The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Epic Fail Play by Play"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-25-12, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Epic Fail Play by Play"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-12 AT 07:08 AM (EST)

In a somewhat lackluster episode 2 we saw quite possibly the most unlikely and humiliating IC loss of all time.

Consider this, at the start of the challenge there were 8 men standing on their beam and 8 women standing on theirs. Both had the goal of reaching a platform at the end of the beam.

Both teams began at the same time. At the end of the challenge, 8 men had made it to their platform. In the same amount of time, just ONE woman had made it to theirs. Just ONE.

Here is EXACTLY how this travesty happened.

Leif and Kat start out for their tribes. Leif clearly gives the men an early advantage and is moving smoothly past guys. Kat is stuck on Monica like she is a puzzle that needs to be figured out.

Leif is already to the third guy when JP calls him for momentarily touching Bill before letting go of Jonas. Leif has to jump in the water and start over. This would have negated much of the advantage that Leif provided if the women were steadily advancing.

Kat is still stuck on Monica. The two are in a full embrace: Kat in her neon green bikini and Monica in her dark pink. Have I thanked production for this challenge yet? Kat complains that Monica's boobs are too big to get around.

Leif is back to Bill, the third guy in line. Kat gets past Monica with Monica guiding her over with her arms. Monica is pumped and tells Chelsea to do the same thing. Chelsea looks unsteady and tells Kat to stop pushing her backwards.

Leif makes it to the end. Kat is still stuck on Chelsea. Kim asks Monica if she thinks she can do it better. Hard to say if that was a bonafide question or another way of Kim telling Monica to shut up.

Kat figures something out and goes behind Chelsea, perhaps to avoid her boobs. She then tries the same move on Kim, even though it isn't necessary in her case. Kat bumps into Kim too hard and disaster happens. Kim falls forward into the water. Christina tries to save Kat by grabbing her. JP calls Christina for touching Kat before Kim went in and Kat now has to start over as well.

Meanwhile, Colton is making his way across the men about as easy as Leif did. Colton communicates well, telling the guys to hold him up when he needs it. To their credit, the men show no hesitation in following his orders. When Leif appears to give some unnecessary pointers, Colton tells Matt he'd like Leif to shut up. Matt tells Leif to settle down as they got it. Leif obliges. Colton gets past Matt with a nice balancing act and only has Michael to get past.

Kat has made it past Kim, Monica and Chelsea by moving behind them and is attempting to slide behind Christina. The two are stuck in a somewhat funny, somewhat sexy embrace with Christina having her hands up to the side while Kat embraces her from behind with her hands nearly feeling Christina up. Christina tells Kat she is going to fall. Kat tells her she is not. Nina tells Christina to not touch her. Too late. JP spotted Christina touching Nina, and Kat has to start over.

Kat took about all the blame in this challenge, but this is the second time that Christina has erroneously touched someone.

Jonas is moving through the guys as quickly as Colton did, and is two guys from the end. Kat is back up to Christina, and this time tries to cross the front of her. I'm not sure what goes wrong, but Christina falls back into the water. Kat jumps into the water herself even though she didn't have to. The women tell her she didn't have to jump in.

Bill is going for the men. He gets tangled with Jay, and they both topple into the water. Christina is going for the women. Monica says she'll go next if Christina doesn't make it. Christina only gets past Kat and falls when trying to engage Kim.

Monica jumps in with her so she can go. Bill uses a full on embrace to get past Troyzan who thumps his chest. Monica is letting Christina maneuver her through, but even though we are now a ways into the challenge, Kat inexplicably grabs Christina's arm. Christina and Monica both have to start over. To add to the hilarity of her mistake, Kat jumps in with the two girls. Nina says, "Kat, you are about as dumb as a rock."

Jay is going for the men and moving steady. No reason to hurry now. There are only 4 men left on the beam, meaning this is already a foregone conclusion. Monica tells the girls they can "push her around." Nice. She gets by Chelsea, and finally Nina, Alicia and Sabrina can take part in the challenge after just standing there the whole time.

Troy is going for the men. He is at the end but loses his balance, and he and Michael go into the water. JP calls it an "opening for the women." Hahaha... Get real.

Monica makes it all the way across and acts like the women still have a chance.

Christina starts now and is making good headway basically following Monica's blueprint. However, this provides a couple nice shots of Christina's backside and that is about it. Troy only has two guys to get past and easily does so. Michael then gets by Matt before Christina can get past all 6 girls.

The challenge is over. The men have all 8 on their platform. The women have 7 still on the beam. Almost incomprehensible.

Kim would later say that Monica had it figured out right away. It appears she was right. Too bad for the women that Monica didn't take charge, and too bad that no one stepped and demanded that Monica take charge. The tribe's leader, Sabrina, was not heard saying a word the entire challenge.

So, basically, you add Kat's idiocy to a couple key blunders from Christina, and mix in poor to nonexistent leadership, and you get one of the worst IC failures of all time.

Props.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play Aruba 02-25-12 1
 RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play Aruba 02-25-12 2
   RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play michel 02-25-12 3
       RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play iltarion 02-25-12 4
           RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play michel 02-25-12 5
               RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play iltarion 02-25-12 6
           RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play Aruba 02-26-12 10
 RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play Jims02 02-26-12 7
   RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play iltarion 02-26-12 8
       RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play michel 02-26-12 9
           RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play Aruba 02-26-12 11
               RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play iltarion 02-26-12 12
                   RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play dabo 02-26-12 13
                   RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play michel 02-26-12 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-12, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
Great Play-by-Play.

Al Michaels would be PROUD...

...the countdown is going on...do you believe in Dysfunction?...YES!!!!!!

Only ommission with this outstanding synopsis is the whole Monica sequence encouraging her team not to be gentle with her because of her solid core and encouraging the others to push her around. Great Stuff!!!

The "key blunders" by Christina were still caused by Kat. I guess if you REALLY wanted to reach you can "blame" Christina for not having as strong a core as Monica, but her touching a third player was because she was caused to be off balance. In any event, I'd take Christina in a heartbeat...soft core and all. HaHa

What made Kat's failure idiotic is she WAS told she didn't have to jump into the water, not only by Jeff, but by her teammates also. You REALLY think it would have made any difference if Sabrina (Salani's leader PURELY by default) chimed in also?

In order to survive back at camp and keep a tribe cohesive in the psychological part of this game you need a strong leader. Challenges are a little different--what you need is a strong Coach. Yes there have been individuals who possessed BOTH qualities, but one is not always synonomous with the other. Sabrina lives with these "airheads" 24/7 and I'm sure she knew there wasn't a darn thing she'd be able to do. And even if she tried, there's no doubt in my mind it would have resulted in the same response Colton gave Leif when Leif (who was just successful in his attempt) was trying to pass pointers on how he was successful to Colton, but Colton still tells the only person who made it to the platform at that juncture on the IC to "shut up."

Stronger leadership/coaching wouldn't have mattered here. Simply put, the date could have been 1980; the Survivor location could have been Lake Pacid NY, and even the late, great Herb Brooks would NOT have made the slightest difference in this IC.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-25-12, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"

>In a somewhat lackluster episode 2 we saw quite possibly the most unlikely and humiliating IC loss of all time.

"Unlikely"...no question about it. It is an anatomical fact that a woman's center of gravity is in the waist/hip area whereas a man's center of gravity is just below his chest. In gymnastics it's no coincedence one of the woman's disciplines is Balance Beam and one of the man's is Pommel Horse designed to promote those centers of gravity.

Although this might not apply to Leif (whose waist IS just below his chest) and Colton (who does not factor into any man vs. woman discussion.) But clearly an IC the women should have won going away.

As for "most humiliating" loss of "all time?"

HMMM, got to put this as the second most humiliating loss of all time. Gotta give that distinction of "most" to Ravu in Fiji for their embarrasing showing in the Sumo wresting challange. As a comparison both tribes did end the challenge with only ONE point. As pathetic as the women were, Monica's sole Salani success was impressive. Why I would put Ravu's loss as more humiliating is their sole point came from Yau-MAN who had to beat up a little girl (Stacy) just to get on the board.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-12, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
The most embarrassing loss had to be in Guatemala. Here's proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp-SDu-c0x0

What kills me is BJ's celebration in the cart; both legs in the air and then Jamie still wanting to finish the challenge!!!!

02-25-12, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-12 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

Agreed. Both those challenges are good candidates for the most embarrassing or humiliating defeats.

The challenge in Fuji might be more "humiliating" because it involved being physically dominated. However, Ravu were the weaker tribe going in and were likely going to lose. It was only humiliating because of how badly they lost.

As Aruba pointed out, the opposite occurred in this IC loss. The women had the advantage on paper and still lost in cataclysmic fashion. Due to that, I would still say this IC loss was more disgraceful.

Hahaha... I remember that debacle in Guatemala. And yes, that IS a very embarrassing loss. It might be the most embarrassed a tribe ever was DURING a challenge. However, in looking at it afterward, no one in the tribe had any reason to be embarrassed except for Jamie. In fact, in the extensive 4 minutes of Nakum reaction time taped afterwards, the word "embarrassed" or "embarrassment" was never uttered once.

It was more just anger and exasperation towards Jamie.

If you think about it, that was a tremendously easy challenge to fix. How do we know Brandon's rock wasn't sharper? Or his rope more frayed?

Lastly, that Yaxha tribe was a tremendously strong tribe. Golden Boy, Brandon, Bobby Jon, Gary, Danni, Amy, Brian? Wow. They were a dominant group until Danni decided to let Brian take Golden Boy out, a move that would eventually flush the entire tribe down the toilet.

Plus, that was not an IC. Get whooped in an RC? Whatever. No biggie.

Oh, and Sabrina had two opportunities to show leadership. Either she could have insisted that someone else, like Monica, take over and go, or she could have jumped in herself and gone. That would have been leadership.

>

02-25-12, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-12 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

>Hahaha... I remember that debacle in
>Guatemala. And yes, that IS
>a very embarrassing loss. It
>might be the most embarrassed
>a tribe ever was DURING
>a challenge.

That's all I wanted to point out.

However, in looking
>at it afterward, no one
>in the tribe had any
>reason to be embarrassed except
>for Jamie. In fact, in
>the extensive 4 minutes of
>Nakum reaction time taped afterwards,
>the word "embarrassed" or "embarrassment"
>was never uttered once.

Since when do you have to say the word embarrassed to feel embarrassed? Look at Judd scratching his crotch and then turning away in disgust. Look at Steph burying her head in her hat. If that isn't embarrassement, what is? Yes, only Jaime was in action (just like Kat mind you) but the tribe had decided to put him in charge of that task so the whole tribe was embarrassed.

>
>Lastly, that Yaxha tribe was a
>tremendously strong tribe. Golden Boy,
>Brandon, Bobby Jon, Gary, Danni,
>Amy, Brian? Wow. They were
>a dominant group until Danni
>decided to let Brian take
>Golden Boy out, a move
>that would eventually flush the
>entire tribe down the toilet.

Again with that? Danni may not have won if you change the outcome of that TC. It earned her Gary's trust and, through him, Rafe's. Anyway, the only challenge that Yaxha lost after sending Blake home was due to Brandon's failure. Even if Blake had been there, the heroic Brandon could still very well have been the one sent out to retrieve that last piece.
(That challenge could also have been fixed by putting that piece much deeper than any of Nakhum's pieces. I'd think SEG would fix things for Steph, not the other way around!!!!!)

>Plus, that was not an IC.
>Get whooped in an RC?
>Whatever. No biggie.

The thread said epic fail. I showed you what I thought was the most epic fail. I should have congratulated you on the play-by-play, sorry, my mistake, but the Guatemala challenge just popped into my head and I wanted to find footage.

02-25-12, 11:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"

Its also more embarrassing for Salani because its women against men. That puts more pressure on them to at least do well.

We've had the Golden Boy boot discussion before. Its all good though.

I appreciate the clip, haven't seen that in a long time. I should rewatch Guatemala some time. Its been a while.

>

02-26-12, 11:15 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
I remember the disaster in Guatemala too. Didn't Stephanie call Bobby Jon "gay" when he came flying down the track with his legs up in the up? LOL

Yes we've all heard "win as a team; lose as a team," but the Guatemala debacle was more of a sole embarrasment (namely Jamie) more than anything else. Although Kat was clearly the goat in this IC, Chelsea and Christina didn't help the cause either.

Part of being a good "leader" is to know when to keep your piehole shut. There was absolutely, positively NOTHING Sabrina could have done to make Salani victorious in this IC. Perhaps her intervention MAY have resulted in an 8-3 loss instead of an 8-1 crushing defeat. But big whoop...the result is still the same--TC.

I have been on the losing end of a few lopsided defeats in my athletic career and the best coaches I had knew it was best to just take the medicine, lick our wounds, and lead us afterwards so we rebound in a positive manner. This is exactly what Sabrina did with her post-challenge pep talk. Did this leadership tactic work? I don't know...we'll have to see how they rebound in the next episode. If Salanai should equal Ravu and Ulong's tribe futility, THEN we could properly assess Sabrina's leadership skills (or lack thereof.)

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-12, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
Great write-up.

I just re-watched Vanuatu recently and they had this exact same challenge during that season, and the women just beat the crap out of the men that time. I don't think the men even got one guy across the beam.

I guess this is just one of those challenges where you either got the technique or you don't.

A 2003 IceCat original

02-26-12, 03:02 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"

Haha... imagine trying to get around Chris and Sarge?

That is one advantage of this particular tribe of men. They don't have any real large guys in the group. Everyone is fairly fit.

And this challenge does get exponentially easier as you go, so I guess it lends itself to either big wins or losses.

>

02-26-12, 04:09 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
What surprised me most is that no one used Boo's technique. He completely busted this challenge by telling the others to squat so the person could simply go over.

Maybe Jeff told them that wasn't allowed but, as viewer, it made me doubt those that claimed to be big fans of the show. Fiji wasn't that long ago.

02-26-12, 12:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
Excellent point and good question.

Part of the answer could be the difference between Fan vs "Fan"atic. We are "fan"atics on these Boards and most of us will recall Boo's successful technique, whereas your average "fan" may not.

Even so, it wouldn't have done the guys any favors--actually it may have backfired on them. Granted using Boo's technique would probably have given them a faster time, but if the women look over and the "money/see, monkey/do" principle took over, it is possible the women might have utilized it better and turned the IC around. I guess from the guy's perspective, the old adage applies: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

As for the women...you can't tell this group anything. They simply do not and will not listen. Maybe there are a couple spoiled brats in the bunch and trying to reason with a brat is a waste of time? I think a lot of it stems from getting and being able to do mostly whatever they wanted (in large part due to their great looks) and this type of pampering they are probably used to also makes reasoning with them difficult.

At least that's what I've been able to ascertain from my humble obersvations.

02-26-12, 04:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"

I would not question someone's fan-hood based off not remembering any part of Fuji. I have done my best to forget most of it.

Leif could not have leaped the guys even if they squatted. It is also possible that they were instructed to remain standing.

>

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-12, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"
It is also possible that they were instructed to remain standing.

When did they begin following instructions?

It is possible, of course. Or perhaps they were told only their feet could touch the balance beam, which would make bending down a trickier proposition.

02-26-12, 05:27 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Epic Fail Play by Play"

But Leif would have been the perfect last-guy-in-line!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •