The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Impressions on the Merge:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-09, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Impressions on the Merge:"
For such a crappy season overall, we had quite an interesting merge episode. I'm not sure where I'd rank it but it would have to be up there with the best.

Of the previous seasons, I had really enjoyed the following for the votes:

- Borneo: That merge was an eye-opener.

- Australia: Mainly considering the elaborate strategy Tina showed by first getting info about Varner's previous votes and how Ogabore confused Kucha into thinking Colby had votes and not Jerri.

- Amazon: Everyone in the world knew Rodger was going except Rodger. Hilarious.

- Micronesia: It was all in Eliza's: It's just a f**ing stick!!!!
(Best line ever)

For the way the merge was done, I liked:

- Guatemala for the surprise merge at night.

- Panama for the "Lord of the Rings" feel of the 3 La Mina players approaching the dangerous shores of Casaya and then the surprise of Casaya showing their unity.

- China: The merge feast where Jeff said the game never stops and then he joined them in camp to question them about the events and Jaime playing a fake idol.

In my opinion, the worst were:

- Africa where they were simply told they had merged and went directly to a challenge. Voting out Clarence was stupid and wasn't the result of any smart moves by Samburu.

- Thailand: The fake merge sucked the air out of that season.

- Fiji: It isn't a merge if only 5 people go to TC.

- Gabon: The onions acted like spoiled brats and Fang acted like they were geniuses when the game had simply been handed to them on a silver platter.

Samoa was fun both in design and in the vote.

Natalie was the star of the episode, doing what Russell couldn't do: Getting everyone on the same page.

Russell was also impressive in his aggressive play. Now, everyone knows his game so it will be fun to see if he can still control them.

I really like Jaison when he defends his point at Tribal Council.

Laura is now Natalie's best friend and Russell's worst enemy. I think we know how that should turn out!

John is the one that opened the door to the mess that Galu got in by his obsession on voting out Monica but Erik paid for it!

Dave had some funny moments: "My sport is love making" and his scene with Shambo: "Tonight it's Erik". Shambo asked: "Erik who?" We're not the only ones who don't know Galu!

Finally, we saw in one camera shot what was Shambo's strategy: She's a floater!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Impressions on the Merge: dabo 11-09-09 1
   RE: Impressions on the Merge: michel 11-09-09 2
   RE: Impressions on the Merge: garcor 11-10-09 4
 RE: Impressions on the Merge: jbug 11-09-09 3
 RE: Impressions on the Merge: samboohoo 11-10-09 5
 RE: Impressions on the Merge: AvidRealityWatcher 12-23-09 6
   RE: Impressions on the Merge: michel 12-23-09 7
       RE: Impressions on the Merge: AvidRealityWatcher 12-23-09 14
           RE: Impressions on the Merge: michel 12-23-09 16
 RE: Impressions on the Merge: Aruba 12-23-09 8
   RE: Impressions on the Merge: michel 12-23-09 9
       RE: Impressions on the Merge: Aruba 12-23-09 10
           RE: Impressions on the Merge: dabo 12-23-09 11
               RE: Impressions on the Merge: michel 12-23-09 12
                   RE: Impressions on the Merge: Belle Book 12-23-09 13
                   RE: Impressions on the Merge: Aruba 12-24-09 17
                       RE: Impressions on the Merge: dabo 12-24-09 18
                           RE: Impressions on the Merge: Aruba 12-24-09 19
           RE: Impressions on the Merge: AvidRealityWatcher 12-23-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I loved this merge episode, watching Russell's game implode was fascinating.

He got lucky Alek went overboard even more.

For clarity, Thailand, the faux merge episode wasn't an actual merge, the real merge occured two episodes later. Which episode are you talking about? By the time the real merge happened it was clear who was going to continue to get Pagonged, which yes was pretty boring.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-09-09, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I was talking about the real merge. By then, Suck Job was dead, the game over.

The fake merge was good for a laugh but underlined the stupidity of the players that season:
No new buffs = No merge.

Watching Russell scramble was fun but I'm not sure his game completely imploded. Laura and Shambo still hate each other, John still fears the Laura/Monica alliance and Dave is still nervous. Plenty of ground to plant new seeds.

Alek?! We really didn't see Galu enough pre-merge!

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-09, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
Was a lot of fun seeing how players used the opportunity to suggest different names to remove from the game. Trying to figure out if the amount of scrambling was that unusual or if they just decided to emphasize it this year. Guessing it was more than usual.

Not sure Galu is taking Russell too seriously. Could see Russell being kept around because everyone figures they could win a jury vote against him.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I really like Jaison when he defends his point at Tribal Council.

So, you think he's planning on a career as a defense attorney?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
Agree with you about Jaison. He was brilliant.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

AvidRealityWatcher 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-23-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AvidRealityWatcher Click to send private message to AvidRealityWatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I had to repost this message from 6 weeks ago. Now knowing what you do, re-read the part on how samoa what this poster's experience with the show at that point was. Now think about how the game ended. I think its too funny how they correspond.

12-23-09, 05:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-09 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

Funny how?

I think what we saw at the merge was a good indication of how the game turned out.

Or funny, strange that I got it right?

I had predicted a Russell/Natalie showdown after episode #4. Rewatch the segment when they each have an end-game confessional, especially where Natalie says she planned on using Russell. That scene even ended with RussHell telling Natalie: "You have it made".

Survivor editing is easy to see through sometimes. The shaft the editors gave to galu in airtime was the first indication the winner was in Foa Foa.

You can read more about my editing thoughts of the merge episode and the subsequent ones here.

If you are also an avid-reality-reader, you could even read about the pre-merge here!

12-23-09, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AvidRealityWatcher Click to send private message to AvidRealityWatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I just wanted to point out that you have a keen sense of what is going on, that I dont. I thought it was ironic, and neat that you were able to do that at such an early stage.

Yes alot of things on this show are predictable, and I do pick up on some of them some of the time. The last big clue for me that Nata-lie was going to win was that little speach that Jeff made just before he read the votes. He said something about how well you play the game doesnt mean you are the winner automatically.

And to answer one of you points, I tend not to read, thats why I am a watcher. lol

You are a great viewer from home, and I believe you are a great poster here as well. Thanks for your input.

ARW

12-23-09, 10:22 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
Thank you for the nice words.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-23-09, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
The more players involved in a merge, the more scrambling you will inevitably have. Sheer numbers dictate that. I honestly don't recall the exact numbers for each seasons' merge, but I would suspect that 12 would be among, if not the most, ever at a merge. So yes I would say there was more scrambling than normal.

As far as "interesting?"...I thought you had the normal alpha-male bonding and pretty girls congregation. Personally when alpha-males bond and beautiful girls gravitate toward each other it has nothing do with strategy and everything to do with the natural order of things. It happens in school...it happens in society...why should a Reality Show like Survivor be any different. I suspect the Natalie fanclub will want to credit her with this natural gravitation, but whatever...

If you want to talk about predictability, I predicted TWO EPISODES BEFORE THE MERGE that Erik was slowly making a noose for himself and right on cue he proceeded to hang himself at TC. Another occurrence the Natalie Fanclub wants to credit her for.

I do agree with you that Dave revealing his favorite "sport" was by far the best line of that episode. But my most memorable scene is Russell pulling Laura aside to continue their discussion on what they talked about when Shambo sent Laura to the Foa Foa camp the prior episode. Laura boasted an 80 or 90% power advantage for her and Galu and rubbed it in Russell's face. Two episodes later it was Laura's face that dropped when she took the walk of shame to join Erik and Kelly on the Jury.

12-23-09, 07:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
And males gravitating towards females isn't part of the natural order of things? Weird, I thought it was.

Anyway, Natalie earned votes from Erik, Dave, Brett and Jaison. You wrote at one point that the Foa Foa voter would be key for you. Well Jaison voted for Natalie.

And, if you think Russell rubbed Laura's face in it 2 episodes after merge, Laura responded a few episodes later. Look how Russell's taking it 6 months later! Laura seemed quite at peace with herself! The guy that said it was only a game can't get over it!!! That's a too funny but he is a joke.

12-23-09, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
>And males gravitating towards females isn't
>part of the natural order
>of things? Weird, I thought
>it was.

Males gravitating toward HOT-LOOKING females is VERY natural. There's nothing weird about that. I don't see your point.

>Anyway, Natalie earned votes from Erik,
>Dave, Brett and Jaison. You
>wrote at one point that
>the Foa Foa voter would
>be key for you. Well
>Jaison voted for Natalie.

Erik was the most BITTER member of the Jury so he lead the charge voting AGAINST Russell. Dave was one of the many Galus on the Jury who rightfully held Russell responsible for putting them on the Jury. Jaison is a whinny crybaby who was voting AGAINST Russell. Brett is the only one I may lean toward Natalie "earning" his vote. But that came with the help from a "higher Authority" with Brett and Natalie working as His "warriors."

>And, if you think Russell rubbed
>Laura's face in it 2
>episodes after merge, Laura responded
>a few episodes later. Look
>how Russell's taking it 6
>months later! Laura seemed quite
>at peace with herself! The
>guy that said it was
>only a game can't get
>over it!!! That's a too
>funny but he is a
>joke.

I will never defend Russell for his pathetic lack of sportmanship. Actually his sore-losing attitude is par for the course this season and an extension of what a majority of this season's Jury was all about.

12-23-09, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
Well, I for one was disappointed in the jury performance this season. Not how they voted, they are entitled to vote however they want. But how they performed during Final Tribal. Erik's performance wasn't nearly as weird to me as Jaison's and Shambo's. I'd have to rewatch Final Tribal to really assess it, not sure I want to do that. I might give Sham a few credits for trying to make it entertaining.

Just once I'd like to see a jury where everyone comes to Final with an open mind and salient questions to ask of the finalists.

12-23-09, 08:07 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-09 AT 08:10 PM (EST)

In his interview, Brett said that all but 1 or 2 came in with an open mind so that isn't bad. I believe the questions were edited in a way to leave us an ounce of surprise. According to Mick and Jaison, Natalie really delivered good answers but we didn't hear them to protect Russell's chances.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-23-09, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I'll bet one of those that didn't come in with an open mind was Laura -- there was just no way she would ever vote for RussHell.

Interesting that we didn't hear Natalie's good answers in the show itself. That probably helped her -- that and the fact that RussHell was so intent on shooting himself in the foot with his ego and possible insecurity, which Natalie naturally allowed.

12-24-09, 10:32 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"

>In his interview, Brett said that all but 1 or 2 came in with an open mind...

LOL, if only "1 or 2" didn't come in with an mind then I'm Brad Pitt. And if I am Brad Pitt I wouldn't have time to reply to some post game interview which more times than not should be taken with a grain of salt. I'd be too busy doing last minute Christmas shopping for my wife and six kids! LOL

12-24-09, 11:35 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I don't know that Brett would know that anyway. Shambo was clearly for Russell. Erik was clearly for Natalie. That's two. Some others may have been open-minded over Mick or Nat, but were closed-mindedly anti-Russell. That's not open-minded to me.

12-24-09, 01:53 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
>I don't know that Brett would know that anyway.

Well there's no question what Brett did know FOR SURE. The fact that Russell and Russell alone by virtue of the final IC showdown cost Brett $1,000,000. Whereas the other Galus rightfully held Russell responsible for a CHANCE at a million, in Brett's case it was given.

12-23-09, 09:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Impressions on the Merge:"
I agree with the sportsmanship angle, none of the jury members, with exception to Shambo, were happy they got voted off, in fact they were pissed off. Russel is wrong for his attitude of course, but had he of been a better sport of things, none of the votes nata-lie received would have been against russel and she wouldnt have won.

Erik really did stir the pot up and make people consider the after game effect. Should they have all decided to give it to Russel the way it should have been, then all of them would have had to admit defeat to a master minded player, and acknowledge why they gave such a poor sport the money in the first place.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •