The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-04-09, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Okay I've been watching her for a while now, and it seems to me like Shambo just doesn't get "it". It's like she doesn't see the "end game". It was referenced a couple of times that she plays an emotional game. This was not the first time she sat in TB totally clueless. She made that known by her facial expressions even to the point where one of the Jury members said something like "she doesn't get it". Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional? OR is the appearance of a lack of intelligence all part of her strategy and she's just acting that way to throw people off? What do you think?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Prof_ Wagstaff 12-04-09 1
   RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Estee 12-04-09 2
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... LFJ 12-04-09 3
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Tublecane 12-04-09 4
   RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... MizJazmine 12-08-09 9
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Sahara 12-04-09 5
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Belle Book 12-05-09 6
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... dabo 12-06-09 7
   RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... MizJazmine 12-08-09 10
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Aruba 12-06-09 8
   RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... MizJazmine 12-08-09 11
       RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Aruba 12-08-09 12
           RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... michel 12-09-09 14
               RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Aruba 12-10-09 15
                   RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... michel 12-11-09 18
                       RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... iltarion 12-11-09 19
                           RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Belle Book 12-11-09 20
                           RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Aruba 12-13-09 24
                       RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Aruba 12-12-09 21
                           RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... iltarion 12-13-09 22
                               RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... Aruba 12-13-09 23
           RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... MizJazmine 12-10-09 16
       RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... kingfish 12-09-09 13
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... dabo 12-10-09 17
 RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or ... michel 12-14-09 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-04-09, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I'm voting for stupid, gullible and delusional.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-09, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I'd consider throwing in dain bramaged.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-04-09, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Shambo is probably not very well socialized, and she senses that about herself. She is seclusive, for example. She didn't go to the beach with the rest of her tribe, she sleeps in her own little nest. I believe she fears people and/or their rejection of her, so she keeps her distance from the group. She is less fearful with individuals, i.e., she was able to establish a one-on-one rapport with Erik, then Russell, and maybe Dave and Brett, but not the group. She was more comfortable with the chickens than her tribemates. She simply has, as Laura voiced, in such an elitist fashion, poor social skills, and she makes people uncomfortable, including herself.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-04-09, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I think Shambo's bad with people, knows it, and at least I hope she knows she'll never win. Maybe she gets so distracted by personal animosities that she can't focus on anything but throwing out this or that person until they're actually thrown out, longterm strategy be damned. I like to think she's given up and is looking to keep the people she likes in the game, everyone else be damned.

12-08-09, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I like to
>think she's given up and
>is looking to keep the
>people she likes in the
>game, everyone else be damned.

I'm inclined to agree with this because of what she said at the last TB. She said something about not wanting to give the money to someone she didn't feel deserved it or something like that. So to me she's not playing to win. She's playing to support the people she would want to win or not support the ones she doesn't want to win.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-04-09, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Yes.

> OR is
>the appearance of a lack
>of intelligence all part of
>her strategy and she's just
>acting that way to throw
>people off?

Strategy and Shambo don't really belong in the same sentence, IMO.

AF 2006

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-05-09, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I think she's rather gullible and has very bad people skills. She's also controlled by her emotions to a huge degree. And as far as strategy goes -- she has none. Just emotion.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-09, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Yes.

lol

Really, I think Shambo is down to earth, she just doesn't have a clue about how to play this stupid Survivor game. Does that make her dumb, no. It just makes her more real.

12-08-09, 03:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I think Shambo is down to earth too. I think she would give you the shirt off her back. I think that's in part her flaw in the game of Survivor.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-06-09, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Let's face it...casting a middle-aged, mullet-wearing, former female Marine on the same tribe with a group of beautiful Barbie Dolls, an "African Queen," four handsome men, and a not-so-handsome man who claims his best sport is "lovemaking" just SCREAMS of alienation. Granted Shambo has not helped her situation, but simply put, she didn't have much of a chance bonding with that group.

That fact combined with 30 days of starvation, dehydration, adverse conditions, and away from her family created a series of eruptions we all witnessed. To answer your question I'd say frustration is the emotion she's been feeling moreso than the other adjectives you listed. But despite these circumstances...if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. That being said, I don't believe she will be much longer for this game.

12-08-09, 03:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
>Let's face it...casting a middle-aged, mullet-wearing,
>former female Marine on the
>same tribe with a group
>of beautiful Barbie Dolls, an
>"African Queen," four handsome men,
>and a not-so-handsome man who
>claims his best sport is
>"lovemaking" just SCREAMS of alienation.
>Granted Shambo has not helped
>her situation, but simply put,
>she didn't have much of
>a chance bonding with that
>group.
>

I think Shambo herself created the alienation. She could have been a part of the group had she chosen to. She herself admitted that she had a different style of leadership than Russell S. did. If I'm correct she was picked pretty early I believe when it came to picking teams. So no I think she chose not to bond. Also Foa Foa turned around and did the same thing to her that Galu did and she had supposidly bonded with them. So how do you account for that?

12-08-09, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"

>She could have been a part of the group had she chosen to.

I agree that she could have made a better attempt, but even if she tried Shambo would have never been fully embraced by Galu. I have contended since the beginning of Survivor the greatest divide in this game has always been age...there's not even a close second. No way Shambo has a chance of bonding with the Barbie Dolls. And the Galu men will naturally gravitate toward the Barbies before Shambo. Could you hardly blame Shambo for not wanting to slip into those skimpy bikinis production provided for the women when the other Galu women fit nicely into them??? That certainly screams of alienation in my book.

> If I'm correct she was picked pretty early I believe when
>it came to picking teams.

I'm afraid you lost me on that one. The tribes were not established by a schoolyard pick 'em...they were predetermined by Production which is why I initially stated she didn't have a good shot bonding with them.

>Also Foa Foa turned around and did the same thing to
>her that Galu did and she had supposidly bonded with
them. So how do you account for that?

I account for that by saying it's not the same thing... it's an apples-to-orange comparison. Foa Foa embraced Shambo for a swing vote and to strategically use her to try to get an all Foa Foa F4. Foa Foa is cutting Shambo loose because that was Russell's strategy all along.
What Galu did to Shambo was more on a personal level. As hard as she would have tried, Shambo would not have fit in with Galu. But I do agree shame on her for not making an honest effort.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-09 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

Shambo and her two biggest rivals, Dave and Laura, are practically the same age.

Shambo was simply jealous that Dave could do the fire better than she could and that Laura was the one seen as the mother of the tribe and considered stronger in challenges. Shambo wanted to be the one to do things as seen in her fishing expedition.

12-10-09, 05:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"

>Shambo and her two biggest rivals,
>Dave and Laura, are practically
>the same age.

Sorry Michel...I don't regard Shambo (45) and Dave (38) and Laura (39) as "practically the same age."

Also when an "older" guy, such as Dave, is physically fit they have a much easier time bonding especially with the guys. Tom Westman and Terry, both challenge studs in their respective seasons and both over 40, proved that. And although Laura is listed as 39...Com' On Man...she could pass for 29.

In the game of Survivor perception is everything as opposed to what is actually listed on one's driver's license. Visually Shambo will always be concerned an "older player" this season.

12-11-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-09 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

So then it's more appearance than age, isn't it? I still don't agree. The biggest divide in this game is and always has been attitude, social skills if you prefer.

Roger fit right in a young Kucha tribe.
They hadn't reached camp yet and Tina was in an alliance with the 4 young members of her tribe, Jerri, Mitchell, Colby and Amber. (Amber was the 5th wheel at first)
Deena wasn't much younger than Jeanne yet she had the right attitude with Amazon's cute girls.

I could go on but I think the best comparison is BB, the "Maine Bobster" and JP. The first two were older men who worked hard in camp while the other was a young guy who thought he had it made.
In Borneo, the old guy was so irascible that he became the first man ever voted out.
In Cook Islands, the women (the young looking women) overturned the "King" at the first opportunity.
But, in Gabon, the Bobster had the right attitude and it earned him a million dollars.

From the start, Shambutch's attitude was all wrong.

PS: Funny how she lost the fishing equipment just like Sally whom you've never forgiven. Shambitch, you defend?

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Well, let's put it this way, the biggest divider that someone has no control over is age: not race, not gender, not where you are from. Through 19 seasons, it isn't even close. We've seen it again and again.
Yes, there have been exceptions through 19 seasons, quite often with players who looked younger (Laura) or simply acted younger (Shane). Or the opposite, acting older (Dave J).
Anyway, saying attitude, which a person has 100% control over is the ultimate divider is a matter of course. Anyone can choose to have Ben's attitude, or they can choose to have Natalie's.
From everything I've seen, I would put the Sham's alienation on attitude, not age. Age was a natural obstacle with Kelly, Monica and Brett, but she would have been fine with the group if she would have gotten along with Laura. Ultimately, like a fight with alpha males, I think this just came down to two A-type personalities. The Sham saw that in order to be "one of the group" she would have had to be subservient in way to Laura, and that really rubbed her the wrong way because she thought it should be the opposite. I'm sure in the Sham's mind she is older, wiser, smarter, and all around more fit for leadership.

>

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-11-09, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
I have to agree. Although age certainly didn't help Shambo fit in with Kelly, Monica or Brett what really killed her chances of fitting in was a personality clash with Laura. This is where Shambo's lack of knowledge of how to play Survivor hurt her. If she knew how to play Survivor, then she would've realized that she should've been subservient to Laura (or at least get along with her) in order to be one of the group. She didn't know that's what she had to do, and I doubt she really cared either. You'd probably love to have her in a real-life survivor situation, but this isn't a real-life survival one and she never learned it -- and I'm not sure she ever tried to. That's her fault, sad to say.

12-13-09, 08:01 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Thanks for the clarification, Iltarion. The greatest uncontrollable divide the game will ever know is AGE...not a close second.

Michel cited a few examples and in doing so showed there is one attempt an older castaway can try to minimize the effect of this great divide--try to forge a parent-child relationship with a likeable younger castaway. Roger did this with Elizabeth and it carried him in the game. Paschal did it with Neleh and probably would have won had it not been for the dreaded Purple Rock debacle. Probably the best example is Tom and Ian. Although Tom did not NEED to forge this relationship to win, it was a huge reason why Koror was arguably the best and most dominant tribe ever.

That being said, I'll stand by my claim that the casting of the Galu tribe didn't give Shambo much of a shot of attempting to minimize her age disadvantage by employing this strategy. I will agree with everyone by saying shame on her for not even trying. But (sorry to sound like a broken record,) even if she did, with three Barbie Dolls, an "African Queen," four handsome men, and one who claimed love-making as his best sport, NO WAY Shambo has a chance.

Yeah...I guess she could have tried to "fit in" but trying to "fit in" to one of those skimpy bikinis Production provided for the females before the IC. But the only one(s) who would have benefitted from that are the boys in the editing room who would have earned extra OT pay attempting the pixel out her whole body!

Yeah right...she could have tried harder...

12-12-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"

>PS: Funny how she lost the
>fishing equipment just like Sally
>whom you've never forgiven. Shambitch,
>you defend?

Wrong you are! Shambo did not lose the fishing equipment...she lost part of a snorkel. HUUUUGE difference. If memory serves me correct I don't believe Ozzy needed a snorkel in Cook Islands to catch enough fish in less than an hour to feed all the hungry children in Somalia. And there is NO doubt in my mind that Terry would have caught tons of fish in Exile Island without a snorkel had sh!thead Sally not lost the ENITRE speargun in the ocean.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-09, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Sir, you should not talk of my girl Sally in such a demeaning fashion. Thank you.

>

12-13-09, 05:15 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
HMMMM...I didn't know Sally was your girl...ALSO. I lost count. LOL.

Specifically my focus was more on the fishing gear or the equipment that actually CATCHES the fish as opposed to a snorkel.

Man-to-man gotta love a guy who comes to the defense of "his girl."

12-10-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
>
>
>> If I'm correct she was picked pretty early I believe when
>>it came to picking teams.
>
>I'm afraid you lost me on
>that one. The tribes were
>not established by a schoolyard
>pick 'em...they were predetermined by
>Production which is why I
>initially stated she didn't have
>a good shot bonding with
>them.
>
>
Hmmmm...maybe I stand corrected here. For some reason I thought they picked teams, when what they picked was leaders. But I do stand by my contention. From what i could see, she alienated herself.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
You're right, she isolated herself then blamed the others (the 90210 crowd) for her isolation.

Whatever other problems she has, being self-deluded certainly leads the parade.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
My own personal take on Shambo:

None of the above.

She went into this game with no real concept of the game. After all this time in the game she still has no real concept of the game. That has nothing to do with real life.

From what we've seen of her, she's a decent person, hard-working, someone you would like to have at your back in real life. Have at your back in a thoroughly contrived situation like the game of Survivor, no. Have as a friend, someone you can rely upon to back you up, give you the shirt off their back, absolutely.

12-14-09, 06:12 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Is Shambo stupid, gullible, or delusional?"
Dave said she was mentally ill. I can believe that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •