The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

funkyfitfreak 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-12-10, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail funkyfitfreak Click to send private message to funkyfitfreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
I saw the show last night and loved it but I'd always think about whether they were classed in the right way. You could assume that the Heroes played clean and used their likability to get further whereas a 'villain' used lying and cunningness etc.

I don't think everyone is classed where they should be.

Danielle (Villain) - I liked her in Panama and didn't think she was too villainous at all. She got into a good alliance and had numbers like you should.

Courtney (Villain) - She seemed annoying but not that villainous. Maybe I just don't let people get to me or something.

Sandra (Villain) - I remember and lying and stuff to Johnny Fairplay at PI but my memory doesn't serve me as to what else she did that would make her be there. I mean she was more likable than Lil.

Can't find a hero that shouldn't be there.

What are your thoughts / ideas ?
Who did you want back that is not in there?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Snidget 02-12-10 1
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... VisionQuest 02-12-10 3
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... ray3121 02-12-10 4
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... ray3121 02-12-10 2
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... KuwabaraTheMan 02-12-10 5
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... iltarion 02-12-10 6
       RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... KuwabaraTheMan 02-12-10 9
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Belle Book 02-12-10 7
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... ADKer 02-12-10 8
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... PepeLePew13 02-12-10 10
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Colonel Zoidberg 02-13-10 13
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... smokedog 02-12-10 11
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Colonel Zoidberg 02-13-10 12
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Belle Book 02-13-10 14
 James. Estee 02-13-10 15
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... funkyfitfreak 02-16-10 16
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... garcor 02-19-10 17
       RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Spanky68 02-19-10 18
       RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Colonel Zoidberg 02-20-10 21
           RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... iltarion 02-20-10 22
               RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... garcor 02-20-10 23
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... iltarion 02-20-10 19
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... garcor 02-20-10 20
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... bostonrobfan 02-22-10 24
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... garcor 02-26-10 25
 RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... Zimbochick 02-27-10 26
   RE: Who on either tribe doesn't bel... garcor 02-28-10 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-10, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Wasn't Sandra the one that threw out all the fish they were going to have for dinner when she was peeved about something in the game? How is that heroic when RussHell is a villain for setting free the chickens which is basically the same thing even if a different motivation?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-12-10, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
I think she threw out the fish when Rupert got voted out.

ray3121 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-12-10, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ray3121 Click to send private message to ray3121 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Sandra threw out the fish and than blamed Christa , who was in tears and Sandra kept blaming her. That´s a villain in my book!!

ray3121 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-12-10, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ray3121 Click to send private message to ray3121 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
I think Cerie belongs with the villains. She made a lot of sneaky moves and everybody thinks she´s so nice. I really don´t get that!!

KuwabaraTheMan 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-12-10, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KuwabaraTheMan Click to send private message to KuwabaraTheMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
I agree on Danielle and Courtney, but mostly Danielle. Courtney less so, but Danielle never struck me as a villain.

I think Stephenie should be on the villains tribe, rather than the heroes tribe. She might have been a hero in Palau, but she was a complete villain in Gautemala. Swap Steph and Danielle and I think the tribes are fairly accurate.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-12-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-10 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-12-10 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

When the cast came out, I pointed out that Danielle is no villian and Candice is no hero. They are both on the show for 2 reasons, they are strong and attractive women. That's it. Which tribe they were put on was an afterthought.

Hahaha... Sandra is as much a villian as it gets. Everyone remembers when she threw the fish out, but the worse act was sitting there and doing nothing while her best friend in the game, Christa, was torn apart over it. And who else would yell at Parvati on Day 3? Only Sandra. I think she relishes the role. She almost was not given the opportunity to play it in Pearl Islands, because JFP was there.

Cirie is perceived as a hero, perhaps, but I find it funny that Jeff would cite Micronesia as evidence of Parvati being a villian when Cirie had as much to do with what happened there as Parvati did. The real reasons Cirie is perceived as a hero and Parvati as a villian are because Cirie has the underdog storyline, while Parvati is seen as a woman who will flirt and flaunt herself to get ahead and that is generally looked negatively on, though not by me. Parvati also won a season that many feel she probably shouldn't have. That also plays a role in it.

After being the last member of her tribe premerge, still a unique event, Stephanie is still looked at by most as a hero, regardless of Guatamala. For the most part, she plays a straight up honorable game. She veered off that path for about 2 or 3 votes in Guat, but only that long.

>

KuwabaraTheMan 47 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-10, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KuwabaraTheMan Click to send private message to KuwabaraTheMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
You're right about Candice, I actually forgot about her when I originally made my post, because she barely did anything in the first episode. She's definitely an odd pick for the Hero tribe.

I really have to wonder why they didn't just put Danielle and Candice on the opposite tribes. I get why Steph is on the Hero tribe even if I view her as more of a villain, but Danielle seems so out of place on a tribe of villains.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-12-10, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Based on what Sandra did after Rupert was voted out, I could see her as a Villain, although one of the less villainous ones.

Courtney's a bit of a stretch, but she could fit in with the other Villains.

I don't see Candice as a Hero and I definitely don't see Danielle as a Villain. I think we should've switched them onto different tribes -- Candice as a Villain and Danielle as a Hero, although Danielle's a bit of a stretch as a Hero even there.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-10 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

Not that Boston Bob should be a hero, but he may have outgrown the game. He may have gained a little too much maturity and perspective to really be a villain. He displayed a little too much patience, leadership and willingness to take the other villains with a grain of salt.

Jerri also isn't the villain that she believes she is. Jerri was a villian because she was lacking in self-awareness and sensitivity to those around her. Jerri didn't/doesn't really have a mean streak though. She just doesn't look that bad compared to snarky Courtney, snarkier Tyson and just plain nasty Randy and Russell.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-10, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
There's no way Sugar is a 'hero' in my mind. Yeah I know she survived all these visits to the Sugar Shack in her season, but she didn't behave like a hero.

She sure acted like a big-time villain with her actions in this episode, not only with her double-finger salute while topless, but also with her relentless chasing of Colby and keeping everyone awake with her squawking.

Some hero.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Sugar was the anti-Corinne, or rather, she was a hero because her opponents were bottom-feeding bastards. So she's a hero by default.

That said, she completely forgot how to play the game and acted like a desperate fool hell-bent on revenge. Given better motivation and a longer story arc, she could be a hero, albeit an anti-hero, but her social game fell flat, so she was what we call a "dud."

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-10, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
None of them are heroes in any sense of the word. And I don't think any of them are villains (it's a GAME)

But they are all DAWS. I think we agree on that

02-13-10, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Danielle doesn't deserve to be a Hero or a Villain - she was a non-entity who couldn't have beaten a slug. Sub in Twila; she was effing awesome.

Candice was a villain in Cook Islands, not a hero; she betrayed her tribe just for a drooling guy and got what she deserved. Also, she broke Billy's heart.

Stephenie was a hero one season and a villain the next; she could go wither way.

Sandra spilled Rupert's fish after he was voted out - sabotaging the food supply makes one a villain several times over.

Also Courtney is the biggest scumbag ever to play the game. Rolling her eyes and sneering at the welcome ceremony in China is enough to make her a villain. At least Leslie dropped out of the ceremony on principle; Courtney is just a biznatch. (And this is coming from someone who hates kids more than she does.)

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-10, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
I agree with you on most of your points, Colonel Zoidberg. Danielle is neither a Hero nor a Villain, although I think she'd be closer to a Hero than a Villain.

Candice was a Villain for mutinying -- not just for Adumb but also for Parvati, and she got what she deserved. As for her breaking Billy's heart -- she never told him that she loved him. She just said, "We love you." It was Billy who said "I love you." And then he put his foot in his mouth when he said that he fell in love with Candice. On the bright side, the look on Jeff's face was priceless!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "James."
{Howard Stern}Hero Of The Stupid.{/Howard Stern}

funkyfitfreak 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-16-10, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail funkyfitfreak Click to send private message to funkyfitfreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Yeah, have a vague memory on Pearl Island.

Totally agree that Stephanie could swing in either tribe. I do like her though.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-19-10, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
After last night I'm thinking James was placed on the wrong tribe. Acted more like Russell or Tyson at his worst.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
James was roid raging, wasn't he?

02-20-10, 11:58 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
James being frustrated at his tribe was understandable. Think about it - they set out to have J.T. as the leader, and they balked at that strategy when people stopped listening to him. The Villains has the same strategy, only with Boston Rob as the leader. The Villains won. By all accounts, this is Palau all over again - Ulong might have been the stronger tribe, but they couldn't work together worth a damn and lost every single challenge. If I were James, I'd be frustrated, too.

The previews for next week? Definitely showing James in coo-coo-for-Cocoa-Puffs land.

02-20-10, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"

About James, maybe, mabye not. It wouldn't be unusual for the previews to attempt to deceive, and most those shots of people talking about James appeared to be shot immediately after the TC where Stephanie was booted. Of course, Colby and Tom would both have bad things to say about James at that point. The previews also showed James being physical in a challenge. So what? What would you expect? By showing the challenge shots first, and then showing the tension with Tom and Colby afterwards, the previews made you think there is more furor coming from James. Maybe... or maybe not. We will see. I think it is probably just a redirect from what will probably be obvious boot of Tom or Colby.

All of that changes, of course, if the Heroes actually win an IC. Of the Villians, I don't see Russell long for this game. He definitely does not have the power to take out Rob. If he sticks his head out there at all, he'll be gone.

>

02-20-10, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-10 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-20-10 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

So far Tom appears to be the only person on his tribe who could be in charge. JT is a little too low-key (and young perhaps for this group with their egos) and Cirie is pretty low profile herself. Her game seems to be more about making alliances and suggesting blindsiding strong players at opportune times. Plus she doesn't bring enough to challenges (or as far as I can see) around camp to have that type of credibility. Problem for this tribe is that Tom is also the number one target, so the extra votes (JT, Cirie, Candice) are voting with the other alliance. No surprise there. Not too much strategy with Rupert or James, and Amanda is also more of a supporting player. Could easily see JT and Cirie as the strategists. Question: Do they have an already exising alliance with Parvati, and if yes, whom else is Parvati bringing along.

It is impressive how Rob seems to have taken obvious charge over another group of big egos. Might reflect differences in the men on the two tribes; JT won, and Colby came in second and chose his finals opponent. Even Rupert his first time out was the dominant player on his tribe until blindsided. Only Russell came close to winning on the other tribe. The other three were more about entertainment value (though Tyson was good at challenges.)

02-20-10, 02:45 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"

Actually, I think it is the opposite.

Many thought prior to this season that Stephanie was incorrectly cast as a hero. I argued that she was not. I have slightly changed my mind.

I agreed with most of what James had to say in the shelter. His TC act was onerous and overboard, but I'm not going to say it was so bad that he wasn't cast right.

In her fancast, Stephanie, two months after her boot, still appeared to have bitterness towards James and everyone in his alliance. She said that James showed his true colors. Maybe. But I also think she might have shown hers. She acted entitled in Guatamala, and I think she acted much the same here. Rupert said when he voted for Stephanie that she had made no effort to get to know anyone but Tom and Colby. At the end, it was easily apparent why Danni beat her so badly in a vote.

>

02-20-10, 08:48 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-10 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

Sounds like that is a problem with this season, especially with a number of these players (Cirie, Amanda, James, Parvati) having just played in Micronesia several seasons back. This is James and Amanda's third time on the same tribe. Players should have to make alliances, not walk into existing alliances. Suggestion. A lot of these people aren't wearing so well by the third time around. They might think of capping appearances. Two chances at the game and you're done. Unless you're Rob, or maybe Cirie. Either that or limit the number of players who have played on all-stars before who can play again on a particular season.

Speaking of Rupert, what happened to the guy who was supposed to be so good at this. In All-Stars he planned a shelter that flooded out because it was dug into the sand. Here he wastes a third of the flint trying to start a fire (while Rob is starting one with wood), doesn't appear to be catching fish, and complains about the cooking. Think I remember other people on his tribe on All-Stars also complained about his I'm the expert, I'm in charge attitude.

While I think James had one or two points, his constant badgering (bullying does sound right) was very unpleasant to watch. And his constant rambling on about Stephanie being kryponite and having lost her entire team made no sense what so ever. He came off as completely out of control. And like Stephanie or not, she's been a strong player. If anything maybe too strong willed, which puts off people.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-10, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-10 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

Boston Rob should be a hero. James and Rupert should be villains.

02-26-10, 08:41 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
After last night I think more than ever that James belongs on the Villains. Whether or not you agree with his behavior, this season's version of James interacting at camp with Coach, Russell, Tyson, etc. could be fascinating, and maybe hilarious. Throw in his observations on his tribesmates' and Rob's on James and it would likely be more entertaining than anything going on in the Heroes camp.

Zimbochick 35 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-10, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zimbochick Click to send private message to Zimbochick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
I'm wondering why coach is on the Villains, actually I am wondering why coach is back at all. He must be one of the worst strategic players ever, and is a total nutjob. I guess he makes for interesting tv.

02-28-10, 07:11 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Who on either tribe doesn't belong to be classed as Hero or Villain?"
Exactly. Randy, Sugar, James, perhaps Courtney were not particuarly good players but were popular or entertaining.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •