta
Matt Quinlan
Bill Posley
Monica Culpepper
Colton Cumbie
Jonas Otsuji
Michael Jefferson
Jay Byars
Leif Manson
Troy "Troyzan" Robertson
Kat Edorsson
Greg "Tarzan" Smith
Alicia Rosa
Christina Cha
Chelsea Meissner
Sabrina Thompson
Kim Spradlin

Remember: these are extremely subjective. This is your personal perception for the contestant, and ratings are going to vary. Based on prior history, people generally manage to agree on player names... Regardless, rank 'em and then rank on 'em to justify the numbers. It's sort of cleansing.

There's a lot to cleanse.

Colton's Social number is going to be fascinating.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I'll Bite! michel 05-20-12 1
   RE: I'll Bite! iltarion 05-21-12 2
       RE: I'll Bite! Estee 05-21-12 3
       RE: I'll Bite! Belle Book 05-21-12 4
           RE: I'll Bite! michel 05-21-12 5
               RE: I'll Bite! iltarion 05-21-12 6
                   RE: I'll Bite! iltarion 05-21-12 7
                   RE: I'll Bite! michel 05-21-12 8
                       RE: I'll Bite! iltarion 05-21-12 9
                           RE: I'll Bite! michel 05-21-12 10
                               RE: I'll Bite! iltarion 05-21-12 12
                                   RE: I'll Bite! michel 05-22-12 14
                           RE: I'll Bite! PepeLePew13 05-21-12 11
               RE: I'll Bite! Belle Book 05-22-12 13
 RE: The PMS ratings: One World. Aruba 05-22-12 15
   RE: The PMS ratings: One World. iltarion 05-23-12 16
       RE: The PMS ratings: One World. byoffer 05-23-12 17
   RE: The PMS ratings: One World. michel 05-23-12 18
       RE: The PMS ratings: One World. iltarion 05-23-12 19
           RE: The PMS ratings: One World. Aruba 05-26-12 23
       RE: The PMS ratings: One World. Aruba 05-26-12 22
 RE: The PMS ratings: One World. dabo 05-24-12 20
   RE: The PMS ratings: One World. iltarion 05-24-12 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-12, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I'll Bite!"
This is not only subjective but not even definitve as I would probably change many if I did the list another day! However, it's always fun to compare with others.
BTW, where's your list Estee?

Kourtney Moon: (1,2,2)
Physical: She was really unkourtneyted
Mental: We really have no data
Social: She seemed to set herself apart from the start.

Nina Acosta: (1,1,4)
Physical: A bag of rocks.
Mental: She knew she was outside the alliance but she kept her profession a secret when it could have been her lifejacket
Social: At least, she made some members of the alliance question if they should keep her.

Matt Quinlan: (4,1,1)
Physical: Sure he had the muscles but what did he do with them?
Mental: 4 < 5
Social: The worse is that his 4 was purely imaginary as Jay and Bill were in an alliance with Troy and Jonas.

Bill Posley: (3,1,7)
Physical: He lost the men's first challenge.
Mental: Why give up immunity? Even his plan to get Colton could have waited.
Social: I think most of the tribe liked him and even the women said he was hilarious. Being hated by an ignorant a-hole

Monica Culpepper (7,7,7)
Physical: Impressive.
Mental: She had found a way to stay despite the women's alliance but fell victim to a swap.
Social: She understood that players need a mother figure. She simply was the wrong type of mother for that a-hole.

Piece of Garbage (1,1,1)
Physical: Chet-like
Mental: How was he expecting to get votes?
Social: Are you really asking?

Jonas Otsuji (6,2,6)
Physical: Since you include work in camp. In challenges he showed nothing in particular though.
Mental: He thought that guy was smart? Jonas should have stayed with his original alliance and booted his mentor. And he is the one that enabled the immunity give-away
Social: If his side had taken over, he probably gets most votes.

Michael Jefferson (7,1,3)
Physical: He did well in a few challenges and supplied fish
Mental: Stealing supplies was dumb
Social: He stayed on the periphery of the game and its alliances

Jay Byars(9,2,8)
Physical: Making fire has to count for a lot.
Mental: He could have reasoned Colton. He wasn't able to read Kim at all.
Social: Everyone liked him.

Leif Manson (5,4,4)
Physical: He was strong but it didn't do him mucg good
Mental: The players saw him as wishy-washy.
Social: Everyone liked him also but it turned against him.

Troy "Troyzan" Robertson (7,3,4)
Physical: For someone that needed immunity, he didn't score well.
Mental: Same as Jay but he did read Kim a little better.
Social: His aggresiveness killed any chance he had at getting a woman to vote with him.

Kat Edorsson (4,1,7)
Physical: Started off bad, ended up a bit better.
Mental: I would love to listen to a debate between her and BB's Jordan!
Social: Her social game kept her in at the start, it got her booted at the end!

Greg "Tarzan" Smith (2,6,5)
Physical: Maybe 20 years ago but he did work once Jonas left.
Mental: Understood how to prolong his game enough to outlast the guys
Social: It was so bad that it was good...for Survivor

Alicia Rosa (4,4,3)
Physical: Not bad.
Mental: Who was more delusional? Her or Matt? But her strategy was better as she got in on both tribes.
Social: She wasn't disliked by most of the other players.

Christina Cha (2,5,4)
Physical: Whether strategy or ineptitude, she was only good in a couple of challenges
Mental: Telling Troyzan about the split vote was smart. So was playing "nice" but she needed to be more aggressive at the end
Social: The outsider throughout the pre-merge, she only got an in because Kim needed her vote.

Chelsea Meissner (6,6,6)
Physical: Surprisingly poor in some key challenges but great with chickens!
Mental: She needed to have Kim tell her what to think
Social: She was so worried about hurting people that she didn't let them get to know her.

Sabrina Thompson (2,6,9)
Physical: It's good not to look too strong but being seen as the slacker is terrible
Mental: Kept her focus even if she was unaware at times about just how close she came to be voted out.
Social: Her strong point

Kim Spradlin (8,10,9)
Physical: The opposition wasn't great but she stole the show
Mental: That's how you play Survivor
Social: She was very well liked, everybody wanted to be on "Team-Kim"...before she booted them all! Maybe she could have told Mike that he was going.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-12, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I'll Bite!"

Estee's list? I was also wondering.

Pretty unfair to rate the early boots considering they had little chance to show their true wares, but I will do it anyway.

KOURTNEY
P: 1 - The women already declared her among the weakest there.
M: 5 - Who knows? No time to tell. I'll be generous and say she would have been average because that's how I roll.
S: 4 - Seemed likable. But she foolishly seemed determined to alienate herself.

NINA
P: 6 - Fairly strong and a hard worker. Neither IC loss she had hand in were because of her. Her strength impressed Chelsea.
M: 5 - Again, who knows? She was in the minority at the start due to obvious reasons.
S: 4 - Might have been dealt a bad hand. Regardless, did nothing to improve it.

MATT
P: 7 - Did work around camp. Was 2 of 3 in ICs while he was there. Would have been #1 perceived challenge threat.
M: 7 - Game impressed many people based off comments from the F4. Forming an alliance of the strong was a smart move. Having Colton as the secret 5th was as well.
S: 3 - His social game destroyed everything else. Came off poorly and quickly made enemies.

BILL
P: 6 - Did his share of the work. Was 6 of 8 in challenges while he was there.
M: 5 - Really couldn't tell how much he was into strategy. It wasn't in his edit.
S: 5 - Well-liked guy but didn't form the alliances that could have protected him.

MONICA
P: 8 - Strong woman and hard worker.
M: 5 - She knew how to play but couldn't work out of being left out of the majority.
S: 5 - Was well-liked but did nothing to protect herself.

COLTON
P: 3 - Actually wasn't useless in tribe challenges. Did zero work though.
M: 6 - After his idiotic first 3 days, he actually recovered to control the game and be responsible for 3 consecutive boots. Only Kim is responsible for more.
S: 1 - Had zero chance to win even if he could have went far.

JONAS
P: 5 - Worked very hard but was only average at challenges.
M: 6 - Had a good grasp of the game, but perhaps outthought himself. Circumstance made him an easy target postmerge.
S: 8 - Very well-liked. Troy and Jay abandoning him spelled the end of the men.

MIKE
P: 8 - Targeted because of his physicality.
M: 5 - Didn't get that kind of edit. None of his alliances stuck.
S: 4 - None of the men trusted him.

JAY
P: 8 - Great at camp. Good in challenges.
M: 4 - Played hard, but I have no idea how he couldn't tell the women had no intention of booting Alicia. Kat and Kim practically gave it away when he confronted them about it.
S: 7 - Formed some big alliances and was well-liked.

LEIF
P: 5 - Decent worker and tried hard in challenges.
M: 1 - No game that was included in the edit.
S: 3 - Fell into a couple alliances that only protected him briefly.

TROY
P: 7 - Hard worker and tough competitor.
M: 6 - Knew the game and played hard but made several mental errors. Should have sided with the bulk plus Jonas in the first place. Shouldn't have given up Jonas after merge, especially after Christina told he and Jay that she was a free agent. Failed to keep Jay on his side when he knew Kim was lying, and lastly, hysterics at challenges set the women against him.
S: 5 - Was well-liked among the men and like Jay made a couple big alliances, but he never seemed to grasp that he needed the women to win.

KAT
P: 5 - Failed mentally, not physically, at challenges.
M: 3 - Knew to stick with the women. That's about it. Got played.
S: 6 - Liked enough that she was a target.

TARZAN
P: 4 - Actually wasn't that bad, though his only individual accomplishment was beating Troy.
M: 7 - Plan of riding Colton to the end wasn't a bad one. Lasted long after Colton was medivaced.
S: 3 - Couldn't help himself. Had little chance of winning even if he got to the end.

ALICIA
P: 5 - Not shown doing a lot of work. Not terrible at challenges.
M: 6 - Knew how to play. Just couldn't get past her own delusions of self.
S: 4 - Not likely to win even if she made the end.

CHRISTINA
P: 4 - We saw her working several times around camp, but she was pretty bad in challenges.
M: 6 - She went UTR after narrowly avoiding being the first boot. She was smart and magnanimous enough to align with Alicia even after her harsh treatment. Did what it took to nearly make the end.
S: 3 - Just couldn't get anyone's loyalty or respect.

CHELSEA
P: 6 - Great to have around camp and in tribal challenges. Underperformed in ICs.
M: 6 - Knew what she was doing. Helped her alliance get to the end. Foiled by her social game. Realized her mistakes before the end and accepted the result.
S: 5 - Everyone thought her social game made her a threat, but in the end it wasn't as good as the two ladies sitting next to her.

SABRINA
P: 3 - Looks like a strong woman but it didn't show in any of the challenges. Was rumored to do little around camp.
M: 7 - Did as much as anyone to destroy the men by giving Colton the HII. She said she considered giving it to Jonas. If she would have, Colton is the likely first boot. The men don't forfeit immunity, and everything changes. Big error was believing she might be able to beat Kim at the end.
S: 8 - Got two votes because of her social game.

KIM
P: 7 - Great results but overrated. Didn't win a challenge until everyone stronger was gone, and her challenge wins included a ring toss, an endurance test where the thinnest person wins, and the strangest contraption to ever make a final IC. Worked around camp, I imagine, but wasn't shown doing a lot of it. Got her done, though.
M: 9 - Made a couple mistakes, most notably wanting to keep Kat around, which could have given Alicia the firepower to change the end. However, also played one of the best strategic games we've ever seen. I withhold the 10 only because no great moves were ever needed. She was given the breaks that allowed her to coast through the majority of the game.
S: 10 - This is truly where Kim was at her best. She might not have been as well liked as JT, but she was as masterfully connected as Parvati and even better respected.

>

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-12, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I'll Bite!"
Creating a list would mean having watched the full season without missing a beat. My severe Colton allergies kicked in early.

*achoo*

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-12, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I'll Bite!"
I'll have to watch the whole series from beginning to end on YouTube before I can do rankings on all of them, but from what I read I can give Kim a (temporary) PMS rating:

I'd also give Kim a 7 rating for the Physical aspect. She won quite a few Immunity Challenges, but they were only near the end (although to be fair to her, she certainly didn't give her all for that one challenge with the food temptations, largely because she had the numbers and didn't need to win it). I might actually give her a 7.5 if I could do so.

I'm going with Michel and giving Kim a 10 rating. Sure, no great moves were ever needed but that was in part because she often made sure no great moves were ever needed. She was in control for most of the game! And I'd give Kim a 10 for the social game as well. She shone there as well.

05-21-12, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'll Bite!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-12 AT 10:49 AM (EST)

No great moves? The way she outwitted Troyzan into voting out Mike was a classic, rarely seen, moment of a grand master at work. Troy actually wanted Mike gone after she had completely fooled him.

AND, if that wasn't enough, she did the same with Alicia when she convinced her to eliminate Tarzan.

And what about her ability to convince Chelsea to appear as the badass, telling her to take her heart out of the game. Another manipulation that earned her the win.

As for the Kat boot, she didn't make a mistake because she did eliminate Kat. Her hesitation was quite natural bercause Kat was much, much closer to her and Chelsea than to Alicia.

05-21-12, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'll Bite!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-12 AT 06:29 PM (EST)

I said no great moves were "needed."

Troy wanted Mike gone from Day 1, per both of them.

The women had a 6-5 advantage at that point AND Tarzan, Leif and Troy all wanted Mike gone. The "seed" she planted with Troy was completely unnecessary. It made for a good edit, but in actuality was meaningless.

Kim convincing Alicia to get rid of Tarzan was her best move. However, Kim won the ICs after that. SO, Kim still wins even if she never makes that move.

Kim told Chelsea to take her heart out of her decisions. She never told her to make no personal connections. That was Chelsea's miscalculation. She played for a bitter jury and hoped to stay out of the firing line. That was a mistake because of Kim's social game.

Kim booted Kat because Chelsea, Sabrina and Alicia forced her to. Alicia won the next IC. If they had booted Sabrina, as Kim wanted, Kim would have been vulnerable for the blindside.

Kim was in the majority on Day 1. She was in the majority after the tribal switch. She had two GREAT partners who stayed loyal even when faced with likely defeat. She played an all time great game. True, but she also got some big breaks that made it easier for her.

Kim has said herself, she "got lucky." Modesty, yes, but also true.

>

05-21-12, 06:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I'll Bite!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-12 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

Actually, as is often the case, Kim's greatest move was picking Chelsea and Sabrina as the F3 from Day 1. I don't think any winner has had two better alliance mates than those two.

>

05-21-12, 08:19 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I'll Bite!"
"Troy wanted Mike gone from Day 1, per both of them."

But, at that time, Troy was insisting on eliminating a girl in order for Kim to prove her loyalty. Troy doesn't vote against Mike unless she plants that seed and he had the immunity idol to save Mike if he had seen that Kim was setting him up. It was brilliant and not just editing.

Kim was quite slow in the F5 IC; she was last off the rope net and then had trouble solving the combination lock. Tarzan could have beaten her. You can't say for sure he wouldn't. Besides, Kim couldn't know if the next challenge would have required upper body strength, something that favors a man, any man, Tarzan included. She had to boot him then. Great manipulation.

Every winner needed luck so that point is moot. Even Brian. Even Rob.

05-21-12, 10:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I'll Bite!"

Kim didn't need Troy to vote for Mike.

The women were 6-5 at that point and Tarzan and Leif would have gladly voted for Mike.

That gives her 8 votes to split the vote 5-3 and assure Mike was gone even if the HII was played.

Of course, it isn't like Troy would have given Mike his HII anyway, hahaha... I mean, come on.

And it is also very unlikely that Jay would have voted outside the majority.

Plus, forget splitting the vote. Kim could have just told Troy and Jay that they were voting for Alicia, and then told the women to vote for MIke. That would have worked just as well.

Voting for Mike was a no brainer. The edit, of course, tried to add as much strategy and drama as they could to it, but 2 seconds after Jonas was sent packing, I turned to my wife and said Mike was next. I also posted that immediately on these boards as well.

The women had the numbers advantage and could vote out whoever they wanted. It made sense to go after the strongest male.

Salani was also up 7-4 on Manono, making it easy enough for Kim and Chelsea to tell Troy and Jay that it was a good time to get rid of the biggest challenge threat.

If the men wouldn't hold together to save Jonas who was universally liked and aligned with Troy and Jay, like they would stick together to protect Mike.

No way. Mike was the most predictable boot of this entire season. Only winning the IC would have saved him.

>

05-21-12, 10:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I'll Bite!"
"The women were 6-5 at that point and Tarzan and Leif would have gladly voted for Mike.
That gives her 8 votes to split the vote 5-3 and assure Mike was gone even if the HII was played."

And everyone would have said that THIS was a great move.

"Kim could have just told Troy and Jay that they were voting for Alicia, and then told the women to vote for MIke. That would have worked just as well."

Which again, would have been a great move.

You know, trying to say that she didn't make a great move by describing how she could have gotten the same result with other great moves kinda kills your position!

Face it; the way she got rid of Mike was brilliant. The fact that she had other options just showed how strong a position she had built for herself. But this was the most economical way: Get the Salani men to turn on Mike.

Also, you forget that her way kept Jay in her pocket. Your alternatives wouldn't. Keeping Jay's trust was pivotal in learning that Troy was playing his idol. That's how you recognize a great move: The way it was done helped further down the road.

Kim playing Troy also boosted all the women's confidence and trust in her.

05-21-12, 11:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I'll Bite!"

So, booting someone who everyone wanted gone is a great move??

And, no, actually, if there are 10 different ways to boot someone, then any single way would not be considered great. It would be considered 1 of 10.

Now, if there was only 1 way possible to boot someone, then THAT would be a great move.

True, her way did keep Jay's trust, which might have been important if Tarzan wasn't already with the women. Since Tarzan was, Kim had enough votes to split and take care of the HII with no threat.

>

05-22-12, 06:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I'll Bite!"
Everyone would have wanted Mike gone at F7, not F10. Getting out that early was a great move because, as Kim said, he was the only one that Troy could accept giving up. Out of all the ways she could have gotten him out, this was the most efficient, the less bloody AND she got his vote in the end = GREAT MOVE.

"Since Tarzan was"

But how could she have possibly trusted him so early on? Jay, she had time to size up, not Tarzan who was both smarter and more inclined to lie.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I'll Bite!"
Don't forget that if Troy didn't feel like he was on board with Kim there and continued to press the issue that a girl should be booted to even out the numbers, who's to say he wouldn't have worked on Christina to pull her over?

But yeah, this was shown to further reinforce Kim's ability to work over different people in different situations in camp - the bigger move was to get Jonas out, sure, and I also like that this move on Troy had the effect of building even more trust amongst the six women still in the game then.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-22-12, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I'll Bite!"
In that case, it seemed liked no great moves were neeeded. Actually, there may have been some great moves, but Kim made them look easy.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-12, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
Giving a physical grade is a challenge considering this season's challenges had to be among the most physically lamest I can remember.

KOURTNEY
P: N/A - Virtually impossible to give her a physical grade breaking her arm so early in the game. And I would blame her lack of mental for this injury.
M: 2 - Had she listened to Jeff, no injury occurs. Yes, I know, no one listened to Jeff, but she's the one who paid dearly for it.
S: 1 - She shows up on a 100 degree Polynesian beach wearing an Elmer Fudd-like hat and she showcases enough body art to make an ink master drool. She may as well had jumped off the P/U truck with a neon sign over her head saying "MISFIT."

NINA
P: 5 - Contributed around camp and was not the physical weak link...a distinction most of the older women have in this game.
M: 4 - She knew she was obviously at risk, and whereas targeting Kat fresh off her bimbo-headed debacle in the last IC seemed to make sense, it's a bad move forcing the rest of the tribe to choose between the oldest woman and a popular young girl.
S: 4 - With this season's female cast coupled with the greatest divide in Reality Shows, she started with two strikes against her. Her best shot was to play the Mommie role--she didn't.

MATT
P: 7 - Probably too physical for his own good given Production's decisions for this season. Performed well in challenges contributing to Manono's early season dominance.
M: 3 - OK, so the gender divide and the HII twist screwed over his Plan A. Sadly for Matt he had no Plan B.
S: 3 - If you were young and physically fit, he probably was cool to hang with. If you weren't, he had no regard for you.

BILL
P: 5 - Appeared to be fine physically, but nothing to brag about.
M: 1 - The player with the HII hates your guts and he STILL decides to go to TC? Sticking up for the women in an all-male tribe is just plain dumb.
S: 6 - Fairly non-existent up to his boot episode. His social strength came to the forefront after his elimination when A) he exercised enough self-control to not turn around and beat the snot out of Colton, and B) exhibited total class with his parting words.

MONICA
P: 8 - The most physical force among all the women, and even half the men for that matter. Contributed around camp.
M: 6 - As one of the older women, she knew she had to play the Mommie role and that's the angle she played.
S: 6 - Her best quality (physical) proved to be her demise when Colton targeted her with his Anti-Darwin scheme. Can't downgrade her for picking the wrong color egg.

COLTON
P: 1 - Obviously not casted for his "physical" attributes and his actions did nothing to contradict this fact.
M: 2 - Gets no credit for having the HII plopped in his lap. And how it was used was as much a no-brainer as you can get.
S: 1 - I'm not buying his explanations and apologies on the Reunion Show. Socially he's a lost cause.

JONAS
P: 5 - Seemed to hold his own physically.
M: 2 - Complacent to be "Colton's B!tch" is enough for a low grade. But his blowup with Tarzan immediately after the merge was the straw that broke the back of any male advantage post-merge providing the women with the ammo they needed to change the game. One of Troy's "played the game in fear" castaways.
S: 7 - Should be higher for being this season's provider. But I did have him pegged correctly as a "marshmallow" from Day One, and his soft UTR game backfired.

MIKE
P: 8 - Solid physical force. Like Matt, screwed over by the "Battle of the Sexes" theme.
M: 1 - On the Reunion Show he said he thought HE was most at risk and he STILL agrees to go to TC??? Another one of Troy's "played the game in fear" castaways.
S: 3 - What I said for Matt is ditto for Mike. Thus the same grade.

JAY
P: 10 - Starting a fire with just two sticks is ALL about physical. Excellent in the physical aspects of the challenges and pitched in around camp.
M: 2 - Big-n-Dumb. Nuff Said. Another one of Troy's "played the game in fear" castaways.
S: 8 - Very likable individual whom the players seemed to gravitate toward.

LEIF
P: 5 - The dude pulled more than his weight carrying the supplies to camp on Day One. Despite his size was not a liability in challenges.
M: 1 - Never was a castaway so clueless in the game. A Survivor Zombie to the utmost. Another one of Troy's "played the game in fear" castaways.
S: 4 - Generally an all-round decent guy who is not cut out for the game of Survivor.

TROY
P: 8 - Would have benefited a ton more if the challeges were more physical. His performance made you forget the guy's 51-years old. Historically finding the HII ws a mental endeavor. This season it was more physical than anything else.
M: 6 - He gets a "9" for effort but in the end fell short with the results. Had he not been casted with so many castaways playing in fear to survive another day, he could have turned the game around. What should have been a Troy slam dunk boot was a one-vote squeaker due to his scramble with Christina and mentally playing with the girl's minds that he had the HII.
S: 6 - He should get a "20" for Christina wanting to be stranded on a deserted island with him. But his "ball-spiking" and outspokenness drops him to a "6."

KAT
P: 5 - Improved as the season went on but never really struck fear in the hearts of the other competitors.
M: 2 - Her fans will say it's "comic relief," but at the end of the day she's a bubble-headed dingbat. Even by her own admission she's afraid to fail; so you guessed it...just another one of Troy's "playing in fear" castaways.
S: 6 - When one's lack of intelligence can be viewed as comical and endearing, I guess it can help the social game.

TARZAN
P: 2 - Like Colton, not casted for his physical attributes. And, like Colton, did nothing to contradict this fact.
M: 5 - I'm sure the score on his IQ test was off the charts, but his "street smarts" was among the worst ever casted. Viruses like Tarzan and Colton were "found gold" for the women enroute to their end game dominance.
S: 1 - A complete social moron. The two castaways he got along with best were Colton and Alicia. Need I say more???

ALICIA
P: 5 - With a full cast her grade was low. When the game became girls + Tarzan, her stock rose. Key win in the F6 IC, but...
M: 2 - ...she didn't have the smarts to take full advantage of that IC win. Forget her tearful apology...Survivor is just a 39-day chapter in your life; and to make despictable statements you'll have to live with far beyond this 39-day chapter is just plain mentally irresponsible.
S: 3 - Socially she's a mess. It's laughable she thinks she's so "hott." She's what you would call a "2 at 10; 10 at 2" type of gal. For those who need an interpretation: She's the kind of girl you would see in a club or bar at 10pm and rate her a "2"...but after four hours of solid drinking you'd probably give her a "10" at 2am.

CHRISTINA
P: 5 - Not a challange threat. Yet in the most "phyiscal" challenge (lean forward and hang on by grabbing behind you) she did finish an impressive thrid place. Also seemed to contribute well around camp.
M: 5 - Gets a high grade for successfully negotiating for fire, but it's cancelled out by being another one of the "playing in fear" castaways. Laying down her sword at F4 was rightfully criticized.
S: 2 - Being the most frequest answer for all the negative questions speaks for her low social ranking. Would have benefited more with coed tribes, but with the One World gender split theme she never was able to fit in.

CHELSEA
P: 6 - Started out solid in challenges, then petered out toward the end. Falling to pieces when the temperature dropped and the rains came cannot be ignored.
M: 6 - Can't give her a high grade for being hand-picked by Kim to be her loyal soldier. If the object of the game was to find a BFF, she gets a "10." But for putting oneself in the best possible position to WIN, she gets a "6."
S: 6 - Hard to give a high grade after getting completely shut out in the final vote. It's great to be competitive, but her poor sportsmanship when losing cannot be overlooked.

SABRINA
P: 3 - Gotta go with the premise she was lazy around camp. And her poor performances (whether they were on purpose or not) also contribed to her low grade here.
M: 7 - Had the most "street smarts" than anyone this season. Thinking she could beat Kim in the Finals keeps this grade from being higher.
S: 9 - The strongest area of her game. Early in the season, Salani looked toward her to lead. If she sits next to anyone other than Kim or Troy at FTC, her social game wins her a million dollars.

KIM
P: 7 - Dominated the challenges, but AFTER the top challenge threats were Anti-Darwined. Like Troy, found a HII which had nothing to do with mental this season. Production's decision to minimize the physical aspect of the game did not require a high grade here to be successful this season.
M: 9 - Only cink in her armour was winning the dreaded coconut chop RC and the choices she made when she won. Other than that, a perfect mental game.
S: 9 - The polar opposite of Christina--she was the most frequent answer for all the positive questions. Wanted to give her a "10," but a big part of her game was based on lies and deception, so had to ding her a tad for that...especially when you consider a couple former winners were able to win without all that lying and backstabbing. But a well-deserved victory on the strengths of her mental and social games.

OK...unlease the hounds and let's extend this thread!

05-23-12, 02:36 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
I see very little to argue about.

Except for one very minor point..

Alicia would never be a "2" at any time. She actually was bonafide hot at FTC and the reunion.

>

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-12, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
re Alicia, I agree... with Aruba. She is never a bonafide hottie in my books.

2 at 10, 10 at 2 - bwahahaha! (I've heard this referred to as being able to "drink her pretty")

05-23-12, 07:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
Nice list Aruba. I just have to comment about "Playing in fear".

Everybody plays Survivor with a fair amount of fear. They all fear being the first one voted out from the game and/or from their tribe.
(Even Tom said he was afraid that Jolanda would pick him because he knew he wouldn't be able to get along with her and it could get him booted.)

Take Christina for example: She came within seconds of winning that F4 IC. There is absolutely no move that she could have done that would have given her a similar opportunity.

And tell me what did Troyzan do that was different than anyone else BEFORE he realized that he was next on the block. Troyzan, just like Mike and Jay and Leif and Tarzan and Kat was coasting along, happy for the ride that was apparently taking him far. Then the scales came off his eyes and he started scrambling.

You blame Tarzan, Kat, Alicia and Cristina for not jumping aboard Troy's train but he wouldn't have jumped on it either if Alicia had been the one scrambling. We even have proof of that: Jonas said Troyzan ignored his pleas to get back together. Wouldn't you say...no scratch that: SHOULDN'T you say that Troyzan played in fear when he was nicely nestled in Kim's alliance?

05-23-12, 11:49 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."

I have to mostly agree.

Technically you could say anyone holding to their alliance is playing in fear.

If Alicia doesn't boot Kat or if they had the guts to force the tie at F6, then Alicia, Tarzan and Christina could have been the F3. Who wins that? In other words, they all had a real chance to win and a real plan to get there.

Advancing in the game IS playing the game. That is what it is all about. The jury are humans; therefore, you never really know what they are going to do. But you do know that you can't win unless you first make the end.

Besides, if agreeing to forfeit immunity because you are afraid that you'll be the next to go if you don't isn't "playing in fear," then I don't know what is.

>

05-26-12, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
I goes without saying you cannot win Survivor unless you're sitting at FTC. But there's a difference between advancing to the Finals vs. playing to WIN. I'll note a few examples in this post. I'll even make a further distinction there's a difference between playing to get to the end vs. playing just to survive another day. It's the "playing just to survive another day" that Troy rightfully criticized and I agree with.

Unfortunately (except for Kim of course) the season was casted with too many chessplayers whose PRIMARY focus at any point in the game was the immediate move at hand. Whereas chess must be played only one move at a time, anyone who plays chess knows they must plan several moves in advance THAT GIVES YOU THE BEST POSSIBILTY to WIN. Forcing a tie at F6 gives Alicia, Tarzan, or Christina a great chance to win. But did they follow through? NO! And what did it get them?...seats on the Jury with NO chance of winning. THAT'S my point.

Katie's (Palau) approach to advance to the end was successful for her. And she was "rewarded" by sitting next to Tom Westman in the Finals---Whoopie!--GAME OVER! Not a WINNING approach.

Cassandra (Fiji) successfully made it to the Finals. And what did it get HER? Not a WINNING approach.

Becky (Cook Islands) played a perfect game to advance to the Finals. And for her efforts she got to sit between Yul AND Ozzy--Whoopie--GAME OVER! Not a WINNING approach.

By contrast I'll use Stephen (Tocantins) as a example. Not only did he play a perfect game to make it to the end, he attempted an endgame approach to put him in a position to WIN. Once in the endgame he was going to vote out JT so he could win sitting next to pathetically inept Erin in the Finals. JT's IC run foiled his plan (approach) but just because it didn't work out for him, I still credit Stephen with attempting a right approach to WIN.

So when you say "advancing in the game IS playing the game," that's a point well taken. But to go futher and say "that is what it is all about," depends on the individual. For many individuals this season that was what it was all about.

For THIS individual WINNING is what it is about if you decide to participate in a game. "Advancing" is the means to achieve the end result or the primary objective to WIN.

05-26-12, 06:36 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
WOW, where do I start?

First off, anyone who plays the game with complete and total confidence that they'll never get voted off is an idiot. So from that standpoint you always have to be looking over your shoulder in Survivor...now if you want to regard that as "fear" that's your call.

Secondly, I'm 99.9999% sure when Troy was talking about "playing in fear" he wasn't referring to being the first one voted off this season or first off your tribe. At the inception of the game when you have no idea who or what everyone is, it's only natural to be cautious and reserved. Actually when it's tribe vs. tribe the dynamics is much different than the "every player for themselves" concept post-merge.

But now that we're perfectly clear what I mean, I'll answer how it was different for Troy. Troy's PRIMARY objective was to WIN--first and foremost. And that's how he played the game. Being stuck on the Manono tribe on Day One did him no favors. Yes his "personality conflict" with Michael was well-documented, but it was Matt, not Mike, spearheading the Frat Pack alliance. An alliance pretty obvious in my mind Matt was purposely targeting the YOUNG men for "membership." So this leaves 51-year old Troy to go with the band of Misfits...Marvelous! If I were him I'd bide my time early on as well.

It's no wonder he jumps at the opportunity to align with Kim...the first "normal" person he met and shares the same primary purpose to win as he does. Unfortunately for him it was also the same person who wouldn't think twice lying to an alliance mate, but hey, at some point in the game you need to take a chance and try to trust someone and hope for the best.

That being said, I disagree with you comment that Troy "coasted" along before he realized he was next on the block (after Mike's boot.) He competed at a high level even before he realized Kim lied to alliance mates Troy and Jay. Fact of the matter he wins the very first individual IC even when he was NOT "next on the block." That's not "coasting" in MY book.

As for Troy ignoring Jonas' plea to get back together, I'm assuming you're talking post-merge. If you are...forget about it. Jonas' blowup with Tarzan IMMEDIATELY after the merge killed that approach. Tarzan's writing down Jonas' name at TC. And even with all the talk about a possible Christina flip, all that does is cancel Tarzan's flip for a 6-6 tie. Although rare instances exist where forcing a tie is not a bad idea strategically, I would never consider it with TWELVE players remaining in the game.

The F4 IC was WAAAAAY too late for Christina to put herself in a position to WIN. She, along with several others, blew their opportunites long before F4 because they were SO fixated on their primary objective to just "live for just another day."

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-12, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
Oh, let's see, never ranked 'em this way before.

Kourtney Moon
P - 3. For a woman her size and body type, slight, she managed to carry her own weight, struggling, on the trek to camp, and did her fair share of the work. As for challenge performance, she broke her wrist very early in the only challenge in which she participated, tried to carry on, play with the pain, but the break was too painful and dropped her in her tracks, so we cannot know what sort of challenge factor she might have been otherwise.
M - 2. Tried to possibly put herself into a misfit position but played that card badly at the start of things, singling herself out to make everyone question her merits.
S - 4. Despite that, she wasn't disliked and got along well enough with her tribemates.

Nina Acosta
P - 6. Accounting for her age, the game took it's toll on her pretty quickly, she wore herself out trying to prove her worth.
M - 3. Had a good read quickly on her position in the game but failed to play on her strengths, her background and training, to better position herself.
S - 4. Too little was shown to really be able to judge, but her social game had nothing to do with how things played out.

Matt Quinlan
P - 8.
M - 2. His muscle alliance might have served him well had he been able to control the first boot from the men, but basically it was an early divisive factor in the tribe and got the ball rolling so that the men could never form a cohesive team.
S - 2. Seemingly personable one to one, his judgmental side affected too much of how he acted, he disregarded too many of his tribe as expendible.

Bill Posley
P - 7.
M - 5.
S - 8. Well liked by most everyone but Colton, but it was Colton so that doesn't count against him. Went a bit off the handle at how Colton talked/wouldn't talk to him, though.

Monica Culpepper
P - 7.
M - 5.
S - 6.

Colton Cumbie
P - 6. He gave it everything in challenges, otherwise he was a lazy bum who did nothing around camp; well, except he contributed some work at the women's camp.
M - 0. Made many irrational emotional decisions.
S - 1. The fun guy who got off the truck and joked around, made everyone laugh, when he was in the character he wanted to play, that earns him the 1. Had that guy stuck around he would have been one of Survivors loveable characters. But as soon as the tribes were divided by gender he became a whiny mama's boy for three days, then Sabrina gave him the HII and he turned into Mr. Hyde. Those two idiots never had a chance of winning and would have been booted sooner or later.

Jonas Otsuji
P - 7. Willing worker, gave a lot of stock to his chef game, put up a decent effort in challenges even when he was clearly outclassed.
M - 3. No real game except as an enabler.
S - 7. Got emotional at times but was willing to make amends, had respect from other players.

Michael Jefferson
P - 8.
M - 5. Started the game with the first big move, stealing from the women. In any other edition that would have put the women at a big disadvantage, as it turned out with the One World twist it only really amounted to the men having to lug more stuff to camp, the women less stuff. He also showed a knack early on for paying attention and throwing a monkey wrench into things, shake things up, to take the heat off himself. After the switch, though, he just coasted.
S - 4. For whatever reason Troy was more than willing to forgo the girl-next scenario in order to get rid of Big Mike.

Jay Byars
P - 7.
M - 3. Things would have gone differently had he known when to keep his mouth shut. He was also the one most opposed to the men going to TC when they didn't have to, and as it happened the one guy Colton really felt close to, so he would have been safe sticking to his guns and not agreeing to go along with the dumbest gufu in Survivor history for all time.
S - 7.

Leif Manson
P - 8. Despite his limitations he was always working around camp and gave 100% in challenges.
M - 1. Never shown to have any idea about the game of Survivor itself, some of the things like when he got in trouble for talking to Bill he shouls have been easily able to navigate with a bit of logic, but he just let himself get put down.
S - 7. Was apparently well liked by everyone.

Troy "Troyzan" Robertson
P - 6.
M - 5. Realized too late that other players in Survivor can lie and deceive, and never understood that in Survivor there are always players just playing to continue playing, hang on, if only because that is the position they ended up in. Let emotion get in his way.
S - 8 then 0. Socially he seemed to get through most of the game on a high point, it was only when he got desperate towrds the end of his run that he started burning bridges and making himself unwelcome company.

Kat Edorsson
P - 9. I'm giving her the benefit of a handicap. Congenital heart condition, two open heart surgeries as a child, definite scheduled open heart surgery as an adult, prospect of another at any time should things go badly, she's had to live her life with this, be aware constantly that she has limits, so she gets the handicap and I won't otherwise judge her P ratio.
M - 7. Aware enough of her own limits to get in early with an alliance and go along with majority decisions.
S - 12. Forget the challenge threat nonsense, the real reason she was booted was that the women feared a male-dominant jury would hand the win to the ditzy blonde they all fell in love with.

Greg "Tarzan" Smith
P - 6. He did some impressive stuff for a guy his age.
M - 4. Captain Attitude early in the game did as much to wreck the mens' chances as Matt's muscle plan and Colton's Mr. Hyde. He eventually settled on an enabler strategy, first for Colton, then for Alicia. Fat lot of good it did him.
S - 0.

Alicia Rosa
P - 6.
M - 6.
S - 2. Smart enough to bury the hatchet when it was in her advantage, but she made the Russhole mistake of confusing those being dependent on her plans going along with them with having an actual social game. Kat and Tarzan liked her enough, though, that she doesn't get a 0.

Christina Cha
P - 3.
M - 1.
S - 2.

Chelsea Meissner
P - 7.
M - 6.
S - 0. Seemingly turned off as a human except in confessional. Wrong backwards way to play Survivor.

Sabrina Thompson
P - 3.
M - 9.
S = 10.

Kim Spradlin
P - 8.
M - 8.
S. 11.

05-24-12, 02:48 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."

Kat? Is that you?? Hahahaha....

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •