The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-10, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
You know, that is just how stupid Russell is about what the game of Survivor is all about.

If we were to vote each week, or even at the end, the producers and editors could play those people like pawns and no one would even want to be on the game. It would move towards the whole crap-pot that American Idol has be come.

This way, they can edit it however they want to make stars out of talented cast members and fools out of fools!

They worst thing is when someone is edited to look unlike their personality. I think that as we have seen just about every kind of character be cast on this show now, that people should start taking stock in their own character before ever auditioning for this show. They can make the slightist charater flaws look huge.

I like that the producers can record for 500 hours of film and only provide us with 15 hours or whatever...

Another tidbit on Russell...did any of you catch the 3 of them on Jimmy Fallon? Pavarti and Sandra, both said that every time he (Russel) did something he told the cameraperson to follow him...come talk to me...come see what I'm doing...etc. YUCK!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vo... sol 05-26-10 1
   RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vo... Colonel Zoidberg 05-26-10 2
 RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vo... mrc 05-26-10 3
 RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vo... michel 05-26-10 4
   RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vo... iltarion 06-02-10 5
       RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vo... Karchita 06-03-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-10, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
Nobody will ever love Russell as much as Russell loves Russell. I truly hope his 15 minutes of fame are over. If he is cast again I hope he is voted out early so that even at the Reunion JP doesn't have to ask anything that requires more than a yes or no answer.

Just because he wants people to follow him is no reason why a thinking person ever would. His outburst at the Reunion was reason enough to believe that even the producers question that he is even 'good tv' anymore.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-10, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
Russell's antics at the reunion are more proof that he has run his course. He's arrogant, he's obnoxious, and he has no social skills beyond manipulating people, or at least that's the side of him we've seen. If he is truly a different person from what his Survivor persona is, I've yet to see it.

I doubt we'll see Russell for a long time, simply because his gamesmanship is a one-trick pony that, thanks to some clever arrangement, stretched out into two seasons. No one who has seen him burn socks, free chickens, hide machetes, manipulate cross-tribal dynamics, and make people as miserable as possible will want to keep him around.

Also, there's no way in hell America should have a vote as to who wins. This is all pre-recorded broadcast with no equivalent of Live Feeds, and players have no idea what's going on out there. Sure, it sucks to have the editing manipulated and have a player who was a surefire winner go down in flames (Matt from Amazon if the obvious example) but it's far better than letting America pick the winner based on 15 hours of results, especially when the vote is almost certainly going to exclude the finale.

The vote for the most popular castaway who gets a prize, such as a car or 100 large? That's perfectly fine.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-10, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
That's already been tried. It was called, "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!"

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-10, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
What Russell failed to understand is that the game would change a lot more than with just the final vote. Take Guatemala: No one, in their right mind, would keep Steph until the end. Anyone that looked like they could be good TV would have to be voted out early. Worse is that the players would have to guess which players would likely get good edits. Every season would see a Flab5 alliance going to the end. Players would be boring around camp and turn into comedians in interviews.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-02-10, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"

The idea is completely incongruous to the show. For shows where the winner is voted on by the viewers, we get to see all the performances that matter, in their entirety. In Survivor, for the Finalists, we get to see less than 1% of their total performance. It would not work. In essence, production would then be choosing a winner with the edit. It is an irrational and desperate idea from a twice loser.

>

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-03-10, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Stupid Idea - Having America Vote!"
I think it reveals just how little Russell understands the game of Survivor.

Bouquet by c2p

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •