The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Trivia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-10, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Trivia"
Here's a link to some good Survivor trivia, at IMDB.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239195/trivia

Does anyone want to ask a Survivor trivia question, covering all the seasons, and we'll see who can answer it?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Trivia michel 12-11-10 1
   RE: Survivor Trivia Aruba 12-11-10 2
   RE: Survivor Trivia ohmyheck 12-12-10 3
       RE: Survivor Trivia michel 12-12-10 4
           RE: Survivor Trivia Aruba 12-12-10 5
               RE: Survivor Trivia michel 12-12-10 6
                   RE: Survivor Trivia ohmyheck 12-13-10 9
                   RE: Survivor Trivia Aruba 12-13-10 10
                       RE: Survivor Trivia michel 12-13-10 11
                           RE: Survivor Trivia Aruba 12-14-10 17
   question dabo 12-12-10 7
       RE: question michel 12-12-10 8
           RE: question iltarion 12-14-10 12
               RE: question michel 12-14-10 18
 RE: Survivor Trivia SpotTheDifference 12-14-10 13
   RE: Survivor Trivia ohmyheck 12-14-10 14
       RE: Survivor Trivia SpotTheDifference 12-14-10 15
   RE: Survivor Trivia michel 12-14-10 16
       RE: Survivor Trivia SpotTheDifference 12-14-10 19
           Comments and new Questions. michel 12-15-10 20
               RE: Comments and new Questions. SpotTheDifference 12-15-10 21
                   RE: Comments and new Questions. michel 12-19-10 22
                       RE: Comments and new Questions. television 12-21-10 23
                           RE: Comments and new Questions. michel 12-21-10 24
                               RE: Comments and new Questions. SpotTheDifference 12-21-10 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-10, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
I have one regarding winner's votes:

Which winners of Survivor have voted with the majority the most often and which has voted most often for a player that didn't leave.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-11-10, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-10 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

Great questions Michel!

The first one is easy: Natalie (Samoa) for two reasons: 1) the quintessential coattail rider, who Russell made a millionaire, did whatever Russell told her to do; 2) Foa Foa sucked so badly at tribal challenges she went to TC often.

I'm stumped on the second one? I would guess it's probably a winner who did not assume a leadership role on a tribe thus not spearheading a voting bloc or did not suck up to the leader. I'm going to take a WILD guess...and this guess is SO wild it's from the only season I refused to watch (because of the travesty of having players come back not only a second time, but a THIRD time.)
Sandra (H vs. V) She certainly fits the criteria I mentioned above and I did watch the Finale/Reunion Show from this season with my sister and nieces. I recall Russell saying something at the Reunion when accurately justifying why Sandra could NOT be considered the best player of all-time. He said she was dead set on getting rid of Russell and couldn't even do THAT right! LOL. That would lead me to believe she probably voted Russell at TC and obviously he was never eliminated because he made the Finals.

Like I said, a blind shot in the dark, but that second part of the question is a real toughie and I'm going from memory.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-10, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
I'll go with Natalie for the first one, but as for the second? Maybe Vecepia or Bob because they were usually in the minority, but maybe Tom just because they never really went to tribal council.

12-12-10, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
Actually Tom only voted once for a player that didn't leave: Ian at F4. I'm looking more for perfect records, either always voting for the person voted out or voting often for someone that wasn't voted out.

So, although Natalie had a perfect record and 14 votes cast to eliminate someone, I have her tied with Tina, Ethan, Brian, Amber, Yul, Earl and Todd who also had perfect records.

I think Vecepia made 4 "wrong" votes: She didn't vote for Peter, Patricia, Sean and Paschal to leave but I'd like confirmation on the first two.
Danni didn't vote for Brandon, BJ or Gary.
Bob made 3 "wrong" votes: He didn't vote for Marcus, Charlie and Corinne.
In HvV, Sandra also made only 3 "wrong" votes: She didn't vote for Tyson, Rob and Danielle.

I asked the question mainly because Fabio, if he is going to win, has already voted for the "wrong" person 5 times: He didn't vote for Shannon, Kelly B., Jill, Marty or Benry! I wanted to be sure we were witnessing a record.

12-12-10, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
There was no doubt in my mind that quite a few winners had perfect voting records eliminating a castaway. I thought you were asking for the most times. Did any of the others you mentioned vote with the majority 14 or more times?

As for the second part...your memory is phenomenal!
But I do recall from my memory that Bob (although he gave a fake idol to Randy) definitely did NOT vote for him. I think he voted for pathetically inept Susie instead. The reason I remember that is I recall coming back from TC and Bob being upset at the others who exhibited horrible sportsmanship by laughing and mocking Randy who played the fake idol. If that is correct it would make FOUR times for Bob.

I was going to guess Vecepia first, but I was on the fence whether to count Paschal's elimination. No one (from the ENTIRE season as a matter of fact) ever voted for Paschal who was victimized by the most ridiculous travesty in Survivor History--the infamous "purple rock." So IMHO I didn't count that one.

In any event if Fabio wins this season then I agree we would most surely be witnessing a record.

12-12-10, 01:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-10 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

Thanks, you are right about Bob. (That's the problem working from memory)

I do count Vee's vote for Neleh because it's my main argument against those who say that she played a great game (they do exist). If Neleh had been voted out there was no way Vee could win against Kathy or Paschal so she was very lucky to get that tie. I still would like someone to confirm that she didn't vote for Peter and Patricia though. I think she voted against Sarah both times but I'm not sure.

I should have phrased my question better because the number of correct votes doesn't interest me as much as percentages of "correct" votes. The number of TCs depends too much on the number of castaways to start and on twists. Take Earl for example: He lost often but, because of four twists (he was on Exile Island when Erica was voted out, Moto decided to keep shelter and go to TC despite winning the IC, Earl was in camp when half the merged tribe went to TC to vote out Michelle and the F3 meant one less TC) Earl only went to 9 TCs. Despite being in a 19 player season that is 2 LESS than Hatch and Tina in the original format. Only Tom, who has the winner's record for voting only 7 times, went to less TCs than Earl. Surprising, isn't it?

Besides Natalie, no other winner ever went to 14 TCs. Chris, Danni and Sandra went to 12 which is second most. Yes, Foa Foa was weak but don't forget that twists bloated that number of TCs Natalie attended: The early merge meant 2 more TCs that everyone had to attend and there were two TCs in one episode.

I hope that Fabio goes for the record. With two remaining HII, the possibility is there for another "wrong" vote!

ETA: If some of the numbers provided aren't correct, let me know

12-13-10, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
Vecepia voted for Patricia, but not for Peter.

12-13-10, 08:13 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
OK..."percentage" of time is different than "most often." I was thinking most often because I figured there were several winners who voted with the majority every TC they attended. And, like you, I do count the F3 TC where the two "votes" cancel each other out.

Vee and Sean partnered within the first minute of the game and wanted Sarah out immediately, so I will confirm Vee voting for Sarah and not Peter on ep. 1. Rob and Sarah joined forces with Vee/Sean for a four-person alliance instrumental in blindsiding Hunter on ep. 3. If this alliance was formed as early as ep. 2, then ohmyheck may be correct in saying Vee did vote to boot Patricia. If that is correct, and even counting the greatest travesty in Survivor history (purple pock,) that would make three for Vecepia. So Bob with four currently has the record.

I should have guessed Bob because I nailed the criteria in my initial post...not taking the leadership role on the tribe and/or not sucking up to the leader. In Gabon the leadership role on Kota was taken by that young good-looking doctor (I forgot his name)...was the one some gay boy was following around like a dog in heat. Bob never sucked up to him either...actually Bob pretty much paddled the beat of his own drum. Fabio pretty much follows that criteria too.

With Fabio already having five "wrong" votes, if he wins he established a new record even if he votes with the majority the last time times this season.

12-13-10, 07:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
Actually, all of Bob's "wrong" votes started when Marcus was voted out so it had nothing to do with not sucking up to him. The Kotas were being mowed down one-by-one by Sugar and her gang so Bob was mostly out of the loop.

12-14-10, 07:31 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
My criteria was not to suggest any type of specific timeframe but merely to provide the MO of a player conducive to doing their own thing and not following a majority.

"Sugar and her gang"????? ROFLMAO

The gay boy's blindside (I forgot his name,) who Bob did not vote for, was orchestrated by Ken. And Corrine's blindside, who Bob also did not vote for, was orchestrated by Ken and Crystal.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-10, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "question"
In F3 to F2 vote-off scenarios where two people didn't vote because their votes would cancel each other out, are we counting those noncast votes?

12-12-10, 04:56 PM (EST)
8. "RE: question"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-10 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

I did but it's not a rule: As with seasoning, do it to your taste!

For me, Jeff always says that those votes cancel each other out so they are implied. If you don't count them, then we lose a few perfect records; Tina, Ethan and Amber.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-10, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: question"

I couldn't care less about this particular question. I am just posting to point out that all of this information is available online. It doesn't have to be from memory.

>

12-14-10, 07:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: question"
Maybe but then it's like homework and what's fun in that?

SpotTheDifference 906 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-14-10, 06:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
Here's a couple:

1. How many people have been voted out/eliminated from the game without losing a single challenge (i.e., if someone sits out of a challenge, they did not participate in it)?

2. Who has/have gone the longest without losing a challenge?

12-14-10, 01:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
1. No idea

2. Laura from Galu in Samoa?

12-14-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
Laura is correct Her first loss was in the Episode 9 Reward challenge. She sat out all of the challenges that Galu lost during the tribal phase (Ep1 RC, Ep4 IC).

12-14-10, 07:27 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-10 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

1- I'd say 3: I know Liliana never lost but was voted out, Gary also from Fiji, won them all before quitting and I think Janet in Amazon sat out the episode 2IC after winning the first two challenges.

I don't include Palau's Jonathan and Wanda because they lost a challenge to Jolanda and Ian. I'd be tempted to count Melissa McNulty who never lost a challlenge but eliminated herself!

2- If you go by immunity challenges, Boo and Cassandra didn't lose one until episode 10.

12-14-10, 11:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor Trivia"
There were four: Dolly, Gary, Liliana, and Russell S.

Dolly sat out the Ep2 IC in Vanuatu where she was voted out. Liliana never experienced a loss but Moto gave up immunity to keep their "luxury". Gary sat out the Ep4 RC before he was evacuated. Like Laura, Russell S. sat out both times that Galu lost before he was evacuated.

You could also make a case for four other people:
1. Burton never lost a challenge before he was initially voted out. He sat out the Ep4 IC before he was voted out.

2. The first challenge in Palau was never billed by Jeff as an "immunity challenge". He just said that there were two immunity necklaces in the beach. If this doesn't count as an actual challenge, then Wanda, Jonathan, and Willard (of all people) never lost a challenge before they were voted out.

12-15-10, 07:15 PM (EST)
20. "Comments and new Questions."
Thanks, I had forgotten about Dolly but I usually consider players that sit out of a challenge losers along with their teams.

On that note, Russell S certainly participated in the first challenge because he picked all the players. Marisa even said that they won because of Mick's choices so I can't see why the loss can't be placed partly on Russell's shoulders. And Drake's episode 4IC loss was totally due to Burton's "brilliant" idea to throw the challenge so he has to be blamed for that loss.

Palau's race to shore was a challenge and if Jonathan or Wanda had won they wouldn't have been eliminated. It's hard to say they were eliminated without losing a challenge. And did Willard sit out the ICs that Koror lost? Even if he did he was still in that first challenge. Had he won it, no one would have said he was weak.

BTW, interesting trivia about Willard that wasn't shown on TV so I'll make it a question: What "Brilliant" idea did Willard have on day 1 that went a long way to get him voted out?

And speaking of Willard: How many castaways lied about their occupations to avoid being voted out? I ask this but I don't have the answer! I'll be looking for answers on the internet as Iltarion suggested but maybe we could work it out if we have enough contributors.

12-15-10, 11:56 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Comments and new Questions."
And did Willard sit out the ICs that Koror lost?

I assume this was a mistype and you meant RCs. Willard sat out four challenges: Ep2 RC (Koror loss), Ep3 RC (Koror loss), Ep4 IC (Koror win), and Ep5 RC (Koror win).

How many castaways lied about their occupations to avoid being voted out?

There's Willard, Gary H., and Crystal (to an extent). Can't think of anyone else from the top of my head.

12-19-10, 12:54 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Comments and new Questions."
You are right about those 3. I haven't had time to research it but I'll add Marcus who didn't say he was a doctor, Sugar who didn't say she was an actress and Russell who said he was a firefighter.

As for the Willard trivia, the fake-postman pretended to faint on day 1. He thought it would be a brilliant idea in order to get additional water from production. It told everybody to eliminate him ASAP. Only Caryn, fearing for her own safety, thought it would be smart to select him.

television 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-21-10, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Comments and new Questions."
Didn't Dan and Terry keep their occupations purposely a secret? I remember a scene with them revealing it to each other... although I guess that very fact might disqualify them, depending on what criteria you use. Is this people that went through the whole game without anyone knowing their real occupation? Because in that case I think Danni said she knew who Gary was, for example. Did they have to lie actively, or just not share? Or what if they revealed it to one person and not others?

12-21-10, 08:32 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Comments and new Questions."
You can take it any way you like because I have no rules. Danni guessed but Gary denied so I'd say that qualifies him. At first, Dan said he was an engineer which was true and later he added that he had been on the space shuttle. I don't remember what Terry said at first but I remember him telling everyone of his adventures as a fighter pilot after the merge.

Thinking of EI, I seem to remember that Bobdawg didn't tell anyone he was a lawyer.

12-21-10, 09:51 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Comments and new Questions."
I believe Terry said he was a FedEx pilot. I think I also remember (though I might be wrong about this) that Willard wasn't the only lawyer who claimed a different job title during the show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •