The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-10, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Since there are no threads dedicated to the new season of Survivor... yet, (that don't involve spoiling) AND I already have favorites, I figured I'd start a pres-season love list.
Feel free to make your own silly assumptions based on posture, looks or DAWdom potential. It'll be fun to see how they change after episode 1.

Chase

Ben

Kelly B

Yve

Brenda

Matthew

Jud

Alina

NaOnka

Dan

Kelly S

Shannon

Jill

Marty

Holly

Jane

Jimmy T

Tyrone

Jimmy J

Wendy Jo

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... michel 08-27-10 1
   RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... tribephyl 08-27-10 3
       RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... michel 08-28-10 4
   RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... iltarion 09-16-10 17
 RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Belle Book 08-27-10 2
   RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... michel 08-28-10 5
       RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Belle Book 08-28-10 6
 RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Aruba 09-12-10 7
   RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... michel 09-12-10 8
       RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Aruba 09-12-10 9
           RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... iltarion 09-15-10 12
               RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Aruba 09-15-10 13
 RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Colonel Zoidberg 09-13-10 10
 RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Tummy 09-13-10 11
   RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... Tummy 09-16-10 14
       RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... jbug 09-16-10 15
           RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love L... SquidProQuo 09-16-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-10, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Good Impressions:

1- Kelly B.: One of the few women who doesn't mention Parvati as role model. She sounds calm and smart and she is athletic.

2- Chase: A hunter and fisherman, he could go far if he's as likable as he seems.

3- Tyrone: He reminds me of Bobdawg. He's sounds smooth but tough. He could be the leader if he wasn't on a tribe full of potential leaders. That could be trouble since he's the only black man.

4- Marty: Even if he lists Boston Rob as role model like almost everyone else, he actually sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He talks about adapting to different circumstances so I'll be interested in seeing him try.

5- Ben: Another Boston Rob/JT wannabee but he does sound witty.

6- Jimmy J.: I don't think he can last but I'd sure want him around the campfire at night to talk about his behind the scene knowledge of the NFL players. The stories he must have!

Maybe These will be Better than I think:

7- Brenda: As cheerleader, she looks immature but maybe she could be like Michelle in Fiji.

8- Jimmy T: He's an outdoorsman but he lists Boston Rob, Rupert and Russell as role models. He could be fun but he could be dumb.

9- Kelly S.: She looks good but she lists Elisabeth as role model and adds: "I haven't seen every season she's been in"???? This could be rough on her.

10- Alina: Listing Parvati, Amanda and Stephenie as role model is worrisome. Does she really think she'll compare?

11- Dan: As wise-guy from Brooklyn, he'll be tough but he's on a tribe with tons of tough guys and he's one of the oldest. Not good.

12- Jill: A right wing Christian doctor, I hope she's as tolerant as she says she is.

13- Jane: She lists Tina as role model which is original but can she carry it through? I doubt it. She wants to target the lazy people but they could target her.

14- Holly: The only one to name Sandra as role model, she says she likes to be in charge. On a tribe full of alpha males, I hope she can stay quiet.

Bad Impressions:

15-Yve: Another Parvati wannabee, at least she adds Danni which is original. I doubt she can come close to what either did.

16- Jud: This Ozzy/Todd wannabee says he will flirt and have fun. It probably will happen but in loserlodge.

17- Wendy: Not only was she smart enough to avoid the role model question but she also figured the twist. Why isn't she high on my list? Well, she may think she isn't like anyone who has played the game but I get a clear Wanda impression from her. Not good!

18- NaOnka: Please! If you are an athletic woman, say it. That can only help you. Instead, this dumbass wants to hide it. See ya later!

19-Shannon: This guy thinks he's the greatest. We've seen this type before. I thought it was the worst interview untill...

20- Matt "Sash": This Tyson wannabee (!!) is simply insufferable. I hope he gets a real good blindside, that it hurts.

Tribe, I see we differ greatly on quite a few. I can't believe you have Matthew that high!

Thanks Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-10, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Having not gone thoroughly through all of the differentiations in our lists, I'd still like to touch on the Matthew variance.
Tyson could have been a good player had he not glommed onto Coach. Therefore Matt"Sash" could indeed rise above the Tocantins/AllStars2 strategy and be the witty, good game-play guy... or I guess he could conceivably be the same way as Tyson was and leech himself onto some sagging muscle-head.
Yet really, the placement comes because Sash is infinitely hotter than Tyson.

08-28-10, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
"Sash is infinitely hotter than Tyson."

Ha! I hadn't considered that angle! But it isn't really the Tyson comparison that made me put him this low, it's the way he expresses himself. He's much too excited and arrogant for me.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-16-10, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"

Hey, michel, great fricking siggy!! I am jealous.

>

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-27-10, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-10 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Right now my favorites are Kelly B. & Chase. My least favorite right now is Wendy Jo since I think she's going to be weird. The others I don't really know much about, so they're all in the middle.

08-28-10, 02:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Can we please leave missyae out of fanatics and confine her to her own spoiler thread.

Belle, this means I'll have to skip over all your posts until the end of the season.

(I really cannot understand why people read stuff from source spoilers. It takes all the fun out of it.)

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-10, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
I'm sorry about that. I thought that comment wasn't spoilerish enough to get anyone upset. Guess I was wrong there. I'll avoid any comments from anyone on the spoilers on this post from now on.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-10, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
I went to the CBS website to check out the castaways. My preseason ranking is based solely on their picture, Bio, and short interview on that site. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to mid-season.

FIRST IMPRESSION LIKE

1) CHASE - Take 20 years off Tom Westman and you probably have Chase. So obviously he's my preseason #1. Love that he hates lazy people, and picking JT as his favorite Survivor is a great choice.

2) KELLY B. - How can anyone NOT rank her high to start off? An amputee and losing her father this year in the Haiti earthquake while volunteering? But I see her as a female Chad. A lock to make the merge but will be booted for fear of getting sympathy votes.

3) HOLLY - Like her work ethic and competitiveness. Check out her arms on the CBS bio pic. I think I'm in love...Oh forget it, she's married. Well I'm still liking her, but if she turns into a villian it will be like finding out there's no Santa Claus...I may even shed a tear.

4) TYRONE - Tom Westman is his fav. Seems to have a good combination of strength and maturity. But if he likes to show off his ripped abs all the time he may be Anti-Darwined early in the game.

5) MARTY - He says he'll play HARD and will NOT ride coattails. If they format this season as "BB in the jungle" he doesn't stand a chance. If they don't, I'm looking forward to watching a castaway advance by playing hard.

6) YUE - She's over 40! Mama-Mia!!! If she truly is a "mix between Bob Crowly & Danni" like she says she is, I can't wait to see her in action.

TAKE 'EM OR LEAVE 'EM RIGHT NOW

7) JIMMY T. - He considers himself as "lovable as Ruppert." We'll let the other castaways be the judge of that. He's a hard working fisherman, but doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Could go either way.

8) JIMMY J. - He has a better chance coaching the St. Louis Rams to the Superbowl than he does making the merge. But he's charismatic and his confessionals should be entertaining.

9) BRENDA - She's got coattail rider written all over her. But if she can handle the adverse conditions she could go far. If she can't, she's my guess as a quitter this season (if there is one.)

10) JUD - He says he can swim better than Ozzy. This I HAVE to see! If he can't back it up, he'll be disappointed & frustrated and annoy the heck out of the others. If he can, he'll probably be Anti-Darwined out. Sounds like a Lose/Lose situation to me.

11) JILL - A doctor who plays paint ball and says she's the most prepared out of everyone in the cast. Interesting. As prepared as she thinks she is, I don't see her running the table like Terry did in S12, so I'd be surprised if she makes the merge.

12) DAN - Simply put this guy's a piece of work. He calls himself "Mr. Connected," and says his pet peeve is politicians but lists Ronald Reagan as his inspiration. Maybe Ronald Reagan the actor? Biggest beneficiary of the "Old vs. Young" format because he'd be among the first voted out otherwise.

13) BEN - He was a cameraman for the "Girls Gone Wlld" videos. Good News--If CBS casts a bunch of PERVati-like skanks, he can scout potential recruits. Bad News--He says he has a short fuse. Translation--See ya later, Alligator.

CAN'T IMAGINE LIKING ANY OF THESE

14) ALINA - She calls herself a "bad a$$" and will use her "looks" to her advantage. Sorry to be her bearer of bad tidings, but a couple 40+ women blow her out of the water in the looks deptartment. Her "bad a$$' probably goes home early.

15) JANE - A 56-year old female who says she'll "outdo all the younger girls." Problem is if a bunch of horny toads are casted who fold like cheap suits at the first sight of cleavage, you'll need to OUTLOOK them, not outdo them. Another player who probably doesn't make the merge.

16) KELLY S. - You KNOW she's in the Young tribe when she lists winning Homecoming Queen as her greatest accomplishment. She says she'll "flirt" her way to the top. Fortunately for her the "Young vs. Old" format will allow her to get away with that early on. But when the older and mature castaways are filtered in--she's probably toast.

17) WENDY JO - A 48-year old who says she "never shuts up." So would anyone want to even spend time in the Losers Lounge with her? Probably not. She's got premerge boot written all over her.

18) NAONKA - She says she's an original who's "like no other," but lists not having any kids at 27 as her greatest accomplishment. I'm flabbergasted at that "originality!" She also calls herself a "lethal weapon." She's going to annoy me for as long as she's in the game...which hopefully (and probably) will not be for long.

19) SHANNON - He considers himself a "prettier Russell" and will have no problem telling a player they're getting voted out because they "suck." And he lists "dumb people" among his pet peeves?! Does this idiot know what game he's playing?

20) MATT "SASH" - First off anyone over 25 who has to go by a nickname is a monumental loser in my mind. He says they'll be players who could probably bench press "20 lbs. more than me." Dude, based by your CBS bio photo, I'm thinking more than half of the females can press at least 50 lbs more than you. He goes on to call himself "The Dominator" and has "every woman rapped around his finger."
OK, all together now...can we say "DOUCHBAG?!"

09-12-10, 11:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-10 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Hi there!
So we have the same top and bottom 2! That's probably proof not to trust first impressions. It should be interesting to see how this develops.

ETA: it's Yve, not Yue and it's strange that you like this plastic woman who lists parvati as a role model.

09-12-10, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Strange...On the CBS website she listed Bob Crowly and Danni as the Survivors she wants to emulate. No mention of the Skank. If she ends up playing like her, she'll sink in my rankings faster than the Titanic.

Can we chalk THIS one up to bad "editing" also????

HaHaHa...sorry my friend, I just couldn't resist that one!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-10, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"

It is great to have Aruba out of the basement.

I am not into preseason rankings whether sports related or otherwise. If I did a preseason ranking, it would be based pretty much solely off looks, and people could guess how that would go.

NaOnka - I ALSO did not have kids at the age of 27. Strangely, I consider that no accomplishment at all. Thank God I have kids now. I just got them to school this morning. Now THAT is an accomplishment!

>

09-15-10, 07:47 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Hey Iltarion...I'm alive and kicking (ask Michel) LOL

Growing up the only boy among all sisters taught me a valuable lesson early in life. Choose your battles wisely!

Because you know I give little to no regard to seasons with recycled players, Heroes vs. Villians was a battle I wouldn't fight. Although I didn't watch the season, my sister and nieces kept me up on it, and I did get smoozed into watching the Finale (because they wanted to come over and see it on my large screen TV.)

Anyway good to be back and looking forward to some lively discussions pertaining to a REAL season.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-10, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
1. NaOnka - Not sure how to pronounce this, so I'll just go with "yummy."

2-19. Everyone else.

20. Jimmy J. - This one's for leaving the Dolphins in such bad shape. Go do your hair somewhere, idjet.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-10, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
I haven't read anything about anybody - so based on smiles alone my favs would be Ben, Dan, Kelly and Jimmy. But I know Jimmy from football and I despise the Cowboys. It will be interesting to see if my opinion of him changes.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Ok - after watching last night -

I don't even remember Dan, Kelly or Ben.

I love Marty.

and you'll forever be able to hold this over my head, but... I loved Jimmy Johnson. *sigh My world is upside down right now.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
I didn't really get to know 80% of them....
Jimmy J was great - course they gave him lots and lots of time.
Jimmy T acted like a jealous immature jerk - IMO he is super jealous of Jimmy J. (& his hair is stringy & greasy looking - another reason for him to be jealous, huh? LOL

I need to see & hear more of Marty; to me he sounded too much like "I'm not gonna disagree with anyone, not gonna rock the boat, gonna wait & see how some of these people turn out" - which is probably a good strategy.

SquidProQuo 2281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-16-10, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S21 Nicaragua: Preseason Love List"
Just based on last night's episode and the CBS bios/videos, here are my faves so far:

Older tribe: Really liked Jane's spunk. Marty seems smart and devious and will be around a while. (Hate Jimmy T.)

Younger tribe: Kelly, Chase, Jud, Brenda.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •