The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-17-10, 04:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"

This appears to be a season edited in parts. Sandra and Danielle were practically ignored from episodes 2 to 5. Now they both appear to be strong players with the chance to make it far. The Heroes were the story until Rob's overthrow. Ever since then, it has been the Villians' game. In fact, even the turn of fate has been shown almost exclusively from the Villians' POV. It has not been about the Heroes winning. It has been about the Villians losing.

1. Russell- HII's just gravitate to this guy. He is the big beneficiary of JT's improbable and ill-considered gambit. I don't give Russell too much credit for it because I think JT gives the HII to whatever man happens to be left. However, he played the part about as well as it could be played. He now has an HII and so does Parvati. However, she knows about his; he doesn't know about hers. That could end up making a big difference.

2. Parvati- Clearly her episode. We have hardly seen a bigger deal made out of an HII being found, which would suggest it is important. We also had her quote of how she is "the queen." Sickening to me, frankly, but becoming true enough. She now even has a leg up on Russell. Only JT's gambit keeps Russell on top for now. Plus, she wanted to keep Courtney, but Russell and Danielle got their way.

3. Danielle- If it were possible to be #1 just based off hotness, she would be there. No pockets, but she can stick something between her boobs? Yeah, she could stick the entire HII there, and no one would be the wiser. Being in Parvati's trust is a good path to the FTC.

4. Amanda- The editing put her foremost among the Heroes before I do. She alone was shown to not agree with giving Russell the HII, calling it "crazy" and very accurately pointing out that they didn't know what was going on with the Villians. It was JT's HII to give though, ultimately, so not much she could do about it. Her and the Heroes are in trouble, regardless. The Villians now have two HIIs, and Parvati is not stupid enough to want to take a Hero to the end.

5. Sandra- It was refreshing to hear about her husband, though her taunting at the RC was typical. Regardless, she has made it through to the merge, where she is always dangerous. I had totally forgotten about her tie to Rupert, foolish as that is. Remember she was the one that berated the Villians about the value of having played with people before. It could end up playing a role.

6. JT- Big moves involve big risk. We know his move is the wrong one, but we know what he does not. If there was an all-woman alliance, it would be a brilliant move. Sometimes that is the difference between brilliance and idiocy- chance. He continues to play aggressive and hard.

7. Candice- Was supposed to be the smart one compared to Amanda. Not really. She was still more concerned with JT having the HII than Russell having it. She has the same problem as Amanda now. Parvati will not tag with a Hero unless the Heroes actually get control of this. Unlikely.

8. Colby- He has a tie to Jerri in the same way Rupert has a tie to Sandra. That could come into play. Also, he would be the best bet to go on an immunity run, especially if JT goes before him. I liked his brief discussion with Russell. Parvati is running things? "Good. Great rid of her."

9. Rupert- His tie to Sandra could make a difference. Otherwise, he could also be the first Hero to go. His toe might actually save him from that.

10. Jerri- Unless she reconnects with Colby, she is no better than 4th in this game. The fact that the editing showed Russell and Danielle reassure her of her spot after TC was a positive sign for her.

Court adjourned-

Courtney- She got such a light edit that she contributed little to the season. She would have been the smarter keep since Sandra will flip on anyone in a heartbeat. I doubt it haunts the Villians though unless the Heroes are smart enough to go after Danielle.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 04-17-10 1
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 04-18-10 2
   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 04-19-10 3
       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... iltarion 04-19-10 5
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... milkachulina 04-19-10 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-17-10, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"
Funny episode. What made JT's plan so foolish and funny is how hard the three Hero guys had to work to pull it off. And their achievement; giving Russell another idol.

1) Parvati - One of the few players sharp enough to keep up with Russell. Agreed probably a smart move to not tell him about her idol; just so he doesn't find out anyway.

2) Russell - Is a very good actor when he feels the need. You think he would it more in trying to get along with tribesmates.

3) Amanda - Only Hero who raised objections to JT's plan, and for good reason.

4) Danielle - Has been shown willing to speak up and to have some influence in conversations with Russell and Geri. Also Parvati's confidant. But would seem to be the most sensible target for any alliance coming after Russell/Parvati as the least threatening of the three.

5) Sandra - Don't like her much; just seems to have a mean spirited personality. But is still there and is a second player seemingly smart enough to keep up with Russell.

6) Candice - Didn't see much of her. Don't know what she is thinking right now.

7) Geri - Still on the bottom of her alliance. If Courtney is right way to dependent upon Russell, which would make her less likely to flip but unlikely to make final three either.

8,9,10) The Three Stooges - Colby's conversation with Russell during the challenge was hilarious. As was Rupert's women's alliance comments and JT's letter. As stupid as JT's idea seemed, it will give their tribe a better idea of what's going on in the other tribe. As soon as they see Parvati is still there, Heroes will be wondering what's going on. And it's not like there will be any question about Russell having an idol. If they can pull in Sandra and target Danielle they might fool Russell and Parvati. Could create some interesting discussions between Russell and Parvati if Parvati thinks she's the target and plays her idol.

Gone: Courtney. Perhaps the most likeable person on this season. Had some amusing comments.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-10, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"
1- Parvati: She had a strong episode being called the boss and being the Heroes' target. She's building an alliance to counter Russell’s plans. For once, we see someone being able to plot behind Russell’s back, leaving him out of the loop about an idol no less. Will this battle that started as Rob’s girls versus Russell’s girls end up in a win for Parvati’s girls?

2- Sandra: Coach’s elimination and the first challenge made her look like a player. Her exchanges with Jeff developed her character even more than we had seen in PI.

3- Russell: You have to give him credit for his acting skills and for going to shake the Heroes hand after their reward loss.

That's what probably gave JT the idea for the method of transfer. Strangely, he wasn’t the star of the episode. Sandra overshadowed him during the first part of the show, Parvati dominated the middle segment and she overshadowed him during his moment of glory. Will he make Parvati pay for keeping him in the dark?

4- Candice: She didn't look happy about the big plan but she made the best of it, figuring it would remove the idol from the hands of a very powerful adversary. She was one of the first victims of the idol so she should know.

5- Danielle: She continued to express the voice of reason in booting decisions and we see how involved she's in the decisions. Her reaction at seeing the idol told us what to think of JT's move:

The conflict between her and Sandra during the Council was interesting.

6- Amanda: She told us that giving the idol to the enemy was a bad idea but she didn’t get to tell us the main draw-back for her in JT’s plan. Eliminating Parvati forces Amanda to stay with JT. She was in the best position to convince JT not to go ahead with the risky move but we only heard her asking how he would do it.
Congratulations on 100 days!

7- JT: It was a very risky move but, before making plans, you need to analyze the situation. If you don't have enough info, the best course of action is to let things develop. There was no urgency, no need for such a big risk. The Heroes had tied the score and they could have flipped one of them just as easily.

8- Jerri: She must have enjoyed watching this episode. Her confessional about Coach made her sympathetic to the audience and her victory over Colby must have felt good. Seeing Colby playing such a big part in the big plan must have felt good also.

9- Colby: He stupidly asked Russell if he was going home. What did he expect Russell to say? A better question would have tried to catch Russell off guard like: Why were Tyson and Rob voted out before Coach? Most women like Tyson and know that Rob works well with them. Coach, not so much. Maybe Russell fumbles for an answer and Colby can tell JT to abort.

10- Rupert: "I'm the strongest, I'll last to the end, the 5 Heroes will outlast them all, Russell must be beaming!" Not since James in Palau has a player been so wrong so often

Booted - Courtney: She should have worked much earlier and much harder on the Parvati/Amanda/Courtney trio.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-10, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"
JT's plan might have the opposite effect; persuading Amanda to work more closely with Parvati. If Parvati tells Amanda she also has an idol, I could see Amanda and Candice deciding trying to break up Russell/Parvati/Danielle and their two idols to not be worth the risk. Parvati/Danielle/Amanda/Candice could make a nice little behind the scenes voting bloc.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-10, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"

Very good point about JT's move that I also considered posting. The Heroes had worked their way to a 5-5 tie. There was no dire reason to make a big move now.
Unless... unless JT was already convinced Amanda or Candice would join the women after merge. Of course, even with saving Russell, the men still would have been outnumbered.

Parvati does not need Amanda or Candice as long as the Villians gain control after merge, which seems likely. She would be better off to just stick with Russell and Danielle. With a jury stacked with Heroes, I think she beats either of them in a vote. Bring a Hero to the end and its a different vote.

>

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-10, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 9"
I got excited/nervous during this episode because I wondered if "the queen" would orchestrate a move to oust Russell, thereby creating the ultimate blindside. Wow, if the Villains showed up at the next challenge WITHOUT Russell that would have freaked the Heroes out. Alas, it didn't get that exciting. I am not ready for Russell to leave anyway.

1) Parvati--Retains #1 status in my book. As I mentioned last week, she is always relevant in this game. She knows about Russell's idol and has one of her very own; nice position.

2) Russell--Getting that idol was money. What a great gift from the Heroes.

3) Candice--I appreciate the way she thinks. Regardless of how others respond to her train of thought, she has good things to say and the Heroes should listen.

4) Sandra--This snake in the grass is still very entertaining. She showed how down to earth and "regular people" she is by highlighting her and hubby's frequent trips to Outback. Outback should give her and the hubby a lifetime meal deal as a result of the incessant marketing. I’d take it!

5) Rupert--I respect the big man for doing fine in challenges, despite the injured toe, bulky frame, and considerable age (as compared to the young ones). Much more likeable than the beginning of the season.

6 & 7)Danielle and Jerri--Meh.

8) JT--Never ever give up an idol like that. You could have taken care of Parvarti later. She's a threat, but not such a big threat that you give an idol to the enemy.

9) Colby--Oh, Colby.

10) Amanda--Pass.

Gone--Courtney, are you really going to make those players still in the game jealous once they see you at Tribal Council in make-up and clean clothes? I'm pretty certain those folks prefer staying in the game and trying to win $1 million. But, whatever helps you feel better sweetie!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •