The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boston Rob's BIG Move"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-24-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boston Rob's BIG Move"
Wondering why we can not get more talk about the actual game of Survivor on this site. All these games and no talk. I’d go to other sites but do not want to have spoilers ruin things for me.

My comments are about Boston Rob’s BIG move last night. If you ask me it was a very stupid move. First off, the team isn’t exactly winning challenges so voting out one of the strongest male players isn’t too smart when the other team started with a 5 to 4 male advantage. Rob now has a very unstable and untrusting player like Phillip he is going to have to ride. Didn’t help that Rob told Phillip to vote for Kristina when they voted for Matt. On top of that Matt, was loyal to Rob. He did not have to worry about Matt for some time. The biggest worry is getting to the merge with an advantage of players. Matt being the Christian is more likely to stick with his original alliance so the thought of him defecting is not strong to begin with. On top of all that he now has made enemies on his tribe. Who’s to say Kristina, Phillip, Amy, and another person don’t see him now as a threat and vote him out. All this was because Rob was worried this early about a couples alliance?????? If you ask me Rob way overplayed this one. He made a risky move that has more negatives than positives and now should be paranoid about being voted out next. Honestly I see Grant being the guy that orchestrates his elimination.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move Tummy 02-24-11 1
 RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move iltarion 02-24-11 2
 Simple explanation IceCat 02-24-11 3
   RE: Simple explanation Wacko Jacko 02-24-11 4
 RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move crs3192 02-24-11 5
 RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move Jims02 02-24-11 6
   RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move michel 02-24-11 7
       RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move iltarion 02-24-11 8
 RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move KuwabaraTheMan 02-24-11 9
   RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move Wacko Jacko 02-25-11 10
       RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move sportsjoe 02-26-11 11
           RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move garyc 03-02-11 12
 RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move michel 03-03-11 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-11, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
So glad you posted here. The only time I go to spoilers anymore is to read the live thread but then by the next day there's no discussion.

I agree with Rob's move. I looked an the DH and went "Why?!" He was saying how Matt was already playing his end game which Rob thought was dumb, but second tribal was too early to get rid of him. At first I thought maybe there was much more behind the scenes stuff going on with Matt and Ashley(the little blonde). But then you could tell they were both blindsided and loyal to Rob.

So now he's gotten rid of a loyal, athletic, strong player. Made an enemy of a loyal alliance member. And kept an unstable person, that even Rob admitted is a powder keg.

I can't tell what Rob thought he was gaining from that move.

Loved the fact that Rooster found the HII AND called Russell out on the HII clue! I so hope Rooster buries Russell....with the HII! Now that would be sweet.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-24-11, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"

Good thread, WJ. Talk about the show whenever you want.

I touched on this in Gufus and will probably again on my list, but yes, I believe Rob way overplayed this one. It is actually kind of funny to see someone who has been on 3 seasons make the classical "play the end game before the short game" mistake, which is only 2nd to starting a land war in Asia when it comes to major blunders.

Of course, isn't this the same mistake he made in Marquesas? So, for both he and Russell, this could be the story of two vets NOT learning from their mistakes.

Rob preached the alliance of 6, and well he should because he made the FTC in All Stars on the back of arguably the strongest alliance of 6 Survivor has ever seen. At best, by breaking that six and booting Matt, Rob has reduced that six to an alliance of 4, which gets you no where in Survivor unless you have an HII to play, and at the same time, the move should make it clear to Natalie, Grant, and Ashley that it isn't about alliance; anyone who Rob wants to boot is fair game.

Matt being a good guy and playing the social game? So what? All that means is that no one will want to take him to the end. Him being a devout Christian also makes it less likely that the guy will lie to your face. If you ask me, a good guy to have around!

Rob said he knows the power of a couple in this game. True, but he seems to be forgetting that he and Amber paired with another couple- Jenna and Rupert. Without them, he and Amber never make the end.

I think the bottom line is that Rob bought into Phillip's BS about owning his vote. Philip was the good soldier this time around. We'll see how long that lasts.

>

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-11, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Simple explanation"

Three

Time

Loser

02-24-11, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Simple explanation"
On top of that, I see Matt is a guy who can survive Redemption Island. Rob should have taken the easy way out and voted Phillip out. If I am playing this game I would not want to rely on Phillip the rest of the way...Rob now has to do that. And he has to rely on the others in his alliance to want to align with Phillip also.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-11, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
I agree with what you`re saying. At the time, I was like WOW. So smart! But then, I thought about the problems it creates and realized how bad a choice it was. I think that Rob actually should have voted out Andrea (I think that`s the blond girl`s name) - she seems like a stronger mental player, but not as good physically. I can`t see her surviving on Redemption Island against Francesca but I can definitely see Matt coming back. Also, I think that Andrea would get angrier about Matt`s boot than Matt would get about her boot. You know what I mean? It would have been easier to coax Matt back on to Rob's side after getting rid of Andrea.

I love Rob, and he obviously proved he can pull of big moves, but I don't think this was the right move at all. I just don't want to see him go!

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-11 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

Completely agree.

In general, I don't understand why people are so eager to fracture their alliance pre-merge. All it does is create outsiders who are eager to jump ship when a merge/swap comes. I mean, look what happened to Timbira when they merged. They were easy pickings for J.T. and Stephen. If they would've just voted out Phillip this week, the only potential defector they have is Kristina. Instead, now they have Kristina and Andrea.

This is sometimes one of the less appreciated components of pre-merge strategy on Survivor. The game ALWAYS seems to shift dramatically around a switch or a merge, almost always due to a detractor selling out an alliance. What's the disadvantage to keeping everyone happy and stupid? Keep 'em loyal and then cut their throats.

And, really? Phillip? That's who you want to rely on to get through the game? I get that he's a vote in the back pocket (right now), but he's too volatile to be seen as a long-term solution.

After reading michel's thread in Bashers, I'm kinda suspecting some Producer Manipulation on this one. It seems pretty obvious that the producers absolutely love Phillip.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Jims, you took the words right out of my mouth. Keeping Phillip was in the best interest of SEG, not Boston Rob! But, no proof.

As for the move, one word: Stupid.

Matt had a man-crush on Rob. So what if he had a couple's alliance with Andrea, Rob controlled 4 votes to their 2. Now, he has to worry about Kristina and Andrea if the tribes swap, he has to worry about having the numbers at merge and he has to worry that Andrea can use what he told her to get Phillip, Ashley and Grant against Rob. With Kristina, Andrea is only 2 short of majority on Ometepe.
(Imagine Rob's problem if Kristina had kept her idol.)

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-24-11, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"

The HII will be back in play now. Kristina found it once. She could find it again.

That is also a big point that I had wanted to mention and forgot- that Matt was completely starstruck over Rob. It was like Ozzy cutting Eric loose.

>

KuwabaraTheMan 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-24-11, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KuwabaraTheMan Click to send private message to KuwabaraTheMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
I think it was probably too early to make this move, but I don't think that Matt's strength should have really entered into the equation. Rob had a choice between him and Philip. He decided to keep Philip (who is probably not going to be a strategic threat but will be unpredictable) over Matt (who could be more a social and strategic threat). Time will tell if it was the right move or not (Philip could well be miffed about Rob telling him to vote for Kristina), but it may have been the best opportunity to vote out Matt.

02-25-11, 10:24 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
You guys really think that Phillip is in Rob’s back pocket? He’s as unstable as they come.

Rob's got three people for sure to worry about and you know what Grant and a couple of those girls haven’t had confessionals yet, I’d like to know what they are thinking. My guess is they are not as glued to Rob as we are being led to believe. Rob needed to keep together his core alliance and not start breaking it up at the second tribal council. I too was rooting for Rob, but not sure I care now. I almost feel like I am rooting for both Rob and Russell to get evicted.

On the topic of Rob and Russell. Rob has changed his game somewhat since the beginning, but Russell why do I get the feeling this guy hasn’t learned a thing from his first two experiences. His game has been identical..other than maybe he isn’t yet sabotaged camp.

sportsjoe 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sportsjoe Click to send private message to sportsjoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
Lol don't even get me started on the stupid hidden immunity idol. Why don't you just put it out in the open. Can it be any easier, what a friggin joke. I said it before when Russell was finding them like the easter eggs at the White House Roll. It's turned it into a joke and I'm seeing alot of strategy based on it. Bad move for the show. It's really dumbing down the game.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-11, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-11 AT 10:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-02-11 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Rob is entertaining, but think his presence, and reputation, could have a dampening effect on other tribemembers; potentially preventing them from speaking up and trying for a leadership role. It's why I'd like to see both Rob and Russell go early. That and not wanting to see Russell intimidate another tribe into submission.

Feel like both do have something of an unfair advantage from number of times they've played before.

EDITED AFTER THE EPISODE: Apparently not so much of an advantage for Russell.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-11, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Boston Rob's BIG Move"
I have to reconsider my original position. OK, it was an unplanned consequence but Rob's move opened the door for Zapatera to throw the challenge and boot Russell. It also gave Rob a 2nd loyal vote in a group of 5 that he can now break up the way he wants. They still haven't proven that they can win challenges that aren't handed to them but it may work out after all!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •