The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-01-11, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 00:51 AM (EST)

Some semi-interesting challenges and a little eye candy is about all this week had going for it.

Upola seems to have so little going for it that Brandon's continued manufactured drama with Mikayla had to sub as their story for this week. That story wasn't interesting enough to carry last week let alone testing our attention spans for another hour. It did seem to set Upola up for the fall as Sophie exclaimed, "I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the butt." Yeah, and you can also hope for no rain in a rainforest. Good plan.

Might be a little early to call at this point, but it is hard to believe the winner could be coming out of that tribe.

Meanwhile, Savii has next to zero game play going on. The Big 5, constituted once again by the Young 5, have already decided the pecking order and can pretty much take the rest of the game pre-merge off. Maybe Survivor should just go the American Idol route and not have anyone over 30 on, then we wouldn't have this seasonal rite of the young bonding together against the old.

1. the Ozzinator - Yeah, he picked the wrong guy to trust, and yeah, his tribe is losing challenges. So what? His tribe is also the one that matters, and he is at least the spiritual leader.

2. Coach - I am not overly impressed with his leadership. He recognized the danger in Brandon's actions, but he did nothing about it. This is definitely the kinder, gentler and wiser Coach. He was great with the grappling hook and that was the difference in the IC.

3. Edna - Coach's #1 girl also helped with the last stage of the IC. Otherwise, very quiet episode for her. Still holding on to third for now.

4. Keith - Made the only strategic move of the game in telling Whitney about Ozzy's HII. He is now in position to destroy Ozzy's game. He also was the one that directed Ozzy to tell Papa Bear that it was Cochran.

5. Whitney - I was wrong about her and Elyse. They are pretty nice to look at. She is in a great spot.

6. Elyse - Loving the bikini. Also loving the Hawaiian, asian, native american, whatever she has going on... it is all good. She was right. Papa Bear DOESN"T sprint.

7. Sophie - She got a couple confessionals even when the story had nothing to do with her. Good sign. Brandon's "crazy religious beliefs"? Whuh?? Besides that comment, good week for her.

8. Albert - Just seems like a good guy. Decent challenge performance.

9. Mikayla - Brandon hurt her feelings. I guess she isn't too manly after all. Crying over that freak's opinion drops her a few spots.

10. Ricky Bobby - Went stone cold silent. So, middle of the road for him.

11. Stacy - Was solid this week and moved up a little.

12. Jim - Just don't like the guy, and actually, no, Papa Bear had it exactly right.

13. Cochran - He was invisible until it was time to boot someone. That isn't a good sign. Not sure what his strategy, if any, is. Waiting for a miracle, maybe.

14. Dawn - Like Cochran, she is in the minority but doesn't seem to care. Just wants to skate, I guess.

15. Brandon - Grow up. Yeah, we all battle the pull of evil every day. You are nothing special. You are insecure. That is the only evil at play here.

No Redemption Island

Christine - Tell me when she's gone.

Papa Bear - Well, you tried, man. Problem is, that trick has already been done about 10 times now. Everything he said during TC was straight true.

Dearly dismissed

Semhar - bummer

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 10-01-11 1
   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... iltarion 10-01-11 2
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 10-01-11 3
   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... iltarion 10-02-11 4
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 10-03-11 5
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... milkachulina 10-05-11 6
   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 10-05-11 7
       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... milkachulina 10-10-11 8
 Tallies dabo 10-11-11 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-11, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
"His (Ozzy's) tribe is also the one that matters"

Really? Didn't you notice that the first 20 minutes of the episode didn't include them at all? We went to Savaii only because they were going to TC this week. The important tribe is Upolu.

Thanks Agman!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-01-11, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-11 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

No one on Upola has a story beyond Brandon. Maybe you think he's the winner. We never even heard from anyone on that tribe except for Brandon, Mikayla, Coach and Sophie, and all those confessionals were only in response to Brandon.

Yes, the beginning of the episode was about Upolu. The editors already knew that Savii was losing the challenge and would get the final 30 minutes of the show just on them.

Ozzy's gambit with the HII and Keith bringing Whitney into the fold were both prior to the IC.

That was the only gameplay shown. Without any to show from Upolu, they had to substitute weak drama.

Coach has never even talked about the endgame. He is just the narrator for his tribe.

And then of course we have Sophie's prophecy of doom.

Anyway, as I said, it is a little early yet. We have had winners before that you never would have guessed from their beginning edit (Sandra in H vs. V).

>

10-01-11, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-11 AT 08:26 PM (EST)

1- Cochran: He understands that this game is about trust and the group of 5 has issues of trust. He is smart enough to exploit them.

2- Mikayla: Let me get this straight: You knock her down a few spots in week one because she is too manly and now, you knock her down further because she isn't? Hard to follow. I see someone that has the classic Victim edit: There's nothing she will be able to do to protect herself from her tormentor unless...

3- Sophie makes the right choice. The story is all about Sophie's Choice: Will she stay with her day 1 alliance and let Brandon's craziness bite them in the butt or will she side with the other strong woman?

4- Keith: He is developing an interesting scheming side.

5- Coach: Despite a nice showing at the IC, this episode showed us Coach being petty, wanting to see Christine eliminated and he appeased Brandon, even giving him a hug. That poor showing forced me to knock him down a bit.

6- Jim: He is an interesting character but I'm not sure if he will be our villain yet. He reminds me of Marty.

7- Dawn: She made up the deficit after Ozzy's disastrous first leg and she gave us the theme of the episode: Things are shifting throughout the day and it isn't locked.

8- Whitney: It was nice to see her getting mad when she learned Ozzy had the idol. This girl isn't like last season's 3 degrees, only hoping to please the "legendary" player.

9- Albert: Still not much from the big guy except that, with him on the wheel, Upolu was able to send Coach to throw the grappling hook and it paid off.

10- Edna: Up to now, her tree-mail-paper-hat is the most memorable thing about her. Her IC role simply consisted of going under Coach!

11- Ozzy: His first two episodes weren't very good but this one was still worse. He trusts Keith because it looks like they have a brotherly bond? Dumb! He still can't see that the ones you have to worry about are the ones you trust.

12- Elyse: She narrated the funniest scene of the night: Mark digging like a gopher fir the idol.

13- Rick: He seems to be a cardboard cut-out that the tribe carries around.

14- Stacey: I wished we had heard her thoughts on going to the arena with Coach.

15- Brandon: He wants to be left out of the drama but he is the source of the drama. Troubled teens need counseling, not a trip to play Survivor.

Mark: Can he make his promise come true and flip on Savaii?

Christine: Every week she stays will see Coach's rash grow.

Semhar: Anyone remember Corinne's words to Susie during Gabon's FTC? They should have been said to Semhar.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

10-02-11, 11:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"

I don't have a problem with Mikayla crying. I have a problem with the reason.

>

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-11, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-11 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

01. Cochran. Goofy Survivor nerd goes up to 1 this week for working on it and keeping a cool head.

02. Jim. Still not the mastermind he thinks he is but for the moment he's doing well and has managed to call both shots at Savaii.

03. Sophie. For appearing so little in the episode she had the best read on the situation, bumps up this week.

04. Coach. Still in control at Upolu and still playing better than before, but his blindspots are starting to show.

05. Keith. Hey, guess who is playing the game! For the time being he seems to be in the Tyson to Coach position relative to Ozzy, ready to step in and take over. Will he suffer the same fate as Tyson?

06. Dawn. The comeback Mom!

07. Edna. Still like her but she pretty much vanished.

08. Mikayla. Wish she would stand up for herself better, she let's Brandon get to her; if she handled it better she would not make anything worse for herself and might move up in the tribe.

09. Elyse. Sharp-eyed Native American, made good use of the Papa Bear sprint.

10. Ozzy. The king is not as secure on his throne as he thinks he is, though I think he is probably still safe for awhile yet and a powerhouse competitor in challenges.

11. Whitney. Stayed pretty much invisible but did emerge this week as Keith's confidante.

12. Rick. Cowboy pretty much vanished after episode 1 or probably would be higher.

13. Albert. Still invisible.

14. Stacey. Seems to be trying to blend in, good for her, but I don't see her making any pro Stacey moves either.

15. Brandon. Permanent bottom-dweller, I don't care where his story goes from here just as long as he doesn't win.

Redemption Island.

Christine. Sour grapes, but I like her determination to fight to get back in the game.

Mark. Likeable enough, but you would think someone at his age when cast on Survivor would have tried to be better prepared, worked out some, learned firestarting techniques and how to fish and stuff, spent some time every day in the sauna. He understood his situation but lazed in the hammock rather than go pro-active as he should have.

Semhar, good-bye. By the time she finished that pome even the crickets wanted her gone.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-05-11, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-11 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

Queue the music...

1) Mikayla: I like her, primarily because I like mistreated underdogs. I still want Mikayla to cut Brandon's sack off.

2) Keith: I would so love to see him get rid of Ozzy.

3) Coach: He's still hanging in there, but I'm waiting for him to fall apart like a mentally unstable lunatic. It will make for excellent television.

4) Stacey: I still like Stacey. It just seems, as in most cases, that older minority Survivors get ”redlined” out of the inner circles. In rare instances (Yao Man) they are able to navigate their way to the top. But, again, that’s rare.

5 - 8) Albert, Rick, Sophie, and Whitney: Making absolutely no impact.

9) Else: Enough of the Native American voodoo that you claim you do.

10) Jim: Last week, I clearly offended some with my incessant rants about overweight survivors. I’ll just say that this guy is an arrogant slob. I want him to be embarrassed off the island.

11) Ozzy: So, Ozzy thinks he and Keith have a lot in common. Ha! Seems like wishful thinking to me. Keith is HOT and Ozzy is not the hottie he used to be. Ozzy was acting like they were fraternity brothers with the same social and genetic makeup. Whatever, Ozzy. He sold you out. Ozzy is still intellectually inferior.

12) Dawn: I hate her teeth, and that deceitful smile. She should have been voted off first.

13) Edna: My dislike of her is still strong.

14) Cochran: Ugh. Just ugh.

15) Brandon: Is this guy the reason the world despises
Christians? He is a hypocrite who constantly quotes the Bible, but does not let his life reflect the teachings. Hmm.

Redemption Island:
1) Christine: Nice win! Hope she hangs in there and gets some revenge.

2) Mark: He is where he belongs, for now. Hopefully, he is the next one on the gone list.

Gone List:
Semhar: I hate her. What was that overly sexual “rap/rhyme” poetry about some dudes love stick that she tortured us with before competing in the challenge against Christine? Ugh. And, she STILL LOST afterwards. Good-bye, heifer! And, to think, we’ll have to hear her do it again during the reunion at the end of the season.

10-05-11, 05:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
If you enjoy watching Coach looking like a fool maybe you will enjoy this post:

http://funny115.com/v2/15.htm

As for the older minorities making it to the end, we did have Vecepia, Lydia, Sandra, Cirie a few times, Cassandra, Susie and Taj. Still rare but not impossible.

(I'd add Shambutch who was a minority of her own but I guess that's not what you meant )

Finally, regarding Semhar at the reunion, Jeff doesn't talk with all the contestants anymore so maybe we will be spared.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-10-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.3"
Thanks for the laughs!!! Coach is indeed a fool.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Tallies"
1. Coach -- 14: 3.5
2. Keith -- 15: 3.75
3. Sophie -- 20: 5
3. Mikayla -- 20: 5
5. Cochran -- 29: 7.25
6. Jim -- 30: 7.5
7. Whitney -- 32: 8
8. Ozzy -- 33: 8.25
8. Edna -- 33: 8.25
10. Albert -- 35: 8.75
11. Elyse -- 36: 9
12. Dawn -- 39: 9.75
13. Rick -- 41: 10.25
14. Stacey -- 43: 10.75
15. Brandon -- 60: 15

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •