The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-10, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Side A: It's arguably about time. If you have no interest in fighting for your place in the game, then why should you have any say in determining the outcome?

Side B: Take out last night's quitter votes and Chase wins.

Side B is scary.

Na'Onka, of course, would argue she was a medical quit. Self-diagnosed.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... vince3 12-20-10 1
   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... Estee 12-20-10 2
       RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... dabo 12-20-10 3
 RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... suzzee 12-20-10 4
 RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-20-10 5
   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... PsychoKitty 12-20-10 6
       RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... iltarion 12-21-10 7
           RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-21-10 8
 RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... grit 12-21-10 9
   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... Belle Book 12-21-10 10
       RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-21-10 11
           RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... iltarion 12-22-10 12
               RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... dabo 12-22-10 13
                   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... iltarion 12-22-10 14
               RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-22-10 18
                   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... iltarion 12-23-10 19
                       RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-23-10 20
                           RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... iltarion 12-23-10 21
                               RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-23-10 22
                                   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... iltarion 12-25-10 25
                                       RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-25-10 26
               RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... PepeLePew13 01-04-11 29
                   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... Brownroach 01-12-11 30
           RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... Colonel Zoidberg 12-22-10 15
               RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... dabo 12-22-10 16
               RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-22-10 17
                   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... Estee 12-24-10 23
                       RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... michel 12-24-10 24
                   RE: The new 'no votes for non-medic... Colonel Zoidberg 12-25-10 27
 Not so New michel 01-03-11 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
NaOnka and Purple Kelly split their votes, so if they didn't count, Fabio would've won 4-3 instead of 5-4...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-20-10, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Huh. My bad: I was looking at the ESCT and I thought it said both quitters went for Jud.

*rechecks thread*

Dabo's post: On Wiki it says Holly, Jane, Brenda, Alina voted for Chase. Marty, Dan, Benry, NaOnka, Purple Kelly voted for Fabs.

Damn, the quitters voted right.

And then there was some follow-up confusion on Wikipedia as votes got shuffled around throughout the night. We may be waiting on CBS to get a final jury poll.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-10, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Ah, so that's what happened. I should know better than to rely on Wiki but they had actually updated their page, daggone they're quick.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-20-10, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
That rule change is as wishy-washy as Chase at his finest. They could have done that this time unless that is an actual contract clause or something. I wonder if either N or K would have quit if they had been told they would not be jury bound or better yet not invited to the reunion.

Let it snow

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-10, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
I see two problems with that: 1- We may actually see someone do what Kathleen thought of doing, that is cutting off a couple of fingers to get taken out. Or we'll see more arguments just to get voted out. Someone that wants to quit will find a way to get out.

2- Removing a juror will hurt someone's game and that someone may not deserve to lose a vote.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-10, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
I like the earlier Blur Idea, . . . certainly don't want the quitters to negatively effect any of the remaining players outcome; so maybe they could be blurred out, and not allowed to ask questions during the FTC, and still vote?

It certainly didn't seem right to give Na'Oinka yet more screen time last night! And did you listen to her mom? That was hilarious! She didn't even know where to begin describing her daughter ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-21-10, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."

Like many of us said weeks ago, quitters should not get a vote. That is what is right.

Anyone who wants to quit still can. Just walk up to a member of the crew and say, "I quit." How about them apples?

Of course someone quitting affects the game, that is one reason why it is frowned upon. If someone quits and you don't get their vote, that's the price you pay for aligning with a quitter. Sux for you.

>

12-21-10, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
But penalizing people will prevent them from going to a crew member and saying they want to quit as you propose. The players will find other ways to quit and it may be worse than Kelly's and Nay's honesty.

And I'll have you note that Jeff didn't say what was right, just that they reserve the right to say if you are on the jury or not. I have a feeling that will just create a double standard: Someone like Kelly will be thrown out, a Nay would be kept.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-21-10, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
I think a better way of handling the non-medical quitters would be to:

-Make them forfeit any claim to the money they would have received for exiting the game at the point that they left. Take the money they would have received and distribute it equally among the remaining survivors.

-Make them stay in a separate camp from Losers Lodge with minimal food and amenities. Maybe have a regular camping tent with sleeping bags and make the quitters cook their own meals over a campfire. No showers. No electricity.

-Make them attend tribal councils and sit on the jury but the camera crew will be prohibited from capturing their faces on camera.

-Do not allow them to talk at the final tribal council.

-Exclude the quitters from the reunion show.

-Send the quitters a bill for airfare to and from the Survivor site and all food and lodging they received while with Survivor (that rice at camp probably costs thousands of dollars).

I got sliced!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-21-10, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
I'd like them to forfeit the money they'd get at the point they exited the game as well. That would really cause the would-be quitters to think twice before quitting.

12-21-10, 07:05 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-10 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

I think Grit was only being sarcastic...

Belle, say I want to quit and I hate someone that's still there. I could start a fight that would get both of us tossed out. I wouldn't have quit so I'd still get my money but I also get the satisfaction of getting someone else out. Even if the contract excludes fighters from getting money, then I could still figure that I've got nothing to lose.

I don't know what's the fuss about quitters. We had one (BB) in season 1 episode #2 so it's not anything new. We've had more than a dozen over the years. Palau was full of them: 4 official quitters (Ashlee, Jeff, Janu and Ian) + 2 (Kim and Ibe) that simply gave up. Why does everyone love Palau?

If Survivor had given Na and Kelly adequate clothes they wouldn't have quit. But we like those bikinis...

12-22-10, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."

Oh, I see, quitting is nothing new and there have been a dozen, so we should all be fine with it. Nice argument. What's the fuss about adultery? It has been around forever and everyone does it. Hahaha....

Giving up, usually because you are about to be booted, is not the same as quitting. Really, Janu and JFP shouldn't be counted as quitters. They were arguably both about to be booted anyway, as were most the other people you mentioned. Osten, Nay and Kelly are true quitters. They were in no danger from the game. They simply just couldn't hack it. Oh, they were cold. I guess I missed the parkas everyone else got to wear.

We both know MB doesn't mind a quitter or two, hence the lack of clothes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't mind it.

Ian made the most noble gesture ever done in the show. He didn't quit. He allowed his friends to move on. It was a selfless gesture. That is the complete opposite of what Nay and Kelly did.

>

12-22-10, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Quitting at jury stage only happened once before, though. And the way it was reported at the time Janu didn't negotiate staying on the jury as a condition before she quit; she wanted desperately to quit but professional showgirl mode kicked in and she didn't want to ruin the production, she held off quitting until she was assured that it wouldn't mess up Survivor. The show must go on. So, there was a credible reason for keeping her on the jury.

But it had nothing to do with fairness to the players relying on her vote at final, and that shouldn't matter anyway, nor should that it would leave an alliance in the lurch or mess up the Pagonging. Roll with the punches, Survivor players, there are no assurances. This time NaOnka and Kelly just quit under the assumption they would be on the jury, there was nothing in the rules except the Janu precedent to guide what happened, from now on they have it covered that production can do whatever they decide is best. Yay!

Don't want your buddy quitting, talk them out of quitting. Better yet, don't align with insane drama queens or brainless beach bunnies or other potential quitters.

12-22-10, 02:33 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."

You and me, dabo, are in complete agreement on this.

>

12-22-10, 08:06 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Iltarion wrote:

>Oh, I see, quitting is nothing
>new and there have been
>a dozen, so we should
>all be fine with it.
>Nice argument. What's the fuss
>about adultery? It has been
>around forever and everyone does
>it. Hahaha....
>

Adultery? Now that's a perfectly hilarious comparison. What do you propose we do to adulterers? Get them thrown out of their private country clubs? Fire them from their boardrooms? We do nothing to adulterers except listen to their stories of how they banged their secretary while the wife was busy with the kids. Heck! We offer them another round!

>Giving up, usually because you are
>about to be booted, is
>not the same as quitting.
>Really, Janu and JFP shouldn't
>be counted as quitters. They
>were arguably both about to
>be booted anyway, as were
>most the other people you
>mentioned. Osten, Nay and Kelly
>are true quitters. They were
>in no danger from the
>game.

So, in other words it was Osten, Nay and Kelly's choice. Aren't we in a free country? Did it cost you anything that they quit? Did they owe you anything?

They simply just couldn't
>hack it.

It happens. Every year, teams in every imaginable sport invest a lot of money on their rookies but many can't hack it and they quit.

>We both know MB doesn't mind
>a quitter or two, hence
>the lack of clothes, but
>that doesn't mean we shouldn't
>mind it.

What do you call that? I call it exploitation. I find it very understandable that someone would say: "This is crazy. I'm not going to go through this anymore."

>Ian made the most noble gesture
>ever done in the show.

Noble? He had messed up and didn't know how to fix it so he did the stupidest thing possible.

>He didn't quit.

Of course he did. He stepped down voluntarily with nothing to gain from it except "friendship".

Dabo wrote:

>>Quitting at jury stage only
>happened once before, though."

Sorry, but I count 3: Janu, Ian and Lisi. From the tribal swap until she was voted out Lisi kept on saying that she would quitting. Alex finally decided he had enough. That's quitting.

>>"And the way it was reported
>at the time Janu didn't negotiate
>staying on the jury as a condition
>before she quit;"

Read those reports again because Jeff was quite clear: The reason it took so long was because Janu didn't want to say she was quitting until she was assured to be on the jury.
The only other version of that story that we heard was from those Jeff-bashers who claimed that he convinced Janu to quit in order to save Stephenie. Either way, the precedent is that the show made sure a quitter could be on the jury.

The show must go on? Please. Janu had stopped caring for days.

>"from now on they have it covered
>that production can do whatever
>they decide is best. Yay!"

No. Boo! Because now we will not know what happens to quitters. Some will get preferential treatment and will sit on the jury while others will be sent away. Double standards are nothing to rejoice about and it will make it harder for Survivors to "roll with the punches." A game needs rules. People that we exploit for our amusement need compassion not fines and penalties.

12-23-10, 02:50 AM (EST)
19. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-10 AT 03:13 AM (EST)

Wow... how can one respond to that?

nothing happens to adulterers...see Tiger Woods... women getting stoned in Iran...

men applauding and buying rounds for guys who cheat on their wives...

exploitation of people who sign up for, agree to, and get paid to be on TV...

Being selfless is "stupid"...

"many" rookies in every sport quitting...

That post is straight out of bizarro world.

Wow.

quitters boo- dabo and iltarion
quitters yay- michel

I think I'll just leave it at the already established.

>

12-23-10, 08:39 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Using Iran as model? And you call me bizarre?

And Tiger didn't do any jail time and he wasn't suspended from the PGA. It was his public image of being squeeky clean that got hurt in this politically correct sick world.

To make it clear, I don't like quitters but I don't make a fuss about it. It's normal under those circumstances and I don't want to see someone hurt themself as a result of public disapproval.

Ian wasn't being selfless, he was confused.

What don't you understand about rookies not hacking it? Very few draft choices make it to the majors, most stay in the minors because "they can't hack it" as you said and, after a while, they move on to something else like selling cars. That's a form of quitting.

12-23-10, 04:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."

Right. Tiger didn't suffer any consequences from his repeated adultery. It isn't like he lost $100 million or got divorced or lost most of his endorsements or ruined his social image or became a part time parent of his children or suffered through his worst season as a professional. Oh wait.

Iran isn't the only country with Sharia law or a version of it. Committing adultery in many countries is a serious offense.

But, regardless, even in secular countries like this one, there are always consequences. If I did it, I could lose my marriage, half the custody of my children, half of everything I own, and the respect of everyone close to me. Personally, I would rather do jail time.

Other than that, you are right; nothing bad happens to adulterers. We practically sit around and applaud them, buy them drinks- GREAT JOB, MAN! PROUD OF YOU!- HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Of course, in your scenario, you seemed to be specifically targeting the rich- "country clubs... boardrooms." I don't know if that means only the rich commit adultery or only the rich don't care. Both are equally preposterous so... I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe you were just watching Mad Men at the time.

Baseball players in the minors are not rookies. You don't become a rookie until you make the team. Rookies in any sport rarely quit. Any athlete quitting DURING a season is extremely frowned upon. It also irks me when a coach does the same, which is becoming more prevalent.

No one wants to see anyone hurt themselves, but like I said before, quitting isn't being made any more difficult. Simply walk up to the crew and quit. If not getting a jury vote is going to stop you from quitting, then apparently you don't want to quit that bad. And like what you said about quitting, if someone really wants to hurt themselves, they'll find a reason why.

Ian we'll just forever disagree about. Props to him.

"politically correct sick world" - now there's something we can agree on.

>

12-23-10, 07:36 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
First of all, I think Tiger, who has made over $1 Billion dollars shooting commercials should be held to a higher standard than two nobodies who quit a game show. Even if you don't agree about that then Tiger is the exception that confirms the rule. There are many people who cheat on their spouses and don't suffer any consequences. Instead they are called "Ladies' man" and envied by many of their friends. Ever listen to the roar of applause that Tiger still receives!!!!!!

And I assure you that the we I used to say that "we" do nothing to adulterers didn't include the Ayatollahs. I meant us here watching Survivor in North America. I didn't think it needed specifying.

I also said that the quitters will face tough times from their families, friends and neighbours so telling me that your wife would ask for a divorce and you could lose half of everything you own doesn't compare. Do you personaly know Kelly or Na'Onka? The "we" is the general public and they don't care about the vast majoirity of adulterers, why would the general public care that much about quitters?

As for the semantics of baseball, I think it was clear I meant the youngsters that were drafted, that don't take their development seriously, never make the team and then move on to something else. We don't do anything about those quitters. Instead we blame the GM for making stupid choices that costs the team LOTS of money. Why do we blame the girls and not Burnett? Need any more clarifications?

As for walking to the crew and simply saying you want to quit, that is exactly what Na'Onka and Kelly did. Impose a penalty and the honest approach will never be used again.

12-25-10, 00:41 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."

More like we call them "scumbags."

People get away with murder too, but there are always consequences. Always.

>

12-25-10, 02:27 AM (EST)
26. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
I missed the episode where Na'Onka killed Kelly Bruno.
Arguments aren't for today.

I wish you a Merry Christmas.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-11, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."

>Ian made the most noble gesture
>ever done in the show.
>He didn't quit. He allowed
>his friends to move on.
>It was a selfless gesture.
>That is the complete opposite
>of what Nay and Kelly did.

Selfless gesture? No, it was one of the dumbest moves in Survivor history.

Last time I checked, it was "Outwit", "Outlast" and "Outplay", not "Outfriend" or "Outnoble". You can always make friends after the show or at the very worst, you don't have to see them again after the show ends ... but bottom line is to win the game. Ian is a moron.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-11, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
I agree Ian was an idiot. He didn't see that Tom was playing the situation to his own advantage. Tom may have been mildly miffed about Ian's comment at first, but he saw that it was an opportunity to clinch the game for himself -- it gave him an excuse to drop Ian early instead of bringing him to the Final 2. So he ranted and raved at Ian to make him feel bad and Ian stupidly caved in.

I still think Jeff should have insisted that they have a Tribal Council, so the jury could learn what happened. Who knows, it might have changed some of their opinions of Tom.

If there were a monetary penalty for quitting, which is what I would like to see -- quitters get the same fee as the person voted off first -- Ian would surely have rethought the situation.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-10, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Belle, say I want to quit and I hate someone that's still there. I could start a fight that would get both of us tossed out. I wouldn't have quit so I'd still get my money but I also get the satisfaction of getting someone else out. Even if the contract excludes fighters from getting money, then I could still figure that I've got nothing to lose.

The show has had...let's see...seven official quitters, as in, people who left the game by means other than the vote, medical evacuation, or reaching the end. The show has also had zero people who have been thrown out for fighting or breaking Survivor Commandment #2: Thou Shalt Not Conspire to Share the Money. (Supposedly, Sash got no votes because he offered to pay Jane's mortgage in exchange for turning the jury on his side, but that's an unconfirmed rumor.) Someone who breaks one of the two cardinal rules of Survivor is probably in a hell of a lot more trouble than a quitter ever would be, and the person they try to start the fight with is probably not dumb enough to fight back in any way other than self-defense, especially with a bunch of security around. So if a person wants to be an idjet and get thrown out for slugging another player, it's their funeral.

Honestly, though, the fact that Survivor has a "Thou shalt not hit" strategy is something I am a bit surprised no one has tried to exploit. People must just not take the bait - one way to get a dominant player tossed would be to enrage him/her to the point that he/she hauls off and hits someone. It's the kind of thing that would work exactly once in all of Survivor's history. (The inspiration for the strategy was a story we told back in my college days about a UN delegate in 1950, who was seeking to involve the UN in the Korean War on South Korea's side, knowing that the Soviet delegate could veto the motion. Knowing this, he annoyed and enraged the Soviet delegate to the point that he stormed out of the meeting room, and then the delegate immediately called for a move into voting procedure and passed the motion, with the Soviet delegate absent. This move has never, to anyone's knowledge, worked the same way since. And if a Survivor tried something like it, it would either work with spectacular results, or fail and completely backfire.)

12-22-10, 01:19 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Well, we don't know that it has never been tried, though we can assume that if it had ever worked we would know about it. This would be the Ben Linus strategy of Survivor, getting into their heads by the punching bag method, someone really might try that some day. But it would ultimately be a losing strategy without a major redemption play towards the end of the game.

Well, it could depend on the jury sympathies, I suppose. Apparently, Alina and Brenda fell for the Born Loser political campaign strategy. Various politicians have claimed to have successfully used it, author Edgar Rice Burroughs even claimed it was how he won his one elected office (before he became a successful writer). Basically, here's how it works, go to all the campaign stops, shake everyone's hand, convince as many people as you can that you are going to lose and probably won't get any votes, they vote for you thinking you are going to lose but hey it wasn't that bad.

12-22-10, 07:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
>"Honestly, though, the fact
>that Survivor has a "Thou shalt
>not hit" strategy is something
>I am a bit surprised no one has
>tried to exploit."

Obviously you missed the commentary on the episode that followed Trish's elimination. Fairplay said he saw how angry Rupert was after receiving two votes that he kept smiling hoping to get punched in the face.

12-24-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
We call that The Bonaduce Gambit.

12-24-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
...or the Yau Man attack.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

12-25-10, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The new 'no votes for non-medical quitters' rule."
Obviously you missed the commentary on the episode that followed Trish's elimination. Fairplay said he saw how angry Rupert was after receiving two votes that he kept smiling hoping to get punched in the face.

I've heard rumors that Fairplay did that because he knew Rupert couldn't hit him - not sure if it was Fairplay trying to get hit or just hiding behind the rulebook. The irony, of course, if that I bought my brother Survivor: Pearl Islands on DVD for his birthday one year, and that's the one episode I have never seen (I was out of town when that episode aired and never caught it.)

I guess if someone was going to try something like that, it would be Fairplay.

01-03-11, 07:39 PM (EST)
28. "Not so New"
Reading the Survivor rules and contract, one realizes that Jiffy didn't make a new rule because of Na and Purple Kelly, he was just doing his usual Public Relations BS:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor/2010_May_31_survivor_rules

It was always at the producer's discretion whether quitters would be paid or could serve on the jury as seen at the top of page 5. There was nothing new at the reunion.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •