The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-26-10, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"

Very interesting episode with good editing leading to a suspenseful TC, even though the final result was not unpredictable. Both tribes voted together, and the Villians pick went home thanks to having two HIIs and the immunity necklace.

1. Parvati- Things have been going this way for a while now. Russell saved her life, and then she betrayed him. We'll see if that comes back to hurt her. With the way the editing has been going, I doubt it. Before giving her too much credit for her suspiciously great move, let's realize that with two HIIs and the immunity necklace in play for the Villians, a Hero was always probably going home if both tribes simply stuck to their guns. If no HIIs are played, the odds still favor the Villians. So, best case scenario for the VIllians would have been breaking the tie without either HII being played. Instead, they are now gone. She will get props in the Surviverse for recognizing Amanda's lie, but a great liar knows a lie when they hear one. I will not give her props for being a great liar. Amanda's "if she makes the end, she'll win again" smacked of overly-obvious foretelling.

2. Sandra- Smartest move of the entire episode was her still voting with the Villians, though she was clearly courting the Heroes. Both idols are now out of play, JT is gone, and Russell and Parvati have another reason to trust her. Win-Win situation for Sandra. She can now take control of the game, though the previews suggesting likewise is a concern.

3. Danielle- Her winning the IC gave Parvati the opportunity to do what she did. Maybe Candice and Parvati allowed her to win? No one will ever know, including Candice and Parvati, if she would have beat them straight up or not. So, regardless, she gets the credit. She has put herself into the 3rd best position in this game and has the physical ability to make an IC run after the men are gone.

4. Rupert- His connection with Sandra puts him in the best spot of any of the Heroes. He was smart enough to trust her instead of Russell. He needs her now or he is gone within the next two boots.

5. Russell- His game went south with the Courtney boot. He failed to sense his danger with Sandra, who has already proven she is a dangerous enemy to have. Now, Parvati just hung him out to dry. He gained the ire of the Heroes while Parvati gets all the credit for the move. His game being an unknown has been the single biggest factor to this season. It allowed him to break Rob's alliance, and it allowed JT to trust him, which never happens if they had seen him play. However, as much as a benefit as it has been, the fact that he never learned the result of S19 has prevented him from learning from his mistakes. He is now in the same boat as S19- unable to win a vote.

6. Amanda- In the Survivor world, bad episode for Amanda. At first, the fact that Parvati immediately went to her and even appeared to make the error of telling her about the HII, which instantly told Amanda that Russell was lying, things were looking great for Amanda. But Amanda then tried lying to Parvati to get her idol out of play and only succeeded at convincing Parvati she wasn't the target. Bad liar? Sounds like a great trait to me. However, it was stupid of her to try. She should have played it honest with Parvati and relied on Parvati's own duplicity to make the wrong move. That way, even if things went bad and a Hero went home, Amanda still had Parvati's trust. The attempted lie was a terrible move instead.

7. Candice- Gets a spot even lower than Amanda for giving up the IC, which she was the favorite to win. Whether Danielle or Parvati wins, either way it was a disastrous result for the Heroes. Could she have told Parvati the vote was for Jerri or Sandra? Possibly. The editing did its best to never show Candice and Parvati together even though they were an original alliance in Cook Islands. She still has a chance if Parvati keeps her around and she can win an IC or two.

8. Jerri- Is a spectator. Knew she wasn't going home because she got no screen time.

9. Colby- Is the perfect counterpart to Jerri at this point. I'm glad he made the jury at least.

Ponderosa-

Courtney- under utilized. Her boot rather than Sandra could be the disastrous move in Russell's game.

Coach- Was casted to entertain and he did that. Chose Jerri over Rob and paid for it.

JT- Kind of returned to the good ole boy once he got to Ponderosa. Here is a question for you- if you won the game once, easily, why change your game? He outthought himself nearly ever step of the way and ultimately paid the price.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-26-10 1
   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... LFJ 04-27-10 2
       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-27-10 3
           RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... LFJ 04-27-10 4
               RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-27-10 5
                   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... LFJ 04-28-10 10
   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 04-27-10 6
       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-27-10 7
           RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 04-28-10 8
               RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-28-10 9
                   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 04-28-10 11
                       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-28-10 12
                           RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 04-28-10 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-10, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-10 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

1- Parvati: She read Amanda like an open book and now she has a nice brigade of villainess around her. She's in a pickle with Russell. It will be fun to see how she handles him.

2- Russell: He played the decoy so well that the Heroes knew he wasn't with them but they still hoped he was!!

3- Sandra: She's stuck with Russell and she wants to get rid of him. It should be fun to see what happens especially since she will be seen as Parvati's ally. Tough to say you are the last of your alliance when you get such a nice gift.

4- Danielle: She adds spunk to those TC and she's living up to her claim during EI that she's a competitor...finally.

5- Candice: She did outlast all the heroes. I wonder if she'll be applying for a spot on Parvati's team. Maybe that was her application form.

6- Rupert: Counting bananas? Really? While he was doing that, some were playing the game.

7- Amanda: Loyal and no street smarts. The perfect tool.

8- Jerri: She never saw it coming.

9- Colby: I don't think I've ever seen a strong guy perform as poorly in a challenge since Ken in Thailand's underwater challenge. And it seems his team still doesn't consult him when it comes to deciding the vote.

Booted - JT: Russell was indeed a villain for a reason.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-10, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
Hey, Michel,

"She's in a pickle with Russell. It will be fun to see how she handles him."

It WILL be fun to see how she handles him. But, I think Russell is the one in a jam. He will have to be cool with Parv. Everyone else will be gunning for him. He betrayed all of the Heroes (men), and Sandra hates him. Parv will probably be his only friend (translates to: the only one who can stomach him).

04-27-10, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
For sure, Russell needs Parvati right now but down the road? I think the reason he voted out Jaison over Mick last season was that Jaison had been more active in scheming than Mick. Russell wants docile allies not some that could sit at FTC and say "I made as many moves as the troll."

How about you give us your list?

04-27-10, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
Oh, Pshaw! *blushes, shifts uncomfortably from one foot to the other*

I don't have enough squash left after work for analysis of anything - just an occasional question/comment. But thanks for inivitng me.

04-27-10, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
Not even a simple who you like, who you don't list?

04-28-10, 10:20 AM (EST)
10. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-10 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

I am generally not invested enough to really like or dislike any one of the Survivors, although I must admit to an aversion to RussHell.

I am entertained and sometimes intrigued by the posts on the threads, which I get to see on a much more regular basis than the show itself.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-27-10, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-10 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

1. Parvati - Appears to have the most power. Has the tightest two person alliance in the game with Danielle. Geri owes her her continuing presence. And while Sandra didn't get any votes, Parvati can claim she didn't know which of the two were in danger. Will be interesting hearing her explanation to Russell; to allow him to play his role with the Heroes to the fullest, she needed to keep him in the dark?

2. Danielle - Potentially in a great position. In the strongest alliance (for the moment anyway). Unless Parvati or Russell comes up with another idol, both are more likely targets than Danielle, and who can honestly argue she has helped shape strategy.

3. Russell - The remaining Heroes may hate him, but they largely played themselves. Russell just went along with their assumptions. Think both Parvati and Russell still need each other as I don't think they will put too much faith in any long term loyalty from Sandra. Perhaps not even short term. And Parvati's play last week should make her the number one target again of anyone not an ally or completely in her debt.

4. Candice - Million dollar question to me is why did she give up so early in the IC. I'm guessing overconfidence; that the Heroes figured they had enough votes, and with Parvati (and possibly Russell) playing the idol on their own behalf, the ability to move out Jeri. If that doesn't totally add up, my backup theory is that Candice and Amanda weren't sure they wanted to see gone more: Jeri or JT. They probably still figure they have a shot at Sandra's vote down the line; or of an alliance with Parvati and Danielle.

5. Sandra - Looks like a potential swing vote who could last a long time playing one side against another. Not sure if Parvati's idol gift will keep Sandra loyal for even one vote if she decides its not in her interest to be loyal.

6. Rupert - Proved better judge of Russell than JT. Surprise. Could Rupert/Sandra/Colby be the start of an alliance?

7. Amanda - Not sure what ultimate aim was, but unless she has an unshown agreement with Parvati, did not appear to attain it. As the Hero shown conversing with Parvati, was most responsible for not convincing Parvati to play the idol on her own behalf. Don't think she's likely next to go though; figure if Sandra doesn't flip it will be one of the Hero guys. With Amanda's ability to make alliances you never know.

8. Colby - Might be next target. Needs immunity or big strategic move by someone else (Sandra, Russell, Amanda??) as has not shown desire or ability to make them on his own.

9. Jeri - Appears completely under Parvati's thumb.

Gone. JT - What's kind of funny is that JT mistook Russell for JT, or at least for whom JT appeared to be on Tocantins; a good old country boy. In a way JT kind of fooled himself; or played himself; holding a mirror up to himself and seeing Russell. Decision to give idol to Russell might be worst ever on this show considering how much thought and work was involved on the part of three tribe members to accomplish it and strong possibility that it was JT's idol that saved Jeri, and got JT sent home.

04-27-10, 10:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
"why did she give up so early in the IC."

Colby lasted 1 minute, she lasted 1hour 40 minutes. Early?

04-28-10, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-10 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

Okay, not early, but why did she appear capable of continuing, and perhaps winning, when she gave up? Colby looked like he had no shot.

If Candice's tribe was looking at the possibility of a tie vote, wouldn't she want to try to keep at least one immunity for her tribe? If nothing else it would have given the Heroes one more person to target, and the Villain's one more to protect.

04-28-10, 08:04 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
She did the same thing in CI where she lasted 2 hours and realized that Ozzy was going to last much longer. She explained it then by saying she didn't want to push herself so hard, (ruin her feet), that she couldn't compete afterwards. Ozzy was Raro's primary target and it would have avoided the threat of Yul's idol.

And, considering that Adam had to have surgery to his feet after CI and that he had problems for a couple of years, I can understand why you'd want to be careful. If there had been another Hero up there with her, maybe it would have encouraged her but facing two strong Villains, especially with Parvati able to stand on one foot, it must have seemed pointless to her.

04-28-10, 06:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
He had surgery because of that challenge on CI?

Guess if she didn't think she could win, why try?

04-28-10, 06:19 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
Not sure if it was that particular challenge but he did say the challenges messed him up pretty badly. For two years he said he couldn't run.

04-28-10, 06:22 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 10"
Don't doubt for a second Survivor can be very draining. And some of the contact challenges they've been having are brutal.

Shame for Heroes though. If Candice could have won, Parvati would likely have given one idol to Danielle. Not sure who would have got the other; but I think Sandra received the first.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •