The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
No more Redemption Island?? This is just a bowl of maggots with a wet piece of flint thrown in!

This new twist to the game, IMHO, has done nothing but prolong the inevitable, make the miserable even more miserable, the dissed even more dissed, and it's just pitiful, to put it mildly.

I'm sorry {not, I'm really not}, Mr. Burnett, but this is not working.

Does Matt, and his fellow votee-offee's even have food/water/fire out there? Do we know?? Ok, we've seen shelter and beds, but what else? Do we know? Have the producers taken any amount of time to explain what is going on out there?

Matt has won 5 or more challenges, and yet he has NOT been given ONE reward-not one. OK, so he was voted off that many times, so I suppose that is their strategy. But when I think of it all-it makes no sense!

Sugar, who was sent to her own isolation camp numerous times for a day at a time, was seen having a blast with the camerman, swimming, eating fresh fruit, writing in her journal, etc.

I just don't get the premise of this. I think it sucks, and I think MB is grasping at straws to do something 'different' with a game that is on its last leg.....what are YOUR opinions??

And please, send this to 'blasters' if that's where it belongs...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... dabo 04-28-11 1
 RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... Nightsky 04-28-11 2
 RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... weltek 04-28-11 3
   RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... crs3192 04-29-11 5
 RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... iltarion 04-28-11 4
   RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... garyc 04-29-11 6
       RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... sportsjoe 04-30-11 7
           RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... garyc 04-30-11 9
 RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... michel 04-30-11 8
   RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... sportsjoe 05-04-11 10
       RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... michel 05-04-11 11
           RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... dabo 05-05-11 12
               RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... sportsjoe 05-06-11 13
                   RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... iltarion 05-06-11 14
                   RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... dabo 05-06-11 15
                       RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... sportsjoe 05-08-11 16
                           RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... michel 05-08-11 17
                           RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... dabo 05-08-11 18
                               RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... michel 05-08-11 19
                                   RE: Not sure where this belongs, bu... iltarion 05-08-11 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-11, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
They do have rice, and a flint, a few tools, plus their luxury items, and I'm pretty certain they have to have a water source. But the whole Redemption Island thing is farcical nonsense, it is not the equivalent of being in the game despite the deprivations. It basically just, at best, turns those who were voted out into components of the actual game, another factor to be overcome by those players still in the actual game. But in order to make it work they have to destroy other components of the actual game itself. I hate this season. Worst twist ever.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Nightsky 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nightsky Click to send private message to Nightsky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Start sending emails to let them know----we don't like RI.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
I think Redemption Island was cool until the merge. Now it's just ridiculous.

-A Tribetastic Creation

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-11, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
I totally agree. If they had taken RI to the merge, and then dropped it, it would have been great. Matt would have gotten back in the game, stirred the pot a little, but he would have gone home right then and there because he's a terrible player! He has a great chance of winning and this point because he hasn't had to actually play the game! It's ridiculous.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-11, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"

I am not a fan of Redemption Island. However, I am willing to wait until the end to pass final judgement.

I would say that the main downfall of this season has been the total lack of gameplay ever since Zapatera booted Russell. Ever since that happened, the path of both tribes has pretty much been set in stone. Matt returning from RI gave us the opportunity for some game play, but instead, Rob immediately had him booted and we went back to Zapping as planned.

Actually, Matt's RI story might be the most interesting in the game right now. So, in that sense, RI has added some value.

>

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
A lot of the lack of gameplay (on the Ometepe side) is due to the presence of Rob, another twist.

Agree will seem unfair if Matt reenters the game yet again. Would seem to have been better to have the RI victor enter immediately after merge and then drop it. But at this point I'd enjoy anything that shakes up what looks to be a too predictible finish.

sportsjoe 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sportsjoe Click to send private message to sportsjoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-11 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-30-11 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-30-11 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Just because Zap voted out Russell didn't seal their fate. What sealed their fate is, number 1, when Matt came back from RI, he should've gotten Andrea and then teamed up with remaining Zap to vote out Rob. But Matt is stupid and Andrea has no guts. Number 2, ever since they lost the numbers battle in the merge, and no Omalame members were willing to use their brains and make the move to get Rob out, it was just a matter of time. The funny thing is, Steve pointed this out and the stupid dumb coattail riding girls ran quickly to Rob. Like I said before, unless someone has the balls to step up and orchestrate Rob's boot, he deserves to win. None of the other stupid coattail riding lemmings deserve it unless they get Rob out. Now that the idiots have to turn on each other, gonna be harder to vote Rob out now, because he has the HII and he will be looking over his shoulder more, and he can win challenges. They should've blindsided him earlier when he wasn't expecting it. If this happens, the person who gets Rob voted out should win, if that person makes it to the finals.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-11, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-11 AT 04:36 AM (EST)

No, though throwing the challenge to get rid of him did hurt. More important is how thoroughly Rob has controlled Ometepe. Don't know that Andrea doesn't have any guts, she wouldn't have been near the center of any Zapatera controlled alliance either.
It's more about Grant, Natalie and Ashley not showing any indication (at least not televised so far) of being willing to change up matters at Ometepe. Perhaps they've been smart to stick with Rob, but if they don't make a move soon I figure Rob will deserve to win regardless of how many times he's played before.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-11, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Hello Mindy,

You ask where this belongs, I suggest here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/4133.shtml

Like you, I hate RI but to those who say that Natalie and Ashley are dumb to follow Rob, I point to Bob and Natalie White who, in recent seasons, followed along to the tune of a million dollars. That strategy is not dumb. It is boring to watch but that is the nature of this game. Hopefully, Rob will win because he is the one taking risks.

05-04-11, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sportsjoe Click to send private message to sportsjoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Good point about Natalie and Bob. Both didn't deserve to win. History shows that you can ride coattails and you will get voted to win because the jury is pissed off the way the other finalists played. Sometimes it came down to the lesser of the 2 evils and who didn't ##### off the jury the most. If I was on the jury and had gotten screwed by one of the finalists, it would be difficult to set that aside and vote for that player, even though they had played the best game. I find that an interesting dynamic at the end of the game. There were times where the obvious best player won, but also times where it was given to a player that flew under the radar and didn't make any enemies. I guess that's a good strategy, lying low. The coattail riders who won were more lucky than good.

05-04-11, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
See, I am of the opinion that every winner deserved it, that the jury is always right.

If they are bitter then that was the player's fault for not treating them properly. Every alliance is a contract that has one simple clause: If you screw me over, I will screw you in the end.

Over the course of 22 seasons, you could probably count on one hand the number of jurors that did not vote for the person he liked best.

Finally, every winner, except Hatch, was more lucky than good.

05-05-11, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
A lot of times the jurists simply vote against the player they don't like the most. It's always personal. Some players do take the okay you beat me route, that too is personal. It's always personal.

05-06-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
You gotta be shitting me. Mike is a ##### fool! No wonder Zapatera got destroyed by Ometeppe. Dumb fucks like him playing the game. Cheers for doing something selfless, but you're a ##### fool to reward players who don't give a ##### about you. And Andrea was suprised by her boot. Another gullible moron who should've made the move to Zap earlier when Matt came back. No sympathy at all.

05-06-11, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"

There was NOTHING stupid about it. Actually, game-wise, it was the smartest move. If Mike were to make the FTC, then 4 Ometepes would be on the jury. Neither Matt nor Ralph will be. Game-wise, it is a no brainer.

But I don't think it had anything to do with the game. It was simply- Do the most good for the most people. Simple decision, really. And absolutely the right thing to do.

If he would have allowed bitterness towards Ometepe to make his decision, as you seem to suggest, then THAT would have been STUPID.

Agree. Andrea played the game like a "gullible moron."

>

05-06-11, 09:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Just for future reference, should you ever play Survivor, take my advice and remember one thing.

All the votes made by the members of the jury are personally motivated.

Their reasons may be vastly different, what each individual person holds as the valuable thing is certainly going to be different; but all of those votes are very personal, what each member of the jury decides they like most or dislike most.

The family visit thing might only affect one jurist's vote, it might affect none, even Mike thought it was an irrelevent decision strategically. This is one time when he may actually have been better off borrowing a page from the Russell Hantz playbook, visit with his mom (no one would blame him) while the Omes go back to camp and suffer and have only each other to irritate.

As for Andrea, comparing one losing move she could have made to the optional losing move she did make is kind of zero-sum, but she would definitely have lost the game had she gone with Matt at the merge.

05-08-11, 03:25 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
How do you know she would have lost if she went with Matt? Can you predict the future? If she went with Matt and joined Zap they could've gotten rid of the dictator Rob and gone from there. You get rid of Rob and that stupid tribe would have no idea what to do. Zap would've had the numbers. So yeah it probably was a dumb move not to do anything. Just like it's been a dumb move that no one has made a move to get rid of Rob. I don't know what you're smoking Ilatarion but Mike giving them that family visit was ##### stupid. He even admitted it was irrelevant for the game. Then why would you do it? Cuz you're a ##### idiot. If he didn't want it, then he should've given it to his fellow RI's. Him giving it to the people who voted him out along with the rest of his tribe makes him look like a chump, period.

05-08-11, 04:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
The family visit choice was just as dumb as the whole RI concept. When someone wins reward then asking him to make a tough decision is fair game but Mike wasn't playing for reward, he was playing for survival. Mike didn't need to give the Omies the visit because, if he makes FTC, he is going to win a jury vote no matter what. He's already got 3/3 votes on the jury so he didn't have to give them anything.

Giving the visit to Ralph and Matt would have helped the morale of his direct rivals. Do you suppose for a second they would have let Mike win the next challenge just to thank him? Of course not.

Keeping the visit for himself wouldn't have hurt Mike at all but he would have opened the door to a selfish edit. Once he decided he didn't want to be selfish, he wasn't dumb to give it to the Omies but he wasn't right either. It was just a poorly conceived twist.

05-08-11, 10:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Matt wanted them to be the two Ometepe in a six-way alliance with four Zapatera, and obliterate the rest of the Ometepe tribe. So she would have traded being the sixth or fifth wheel in an Ometepe where she had some chance for advancement for being the sixth or fifth wheel in a Zapatera-majority alliance where she had no chance at all. Matt's plan was simply a guaranteed way for her to lose.

05-08-11, 11:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"
Sorry Dabo, but I think you have Matt's original plan wrong and don't give credit to what Andrea could have done with it:

Matt wanted to get a Zap, Steve, out first. Next, it would have been Phillip, leaving the teams 4 - 4 + Matt/Andrea. Then they vote out Rob. At that point, Andrea could have taken over and formed an alliance with Natalie, Ashley (who would be desperate), Julie and Matt to control the numbers by eliminating a Zap. If Julie wants to stay with the other 3 Zaps, she uses Grant to eliminate a couple of them until Julie gets desperate.

Andrea could have gone with Matt's plan and tweeked it just enough to get in a F3 with the spa girls and she'd be seen as the mastermind...or the b#@&h that voted everyone out!

05-08-11, 11:25 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Not sure where this belongs, but can anyone besides me say"

I thought it was the right move at the time to stick with Ometepe, but in hindsight, it is pretty easy to say Andrea should have taken the risk and went with Matt. Though I should have known at the time, as one of my Survivor rules has always been never vote out the person closest to you. Matt's plan included voting out people from both tribes, not just straight pagonging. So, he and Andrea wouldn't have just been at the bottom of the Zap alliance.

Sportsjoe, I think we all get it, Mike did something good for Rob, so you hate it. Understood.

Mike decided to do something nice for 6 people instead of 3. Pretty simple.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •