The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-29-11, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

Another tragically predictable episode that at least had the good sense to kill two dead ducks with one stone. Unfortunately, unless RI shakes things up, it appears we already have our next boot in line with Andrea being the obvious odd-girl out.

Frankly, as distasteful as many have found it, RI remains the one wildcard in all of this, and for this episode, the story there was probably more compelling than the one back at camp.

1- B-Rob - The Zaps may blame the Third Reich manner in which they were handled on him. If not, he has played a perfect game up to this point. I don't see him being targeted any time soon. The girls won't conspire against him because they don't want Andrea in the finals. Grant and Phillip need Rob's protection. Grant because he is a challenge threat and Phillip because the girls can't stand him. Short of building his team's shelter, this is an even more complete game than he played in All Stars. The brief reference to that season at TC was my favorite moment of this episode. I think JP should bring up the history of Survivor more often. It's one of the advantages of having 22 seasons; use it. B-Rob played it perfect by just reiterating that he stayed loyal to Amber (and he honestly appeared to enjoy the memory as well). However, any of the girls thinking they are going to pull off an Amber are truly hoping for a Hail Mary in both the biblical and the gridiron sense. For one, none of the girls are doing for B-Rob what Amber did. For two, Amber played a MUCH stronger game (forever unrecognized) than any of these girls have. And for three, B-Rob lost a 4-3 vote mostly because of the bitterness of his "friends" outside of the game. As I have noted before, that was the most bitter jury of all time, and Survivor juries have changed A LOT since then. Even if things were to turn on him, he still has the HII that no one knows about, and it is getting late.

2. Matt - He gets his spot back as the #2 player. This so far uneventful season seems fated to be remembered for 3 players: Rob, Phillip and Matt. It doesn't even matter that he has played zero game. Other players are now finding his ordeal inspirational, and if he were somehow to make the FTC, I would contend no one in the history of the show has "survived" more in the truest sense of the word than this guy.

3. Phillip - After the debauchery of last week, he got a light edit this time around with his only confessionals centered around his shorts. I think the crew was smart enough to do everyone a favor by helping him get his shorts back. Good work. The correct quote from "A Few Good Men" is "You can't HANDLE the truth!" Of course. (water flying out of my mouth after taking a drink, aka "Liar, Liar") "AW, COME ON!!" Butchering famous lines from movies is a faux pas of taboo proportion. What is next? Frankly, my dear, I don't really care?

4. Grant - He actually got a confessional this time around and was shown with his head in the game as he targeted Andrea. Ironically, his challenge win saved Andrea. He needs to get rid of Phillip and Rob to win. His challenge prowess could win him some votes. It could also put a target on him as soon as this next episode. If Andrea were to win immunity, he might find out how much being Rob's right hand man means.

5. Ashley - Rob doesn't want to take her to end, and that is wise because she seems to be doing more in the game than Natalie. She also gave Grant a real good run for the money on the log roll, and I enjoyed watching her give him a run for his money. Her and Natalie's downfall might be that they aren't close enough to Andrea or Grant. The smart move would be to join with them to boot Rob. Boot Grant, then have a F4 of the 3 girls and Phillip. Then boot Andrea. Boom. Championship. RI puts a wrench in all that, of course.

6. Andrea - I have always liked her, and she is a cutie. But once again her confessionals were centered on Matt. She still seems to have no game without him. She said it exactly right in saying she felt guilty for what she did on a human level, not a game level. Of course, that confessional might suggest that she and Matt get together yet again, but it is looking like that might only be on RI as she is the likely next boot. She should inform the other girls that an F4 with them, Rob and Phillip will surely only see one of them going home. An F4 with Andrea and Phillip would be their best bet.

7. Natalie - Has the habit of disappearing at times but the camera does find her for reactions. Even if B-Rob takes her to the end, I don't see anything she's done to distinguish herself. Other than having a nice backside, she's no Amber.

8. Mike - Has stayed alive through 2 challenges now and got a confessional to talk about Matt. That probably had more to do with Matt than him.

9. Steve - Props for remembering a rather infamous moment in Survivor history. No props for not remembering 7 symbols, which would have saved him.

10. Ralph - What ever happened to the HII he used? This remains a grand mystery to me. It could have added some excitement to the game. Remember Ralph found it originally without a clue? Then why not this time? Perhaps because production chooses when it should be found and when it shouldn't. Just saying. Hard to believe no one is looking for it. Grant has heard two of the clues for one thing. Anyway, after Russell left, Rooster might as well went with him.

Booted... Finally...

Julie- Had some nice things to say during the game and a rather sad story for out the door. Maybe should have been more concerned with making friends than she was. Friends in the game don't hurt. Her departure leaves us with 10 players: 7 men and 3 women. I'm sure production is not pleased with that. At least the 3 left are the best 3.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... michel 04-29-11 1
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... michel 05-01-11 2
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... Brownroach 05-02-11 3
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... michel 05-02-11 5
       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... byoffer 05-02-11 6
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... byoffer 05-02-11 4
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... iltarion 05-03-11 8
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe Li... dabo 05-02-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 09:47 PM (EST)

I'll be back with a list soon but I wanted to say that I like your list!
Just a few points though:

- RI itself is responsible for the pagonging. Since players don't know when and how many players return, they cannot take a chance on leaving an outsider stand. Imagine if two (say Mike and Ralph) return at F4 and Steve is still there: Instant tie vote. Dumb twist.

- Rob is playing a good game and, unfortunately, a good game makes boring TV. Like Danger Dave Ball said: Survivor 101: Pop! Pop! Pop! That is why focusing so much of the episodes on strategy is dumb. They should show us more human stories, character development so that the season does not go down the tube simply because someone knows how to play.

I also like when Jeff mentions Survivor history but he usually gets it wrong!

You expected Phil would get a movie quote right!! The guy called Francesca, Francesqwa, his own tribe Ometempo and said that to mess with him was frutile (!)

Pre-merge idols do not get put back in play until both are used and then only 1 goes back. When Russell wasted his and Erik left with the other in pocket, only one was replaced. The same happened when Parvati gave the two to Jerri and Sandra at the merge.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-01-11, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
1- Rob: I would put him at number 1 just for saying why does there always have to be a twist. Exactly. But, more than that, he showed he was ready to face whatever Jeff was going to throw at him. Winning the second IC (one that didn't really favor him) removed all variables. Now is the time when it gets interesting. How will Rob dismantle Ometempo without losing the votes? I hope we see a master finish the work.

2- Phillip: It was fun to see him laugh at Julie.

3- Ashley: She looked concerned when Andrea said she was relying on Rob's word. Ashley could be rethinking her strategy.

4- Natalie: She's really only Ashley's little sister but she is following the best course of action for her.

5- Matt: I get it and I'm over it. Because of the stupid RI twist, Matt could win, the jury likes him but he isn't playing Survivor.

6- Andrea; Her little Ometepe! cheer during her vote showed her as being very naive and the rest of the episode showed her as a bad player but I did like her face full of chocolate.

7- Mike: Nice showing but still an irrelevant narrator.

8- Grant: His first choice to share reward proved that he is still Rob's puppet. If the guy would vote out Rob, the game would be his but he hasn't been shown as having independant thoughts.

9- Dumb and Dumber: They'll visit RI, make friends with Matt so he'd have two more sure votes but they won't last. Steve is dead already while Ralph just told us he isn't as good as he thought. Nice try with the girls but they did the same thing as those two had done to Krista and Stephanie. Karma!

Gone- Julie: Nice exit but what a waste if she was serious when she said she didn't want to make friends. Russell was giving her the game but she voted him out.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-11, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
We've been discussing the HII on the Spoiler board. Jeff actually said in one of his tweets or in his blog that there is currently no other HII out there except for the one that Rob has. So they didn't re-hide Ralph's.

The question is, if Rob plays his before the deadline is up, would they hide another one then? (i.e. is it only after both of the "original tribe" HIIs have been played that they hide another one?) Or would they even bother this late in the game, since it would seemingly necessitate a separate reward containing a clue?

I actually wish they would eliminate the HII, just because it never seems clear when a used one will be put back into circulation.

05-02-11, 06:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
In Fiji, the HII was replaced immediately after the Horsemen used the first one. Yau Man and Earl wound up with an idol each. Note that Jeff told them that the first idol would be replaced.

In China, they did not replace the idols James kept.

But, starting in Tocantins, they did not replace the idol that Brendan had and the other one was never used.

In Samoa, Erik and Russell had the two pre-merge idols and both idols were out of the game at the merge episode. Only one was replaced. The same happened in HvV so that seems to be the rule now but like you say, rules are not Survivor's strong point.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-11, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
I am sure it is just editing, but we have there has been very little talk in the show about the HIIs since the merge (other than Ralph playing one). They must be wondering what happened to the Ome HII, and yet I can't recall one mention of "flushing out the HII".

Not only are the non-Rob Omes not thinking about the HII, but this is something that the Zaps should have been commenting on to try to stir things up. My guess is that some of that must have been happening, but it has been left on the cutting room floor.

Otherwise, these guys are really showing a lack of game.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-11, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
At least the 3 left are the best 3.

Funny, but preseason Ashley looked like she would be the #1 eye-candy female this season, but the other two have really grown on me. So which is the best eye-candy??

From a challenge perspective, I had expected Ashley to be a real star having competed at the college-level in basketball. Other than the log-rolling challenge she has, IMO, really underperformed (even in the one that involved shooting baskets!), and the other girls have shown some strength. So which is best at challenges?? (I know it depends on the type of challenge)

It is surprising to go through this much of the season with the eye-candy still around. I wonder if that was part of Rob's plan to make his stay more enjoyable!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-03-11, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "

That's a good point that attractive women are often early targets unless they gain the protection of some man. It is somewhat rare that we have 3 attractive women this deep into the game. I would like to say that is a bonus for this season except the editing really hasn't taken advantage of that. We have seen more of Phillip's pink undershorts than any of the 3 girls.

>

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-11, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #11 Lvoe List "
01. Andrea. Of the six remaining Ometepe/Murloniods, five are actually playing the game, three on their own terms, two interestingly. Andrea is one of those two, the Underdog. Her social game makes her a threat but has served her well so far in this game.

02. Rob. Rob's game isn't interesting, it is a difficult one of having to maintain control. Basically, it looks like this is his game to lose. And I think he will.

03. Grant. Grant is the solid wingman to Rob, and sticks to Rob like glue. His game has been pretty straight-forward, which makes him good for the win if he can get to Final. He may not realize it but the wingman's best move is to take out his leader and take control himself at some point. But maybe he does realize it.

04. Natalie. Natalie is coat-tailing, which is a perfectly valid strategy in this game and makes her a potential winner. Unfortunately, her laziness may do her in.

05. Phillip. Crazy bonkers wild card, his game gets in the way of everyone else's game. No one really likes him, though, so he has overplayed the crazy bonkers game.

06. Ashley. Well, she's there.

RI

Matt. Great nice guy and an infuriating bore, not to mention one of the lousiest players ever seen in this game. May become the first (and please only ever) player to be voted out three times in the same game.

Mike. Another nice guy and I wish they would show more of his story because it should be interesting.

Ralph. The farmer, the fisher, the camp workdog.

Steve. The guy tried but the game beat him.

Good-bye.

Julie. Enjoy the Ponderosa.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •