The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it worth it?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-09, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it worth it?"
I missed the first three episodes entirely, but I have everything else on DVR. I have not watched any of them or seen any spoilers.

Is this a good season or a bad season? Should I invest the time in catching up on what I have missed? Or should I just wait until the next season?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it worth it? foonermints 11-07-09 1
 RE: Is it worth it? michel 11-07-09 2
   RE: Is it worth it? PepeLePew13 11-13-09 8
       RE: Is it worth it? michel 11-14-09 14
 RE: Is it worth it? dabo 11-07-09 3
 RE: Is it worth it? Max Headroom 11-09-09 4
 RE: Is it worth it? Estee 11-09-09 5
 RE: Is it worth it? Brownroach 11-10-09 6
 RE: Is it worth it? samboohoo 11-10-09 7
   RE: Is it worth it? mhdallas 11-13-09 9
 RE: Is it worth it? SherpaDave 11-13-09 10
 RE: Is it worth it? KwietOne 11-13-09 11
   RE: Is it worth it? PepeLePew13 11-13-09 12
 RE: Is it worth it? Smooth23 11-13-09 13
 RE: Is it worth it? KuwabaraTheMan 11-14-09 15
   RE: Is it worth it? NedraSue 11-15-09 16
       alternately dabo 11-16-09 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it worth it?"
Why would you think that next season will be any better?

Stolen and mercilessly modified from Slicey

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it worth it?"
It isn't a good season. However, if you want to see someone play Survivor like no one else has ever done before, then it would be worthwhile. You'll hate him but you have to give it to him; he is playing hardball. Will it work? That's what keeps me interested.

The merge episode was fun so maybe post-merge will be good.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-09, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I'd say the game has gotten a lot more interesting the last couple of episodes - some good storylines going on now and some good drama building up.

You (michel) say it isn't a good season - I'd say it was a halfway decent start and a very interesting merge/post merge show so far. I'd rank this season about in the middle of the nineteen seasons so far, with the potential to get even better with all the Galu v. Foa Foa drama in the merge camp.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-09, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is it worth it?"
>You (michel) say it isn't a
>good season - I'd say
>it was a halfway decent
>start

I can certainly agree that it was halfway decent because we saw only half the cast!
Ok, it wasn't as bad as Thailand or Fiji but that's about it in my mind.

The merge could put it ahead of a few more. One can hope.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it worth it?"
The game doesn't really begin until the merge. Before that it's all, "Hi, I'm Shambo. This is my brother Russ, and this is my other brother Russ."

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is it worth it?"
So far it's been a lousy season. I'm only continuing to watch it because everyone else in my family is watching it.

agman's helping me survive

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I quit on the season after the first few episodes and plan to keep things that way through the finale. Should RussHell completely take over S20, I'm going to quit on that season too. And when he replaces the current host next September, I'm moving Party Anywhere That Isn't Near A Television Night to Thursday.

Horrible casting, stupid play, and endless confessionals from Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire, who owns a doublewide and a ego. (He's still paying off the ego.) See y'all in February -- for about an hour.

And in fact this does mean I don't want to do a summary.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is it worth it?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

One thing I like about this season is that they seem to be trying to give everyone some character development before they get booted. That's a new wrinkle.

That said, most of the focus until now has been on two players, one from each tribe.

You don't really need to watch all the eps to get a good sense of what's been going on. I'd watch the last ep, when the tribes merged. If that ep appeals to you, you may want to watch it going forward. I think the strategies will get interesting now.

Correction: well, the last person (Kelly) to get booted got zero character development ahead of time. So forget what I said.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I'm not a person who likes to watch anything unless I can see all of it and start at the beginning. And while I may not be enjoying this season as much as others, I still enjoy it. If you don't mind catching up, I would maybe watch challenges and TCs and go from there.

If spoilers are true, it will be fun to watch another Daniel/Goliath season now that we've gotten to the merge. I used to hate one of the characters, but I at least find him entertaining now.

IMO, Mick's hotness is worthy of watching all I could.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-13-09, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it worth it?"
Eh - it's not a great season to watch, but it's not as bad as some have been. I have to admit that I absolutely DETEST Russell and Shambo, but there's enough eye candy still around to keep me watching (like Mick and John, the rocket scientist - boy, are they pretty!)

Strategically speaking,there are some good plays being made but, unfortunately, most of them are being made by one of the most obnoxious players in reality history - so if you're like me and can't wait to see him fall on his face, then this season is definitely for you. (Of course, if the idiot actually ends up winning the whole thing, then this season will turn out to be one of the worst ever.)

Either way about it, it still beats anything else on Thursday night right now.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-09, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is it worth it?"
This is actually my favorite season (which, yes, is faint praise) in quite some time. I know a lot of people can't stand the main villain (Russell), but he cracks me the hell up every time he's on screen. And it's only gotten better as the season's gone on, almost entirely due to him.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-13-09, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I started watching at the beginning with fast-forwarding through episodes up until tribal council. I began watching the episodes in full AT merge time.

So, I'd fast forward through much of the episodes pre-merge.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-09, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I wouldn't. You'd need to see everything from the beginning to properly put the events of the last two episodes in full context and appreciate it all that much more.

I've enjoyed this season from start to finish.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-13-09, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I didn't bother watching the majority of the last few seasons, but this one has caught my attention. I like the whole goings on with Russell. This season has been very entertaining if you like to see game plays with some big moves rather than constant alliances fighting over who to boot next.

Bang

KuwabaraTheMan 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-14-09, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KuwabaraTheMan Click to send private message to KuwabaraTheMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I think it has been pretty good. While it hasn't necessarily been the best, there's been a lot of great moments, the cast has been pretty strong, and I think that it's had some pretty unpredictable moments.

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-09, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is it worth it?"
I started off the season not liking RussHell at all...I thought the producers should not have allowed him to dump out their canteens...but since then, I have really started to like him. He is pretty funny and is definitely playing the game.

It is odd how so many of the cast members haven't had hardly any air time.

I would have to say that this season is getting better.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "alternately"
The casting department goofed up and accidentally cast someone who really intended to play the game.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •